Retropie CRT Edition - Raspberry pi 2B/3B/3B+ - TV 15Khz (vga666 / pi2scart / rgb-pi)

@toto2000 Impressive guide!

Just did a quick test using google translate and i am impressed! :)
This is great for beginners! Going to refer to this guide when there is a English version available ;)
@toto2000 c'est cool ce tuto et très utile, mais je trouve que tu devrais insister sur la qualité principale de cette distrib Evo quand tu parles des autres distrib , à savoir que c'est la seule à permettre d'adapter la résolution et la fréquence (paramètre tout aussi important) des jeux d'arcade à la volée pour correspondre au systéme original ! Il ne s'agit pas d'une simple modif du fichier config du raspberry, chaque jeux d'arcade à ses propres hdmi_timings permettant un affichage natif au plus proche de ce que c'était. A ma connaissance, c'est la seule distrib à le gérer aussi bien. Indispensable pour tout les amoureux d'un rendu fidèle sur crt !! :)
CHEF0 escribió:16:9...en serio?me sangran los ojos [facepalm]

Completely agree, my maniac eyes are also bleeding [facepalm]
toto2000 is more interested in the number of games it has.
Sometimes I wonder what the professor is doing on this forum ;-)
mouss escribió:
CHEF0 escribió:16:9...en serio?me sangran los ojos [facepalm]

Completely agree, my maniac eyes are also bleeding [facepalm]
toto2000 is more interested in the number of games it has.
Sometimes I wonder what the professor is doing on this forum ;-)

Jajajaj [beer]
Respecto a los 16:9, ¿sabéis si existen bezels preparados para bajas resoluciones? Sería fantástico para aquellos que tenemos un televisor con formato panorámico.
Oh, my God! The forum is overrun by heretics ;)
mouss escribió:Oh, my God! The forum is overrun by heretics ;)

Я не говорю по-английски, извините.
SirAzraelGrotesque escribió:Respecto a los 16:9, ¿sabéis si existen bezels preparados para bajas resoluciones? Sería fantástico para aquellos que tenemos un televisor con formato panorámico.

poco recomendable,por el tema de desgaste de tubo.
mcfly escribió:
SirAzraelGrotesque escribió:Respecto a los 16:9, ¿sabéis si existen bezels preparados para bajas resoluciones? Sería fantástico para aquellos que tenemos un televisor con formato panorámico.

poco recomendable,por el tema de desgaste de tubo.

Pero si dejas las franjas negras el desgaste se va a producir de manera desigual, lo que tampoco sería muy recomendable. De todos modos, yo ya no juego durante un montón de horas seguidas a lo mismo, así que tampoco estaría tan expuesto.

Gracias por responder. ;)
El "quemado" del tubo,se produce por imágenes estáticas.
¿Se puede hacer que la música de fondo suene seguido hasta que cargues un juego?

Ahora mismo si pones un videopreview se pone a cargar el audio del vídeo, pero yo tengo todo escrapeado sin audio de los videopreview.

He estado buscando pero no se en que ruta esta el script de la música de fondo.

Un saludo.
mcfly escribió:El "quemado" del tubo,se produce por imágenes estáticas.

También se produce cierto deterioro por el propio uso. Si se dejan mucho las franjas negras, al final se acaba produciendo una especie de marca vertical por el diferente uso de las celdas del CRT. Pero bueno, que ese no era el tema que me interesaba, sino saber si existen bezels en baja resolución. He buscado un poco, pero no he encontrado nada.
Sorry if my previous video hurt some eyes ;-)

I didn't want to impress with the number of games, I just installed romsets I had from other images... I spent a big lot of time writing a guide and the video was to show where I could get, starting from a base beta 3.5 image 4 weeks ago.

I spent quite a lot of time guessing how to configure properly the scummvm games (see the guide), how to configure properly amiga games with all bioses etc + handle properly subfolders in systems. Any noob can download huge romsets and install them. But some systems are more tricky than others to configure. The video also shows the video player, screensaver with nice options etc. I'm very happy with my setup now, and thought it was worth sharing a video.

I exchanged many emails with @Krash and tested many different things that led to some bug fixes... I cannot say how grateful I am to the great work and polish that has been put in this base image. Kudos @Krash :-)
@toto2000

I'm sorry if I offended you, that wasn't the point.
But I'm a maniac in love with beautiful pixels, fidelity is my leitmotiv :-)
I don't question the work you've done, and I appreciate your spirit of sharing.

When I say that you prefer quantity to quality, you have to admit that I'm not completely wrong.
The Nintendo 64 emulation on Raspberry is far from perfect, and there are a lot of graphics bugs.
Other badly emulated systems or games are swarming in your fullset, but you don't have time to test everything ;-)

Good continuation on the forum, and continue to have a lot of fun with Retropie CRT edition, but preferably on a 4:3 TV ;-)
@mouss : I agree with you and I'm also looking for the best results as possible. But......

but where did you see I'm using a 16:9 TV ?????.... I have a 4:3 TV! The TV on the video is 4:3! Screen is 41cm wide by 31cm height. 4/3 = 1.3333333, while 41/31 is 1.31, so an error of less than 1% certainly due to the plastic frame.

Where did you see a 16/9 TV on my video? Wow.... maybe double check it. I filmed from the side to avoid some frequencies artefacts + the supersweet theme uses only the central part of the screen, but believe me, this is a 4:3 CRT TV! The TV on the video is a 4:3 Philips model 21pt5406, pure 4/3 according to the manual + I just double checked using a plastic rule : it's 41cm by 31cm.

Imagen

Also, about "non perfect games"....I selected manually the N64 games to keep the ones that work well with lr-mupen. Did you see the guide I wrote, section N64 games (it contains a list of selected games that run well) + the list of filtered N64 games I started to post in this forum? I'm testing them one by one (the N64 ones) and only keep the ones that are smooth/enjoyable. I haven't finished testing all of them (I'm at letter 'N'), but thrust me, I keep only the one that work well with the imposed emulator. (I reproduced this list at the end of this message in case someone is interested...)

What other games are you talking about, that are not well emulated? So far I did not have encountered a lot except in the N64 set, and I removed any of them that was not enjoyable. I plugged my snes, my ps1, my pcengine on the same TV you see in the video and compared. All games have only maybe 1 or 2 frames of latency compared to the real consoles, and this is not even noticeable (some friends recorded the screen using a 60 frame/s gopro with Sonic 2 for example, and measured the latency). What we've got here is much better than what we get with an HDMI TV.

Except N64 all systems are very well emulated imho. I remove arcade games one by one when the emulation is not good and so far this has been the case of less than five games... I'm using this and checked my romset starting with the red lines, then orange ones (and some orange did work well with new emu versions): List of arcade games on mame 2003, 2003-plus, 2010 and fba

N64 games that work well with imposed N64 emu in CRT EVO 1.1

007 - GoldenEye (USA).n64
1080 Snowboarding (Japan, USA) (En,Ja).n64
AeroFighters Assault (USA).n64
AeroGauge (USA).n64
Aidyn Chronicles - The First Mage (USA).n64
Air Boarder 64 (Europe).n64
Army Men - Sarge's Heroes (USA).n64
Army Men - Air Combat (USA).n64
Army Men - Sarge's Heroes 2 (USA).n64
Banjo-Kazooie (USA).n64 *
BattleTanx (USA).n64
Battlezone - Rise of the Black Dogs (USA).n64
Beetle Adventure Racing! (USA) (En,Fr,De).n64
Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. (USA).n64
Blast Corps (USA) (Rev A).n64
Blues Brothers 2
Bust-A-Move '99 (USA).n64
Bust-A-Move 2 - Arcade Edition (USA).n64
Centre Court Tennis (Europe).n64
Chopper Attack (USA).n64
Diddy Kong Racing (USA) (En,Fr) (Rev A).n64
Donkey Kong 64 (USA).n64
Extreme-G XG2 (USA).n64
F-Zero X (USA).n64
Forsaken 64.n64
Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko (USA).n64
Hydro Thunder (USA).n64
Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards (USA).n64
Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (USA).n64
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (USA) (Rev B).n64
Mario Kart 64 (USA).n64
Mario Tennis (USA).n64
Paper Mario (USA).n64
Perfect Dark.n64
Pokemon Snap (USA).n64
Pokemon Stadium (USA) (Rev A).n64
Pokemon Stadium 2 (USA).n64
Robotron 64 (USA).n64
San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing (USA) (En,Fr,De).n64
Sin and Punishment.zip
South Park - Chef’s Luv Shack
Star Fox 64 (USA) (Rev A).n64
Star Soldier - Vanishing Earth (USA).n64
Super Mario 64 (USA).n64
Super Mario Bros 64.z64
Super Smash Bros. (USA).n64
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (USA).n64
Wave Race 64 (USA) (Rev A).n64
Wipeout 64 (USA).n64
Yoshi's Story (USA) (En,Ja).n64

Games too slow to be playable :

007 - The World Is Not Enough (USA).n64
All Star Tennis '99 (USA).n64
Cruis'n USA (USA) (Rev B).n64
Destruction Derby 64 (USA).n64
Pilotwings.n64

Graphics bugs, unplayable, non enjoyable games :

Banjo-Tooie (USA).n64
Lego Racers.n64 jouable mais des trucs qui flashent...

Games that work, but I never managed to start a game :

BattleTanx - Global Assault (USA).n64

Games that crash on start :

Glover
Space Invaders
toto2000 escribió:@mouss : I have a 4:3 TV! The TV on the video is 4:3! Screen is 41cm wide by 31cm height. 4/3 = 1.3333333, while 41/31 is 1.31, so an error of less than 1% certainly due to the plastic frame.

Thank you for using a 4:3 TV, your rating with the maniacs is up.
Apparently, I'm not the only one who took your 4:3 TV for a 16:9.
It's amazing what a parallax error can lead to misunderstandings :-)

toto2000 escribió:N64 games that work well with imposed N64 emu in CRT EVO 1.1

Nothing is imposed, it's a default choice, but CRT EVO 1.1 is not protected :-)

For the Nintendo 64, just because a game works well doesn't mean it's perfect.
This system is very poorly emulated, even using a super PC and other emulators.

To show you how maniacal I am, let's talk about the B.O.B game on Super Nintendo.
Try the rom in PAL or NTSC version, you should see some flaws at the top of the screen.
I admit it doesn't prevent you from playing, the game works well, but there's a problem.
Some people will play without taking it into account, and the maniacs will look for a possible solution.

My meticulous side is disturbed by certain details, even though they are insignificant in your eyes.
I must say that I've had the opportunity to test many original systems, and it doesn't help.
I'm an old maniac who fell under the spell of pixels during the Space Invaders era :-)
Well, @Krash set up some filter that prevent using non "officially supported" emulators. Indeed we can try tweaking this but I'd prefer to do it with @Krash's approbation. Apparently the libretro emus are preferred over the non lr ones... Maybe we can try getting better results with non lr N64 emu, but my experience is that indeed it is possible to run more games this way, but resolution settings/gamepad settings become more problematic to handle...

I will check this B.O.B game using different freqs. I choosed 60Hz by default....
toto2000 escribió:Well, @Krash set up some filter that prevent using non "officially supported" emulators. Indeed we can try tweaking this but I'd prefer to do it with @Krash's approbation.

Indeed the work and selflessness of -krahs- deserve the utmost respect!

toto2000 escribió:I will check this B.O.B game using different freqs. I choosed 60Hz by default....

The frequency is chosen according to the region of the game.
If you don't use the right frequency, you can cause other problems.
Does the "auto" freq choice "chooses the right freq" ? I'm asking because some games (I think of some psx games here) proposed to switch to 60 Hz even if they were EUR versions (if the TV could handle it), for the sake of getting some extra fps.
toto2000 escribió:Does the "auto" freq choice "chooses the right freq" ? I'm asking because some games (I think of some psx games here) proposed to switch to 60 Hz even if they were EUR versions (if the TV could handle it), for the sake of getting some extra fps.

The script that manages the automatic frequency looks for a possible indication of the game region in the file name.
So, unless you rename your games correctly, no miracle.
If the script fails to identify it correctly, it offers to choose the frequency manually.
And important detail, it saves your choice in a file. The next time the game is launched, the saved frequency will be used.

Only the core really identifies if the game is intended for PAL or NTSC

For example if you run a PAL rom in 60Hz

In retroarch, Vertical Refresh Rate displays 60Hz and Estimated Screen Framerate displays 50Hz

If the frequency chosen at the start of the game corresponds to the region, the 2 values will be identical.
Hello,
does someone notice some tearing on games running Advance Mame emulator ? The vertical sync is set ON inside parameter of emulator but I got some tearing typically like it would be OFF , on some games with lot of display charge . For example and easy check, Golden axe death Adder revenge show me tearing from the start at the intro screen with background fire... In fact, I got this rarely but on many games when intensive action is displayed (but why the sync option seems to fail ? is it my config ?)
Scanlinator escribió:Hello,
does someone notice some tearing on games running Advance Mame emulator ? The vertical sync is set ON inside parameter of emulator but I got some tearing typically like it would be OFF , on some games with lot of display charge . For example and easy check, Golden axe death Adder revenge show me tearing from the start at the intro screen with background fire... In fact, I got this rarely but on many games when intensive action is displayed (but why the sync option seems to fail ? is it my config ?)

SEGA is stronger than you!
Golden Axe: the Revenge of Death Adder, is an excellent Beat them all :-)
This game works quite well on Advance Mame.
No graphical bugs, especially shadows, like on other emulators.
I don't see any particular flaws, but you can try this in the video menu of Advance Mame

Resize [no]

eventually
SMP [no]

Also try
Vsync [no], the result is sometimes surprising.

I use a Raspberry 3B+ with a VGA666, connected to a Brandt TV.
Golden Axe the Revenge of Death Adder is ok for me with mame2003-plus, no tearing, super smooth, small bug in shadows during attract mode, it does not run with advmame on CRT evo for me -> returns to menu.... I almost never use advmame as it's hard to make configs that could be generalized + sometimes it messes up gamepads when I do not connect them on the same port between gaming sessions.... Too much hassle using it. I run all my arcade games with mame2003-plus or lr-fbneo + mame2010 for the games that can only be run by this one.
I use advmame only for some analog games such as Marble Madness that I play with my trackball.
toto2000 escribió:Golden Axe the Revenge of Death Adder is ok for me with mame2003-plus, no tearing, super smooth, small bug in shadows during attract mode, it does not run with advmame on CRT evo for me -> returns to menu.... I almost never use advmame as it's hard to make configs that could be generalized + sometimes it messes up gamepads when I do not connect them on the same port between gaming sessions.... Too much hassle using it. I run all my arcade games with mame2003-plus or lr-fbneo + mame2010 for the games that can only be run by this one.
I use advmame only for some analog games such as Marble Madness that I play with my trackball.

Your comment confirms that the quality of the rendering is not essential to you.
The shadows under the characters are badly rendered. This defect is visible as soon as the game is presented and throughout the game.
If for you, Golden Axe the Revenge of Death Adder turns out well on mame 2003 plus, then I can affirm that it turns out excellently under mame advance.

During our previous discussions, I took the time to answer your questions, especially about the automatic frequency selector.
I'd like to get your opinion on the topics we've discussed, especially B.O.B. for Super Nintendo.
Unless, of course, you don't notice any bugs or playing with it doesn't offend your sense of perfection ;-)
I played with B.O.B indeed there are some small glitches above the score. I thought they were also in the original game... After your message I checked some videos on YT and indeed, it's an emulation bug. I did not notice this...

I tried the (Europe) version of the game in 50Hz and in 60 Hz and indeed the size on the screen is different, the surface occupied by the game is larger with 60Hz and shows a small black area on left while in 50Hz there are two small black bars on the left and on the right...

I can't say which one I prefer. I don't have the original game to compare. I won't say that I don't care, I hope that one day the emulation will be 100% accurate, but meanwhile I can play and enjoy the game... Did you try with other emus if it's better? And between the 3 freqs, in this version, I think that I prefer the 60Hz rendering... the problem is that using the freq corresponding to the region of the game is not always the right approach. Some us or japan games have been designed for 60Hz and making them run at 50Hz was like using a "limited version". I remember that if you had a 60Hz tv some games even proposed this in a menu... SOme games on the other hand were designed for 50Hz (games made by European companies) and playing them at 60Hz was a bit akward... So it's a case by case choice. My guess is that most games have been designed for 60Hz...
toto2000 escribió:I played with B.O.B indeed there are some small glitches above the score. I thought they were also in the original game... After your message I checked some videos on YT and indeed, it's an emulation bug. I did not notice this...

I tried the (Europe) version of the game in 50Hz and in 60 Hz and indeed the size on the screen is different, the surface occupied by the game is larger with 60Hz and shows a small black area on left while in 50Hz there are two small black bars on the left and on the right...

I can't say which one I prefer. I don't have the original game to compare. I won't say that I don't care, I hope that one day the emulation will be 100% accurate, but meanwhile I can play and enjoy the game... Did you try with other emus if it's better? And between the 3 freqs, in this version, I think that I prefer the 60Hz rendering... the problem is that using the freq corresponding to the region of the game is not always the right approach. Some us or japan games have been designed for 60Hz and making them run at 50Hz was like using a "limited version". I remember that if you had a 60Hz tv some games even proposed this in a menu... SOme games on the other hand were designed for 50Hz (games made by European companies) and playing them at 60Hz was a bit akward... So it's a case by case choice. My guess is that most games have been designed for 60Hz...

Your words are a little confusing, maybe we have a little trouble understanding each other.

Preferably, a game should be used with the frequency for which it was programmed.
If your game is designed for 60Hz, there is no point in running it on 50Hz.
Because it is at 60Hz that games take up the largest area of the CRT screen.

You can try playing a PAL ROM at 60Hz to avoid the black bands of 50Hz.
But the frequency is not correct, so you risk some graphic or audio bugs.
On Super Nintendo, try Super Probotector in 60Hz, you'll see the defect on the scrolling of title The Alien Wars begin!

In addition, protected games will only play at their original frequency.
Unless your PAL and NTSC Cores are set to Auto Region.
But in this case, Vertical Refresh Rate and Estimated Screen Framerate will be different.
And you will certainly have different flaws, whether you see them or not ;-)

Hence my previous explanations, which you apparently overlooked or misinterpreted.

Concerning the B.O.B solution, you have to use another version of the Core.
But you'll have to add it, because it's not part of this distribution.

I'm going to rest, these explanations have exhausted me ;-)
Thanks a lot, a pleasure to talk.... :-) I will investigate.... to expand my knowledge of this PAL/NTSC micmac.
toto2000 escribió:Thanks a lot, a pleasure to talk.... :-) I will investigate.... to expand my knowledge of this PAL/NTSC micmac.

The pleasure is shared :-)
And there's no PAL/NTSC micmac ;-)
Forget the limitations of the original console, which only read games from the country in which it was marketed.

The maniac I am wastes too much time with small details.
So don't be like me, keep enjoying the game, that's the most important thing.

This is the Core I use with the Super Nintendo.
Snes9x 1.56 improves compatibility, but may reduce performance.
It works well on my Raspberry 3B+.

On reflection, you're not wrong, video standards have always been a real micmac :-)
Before RGB consoles, you had to juggle PAL and SECAM for computers and VCRs.
But as I told you, I'm an old maniac, and for me everything seems obvious.
mouss escribió: then I can affirm that it turns out excellently under mame advance.

Yes Golden axe death Adder revenge run at good speed on Advance mame (and slowly on mame 2003) but at the cost of really visible frameskip , turn the frameskip at 1 value to see the result without frame skip ( instead of "auto" ;)) you got a perfect smooth animation but run too slowly likewise. Globaly this is the only way for this emulator to keep full speed on many games which run slowly elsewhere, no secret (and it's better than nothing :) ). So the improvement on pi4 (with oc 2ghz) on advance mame precisely is what I hope the more in terms of performance gain. I think just 25% more powerful can be significantly visible. I run it on many arcade game create after 95' that mame 2003 doesn't support or run very slowly , it's a very good emulator , It is too bad it's no libreto to take advantage of unified config and parameters.
Scanlinator escribió:
mouss escribió: then I can affirm that it turns out excellently under mame advance.

Yes Golden axe death Adder revenge run at good speed on Advance mame (and slowly on mame 2003) but at the cost of really visible frameskip , turn the frameskip at 1 value to see the result without frame skip ( instead of "auto" ;)) you got a perfect smooth animation but run too slowly likewise. Globaly this is the only way for this emulator to keep full speed on many games which run slowly elsewhere, no secret (and it's better than nothing :) ). So the improvement on pi4 (with oc 2ghz) on advance mame precisely is what I hope the more in terms of performance gain. I think just 25% more powerful can be significantly visible. I run it on many arcade game create after 95' that mame 2003 doesn't support or run very slowly , it's a very good emulator , It is too bad it's no libreto to take advantage of unified config and parameters.

Most emulators make concessions to get a decent result :-)
When perfection is sought by the designer, even a powerful PC has a hard time. The BSNES emulator is a perfect example of this.
Using it with maximum compatibility requires enormous resources.
Although I also use a PC, with the Ati card and GroovyMame, the Raspberry rendering in 15Khz impresses me.
I might be interested in a Pi 4, when --Krash-- decides to manage it ;-)
Buenos días.
Una pregunta de noob perdonar.
Tengo una pi3b+ y al ponerla en un crt Daewoo no se ve imagen no hay respuesta y en otro crt pequeño de 15 pulgada si . No entiendo pq.
Tengo un aparato pi2scart. Se ve en todos las tvs crt o tiene algún problema con alguna culona?
Gracias y un saludo.
Hi everyone, here is finally an english version of the guide I wrote about Retropie CRT EVO, how to set it up, calibrate screen, add roms and bioses, setting up the video player, nice screensaver, access the pi through the network, use scummvm, etc.

I also have a french version (just in case) :
Hola:

¿Podría indicarme alguien a qué se debe el ruido de fondo que tienen los juegos al emularlos en Retropie CRT edition?

Al subir el volumen se nota más, lógicamente. Es un tipo de siseo que no sé a qué puede deberse.

Gracias.
Hola, me gustaría pedirte amablemente que insertes los siguientes títulos en el script para forzar la resolución, a fin de hacerlos perfectamente reproducibles,Además, ¿alguien ha logrado ejecutar Darius o Warrior Blade en solo 1 monitor?

Gracias

airduel
wwf wrestlefest
trojan
superman
super pang
rastan
pang
@turbocharged I dont' have any noise with pi2scart + CRT EVo 1.1, check your cables, isolation etc. What device are you using? RGB-Pi? Pi2Scart?
toto2000 escribió:@turbocharged I dont' have any noise with pi2scart + CRT EVo 1.1, check your cables, isolation etc. What device are you using? RGB-Pi? Pi2Scart?

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+.

I use Pi2Scart and Retropie CRT Edition EVO 1.1 (ESTABLE/FINAL).

I connect the audio from the Raspberry to the speakers with a 3.5 mm jack cable.
Guys for the noise really check the cable used. I connect my RPi2 using Pi2Scart and I have checked that not every cable works in the same way. Today there are a lot of low quality cables and they introduce noise. If you use a good one, everything will work as expected.
AxelStone escribió:Guys for the noise really check the cable used. I connect my RPi2 using Pi2Scart and I have checked that not every cable works in the same way. Today there are a lot of low quality cables and they introduce noise. If you use a good one, everything will work as expected.

How do you connect Raspberry Pi to speakers? What cable do you use?
I use this (from Raspberry to speakers): https://www.amazon.es/AmazonBasics-Cabl ... 394&sr=8-9

I connect Raspberry Pi to my CRT TV whith this Scart: https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01DW8M3S8/ref ... WEb2JAD6T9

I use these speakers: https://www.amazon.es/Bose-Sistema-mult ... 166&sr=8-2
@turboparada For audio I don't have any special cable, more or less I have a good quality with anyone I've tested. For video I agree with you, something like the one you are showing with gold plugs, is the best one.
I'm rerouting the audio to the scart cable and the audio comes from the TV. Even if I turn the volume up, I don't have noise. I use cheap cables, but I had to reject two old scart cables before finding one that gives a clean image. I use the small jack cable provided with Pi2Scart, to re-route the sound out of the pi into the Pi2Scart board.
Tengo otra duda en relación a la gran variedad de roms que existen de un mismo juego.

¿Qué diferencia hay entre la rom normal, revisión A, revisión B, etc.?
Hola buenas noches , puede alguien decirme pq me salen muchos juegos en vertical y la forma de ponerlos para que se puedan jugar.
Un saludo a todos, empezar en esto es un poco lioso perdonar por las preguntas tontas pero puse vertical en el buscador y no me resolvió la duda sry.
gato63 escribió:Hola buenas noches , puede alguien decirme pq me salen muchos juegos en vertical y la forma de ponerlos para que se puedan jugar.
Un saludo a todos, empezar en esto es un poco lioso perdonar por las preguntas tontas pero puse vertical en el buscador y no me resolvió la duda sry.

Tienes que ir a CRT Config y verás en el menú de configuración (creo que es la primera opción) la opción para activar la rotación de la pantalla. Juraría por defecto viene en OFF, la pones en ON y listo.
Read the guide I wrote (posted a few messages ago, and I guess pinned in the first page).
For vertical games there are two possibilities : a) with a horizontal tv/monitor, you must set "rotate vertical games" to 90 or -90 in the CRT config/video settings menu. b) The best way to play vertical games is to rotate your tv/monitor, then, set "rotate front end" to 90 or -90. This will restart EmulationStation and then vertical games will run pixel perfect. You can always make ES H/V on the fly using the CRT config menu.

See this video :
VaNiL escribió:
gato63 escribió:Hola buenas noches , puede alguien decirme pq me salen muchos juegos en vertical y la forma de ponerlos para que se puedan jugar.

Tienes que ir a CRT Config y verás en el menú de configuración (creo que es la primera opción) la opción para activar la rotación de la pantalla. Juraría por defecto viene en OFF, la pones en ON y listo.

Muchísimas gracias tiaco.
Ayer estuve buscando información sobre cómo hacer overclocking en la Raspberry Pi 3 Modelo B+ para mejorar la emulación de los juegos de Nintendo 64. Desde el menú de Retropie solo se puede hacer overclacking para los modelos de Raspberry Pi anteriores al 3.

Por lo poco que pude comprobar anoche, ya que era un poco tarde y me fui a la cama, he conseguido que Super Mario 64 no se ralentice en los puntos en los que antes sí lo hacía. Seguiré investigando y haciendo pruebas...

Lo que está claro es que la solución a los problemas de emulación de Nintendo 64, y tal vez de Dreamcast, vendrá con el uso de la Raspberry Pi 4.

Un saludo
turboparada escribió:Lo que está claro es que la solución a los problemas de emulación de Nintendo 64, y tal vez de Dreamcast, vendrá con el uso de la Raspberry Pi 4.

A mi, personalmente, me parecería muy interesante que se pudiese emular Saturn, 3DO y CDi, pero he leído en todas partes que la emulación de esas máquinas via Raspberry aún se encuentra bastante verde. Espero que con Raspberry Pi4 la cosa mejore en ese sentido.
@-krahs-

Loving the Video Player!

Started watching a lot of old cartoon from my childhood on my B&O MX7000.

But i have a few request because the Video Player in a little bit crippled compared to running the video via command line.

Would it be possible to add full keyboard support inside EmulationStation?

Struggling with enabling different audio sources and subtitles.

Full Kodi support would also be awesome!

Edit: Looks like it's some of my Anime video files that are not supported when it comes to subtitles.
But i second full Kodi support! :)
Hi, I would like to request on a future version if you can have a 50Hz in game video centering setting because there is only a 60Hz version but the image on 50Hz games gets slightly shifted to the left in relation 60 Hz
1626 respuestas