[HO] blargSNES • Primer emulador de SNES • Nueva versión 1.3b!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Versión 1.3b:
• Hotfix release, compatible with latest 3DS hacks
Fuente
Gracias a @jon2491 y @SoteBcn por ambas noticias.

Descarga 3DSX
Descarga CIA

Versión 1.3:
So....
blargSNES 1.3 is out. Check out the first post, as usual.
So what are the highlights of this release?
Graphics improvements
DiscostewSM has been helping add new features to the hardware renderer. Hires modes and offset-per-tile are now supported, and some of the glitches that have been observed before have been fixed, too.
The changes were not backported to the software renderer. I'm not even sure if that renderer will be maintained once hardware supports midframe palette changes. Software is accurate but is unable to reach true 60fps on the 3DS, no matter how optimized it is.
All rendering in blargSNES was also modified to take advantage of the PICA geometry shaders. This divides memory usage for vertices by 3, and also provides a little speedup.
Audio improvements
Yeah, improvements in the audio department too. We're still stuck using CSND sadly, but DiscostewSM excelled where I failed. Audio quality is near perfect now. Oh and it also supports things like noise, echo, pitch modulation...
Sound output is also done in proper stereo now, the left and right channels are no longer mixed together on both speakers.
Emulation improvements
The main emulation loop has been rewritten, allowing for more accuracy, saner code, and potential speedups. IRQ/NMI behavior has been revised and is much closer to that of the real SNES.
The only downside to this is that SPC700 timing is still not correct. It's better, but not quite there yet. Some games were fixed, others were broken.
Interface improvements
Uh yeah, what's a good emulator without a good interface?
DiscostewSM modified the ROM selector so that it's also able to browse through folders. When starting a ROM, it saves the folder the ROM was in, too.
Plans for the future
Working hard on the fragment lighting system. I have an idea involving it to emulate color palettes. It would be helpful in emulating midframe palette changes, too.
Oh and the damn SPC700 timing issue. And more emulation fixes.

Changelog

Version 1.3:
* Usage of geometry shaders and other speedups to rendering
* Hardware renderer: offset-per-tile, hi-res modes, and more fixes by DiscostewSM
* Much better sound quality, support for noise, echo and pitch modulation (thanks DiscostewSM again)
* Two added scaling modes: 4:3 and cropped 4:3
* Better open-bus emulation, and ability to execute code in open-bus regions (fixes Home Alone)
* Overall more accurate timings, IRQ fixes, etc
* ROM selector is no longer locked to the /snes folder
* the usual forgotten novelties, surprise

Descarga 3DSX, 3DS y CIA

Fuente

Lanzado el primer emulador de SNES:

What the title says. If you have seen lolSnes, you know what to expect. This project even reuses a lot of lolSnes's code.

Like everything else regarding 3DS homebrew, this is in early stages and full of issues. I won't be distributing builds before the first official release for this very reason. First official release will be when there's enough PPU support.

The source code is available in a Github repo: https://github.com/StapleButter/blargSnes

This isn't the cleanest code ever, but it can serve as a handy reference for 3DS homebrew development (or SNES emulation, although I wouldn't recommend it :P ).

There's a thread somewhere in this forum explaining how to build 3DS homebrew. If you want to build blargSnes, follow exactly that. To run blargSnes, you'll need a 3DS on 4.5 or lower and a Gateway. This will surely change in the future (although you don't have to be scared of bricking your 3DS if you have a genuine Gateway and downloaded Launcher.dat from their website).

blargSnes works the same way as lolSnes. On the 3DS's SD card (not the Gateway MicroSD), create a folder named 'snes' and put your SNES ROMs in there. With that done, start blargSnes, and you see a ROM selection menu. Select your ROM and press A (or B). See what happens.

Current status

It runs SMW.

http://i.imgur.com/MOlCax0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7CLbczx.jpg

Shitty colors brought to you by usage of a phone camera in the dark. The emulator itself renders colors accurately.

For now, nothing else will run, because there is a very dirty hack that skips SMW's SPC700 upload routine. This will change in the near future though. I might use methods similar to the ones SnesAdvance employed back then.

PPU support is very preliminary, as you can see. It's hardcoded to render a couple layers for the sake of testing, no sprites yet.

lolSnes's PPU code can't be reused in blargSnes. It relied extensively on the DS's 2D GPU, and the 3DS has nothing similar in 3DS mode. Because of that, rendering has to be done in software, which may end up killing performance. In the worst case, frameskip will be used to achieve decent speeds.

I tried to port in lolSnes' SPC700 core, but it gave me trouble. Due to the way SPC700 transfers are done, synchronizing it with the CPU less often makes transfers take more time, but at the same time, synchronizing more often tends to kill performance.

So for now, I just skipped all that, so I can get a serious game running and work on the PPU.

I didn't have that kind of issues on the DS because I didn't care about syncing the two. One ran on the ARM9, the other on the ARM7, and they were happy. On the 3DS however, no such parallel execution for userland apps, you need to hack the kernel to be able to use the two ARM11 cores.

There's also vertical tearing and all sorts of artifacts caused by the framebuffer rendering which isn't quite mastered yet (in particular, it isn't known how to sync to the display refresh rate). Closing your 3DS, pressing the Home button or moving the 3D slider can also cause images to disappear or become garbled (top screen is particularly susceptible to that because it uses an atypical color format).

Roadmap

* implement enough PPU support to be able to call it useful (in particular, sprites come to mind)
* (re)implement saving
* optimize some shit (DMA is horribly inefficient, for one)
* fix the framebuffer related issues I mentioned above
* implement sound, whenever we figure out how to make the 3DS play sound (and when I can get around implementing the SPC700 without causing major slowdowns)

Credits

* 3dbrew and all the people who made 3DS homebrew a possibility
* anyone who helped make lolSnes work

Código fuente

Fuente
Pasara tiempo hasta que sea estable. A ver si lo consiguen y lo podemos disfrutar. De mientras tengo mi dstwo.
Primera versión no oficial:

Also, as a few people seemed to want a compiled and packaged .3ds of BlargSnes, here it is, though it's by no means an official release, and I'd advise on waiting on the official release before trying to use it, as this version is still rather buggy.

@StapleButter Let me know if you want me to take it down, just figured they'd stop asking if they got an unofficial release, regardless of how buggy it is.

PS, structure is as follows:

BigSD:\snes\rom.smc

Descarga

Fuente

Salu2!
egarrote escribió:Primera versión no oficial:

Also, as a few people seemed to want a compiled and packaged .3ds of BlargSnes, here it is, though it's by no means an official release, and I'd advise on waiting on the official release before trying to use it, as this version is still rather buggy.

@StapleButter Let me know if you want me to take it down, just figured they'd stop asking if they got an unofficial release, regardless of how buggy it is.

PS, structure is as follows:

BigSD:\snes\rom.smc

Descarga

Fuente

Salu2!

Gracias por la info! Cuántas buenas noticias de la scene de repente. Por cierto sabéis cómo hacerlo funcionar?
Un saludo!
Drums escribió:Gracias por la info! Cuántas buenas noticias de la scene de repente. Por cierto sabéis cómo hacerlo funcionar?
Un saludo!

De verdad que si, vaya día hoy para la Scene!
Solo funciona con el Gateway utilizándolo como si de un backup se tratara. [oki]

Salu2!
egarrote escribió:
Drums escribió:Gracias por la info! Cuántas buenas noticias de la scene de repente. Por cierto sabéis cómo hacerlo funcionar?
Un saludo!

De verdad que si, vaya día hoy para la Scene!
Solo funciona con el Gateway utilizándolo como si de un backup se tratara. [oki]

Salu2!

Mil gracias
Pregunta
el emu cuando lo ejecuto no funciona el boton home como lo cierro
dos donde van los games en la micro del GW o en la sd de l nintendo

respuesta es en la sd 4gb del nitendo muy basico mucho le falta
no tiene sonido
no es pantalla completa pero es mejor que el que nds que tengo el cartucho azul del gate way
mie2soft escribió:Pregunta

En la SD de nintendo. Pero vamos, que va a petardos. Porque he intentado probar el Illusion of Gaia y se queda en negro. Y tambien el terranigma e igual jaja Asi que mejor esperar algo mas estable =D
Desde mi punto de vista, no seria mejor cojer el SRC del emulador SNES de la DS, portarlo y actualizarlo que empezar uno de cero, la verdad se ahorrarian mucho tiempo, y tendria mas compatibilidad desde un principio.
Tengo ganas de que se despierte de una vez la scene y podamos jugar a emuladores, que por problemas de capacidad tecnica de la nintendo ds, no podia.
mie2soft escribió:Pregunta

respuesta es en la sd 4gb del nitendo muy basico mucho le falta
no tiene sonido
no es pantalla completa pero es mejor que el que nds que tengo el cartucho azul del gate way

Si, para volver a cargar otro juego hay que sacar el Gateway Rojo lo que hace reiniciar la consola y luego volver a cargar el emu de forma normal:

Here's what I have to do:

Make sure there is a snes/rom.smc in the BigSD, start app, load rom.
If no rom is present in the BigSD:/snes/ folder, the app will lock-up your 3DS.
To exit, eject the GW3DS, as trying to return to the main menu will not work.
When you eject the card, the console will reboot. Just reinsert the GW3DS and reboot GW-mode to resume normal operation.

As I mentioned in my post earlier, this build is very buggy. You really should wait for the official release.

Fuente

Después de todo es un lanzamiento no oficial y esta repleto de bugs, StapleButter tiene pensado lanzarlo a la vez que SSSpwn y seguramente este algo mas pulido. [oki]

Salu2!
Soy muy ignorante al respecto de la scene. Se podría jugar sin cartuchos raros? meterlo en la sd de dentro?
karatfur escribió:Soy muy ignorante al respecto de la scene. Se podría jugar sin cartuchos raros? meterlo en la sd de dentro?

Se necesita el gateway.
Lanzada la version 1.0 oficial:

What the title says. If you have seen lolSnes, you know what to expect. This project even reuses a lot of lolSnes's code.

Like everything else regarding 3DS homebrew, this is in early stages and full of issues.

Screenshots

http://i.imgur.com/HiuciI6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gVpD7KL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VuwpS9I.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/e2id5sX.jpg

(eventually a built-in screenshot function will come so we don't get shitty phone pictures :P )

Downloads

Version 1.0: http://kuribo64.net/get.php?id=72nkdEkneiIQqlAW

Source: https://github.com/StapleButter/blargSnes

This isn't the cleanest code ever, but it can serve as a handy reference for 3DS homebrew development (or SNES emulation, although I wouldn't recommend it :P ).

What's in the zip

* blargSnes.3ds -- 3DS ROM. Useful for Gateway.
* blargSnes.elf -- ELF file. May be useful for alternate homebrew loaders.

How to use

You need a way to run ARM11 userland homebrew on your 3DS. At the time of writing this, the simplest way is to use a Gateway.

If using a Gateway, copy blargSnes.3ds to the Gateway's MicroSD. Otherwise, follow the instructions specific to your homebrew loader.

You're on your own for getting SNES ROMs.

On the 3DS's SD card (not the Gateway MicroSD), create a folder named 'snes' and put your SNES ROMs in there.
In the same folder, you can also place savegames. They must have the same name as their corresponding ROM, and have a .srm extension.
With that done, start blargSnes, and you see a ROM selection menu. Select your ROM and press A (or B). See what happens.

You can pause gameplay by tapping the touchscreen. When paused, resume by pressing A or B.

DO NOT RETURN TO THE HOME MENU WITHOUT HAVING PAUSED FIRST.

Also avoid playing with the 3D slider or closing/reopening your 3DS while blargSnes is running.

Supported features

* PPU modes 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7
* DMA (with faster paths for VRAM/CGRAM/OAM), HDMA
* SPC700
* SRAM with auto-saving
* Joypad for player 1 (circle pad also works)

Future features

* Sound, we hope. The issue is to get the 3DS to play sound.
* Expansion chips. Star Fox in 3D, anyone?
* Perhaps hardware-accelerated renderer

Known issues

* potential loss of images when closing/reopening the 3DS or pressing the Home button and returning to blargSnes. If quitting and restarting blargSnes doesn't fix it, you'll need to restart your 3DS.
* lack of VSync. This means tearing in images and that games may run too fast.

Credits

* 3dbrew and all the people who made 3DS homebrew possible
* anyone who helped make lolSnes work
* Bond697 and Normmatt for how to use the 3DS syscore
* if you feel I forgot your name here, let me know

Enjoy :)

Descarga

Fuente
Poco a poco se va avanzando. Ahora solo falta que salga el de gba y perfecto.
eR_pOty está baneado por "GAME OVER"
alguien ha probado ya la 1.0?
Probados Killer instint y DK country 2, ambos funcionan a una velocidad lenta, pero para ser la primera versión e ir puliendo está bastante bien. El único problema es que no consigo volver a "Home" sin apagar la consola antes. En el "readme" indica "DO NOT RETURN TO THE HOME MENU WITHOUT HAVING PAUSED FIRST", por lo que entiendo que he de pausar antes de volver a Home, pero ni por esas. Aun así la cosa va avanzando y eso siempre es bueno.
Lanzada versión 1.1

http://gbatemp.net/threads/blargsnes-sn ... ip.369900/

Descarga
http://kuribo64.net/get.php?id=ccoTzGtwgVkh42b4

Changelog

Version 1.1:
* No more garbled/blank screens or freezes when pressing Home or closing/reopening the 3DS or playing with the 3D slider
* Ability to run a new game without restarting blargSnes
* Screenshot function
* Support for external borders
* Support for backgrounds with 16x16 tiles. Super Bomberman games are finally playable.
* Brightness, color math (blending) and windows added. Many games look nicer this way.
* Several PPU speedups
* Speedhacking disabled (it was error-prone, not that efficient, and broke HDMA)
* Replaced forced 1/2 frameskip with automatic frameskipper (isn't perfect, though)
* More stable display (although tearing still occurs when frameskipping), VSync
* More things I forgot about. Surprise!

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Muy buena noticia. Habrá que probarlo [beer]
entonces aun sigue sin funcionar el sonido no?
a ver si se implementa algo tan necesario...

un saludo
Espero que este emulador se siga actualizando junto con el 3dnes
Alguien se ha lanzado a pasarlo a .cia para poder usarlo con los CFW?

Es viable o estoy preguntando basrbaridades? [360º]
Que guapo! Ponerlo como .cia, no? A ver si me animo y lo hago yo también.
rafacc96 escribió:
albpara escribió:Alguien se ha lanzado a pasarlo a .cia para poder usarlo con los CFW?

es viable, yo he convertido todo el homebrew que tenia en cia y funciona perfecto, ahi se ve los homebrew que tengo instalado.
Imagen
Imagen

Me han dicho que usas pocos homebrew XD
Me haces un favorcete?, me dices que es cada uno de los iconitos? XD
Conozco el PlayCoin, el emu de NES y SNES, el FTPony, devmen y SaveDataFiler. los demas no se de que son XD
CrusardGameamos escribió:Me han dicho que usas pocos homebrew XD
Me haces un favorcete?, me dices que es cada uno de los iconitos? XD
Conozco el PlayCoin, el emu de NES y SNES, el FTPony, devmen y SaveDataFiler. los demas no se de que son XD

Los iconos son play coin,3dnes,blargsnes,gameyob,emulador de chip-8,shoot ya friend, snake3ds,yeti 3ds,particle-st y particle-mt,ftpony,dev menu, bbbmenu,save filer y 3 de consola virtual aqui estan casi todos los homebrew publicados
rafacc96 escribió:
albpara escribió:Alguien se ha lanzado a pasarlo a .cia para poder usarlo con los CFW?

es viable, yo he convertido todo el homebrew que tenia en cia y funciona perfecto, ahi se ve los homebrew que tengo instalado.

Rafacc96 no serias tan amable de compartir tus archivos? [oki]
Deberían portar el SNES9X como hicieron en Wii, que tiraba de lujo...
Se puede usar en pantalla completa?
Lanzada la versión 1.2

Novedades:

Version 1.2:
* Brand new hardware-accelerated renderer
* Scaling support
* Exit button (mainly for use with the Homebrew Launcher)
* Emulation fixes (namely, huge 'next EXP' in Earthbound is fixed)
* Support for the 256x239 mode
* Proper PAL support (actually uses PAL timings)
* Tries to prevent GPU freezes
* Synchronous SPC700 (fixes issues but also causes a little slowdown)
* As usual, more crap I forgot about. Hah.
fransanto escribió:Lanzada la versión 1.2

Novedades:

Version 1.2:
* Brand new hardware-accelerated renderer
* Scaling support
* Exit button (mainly for use with the Homebrew Launcher)
* Emulation fixes (namely, huge 'next EXP' in Earthbound is fixed)
* Support for the 256x239 mode
* Proper PAL support (actually uses PAL timings)
* Tries to prevent GPU freezes
* Synchronous SPC700 (fixes issues but also causes a little slowdown)
* As usual, more crap I forgot about. Hah.

La ultima version no era la 1.2.3? o me estoy confundiendo con el de NES?
:-? :-? :-? como activo el sonido no se escuha nada [triston]
uso el archivo .3ds
salu2 [bye] [bye]
Stranyet escribió::-? :-? :-? como activo el sonido no se escuha nada [triston]
uso el archivo .3ds
salu2 [bye] [bye]

En versión .3DS y en las nuevas New Nintendo 3DS no funciona el sonido, es la limitación que comentaba Smea en el FAQ del Ninjhax:
wiki/Instalar_Ninjhax#FAQ_Oficial
Se espera que puedan corregirlo en un futuro...

Salu2!
He probado con Super Mario World... funciona, pantalla completa sonido, pero se entrecorta un pelin... falta pulir un poco pero genial.... si ya le añaden 3d por capas ;)
jevilon escribió:He probado con Super Mario World... funciona, pantalla completa sonido, pero se entrecorta un pelin... falta pulir un poco pero genial.... si ya le añaden 3d por capas ;)

Como lo pones en pantalla completa?
Aznare3tho escribió:
jevilon escribió:He probado con Super Mario World... funciona, pantalla completa sonido, pero se entrecorta un pelin... falta pulir un poco pero genial.... si ya le añaden 3d por capas ;)

Antes de cargar la rom, hay un icono de una llave inglesa, le das y te sale para aceleracion por hardware y el reescalado...

Si has cargado la rom, tocas la tactil, start y sale el mismo menu, sales y ya
jevilon escribió:
Aznare3tho escribió:

Antes de cargar la rom, hay un icono de una llave inglesa, le das y te sale para aceleracion por hardware y el reescalado...

Si has cargado la rom, tocas la tactil, start y sale el mismo menu, sales y ya

Ya lo intente y no me deja tengo la v 1.19 intentare actualizar para ver si me funciona , gracias
el emu va de maravilla con .cia
Ahora se puedo guardad en cual quier parte
Solo se puedo guardas normal en el juego
¿Alguien sabe si hay una lista de Compatibilidad?
Aznare3tho escribió:Ya lo intente y no me deja tengo la v 1.19 intentare actualizar para ver si me funciona , gracias

Bajate la 1.2 desde aqui:
http://blargsnes.kuribo64.net/download/ ... es_1.2.zip
jevilon escribió:
Aznare3tho escribió:Ya lo intente y no me deja tengo la v 1.19 intentare actualizar para ver si me funciona , gracias

Bajate la 1.2 desde aqui:
http://blargsnes.kuribo64.net/download/ ... es_1.2.zip

Gracias ya lo actualice va de maravilla
Va mejor que el emulador que usa la DSTWO?
Versión 1.3:

So....
Graphics improvements
DiscostewSM has been helping add new features to the hardware renderer. Hires modes and offset-per-tile are now supported, and some of the glitches that have been observed before have been fixed, too.
The changes were not backported to the software renderer. I'm not even sure if that renderer will be maintained once hardware supports midframe palette changes. Software is accurate but is unable to reach true 60fps on the 3DS, no matter how optimized it is.
All rendering in blargSNES was also modified to take advantage of the PICA geometry shaders. This divides memory usage for vertices by 3, and also provides a little speedup.
Audio improvements
Yeah, improvements in the audio department too. We're still stuck using CSND sadly, but DiscostewSM excelled where I failed. Audio quality is near perfect now. Oh and it also supports things like noise, echo, pitch modulation...
Sound output is also done in proper stereo now, the left and right channels are no longer mixed together on both speakers.
Emulation improvements
The main emulation loop has been rewritten, allowing for more accuracy, saner code, and potential speedups. IRQ/NMI behavior has been revised and is much closer to that of the real SNES.
The only downside to this is that SPC700 timing is still not correct. It's better, but not quite there yet. Some games were fixed, others were broken.
Interface improvements
DiscostewSM modified the ROM selector so that it's also able to browse through folders. When starting a ROM, it saves the folder the ROM was in, too.
Plans for the future
Working hard on the fragment lighting system. I have an idea involving it to emulate color palettes. It would be helpful in emulating midframe palette changes, too.

Changelog

Version 1.3:
* Hardware renderer: offset-per-tile, hi-res modes, and more fixes by DiscostewSM
* Much better sound quality, support for noise, echo and pitch modulation (thanks DiscostewSM again)
* Better open-bus emulation, and ability to execute code in open-bus regions (fixes Home Alone)

Descarga 3DSX, 3DS y CIA

Fuente

Salu2!
egarrote escribió:Versión 1.3:

So....
Graphics improvements
Audio improvements
Emulation improvements
Interface improvements
Plans for the future

Changelog

Version 1.3:

Descarga 3DSX, 3DS y CIA

Fuente

Salu2!

Sabes algo de la ultma version del FTPony en formato cia?
CrusardGameamos escribió:Sabes algo de la ultma version del FTPony en formato cia?

El ftPONY actualmente no esta en desarrollo, el CIA lo puedes encontrar aquí:
Descarga CIA 3DS y 3DSX

Salu2!
Funciona muchísimo mejor que el emulador de dstwo. Por cierto con esta versión ya funcionan muchos mas juegos, como x ejemplo Chrono Trigger. =)
egarrote escribió:Versión 1.3:

So....
Graphics improvements
Audio improvements
Emulation improvements
Interface improvements
Plans for the future

Changelog

Version 1.3:

Descarga 3DSX, 3DS y CIA

Fuente

Salu2!

que tal esta nueva versión?
los que han probado han visto algún avance significativo?
Salu2![/quote]
que tal esta nueva versión?
los que han probado han visto algún avance significativo?[/quote]

Se nota muchísimo la mejora. En audio,en compatibilidad y en mejora gráfica
¿Sigue sin audio en .3ds?

Saludos.
213 respuestas
1, 2, 3, 4, 5