[The other side] English

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 619
masterpok escribió:Well, let's see if I can help you.

1/ Well, I think the good answer would be A. Great can't be used after "very", because it is a superlative.

2/ The answer is B, meal, that can be translated as "comida". Dish can be translated as "plato" so you will see it does not make sense to use it there.

3/ I think you are right, it's B.

I have a little question, KET is the test prior to PET? If it's like that, does it have any sort of value or do you take it only to test your knowledge?

PS: I'm sorry, I haven't written in english lately ^^U

Reading my post now, I think I confused the answers because they aren´t the ones that I were thinking to be correct. I did the exam this morning, and yes, it´s the one prior the PET. The exam was very easy, but my level is a bit superior than the exam level, and some weeks ago they raise me to a superior class, with people two years older.

Sorry for the errors.
afraid escribió:Well, If this thread is to write in english, and the thread that I was going to write is related to it, I'll write it here, and in english.

Today, at 18:00 I should go to english classes. These classes are in my work, because the company wants the people get a better level of english.

So, Where is the problem?

If I were working, then I would go yes or yes, because it's working time. But I'm in my holidays days.
The problem is not that I don't want to go. Because I know that it's good for me, I must improve my english skills.

The problem has a name: Sara.

I feel that I'm falling in love with her. I have something in my stomach and I spend all my time thinking in her. There aren't 10 minutes without thinking in her.

And... Where is the problem? To fall in love is marvelous...

Not, not to me... I hate to fall in love, I hate the sensations that I have when I'm in love, I hate it because I know that I will never be near her, running my fingers through her hair, kissing her sweet lips...

She doesn't have a boyfriend, but our lives are too diferent, she is rich, and i'm not. She has a lot of friends, and I don't... She has a live, I don't...

When we started the english course, she was just come to our work, and I didn't know her, I thought that she was a spoiled and capricious woman, but the classes in this two months near her demonstrated just the opposite.
She is funny, she is polite, very good woman...

I feel very well with her, we are 10 people in the class and it's a very funny class, but I can only see her...

In this moment I feel so frustrated, because I don't want to see her and at the same time I'm dying for seeing her...

I don't know what to do, there are just 4 more classes and at the same time that my brain tells me not to go, my hart orders me to go...

I'm suffering a lot. [triston] [triston] [triston]

STING IT!
hello it´s my english post. I like masturbate and i like the gaseosa.
So wha da hell is this? oh no wha da hell oh my god ohh noooo.

Imagen
@ntuan escribió:Imagen

What a crazy people [qmparto]
This thread is fantastic for me to improve my english because im planing to go to london for two months this summer. I´ve been there three times but its the first time im going alone!!!

My aunt live in birmingham and i usually go there in the summer but this year I really need a challenge!!

Anyone want to come with me??? Any suggestions??
Hey buddies,

it's great to see an English thread so we can all practice our English. Mine is a bit rusty but I'll try my best! ;-)

I hope we can all learn and share our knowledge.

Take care guys!
how about talking about today's topic THE LEAGE?

who u think that will win next week? i bet that madrid wins (or would win i dunno if im correct in this statement , lol someone tell me)

place your bids.

or if u dont wanna talk of this topic u could offer a topic so we can talk now, im excited today [qmparto]
Real Madrid will win spanish league! [chulito]

By the way of english: A good way to learn english is listening mp3 of "Pimsleur". You can search for this name in the internet (i guess all you know where to find it) XD

Pimsleur is very useful for improve spoken english.
I'm really bored, I'm writing an article for a conference (in English) and it's really difficult to put everything on paper. I have to send a draft to my supervisor today and I only have a couple of hours before the Formula 1 race starts, aaaggghhh what a "pussyazo" :P

The league is not a good topic, you have many threads on that and if we start with the discussion here it won't end well... as usual with football :P

Someone proposed correcting the previous post, I'll make some corrections on Peter Anderson's post:
"Barça will win the Spanish league"
"listening to"
"very usefuel for improving" (I think it's also possible "to improve")

And "By the way of English" sounds bad to me but I don't know what's the meaning in Spanish.
I like this post, when i will have got time, i will post some life´s experiences with my poor english. :p
CO2wizzard escribió:I like this post, when i will have got time, i will post some life´s experiences with my poor english. :p

You can hate me if you want XD

"I like this post. When I have the time I will post some life experiences with my poor English :P"

:)
Anyone who want to help me with a few of sentences..

Put the following sentences into the passive voice

Somebody accused tom of stealing the money.

Yo he puesto.

Tom was accused of stealing the money (by someone).

-Somebody will tell the passengers what time the train leaves.

Yo puse.

-the passengers will be told what time the train leave (by someone)

I dont know if it's corrects.. im going to have an exam of english tomorrow. :) thanks u :).
Mafioso13 escribió:-the passengers will be told at what time the train leaves (by someone)
So, i was browsing at this forums and i saw this thread,i found it very interesting, you may see me posting here.
One advice for the guy that said that he'll go to London this summer :

" It is the worst place to learn or improve English, try different parts from little England, my own London experience it's very bad".
Hello! My name is Neo. I´m an english basic student but my english is not very good...I will read and write in this post every day to perfect my bad english...[idea]
Bye
chant escribió: -the passengers will be told at what time the train leaves

The passengers will be told the time the train leaves.
Wel, I think this is my first post here. I will try to post this summer if I have time.

It's a great way of improving English as a second language. Thus, I point th thread with 5 stars [oki]

Oh, and remembers kids, English uses short sentences, so don't try to speak like Spanish, with long sentences going nowhere. Utterances must be as clear as possible. [bye]
Can anyone explain me what is the diferencie in 2º conditional y 3º conditional? in spanish if it possible thanks!
morr escribió:One advice for the guy that said that he'll go to London this summer :

" It is the worst place to learn or improve English, try different parts from little England, my own London experience it's very bad".

You couldn't be more right. The best place to learn english, as I see it, are the States, and stay with a nice american family, where you will get to talk and hear english 24/7.

Good Luck...See you^^
up!!

In less than 1 month i'll go to Maastricht for a year, so, I nead to remember my English.

Anyway, do someone know some webpage like EOL in English?. Without trolls please :D. Ahh! And if it`s possible that i can speak about illegal computers things without problem.

see you!
[]_MoU_[] escribió:up!!

In less than 1 month i'll go to Maastricht for a year, so, I nead to remember my English.

Anyway, do someone know some webpage like EOL in English?. Without trolls please :D. Ahh! And if it`s possible that i can speak about illegal computers things without problem.

see you!

Hmm, I just can remember maxconsole.net or .com
AlvaroBF escribió:

Hmm, I just can remember maxconsole.net or .com

maxconsole.net i think....
Det_W.Somerset escribió:I'd use "make", instead of "done". Even more, I wouldn't use "properly" but "proper", however I can't assure that the way you wrote the sentence is wrong. But it does sound better with "proper".

Which by the way, reminds me of something. Does it happen to the rest of you guys that you don't know almost any of the rules in english grammar (which incidentally, are *a lot*), yet you somehow manage to write quite correctly? It happens to me, both in english and in spanish I always found it funny.

Reading is the key, I suppose.

The thing is that the main problem of english is not the grammar itself or its rules, rather the spelling, something for which even native speakers (specially native speakers, I'd say) struggle sometimes, even at the time of spelling a very common word (sometimes my girlfriend asks me to check her spelling!).

Since I started univeristy I feel my spelling has improved quite a lot, mainly because they mark me down for bad spelling/grammar in assignments, but I don't think that mistakes are so terrible until and unless they hinder the message that a person is trying to get across with language, I think it only becomes a problem if the spelling and grammar distorts any message the person is trying to convey (on here).
Most of the time here, people attack language and grammar and slag others off when they're annoyed, or if the person doing the crap spelling is a particularly annoying fool (hoye, dnd pdo vajar roms y eso?).
I saw the other day an exam question for school here in which you had to choose between their, there and they're to complete a sentence. It's quite funny because for readers is totally obvious, but for kids learning the language must be totally different, since like in spanish, you first learn how to speak and the grammar afterwards.

And yes, my girlfriend asks me that kind of stuff as well sometimes. Reading helps a lot, catching new meanings or words you didn't know or never used. I always try to add them into my vocabulary. And I always tell my girlfriend and friends here to correct me. 4 years already and still improving...
This thread is a great idea!! I need to "think in english" because I'm doing job interview and sometimes, I need to speak english.
"Thinking in English" maybe is the most important thing while you are speaking it.

PD: Feel free doing advices about my english.. it would be important to improve it :)
jorcoval escribió:This thread is a great idea!! I need to "think in english" because I'm doing job interview and sometimes, I need to speak english.

Yes, this thread only need "to be used". Perhaps it would be more popular if we spoke about some concrete subject. Because sometimes we don't know what can we talk about here.
Unless we talk about interesting and serious topics, this will be completely useless. The skills should be improved by practising, so we need to write long and complicated texts, ok? Saying 'helo, my name is ***** and I like ****' is not a good way to learn.
My name is jose, and i charroman or salmantino.

pd:what the fuck is this thread.
Who made this awesome "reflote"?
It's a topic from 28-11-2005 14:58 [poraki]
Some guy from this sub-forum, someone opened a thread just for english speakers, and was sent here.
I'm glad about it, i didn't now this kinda thread existed!

C ya
It's so freaky.

I've been practising english lately, reading all Harry Potter books in english. The seventh book is out in only a week!

Hagrid, die!! You analphabet oaf! XD
Tecnolovad. escribió:Snicf, have you been in Germany before? I've always wanted to visit that country! I hope you have a lot of fun smile_;)

Nop, i have never been in Germany... I've always wanted to visit germany too, thanks :) i hope the same XD
Wow, the other thread lasted little, i don't speak english well but i would like to do it.

In the future i'll need a better english level, if i have any failure(?) please, correct me without doubt.

And sorry because of your pain eyes xD (esto dudo mucho que este bien xD)
Snicf escribió:

QUOTE FAIL! XD

PS- Before you edited, of course.

Fdo- An0n1m0
lol, strange method to learn english but I like it! five stars! [oki]
eL_GekO escribió:And sorry because of your pain eyes xD (esto dudo mucho que este bien xD)

It isn't [qmparto] "Pain" is not a verb, it's a noun. "Because" is wrong, you should've used "If", as in spanish. And.. well. It should be "And sorry if your eyes hurt"

You got the vocabulary, you only need practice [bye]
OMG!!

The mine was more new and interesting xDDDD

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
An0n1m0 escribió:
QUOTE FAIL! XD

PS- Before you edited, of course.

Fdo- An0n1m0

xDDD... i dont know how i quote it xDDD

I believe that anybody se había dao cuenta xD
Peklet escribió:
It isn't [qmparto] "Pain" is not a verb, it's a noun. "Because" is wrong, you should've used "If", as in spanish. And.. well. It should be "And sorry if your eyes hurt"

You got vocabulary, you only need practice [bye]

Thanks a lot! Yes i have a lot of vocabulary thanks to the videogames and the original version series(?) and movies that i usually see.

I need to practise a lot, i'll practise reading any book in english, and with this thread of course xD
Snicf escribió:se había dao cuenta xD

Darse cuenta = Realiz(s)e.

Fdo- An0n1m0
I think this thread will be very helpful!

Lately, I've had to write a lof of essays; therefore, I will appreciate your help if I get stucked XD.

One of the problems that I faced while learning English is my personality... I've always been a shy person, so I'm not the kind of guy that goes and talks to somebody just to get used to the English language. :(

Anyway, I've always tried to improve by reading, listening to the radio, and paying attention to what my teachers say in class.

Thanks to the creator of this thread and all those folks that help peolpe like me ;)
TecnoloVad escribió:I think this thread will be very helpful!

Lately, I've had to write a lof of essays; therefore, I will appreciate your help if I get stucked XD.

One of the problems that I faced while learning English is my personality... I've always been a shy person, so I'm not the kind of guy that goes and talks to somebody just to get used to the English language. :(

Anyway, I've always tried to improve by reading, listening to the radio, and paying attention to what my teachers say in class.

Thanks to the creator of this thread and all those folks that help peolpe like me ;)

My english's teacher has a succesfully method for delete the shy of people when is speaking english

Her methods consist in put on a person a wig and speak a text in english in public

P.S: Thanks An0n1mo

Greetings :D
from the closed post escribió:
PDs also in English xD

"PD" is no english, it's PS (Post Script or Post Scriptum) :Ð

It's a great idea but let's not quote and correct every mistake people make. They'll just end up tired of this thread.

cesaruko, post that exam, we'll do it for you. It'll be a good practice for us [chulito]

In fact, I think we use that PD in a wrong way, because PD means Post Data (Data from date, not Data like in Computers), meaning something else happens after you write.

PS should be the correct option if you want to add something you forgot to say. Maybe only when you append an "edit" should you use PD instead of PS.

Anyway, I might be wrong... There's any Language student around here?

I'm taking an Erasmus for next year too, I've chosen Lyon as my first option, so maybe I should practise French instead of English, but I'm also taking a 5-days intesive course at 'Menéndez-Pelayo' this summer with a academic grant, so I mustn't forget English either.

Have you seen the fire at Camden, London? I went there last summer. Actually, my school was very close to the fire focus :(

PS: Please correct me if you've found anything wrong in my writing skills.
My english teacher was the freakest man on earth, though the wisest and more efficient than any other teacher I have had. He used to bring us down to The Dungeons of my school (some small rooms in the lowest floor), and hit us with Clotilde (no kidding LOL) when we made mistakes.

There we were taught about the "British Cabezón" (simple grammar), the "Doors of Glory" (kinds of complex phrases), and so on. He used to explain boring grammar using funny names like those.

Moreover, I loved the way he treated me when I was his student. He knew I have always been the best in my class, and he taught to me lots of things beyond the average bachelor student level.

norhild escribió:In fact, I think we use that PD in a wrong way, because PD means Post Data (Data from date, not Data like in Computers), meaning something else happens after you write.

Yes, "Data" comes from "Datum" in Latin, "Date" in english. It means indeed that something happened after the text was written. But in english there's no Postdata, they use Post Scriptum, which isn't the same nevertheless. Post Scriptum stands for additional information added to a finished text, to define some concept or to give some alternative explanation to it.
How can I say:

"Profesor de la facultad de Veterinaria"

"Titulado en Veterinaria"

"Fabrica de jamones"

in English?

Thanks.

Fdo- An0n1m0
An0n1m0 escribió:How can I say:

"Fabrica de jamones"

Fdo- An0n1m0

Ham Factory? (lol)

I didn't know this thread, I think I'll wander around often to practise my english skills.

Like some people said before me, I can understand everything I read but I use to doubt when it comes to writing a sentence. (and my spoken english is just terrible)
949 respuestas
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 619