[The other side] English

1, 2, 3, 4, 519
I'm an english basic student, and I've been thinking is a good idea to open this link for people that also want to learn english.

If you want, we can write in english. No matter if we make mistakes, we are all learning...we can talk about what you want...any expirience, about your holidays, the country where you live, any technological issue...

OK...to open, I'd like to talk about what the people thinks about Spain and why:

This summer I was working for two months in Germany. There I saw a TV shot showing a torero-man for refering to Spain. Do you think that in Spain we only sell 'toros' and 'sevillanas' to the rest of the world?

Ok, this is a first issue...if you want we can change to talk about another cuestion... I will be wondered if this link goes more and more.

See you.
Hello, my name is Otiss. Im a boy [looco]
Really I think this is a good idea. I try to improve my english reading pages from Uk or Usa, listening music and reading the lyrics, but the best metod to learn a different language is to use it. If people want, i will come here to talk with you in english.

What think the people about spain? What we offer them?. A lot of "guiris" come here to "fiesta, toros, sol y alcohol". This is the paraise, they can´t do it in their countrys, and this is the image they carry to their countrys. I think.
It would be a great idea if someone said something when something was wrong

I've seen a lot of mistakes, but I won't say anything 'cause I'm a fucking dog XD
DANNY escribió:It would be a great idea if someone said something when something was wrong

I've seen a lot of mistakes, but I won't say anything 'cause I'm a fucking dog XD

My Mstks re cos i wrte sms style !!!! X-D
good idea!!!
But you must remember the "siesta", I was living on bath (uk) two years ago and all the people I met , told me these words..
"ole", "siesta", "torero" and a lot of football players..

[bye]
DANNY escribió:It would be a great idea if someone said something when something was wrong

I haven't seen any mistakes, please could you say where are they?

I don't know why foreign people refer spain with "toros" and "sevillanas"!!! it's..it's amazing![flipa]
this post is the greatest idea i've never seen in any forum :Ð

But i'm wondering if i could talk about other issues more interesting [babas] . YES, i wish i could talk about hard sex if only it's wasn't strictly forbbiden [+risas]

see ya [bye]
oskuro está baneado por "Utilizar clones para soltar spoilers salvajes en el hilo del horizon: Zero Dawn"
Panex escribió:Really I think this is a good idea. I try to improve my english reading pages from Uk or Usa, listening music and reading the lyrics, but the best metod to learn a different language is to use it. If people want, i will come here to talk with you in english.

What think the people about spain? What we offer them?. A lot of "guiris" come here to "fiesta, toros, sol y alcohol". This is the paraise, they can´t do it in their countrys, and this is the image they carry to their countrys. I think.

Words you should improve to write "better" ;)

Method, not metod
just "people", instead of "the people", sounds better :)
what do we offer them??instead of what we offer them, better.
Paradise, instead of paraise.
Countries, instead of countrys.

A program i would recommend u, is this one:

http://www.paltalk.com/

It´s very easy. There are many rooms there, i am a member of one room, where u just enter, RAISE your hand, and when it´s your turn to speak, u just take microphone, and read the paragraph they are reading, or whatever they are doing in that moment.

You can learn a lot, just listening, but it´s better to participate reading, so admins of room, can help you with your pronuntiation, and help you to improve your english.

If u install the program, just tell me, and i´ll tell you the room i am speaking of.

Cya later!! [666]
^RöKöKÿ^ escribió:I haven't seen any mistakes, please could you say where are they?

Well, I'll try and summarize a few of them:

about what the people

When you're referring to general concepts you mustn't write the article: this is easier to understand than to explain: you would say that having a shower is better than having a bath, because WATER IS A SCARCE GOOD and must be preserved; but you'd say that you don't want to shower because the heater doesn't work and THE WATER IS COLD. Do you get the difference?

Really I think, listening music, talk with you, What think the people about spain?, What we offer them?

You should say "I really think", "listening to music", "talk to you" and "what do people think about Spain? What do we offer them?". You write quite well, but you need to improve the way you build interrogative sentences.

if someone said something

I guess that's correct, but it would be more stylish if you said "if someone would say something", because you're demanding someone to do something in the future. That should be the most suitable form to express that demand.

could you say where are they

Indirect interrogative: you want to know where the mistakes are, so you'd say: "could you say where they are"?

If you wanted to do a direct interrogative, the sentence order you used would be correct: "where are they"? But not with indirect ones.

I don't find the topic you raised too compelling :P but I'll keep an eye and warn you about mistakes if you want me to. Also, my English is far from perfect too, so I'd be grateful if you would correct my (many) mistakes.

See ya! [bye]
^RöKöKÿ^ escribió:I haven't seen any mistakes, please could you say where are they?

Some things have been translated from spanish and are not ok in english. But I won't say what mistakes I've seen because I don't speak very good and I'm a dog XD
He visto el título y he estado a esto "." de desenfundar el baneo por spam XD
Alejo I escribió:He visto el título y he estado a esto "." de desenfundar el baneo por spam XD

In English, please, we don't understand a word:P
sometimes i see repeated threads Oooh

remember, advanced search is your friend :p
Enanon escribió:remember, advanced search is your friend :p

Advance search is my unique friend. :-p

thanks Oskuro. I´ll use your advices. Please, go to the ludopats thread and make me rich with the nba matches of this night. :-p
oskuro está baneado por "Utilizar clones para soltar spoilers salvajes en el hilo del horizon: Zero Dawn"
Panex escribió:

Advance search is my unique friend. :-p

thanks Oskuro. I´ll use your advices. Please, go to the ludopats thread and make me rich with the nba matches of this night. :-p

Not this night, but tonight, remember [sati]

Ok, i will go there later, maybe tonight i bet too, on nba.

Cya!!
what do you tink about going abroad???
Enanon escribió:sometimes i see repeated threads

Please, tell me, has you seen a thread like this one?
Well, If this thread is to write in english, and the thread that I was going to write is related to it, I'll write it here, and in english.

Today, at 18:00 I should go to english classes. These classes are in my work, because the company wants the people get a better level of english.

So, Where is the problem?

If I were working, then I would go yes or yes, because it's working time. But I'm in my holidays days.
The problem is not that I don't want to go. Because I know that it's good for me, I must improve my english skills.

The problem has a name: Sara.

I feel that I'm falling in love with her. I have something in my stomach and I spend all my time thinking in her. There aren't 10 minutes without thinking in her.

And... Where is the problem? To fall in love is marvelous...

Not, not to me... I hate to fall in love, I hate the sensations that I have when I'm in love, I hate it because I know that I will never be near her, running my fingers through her hair, kissing her sweet lips...

She doesn't have a boyfriend, but our lives are too diferent, she is rich, and i'm not. She has a lot of friends, and I don't... She has a live, I don't...

When we started the english course, she was just come to our work, and I didn't know her, I thought that she was a spoiled and capricious woman, but the classes in this two months near her demonstrated just the opposite.
She is funny, she is polite, very good woman...

I feel very well with her, we are 10 people in the class and it's a very funny class, but I can only see her...

In this moment I feel so frustrated, because I don't want to see her and at the same time I'm dying for seeing her...

I don't know what to do, there are just 4 more classes and at the same time that my brain tells me not to go, my hart orders me to go...

I'm suffering a lot. [triston] [triston] [triston]
Does she knows?...Maybe is the same with her...

Tell her to go to drink a beer after class, be sympathetic, let her your e-mail, phone number, ...I don`t know,...try to keep the link with her.
afraid, if i were you, i´ll try to get a coffe with her... and then another and another... xDD

otherwise... the cuestion of going abroad... well, i want to go to Erasmus next year in the university... is someone in Erasmus this year, can he/she tell his experiences????

P.D: no matter about my mistakes, they are usually in me xDDD
Alejo I escribió:He visto el título y he estado a esto "." de desenfundar el baneo por spam XD

Arg... fucking spammer

In what kind of middle-earth language are you talking men?
retroakira escribió:In what kind of middle-earth language are you talking men?

laughing out loud.

Good,my problem is simple,I undestand everything what do you say,but I´m not very well for expressing in english,any advice?

I have very problem for put the correct time verbal.

See you
CN_PS2 está baneado por "Spam"
MoU, you´re really eolaholic...
SrLOBO escribió:

Please, tell me, has you seen a thread like this one?

Oh yes. Here you are
OK, thanks and sorry. I really tried to find a thread with people talking in english. Now we have to ways to do it. Better for all of us, we can choose between two subjects to talk
Campanilla escribió:Oh yes. Here you are

Thanks my lady. [ok]
Heyllo.

First of all, i think this is a very good idea. Apart from practising our english by reading and writing, we can settle any doubt that we have about grammar, pronunciation...and stuff. WE AINT GONNA DO YOUR HOMEWORK. lol

Anyway, I speak to my "girlfriend" (kinda, lol) everyday on msn or on phone. I met her this summer in Birmingham where i stayed for 2 weeks, but actually she´s welsh. Well, we had our love thing lol but we didn´t wanted to finish it so she came here 1 month ago, and she stayed for 10 days so i really grew fond of her :S....therefore she will come back at xmas time!!!, yeah, i know, it´s madness, this time she will be here for 20 days ^^, but i don´t know what´s gonna happen afterwards.
Retroakira escribió:
Arg... fucking spammer

In what kind of middle-earth language are you talking men?

I think it's the language of the bullfighters... [borracho]

EDIT: Just a little mistake [tomaaa]
This summer i was working in Germany for two months, in Bremen...Has anybody get Bremen? what do you think?...

I didn't like it very much, was really bored. Ok, the center of the city is very nice, really, with the river, all is very clean...but nothing else.

Later I was working in Strassbourg (France). Very very nice. I recomend to all to go there for three or four days. Is really very nice:

It has two rivers (one of them is the big Rhin), and the city has grown around these rivers. You can take a walk by boat, and you'll se all the city: the 'Petit France', the center, the European Parlament...All is very nice.

The center of the city has a very big cathedral, and all the houses arount it are from one or two centuries ago...very nice.

Editing:

otherwise... the cuestion of going abroad... well, i want to go to Erasmus next year in the university... is someone in Erasmus this year, can he/she tell his experiences????

I was working in Strassbour, but there was a lot of spanish erasmus students there. We were meeting them, and they tell us good things about erasmus. They look very funny.
there is anybody who is going to buy X360???

I need your advice!! i don't know if it's better to buy a iPod, a PSP, a new PC or X360!!

what do you think is better??and why?!

see ya!
hi^^ i think is a good idea to improve our english^^ congratulations SrLobo!

I was in germany last summer, i think germany is wonderful ( not very lively...) but very nice people

I love germany[amor]
Hello, i am a 2º Bachillerato enghish student, today i had a english exam and i think that i will aprove with 6 or more because the exam was too easy...
(Me cuesta la ostia xD)
rammsteingirl escribió:hi^^ i think is a good idea to improve our english^^ congratulations SrLobo!

I was in germany last summer, i think germany is wonderful ( not very lively...) but very nice people

I love germany[amor]

good, I will go next summer to Ireland, I imagine 2 months, working, and speaking english everydays, the 24 hours of the day..This is the only way to can speak english w¡th other people...

Excuse me if I make a lot of mistakes, I am not a professional english writter

xD
misterluis escribió:
good, I will go next summer to Ireland, I imagine 2 months, working, and speaking english everydays, the 24 hours of the day..This is the only way to can speak english w¡th other people...

xD

I want to go to Uk or Ireland next summer too. somebody can help me? i don´t know nothing about work in Uk
rammsteingirl escribió:
I want to go to Uk or Ireland next summer too. somebody can help me? i don´t know nothing about work in Uk

Well, I've never been out of Spain, but I have a little idea about it: imagine the work in Spain, now just imagine what everyone say to english, imagine a worse weather (to me better, I like rain X-D ) and there you got it! [qmparto]
Now, see if someone give you a better idea of the work there X-D
Great post!
Me, if everythings is allrigth, I´ll go on summer to my aunt´s home in Texas. There they have a beautifull house probably three or four times mine. I hope there improve my english cause I didn´t practice it since I´m studing seriously....

Well, nothing more to report.

Bye bye mss Robinson uoh uoh...
Ramsteingirl , you can go to the embassy of Uk or Irleand in your city, there you can ask for some job to work, and may be they find you a job.

One friend went to Ireland two years ago without job, without nothing, only the money of his parents. In a day, he found 3 jobs to work. He said to me that there, to find a job is very easy, in hotels, restaurants..
Want to ear some reall english? listen here

JFK air trafic control [oki]
This thread seems like a good idea ;)
(even though is repeated [poraki], but the "original" was very old anyway)

I'm going to sleep now, but I'll come back XD
In the words of The Terminator... I'll be back!
Sus viá dar una clase de palabros y frases hechas de traducción directa.

Waterparties - Aguafiestas
Tirabuzones - Postlaunchers
'Cause if the flies... - Por si las moscas...
Where do you go with the wine stink? - Ande me vas con la peste a vino?
Your mother works in a corner - Tu madre es de la vida
You're uglier than to hit a father with a sweated sock - Eres más feo ke pegarle a un padre con un calcetín sudao
I want to see your rabbit - Enséñame el conejo
How nice watermelons! - Por esas sandías, me hacía yo frutero...!
You're more silly than The Great Cock - Eres más tonto ke Pichote
...and little James sais... - ...y eso ke suelta Jaimito...
Lick my parts - Chúpame las partes

S'acabó :P
i've also been in germany, in frankfurt, munich, baden-baden, worms (lol xD) and germersheim, and it's a lovely country. we rented a car, tried out those incredible highways with NO SPEED LIMIT, and drove around for 4 or 5 days, visiting also Straousburg. i want to visit berlin, really cool and underground [666]

rammsteingirl escribió:

let's see if I can help... you've got different options:

1.- find a job in the UK or Ireland through one of the many companies that recruit students and young people to work as waiters and other unqualified jobs. they charge some money but arrange your accommodation and even impart some lessons

2.- travel to a big city and look for a job there. it's more risky but all the money you earn will be for you. I've got a couple of friends that have gone to London a week ago, i'll try to e-mail them so that they tell me how hard it is to find something

3.- if you want to try something different, meet people and help with the conservation of british nature and heritage -while learning english, of course- you could consider the National Trust . it's an organization with volunteering programmes and you don't get paid, YOU pay -the money is for the lodging and the food, so it's more or less £65- to undertake the "Working holidays". it is a rewarding job, mostly building or reparing paths and steps in the woods, building fences os walls or clearing bracken and weeds

I've volunteered three times with the national trust already, and it is not only fun (you work but at your pace, talking with people and so on) but it is also incredible to work in some areas they own. if someone is interested please ask and i'll give more details [oki]
Khasius BCN escribió:You're more silly than The Great Cock - Eres más tonto ke Pichote
S'acabó :P

My cock is not silly but i have to agree in the "great" part [poraki]
I'd like to go Ireland next summer, but not for working, only for holidays...But I'm affraid Ireland is too expensive...

Does anybody knows how expensive can be?...I don't need a luxurius hotel, what I'd like is to rent a car there and visiting the beautifull places I've sometimes seen in films, photos, ...

What I'd like to do too, and I try to do always when I travel, is meet the people of the place...how they live, they food...I think irelands are very friendly people...

Somebody posted before is going to texas next summer...Can you explane us something about Texas...Does the people there, in general, support death condemnation?
CN_PS2 está baneado por "Spam"
It´s remember me a history of a person who goes to Mcdonalds in Ireland, and says: Give me a BigMac and a COCK

The dependet started to laugh.

Mou, are you agree?
ya hay uno. [toctoc]

if you wanna know were is it, i think you know what do you have to do, i guess. [+risas]
An English post... here... in EOL... is there anything that I haven't seen yet? XD Anyway, it's a very good idea to improve our english (well, I better say our tippical gamer english... easy... hard... pause... start... game over... etc XD). I bet that a lot of us have learnt a lot of english playing videogames (yes, at 90's, when a game translated to Spanish was very hard to be seen). I started to play games with my Megadrive, with aaaaall the menus in english. I remember that I bought an American videogame (aka NTSC game) when megadrive an genesis were compatibles yet. It was F22 interceptor, compleeeeetely in english: screen texts, manuals and the "voices"... well.. a kind of sounds that seemed to be voices.... ¬_¬. Anyway, with this game I learnt a lot of "army words" and phrases, like "flares", "take off", "silo", "weapon", "DIE ARABIAN BASTARD!"XD... etc.

well.. that's only an old story about me... but don't wanna to b e"el abuelo cebolleta" so I'll stop to talk about my childhood. Nowadays, I would like to travel to Uk our USA and talk english, because I've got my spoken english a llitle... errr... "atrofeishion"XD.

Anyway, a gooooood idea this post.

Greets
Lles veri well fandango, this is spam thel good.

I think that is a good idea because my english level is penoso because in the high school don't pasamos thel past perfect, fuck! I'm boring.

See you.
hellmasterx escribió:My cock is not silly but i have to agree in the "great" part [poraki]

Hoy nice vanity is [poraki]
949 respuestas
1, 2, 3, 4, 519