[The other side] English

1, 2, 3, 4, 519
itho escribió:am I the only one here that today is still poor?... fucked National Lotery! Fucked Fat!

No, I am still poor too...

But of course, it must have something to do with the fact that I didn't buy lottery [jaja]

itho escribió:Fucked Fat!

[qmparto]
I have a doubt: in english is "hehehehe"? It sounds better "jejejeje" :P

PD: happy christmas!
DemonR escribió:I have a doubt: in english is "hehehehe"? It sounds better "jejejeje" :P

PD: happy christmas!

Uhmm... in english, "jejeje" would sound like the famous song "chica yeye" XD ... better "hehehehe"

JanKusanagi escribió:But of course, it must have something to do with the fact that I didn't buy lottery

Like Pepe Domingo says in "Carrusel Deportivo": "if you don't buy the coupons (I think it's call this way) , how do U want to win the millions?" XD

Better luck for everyone next time (specially for me XD)

Greets, this treath rulez!
wow, it sure feels weird to read/post in english at eol [carcajad]

anyway, yesterday i just finished my last exam of the college (fortunately, i passed all exams) and now i'm on my xmas holidays.. well since i moved to Argentina, i'm getting 3 free months from now on of holidays, so i'm going to have a bunch of time [looco]

btw how did you'all learned english? i really didin't learn shit at my
school, and didn't went to a private academy either.. so i had to learn it from my own.. reading internet forums, browsing webpages and some irc chatting, that's why i usually make mistakes and my listening/speaking just plain sucks.. the good thing is my college requires and international certification called TOEFL, so i guess i'll start improving my level...

do you guys speak any other language? i finished my portuguese exams few weeks ago, and got really good grades, and since i'm going to brazil this summer (your winter [tomaaa]) i expect to put it on action... i started japanese last year too, but it's so damn difficult to study it without going to an academy, i plan to apply on some next year..

well, take care and merry christmas
i am really lucky because i learnt english with my family; and as i like languages a lot i know spanish, italian and english quite well; i had some basics with french and it seems that i'll be learning greek now.

how come you are in aregentina and you're going to brazil later? i remember sending you a gamecube some time ago hehehe
well... I speak some different languages too:

-chikitistaní: "comor?", "jarl", "janderclander", "fiiiiiiistro", "sietecaballovienedebonansaaaaa", "dortorrrrrrrr", etc.
- Closed castillian (castellano cerrao XD): "quiiiices", "tirapalante", "no seas bolo", "moooza", etc.

and I'm going to start my lessons on klingon and elf XD

... yes! I'm very very very bored on my work... and what? there's nothing better to do a day like this, the last day before...

CHRISTMAS!!!!

Have a nice holidays!
Merry christmas everyone!!
And happy Hannuka!
And Happy holydays!!

And so on... [jaja]

Did you get a lot of presents? Or will you get them from the 3 wise men? :P
JanKusanagi escribió:Merry christmas everyone!!
And happy Hannuka!
And Happy holydays!!

And so on... [jaja]

Did you get a lot of presents? Or will you get them from the 3 wise men? :P

Won't you ever get some right-time sleep?

PD: Maybe
Damn!! my seagate hard disk is damaged. ¿Anyone have any idea for try to fix my hd?. I am try to format the drive, but windows doesnt format the fuck*ng hd. ¿Where i can found any tool to try repair the bad sectors?. I think that this the end of my hd. ¿To the trash? [noop]

Thanks and merry christmas.

PS: Yes, my written english is POOR XD
Well.... I think that is better to make this question in the hardware comouter forum... but in the other hand, you're right, because in this treath post the most intelligent people of EOL, so the anwers will be better XD. Well, I'm going to try to help U. I would use Easy Recovery or something like that. It's hard to recover damaged sectors, but it's a good way to recover data from damaged HDD. Try to do a lowlevel format... or launch it trought the window and buy a new one XD.
Greets
Many of the posts written sound a bit weird, it wouldn't be a bad idea to revise your english. [idea] :p
eRgAlle escribió:Damn!! my seagate hard disk is damaged. ¿Anyone have any idea for try to fix my hd?. I am try to format the drive, but windows doesnt format the fuck*ng hd. ¿Where i can found any tool to try repair the bad sectors?. I think that this the end of my hd. ¿To the trash? [noop]

Thanks and merry christmas.

PS: Yes, my written english is POOR XD

Try the Seagate website and look for low level formatting tools, they probably have something specific for Seagate HDD's

By the way, iTor, no, I won't XD
Deathlife escribió:Many of the posts written sound a bit weird, it wouldn't be a bad idea to revise your english. [idea] :p

Ok, teacher, correct our mistakes and make us a better English speakers! XD
If we were perfect english speakers the tittle of this treath would be "Aprende espanol con este hilo", and we would post things like "yo tener un problemo con mi computador. Necesitar ayuda por mi duro disco" XD
It's a great idea to talk here, altought we have a "not perfect" english... but is funny to use another language to say things... who knows... maybe tomorrow one of us could be working in a foreing country and would need to speak English... and he'll think... "oh, I remember how much helped me that old treath of EOL" XD

Greets
The correct word is althought.

PD: My english is normal go down to bad.
I think you are all fucking bitches.

[pos eso]
Hello to everybody.

Next Genuary 10th I'm going to Strasbourg to work ratataaaa , for four weeks...My wife has spent only three weeks for holidays, so she can spent one week more

That city is really very nice, and I'd like to get her there for that week. But I don't know, because I'm sure I'll have to work a lot of hours every day, and I think we won't be able to get too many walks, there, because the weather.

Does anybody know how is the weather there, to go to take beers at nights, aroun 7:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m.?

Thanks and good bye.
ufff... I'm lazy.... this thread are too long 4 me... so u can take it and...
better shut up :D
The_Edge escribió:I think you are all fucking bitches.

[pos eso]

Yeah! and we're expensive bitches! Wanna pay for our services? [poraki]

Greets
itho escribió:
Yeah! and we're expensive bitches! Wanna pay for our services? [poraki]

Greets

mmm, nice idea. How much does it cost to join you're service?

[fumando]
SrLOBO escribió:Hello to everybody.

Next Genuary 10th I'm going to Strasbourg to work ratataaaa , for four weeks...My wife has spent only three weeks for holidays, so she can spent one week more

That city is really very nice, and I'd like to get her there for that week. But I don't know, because I'm sure I'll have to work a lot of hours every day, and I think we won't be able to get too many walks, there, because the weather.

Does anybody know how is the weather there, to go to take beers at nights, aroun 7:00 p.m. or 8:00 p.m.?

Thanks and good bye.

I think that in this legislature, the govermment aproved a new law. Now the pubs can close more later.
Hello, i have a problem, tomorrow i will have a control and i need help.

I am bad in english and i like somebody help me to make these exercises

Bar (verbo) - based on - employ - fulfilment - full time - part time - previously - report (nombre) - succes - source of information - take advantage of - tough - truly - unforunately

Find three adverbs
find two false friends
find one phrasal verb
find a word with a prefix meaning not

2 Match the sentences (primer parrafo con las del segundo)

he had previously told me about the meeting
i am truly sorry for what i did
a group of teenagers was barred from school
the facts in your report are clearly wrong
i get a lot of fulfilment from my job

they were cheating in their exams
i dont mind working long hours
please do more research before you write
i wont do it again
unfortunately, i didnt remeber

Thanks for all.

Bye!
airam16 escribió:I am bad in english and i like somebody help me to make these exercises

If you're bad at english you should try to learn, and not ask others to do your homework for you XD

airam16 escribió:1
Bar (verbo) - based on - employ - fulfilment - full time - part time - previously - report (nombre) - succes - source of information - take advantage of - tough - truly - unforunately

Find three adverbs: previously, truly, unfortunately
find two false friends: (I don't know what this is XD)
find one phrasal verb: take advantage of
find a word with a prefix meaning not: UNfortunately

airam16 escribió:2 Match the sentences (primer parrafo con las del segundo)

he had previously told me about the meeting
i am truly sorry for what i did
a group of teenagers was barred from school
the facts in your report are clearly wrong
i get a lot of fulfilment from my job

they were cheating in their exams
i dont mind working long hours
please do more research before you write
i wont do it again
unfortunately, i didnt remeber

He had previously told me about the meeting, unfortunately, I didn't remember.
I am truly sorry for what I did, I won't do it again.
A group of teenagers was barred from school, they were cheating in their exams.
The facts in your report are clearly wrong, please do more research before you write.
I get a lot of fulfilment from my job, I dont mind working long hours.
raising topic XDXDXD

PD:Sorry my englis [ayay]
Learn english.....such a bargain............I recomend you try to learn chinesse... [burla3] [buuuaaaa]

Torrente in USA versión:
"Why dont we stop talking bullshit and start to suck our dicks"
[qmparto]
DjScream3 escribió:raising topic XDXDXD

PD:Sorry my englis [ayay]

Why raise it seven months later?
Well, this is a very good topic, I think this is the best one I've ever seen in "Elotrolado"
skelzer escribió:Why raise it seven months later?
Well, this is a very good topic, I think this is the best one I've ever seen in "Elotrolado"

I see how some people actually love english so much that they like things in english just because they're in english (even if the english is not actually the best, but in Jan's case [jaja] ).

Even thou', this is actually a really good thread, but most of the people passed it by, so it became a dead thread at all. Anyway, it would pretty good if we actually hold it up for a while [360º]
the other side is cool :-)
"the other side" does NOT exist, beware of it.
Hi there, another english learner who would like to practise a bit
i don't understand nothing xD
i don't understand nothing xD

bless, you can not say "i do not understand nothing" because it means you must actually understand something if you do not understand nothing, in english you have to say "I do not understand anything" but anyway you are not gonna understand me so lol, have a nice day.
duende escribió:

bless, you can not say "i do not understand nothing" because it means you must actually understand something if you do not understand nothing, in english you have to say "I do not understand anything" but anyway you are not gonna understand me so lol, have a nice day.

I do not understand anything xD
WARNING: INCOMING RAISING xD

I´m going to do the Cambridge KET exam and I´ve got a few basic doubts: in one exercise it says: The food was very _____ so everyone enjoyed it. Possible answers: a) good, b) sweet, c) great.

I think is c, true?

Another: (Talking about a restaurant) One day, we decided to go there for a ____

Possible answers: a) plate, b) meal, c) dish.

Answer? c?

And the last: We were pleased when we got the bill because it was quite ____. Possible answers: a) little, b) cheap, c) small.

b?
PINCHATELA!!!! (universal language)
NeoDecoy escribió:WARNING: INCOMING RAISING xD

I´m going to do the Cambridge KET exam and I´ve got a few basic doubts: in one exercise it says: The food was very _____ so everyone enjoyed it. Possible answers: a) good, b) sweet, c) great.

I think is c, true?

Another: (Talking about a restaurant) One day, we decided to go there for a ____

Possible answers: a) plate, b) meal, c) dish.

Answer? c?

And the last: We were pleased when we got the bill because it was quite ____. Possible answers: a) little, b) cheap, c) small.

b?
Well, let's see if I can help you.

1/ Well, I think the good answer would be A. Great can't be used after "very", because it is a superlative.

2/ The answer is B, meal, that can be translated as "comida". Dish can be translated as "plato" so you will see it does not make sense to use it there.

3/ I think you are right, it's B.

I have a little question, KET is the test prior to PET? If it's like that, does it have any sort of value or do you take it only to test your knowledge?

PS: I'm sorry, I haven't written in english lately ^^U
This is one of the best threads and more useful that i have seen lately.

There are some post that are to "broken your cock" of laugh.

And this one who says the "done sentence" like that:

"Do you want to fuck me between the bushes?" - he do it wrong.

The correct one is this:

"Do you want to fuck me behind the matorrals?" A "little of please".

I think it would be a good idea to put "comillas" to the "free translations" and "done sentences" in order to not confuse those ones that want to improve their english.

[ginyo]
Hah, English in EOL, I recall ban hammer [qmparto]
Jelou, mai meim is raiden and ai jaaf tuentitri llears old.
dis post is a god idea mai frend
raiden0 escribió:Jelou, mai meim is raiden and ai jaaf tuentitri llears old.
dis post is a god idea mai frend

That perfect ortography, such high level vocabulary...

You were born in England and studied in Harvard didn't you?
kamarada escribió:
That perfect ortography, such high level vocabulary...

You were born in England and studied in Harvard didn't you?

[qmparto] [qmparto]

Well, lets see what I can tell us

Today I get up at 13:50 because yestarday I was trying to install Linux YellowDog in my Ps3. This was the second time that I installed. I don't understand why at the first time there wasn't no errors and yestarday, with the same files, I TARDE (como coño es?) more than 4 houres to install all.

However, now I have a complete Linux system [666]

Please, correct my message... and don't laugh :(

Correct version:

Well, lets see what I can tell you
Today I get up at 13:50 because yesterday I was trying to install Linux YellowDog in my Ps3. This was the second time that I installed it. I don't understand why at the first time there were no errors and yesterday, with the same files, it took me more than 4 hours to install all.

Thanks to "kamarada" for corrections
darix2006 escribió:
[qmparto] [qmparto]

Well, lets see what I can tell us

Today I get up at 13:50 because yestarday I was trying to install Linux YellowDog in my Ps3. This was the second time that I installed. I don't understand why at the first time there wasn't no errors and yestarday, with the same files, I TARDE (como coño es?) more than 4 houres to install all.

Please, correct my message... and don't laugh :(

1- I can tell you
2- yesterday
3- This was the second time that I installed it
4- There wasnt no errors. Si querias decir "no hubo errores" puedes decir "there were no errors"
5- I tarde = It took me more than 4 hours
bartews3 está baneado por "Clones"
Uh... eh... my taylor is rich? xD
kamarada escribió:
1- I can tell you
2- yesterday
3- This was the second time that I installed it
4- There wasnt no errors. Si querias decir "no hubo errores" puedes decir "there were no errors"
5- I tarde = It took me more than 4 hours

Well, thanks for your answer, but I have a doubt:

1- Why I must use "you" instead? of "us"?

Thanks again, I hope that I can improve? my english with this post [360º]
darix2006 escribió:1- Why I must use "you" instead? of "us"?
Because using us doesn't make sense. The meaning of "What can I tell us" is "Lo que yo puedo decirnos".

I suppose you want to say "What can I tell you", (lo que yo puedo deciros).

P.D: I think that it's said " Why must I use "you" instead? of "us"?"

P.D2: I'm taking FCE exam on Saturday. I hope I'll pass it..:P
ELOL

Nice thread to practise our written English. I hope, after it has risen again, that it will stay at least on the first page(s) for a long time.

We could make a little chain-work: trying to correct the previous post in order to see what we can improve .

Ok,then, who's next?? XD

PD: by the way, are emotes commonly used by spaniards (like X D) considered ortografic mistakes?
You're all crazy, and that's the truth [sonrisa]
Someone can explain the meaning of the expression "argy bargy"? I reckon that it is like in Spanish "vacileo", "encarar" and this sort of things but I am not completely sure.

Anyway this expression it's not common English, it's East-End London dialect.
_MoeB_ está baneado por "Troll brutal"
morr escribió:Someone can explain the meaning of the expression "argy bargy"? I reckon that it is like in Spanish "vacileo", "encarar" and this sort of things but I am not completely sure.

Copy and Paste from Google:

The phrase argy-bargy' means a heated discussion [discu]

You shouldn't be learning slang like that. Here in the EOL were are kind of gentlemen [carcajad]
morr escribió:Someone can explain the meaning of the expression "argy bargy"? I reckon that it is like in Spanish "vacileo", "encarar" and this sort of things but I am not completely sure.

Yer, "a little fight". Probably as you said it´s London slang as it sounds quite "cockney".
It´s used all around the country though, so it´s common english.
949 respuestas
1, 2, 3, 4, 519