Windows 7 con RyZEN y Kaby Lake [hack]

Microsoft a restringido actualizaciones para windows 7 y 8 para evitar el 'soporte' a los nuevos procesadores de AMD e Intel en estos sistemas operativos 'viejos'.

Por suerte el programador 'zeffy' ha sacado un hack en forma de una herramienta que permite seguir contando con actualizaciones y sobre todo quita el aviso de windows udpadte de 'HARDWARE NO SOPORTADO' cuando detecta estos procesadores RyZEN y Kaby Lake.

Pagina Oficial para descarga de ejecutable y codigo fuente:
https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

WUFUC: Disables the "Unsupported Hardware" message in Windows Update, and allows you to continue installing updates on Windows 7 and 8.1 systems with Intel Kaby Lake, AMD Ryzen, or other unsupported processors.

Preface
The changelog for Windows updates KB4012218 and KB4012219 included the following:

-Enabled detection of processor generation and hardware support when PC tries to scan or download updates through Windows Update.

These updates marked the implementation of a policy change they announced some time ago, where Microsoft stated that they would not be supporting Windows 7 or 8.1 on next-gen Intel, AMD and Qualcomm processors.

It is essentially a big middle finger to anyone who decides to not "upgrade" to the steaming pile of known as Windows 10, especially considering the extended support periods for Windows 7 and 8.1 won't be ending until January 4, 2020 and January 10, 2023 respectively.

This has even affected people with older Intel and AMD processors! I've received user reports of the Intel Atom Z530, Intel Core i5-M 560, Intel Core i5-4300M, Intel Atom D525, Intel Pentium B940, and AMD FX-8350 all being blocked from receiving updates.

Bad Microsoft!
If you are interested, you can read my original write up on discovering the CPU check here.
How it works

Basically, inside a file called wuaueng.dll there are two functions: IsDeviceServiceable(void) and IsCPUSupported(void). IsDeviceServiceable(void) is essentially a wrapper around IsCPUSupported(void) that caches the result it receives and recycles it on subsequent calls.

My patch takes advantage of this result caching behavior by setting the "first run" value to FALSE and the cached result to TRUE.

- At system boot the wufuc scheduled task runs as the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM user.
- wufuc determines what service host group process the Windows Update service runs in (typically netsvcs), and injects itself into it.
- Once injected, it applies a hook to LoadLibraryEx that automatically patches wuaueng.dll when it is loaded.
- Any previously loaded wuaueng.dll is also patched.

Several improvements over my batchfile method:
- No system files are modified!
- Heuristic-based patching, which means it will usually keep working even after new updates come out.
- C is best language!
- No external dependencies.
Nueva version con algunas correcciones.
Ah, bueno, ahora tambien en tu idioma

Added the following languages to the installer:
* Dutch
* Finnish
* German
* Italian
* Spanish
Gracias por compartir esta herramienta :).
Un saludo
Por nada, spero les sirva.

4 respuestas