Wiivision prepara una app para reproducir dvd en wii

Wiivision escribió:So I really liked the MFE for GC homebrew... But its lacking in many ways.
My latest project is a new homebrew app that specificly plays DVDs. It's still bound to the GC-Linux (because we still can't load Wii homebrew), but has greatly been improved in playback quality and region support.
This new app is derived from the "proof of concept" that is MFE, but is all fresh code and loads media without the need of a FileSystem mount emmbedded on each media (eg. the DVD Drive FS mount that has to be included on all media MFE loads).

I'm still in development phase, but have tested a couple canidates with good results.

Support currently includes:
- 4.7G DVD Media (-r, +r, +rw, and of course "originals")
- Region Free
- Multi-Language Subtitle Support

The only real downside to this is that you have to load the DVD containing the app, then swap the DVD you want to watch when asked. It's going to stay that way untill we get true Wii homebrew support (and getting there is way beyond me)

Will post a Screenshot in a bit and will keep you all updated.
[angelito]

Mas o menos viene diciendo que está creando una aplicación con la que podremos ver DVD`s en la wii, con una buena calidad, que se cargará a traves del linux de gamecube, debido a que no podemos ejecutar homebrew en modo wii, y que lo unico en desventaja de esto es que tienes que cargar un dvd que contenga la aplicacion, y hacer swap con el DVD que quieras ver.

http://todoscene.to.funpic.de/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=214
que buena noticia, ojala y creen un buen software multimedia, dejemoslo al tiempo =)
muy interesante esperomeos que salga pronto ^^
hasta ke no tengamos homebrew en wii estas cosas son muy bienvenidas [ok] [ok]
seran DVD, porque desde luego DVD-R no le doy mas de 10 peliculas de vida a la lente [fumando] [fumando]
Esperandolo con ganas, ya que donde tengo la Wii no tengo reproductor DVD
Solo DVD ?, estaría bién que leyese Divx/Xvid através de la memoria SD ;P, asi nisiquiera forzamos la lente del lector

Sería lo suyo.
estaría bién que leyese Divx/Xvid através de la memoria SD ;P, asi nisiquiera forzamos la lente del lector

Eso ya existe, está el MFE mortimor, que es un MFE modificado para que leyera desde la SD. Lo malo es que la lectura es muy lenta, y si tienes una peli con un bitrate alto va a tirones. A mi eso me da un poco igual, pero para gustos ...

Lo que le falta al MFE es ver DVD original, a ver si esto prospera

Un saludo
posteado por wiivision:

Here is a screenshot of the app:

Imagen

This is the menu of the app, here it allows you to eject, play/pause, and displays the title of the dvd inserted, uses the "b" button to toggle this screen on/off and continues to play/display the dvd unless "start" is pressed to pause. (sorry the image sucks, my camera is old).

Controls:
Toggle menu: B
Play/Pause: Start
SlowMotion: A
Goto Disc Root: Y
Goto First Chapter: X
FF: R Trigger
RW: L Trigger
Next Chapter: C-Stick Right
Previous Chapter: C-Stick Left

DVD Menus Navigation: D-Pad
DVD Menus Select: Start

Eject the disc at anytime: L+R Trigger Combo
Cojonudo! Otro avance más en la scene de Wii ;) a ver si en un tiempo podemos poner homebrew de wii [oki]
9 respuestas