Solucion Usar Yellow Dog en Teles Convencionales 480i

Pues eso, investigando por la red he encontrado la solucion para poder usar yellow dog en teles 480i mediante RCA.

La pagina esta en ingles (no me acuerdo bien cual exactamente, creo que ps3hack o algo asi)y no tengo tiempo de traducir (ni muchas ganas), asi que si alguien se anima.... ;-)

Lo he probado hace un rato y funciona de lujo, solo hay una pega, la instalacion y los cambios decritos hay que hacerlo que una pantalla HD (vamos, por hdmi o por componentes), pero una vez hecho se pueden olvidar del cable, podremos usar linux de modo normal y no en modo consola, y se ve de manera decente (no se porque no implementaron la posibilidad desde el principio[discu])

Ahi van las intrucciones........ que aprovechen (copio y pego)

Text Install Guide for YDL 5.0 on PS3

First thing you are going to have to do is fire up your PS3 in linux and get to the localhost login prompt.

Type root and press [ENTER]

Next you will be asked to enter in the password for the user root. If you don't remember it, re-install Linux.

Now you should be looking at the command line.

First thing you need to do in order to get the gui or graphical system running is download Xautoconfig to your PS3. If you have a ethernet cable hooked up to your PS3. Type this entire line:

wget http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_5.0/Xautoconfig-0.23-2.ydl.2.ppc.rpm

and press [ENTER]

If you want to get this Xautoconfig from your PC, get a SD Card. Pretty much any size will do the rpm file is only about 36k in size.

Next check and make sure the SD Card is using the FAT32 file system. In Windows just right click on your SD Card and check the properties. If the card isn't FAT32, format the card to that file system.

Now download the above rpm file to your computer and put it on the SD Card. Take the SD Card to your PS3 and put the card into the SD Card slot in your PS3. You'll see some things pop up on your tv. That's
normal and just ignore it.

Okay, we have to mount your card so you can access the files on it. This is what you have to type at the command line:
mount -t vfat /dev/sdd1 /mnt and press [ENTER]

Linux should mount your card so you can access the file on it.
Next we want to install that rpm file.
If you downloaded the rpm file without the SD Card. Type this

rpm -ivh Xautoconfig-0.23-2.ydl.2.ppc.rpm and press [ENTER]

If you used an SD Card to get the file. You'll have to type this

Type rpm -ivh /mnt/Xautoconfig-0.23-2.ydl.2.ppc.rpm and press [ENTER]

The file will now run and you don't have to do anything.

Now Type Xautoconfig and press [ENTER]

Next thing we have to do is edit a file to make Linux goto the gui after boot up. Type this at the command line.

Type vi /etc/inittab and press [ENTER]

Look for the line that reads:

id3:initdefault:

and change it to

id:5:initdefault:

If you can't change the line. Press [INSERT] on your keyboard before hand.

After you edit the file Press [ESC] which will switch back to command mode

Type :wq and press [ENTER]

That will save and quit the file editor. If you doesn't work, you might
need to press esc again to make sure it went back to the command mode
and try using :wq again.

Next, if you want, we need to edit the kboot.conf file so at startup,
Kboot default to the screen resolution of your choice. Type this at the
command line.

Type vi /etc/kboot.conf

Look for the line that reads:

default=ydl

if you have a SDTV / 480i

change it to:

default=ydl480i

if you have a HDTV / 1080i

change it to:

default=ydl1080i

Now save and quit like we did before.

Okay, everything should be ready to go. All you have to do now is reboot your PS3. Just type this at the command line.

Type reboot and press [ENTER]

Your PS3 should now be rebooting and should load into the gui.
ya esta dicho en el respectivo hilo...

aunque yo creo ke estaria bien dejar este hilo para no rebuscar tanto... [sonrisa]
Alguien me puede decir como modificar y guardar los cambios en kboot.conf

No soy muy diestro en linux pero estoy muy interesado en el.
para poder escribir en el editor vi tienes q pulsar la i de insertar.Una vez termines de escribir pulsas escape y al final de la pagina escribe :wq para guardar y salir

Creo q era asi si hay algo mal sorry
3 respuestas