[The other side] English

but the British English is the cool english XD
Stewie escribió:but the British English is the cool english XD

I don't like american english either. There's an easy way to improve english, my girlfriend and me began to speak english each other two weeks ago, and we notice a lot of improve about speed and comprehension. V.O. movies help a lot too. We decided to do that because we are planning to move abroad next year, maybe Netherlads.
But in Netherlands talk in Dutch, not in english ¿?
I found out that the easiest way of learning English was using the media. I mean, listening to music while reading the lyrics of the songs as well as watching movies in their original version(s). I highly recommend using first the subtitles you feel most comfortable with, because doing so you will improve your hearing skills without even knowing it. Once you "feel" that your hearing and listening skills are improving, feel free to use subtitles in their original version or do not use them at all.

Personally, there are TV series in which I like to read subtitles because some use specific vocabulary related to, for example, forensics. In that way, I can obtain the meaning of the words I do not know by the context in which those words have been used.
Israperrillo escribió:But in Netherlands talk in Dutch, not in english ¿?

They talk both, about a 75% of dutch people is capable of understand and speak english fluently. I will learn dutch once we live there.
Stewie escribió:but the British English is the cool english XD

Why do you think that? xD
I like american accent, but prefer british accent
We were chating of Videogames... Oh wait. [mad]

Returning to the original Idea (Videogames, Retro of Actual), I'm too young to say that I'm a superfan of the retro games but, sure. I love the retrogames, I go to retroencounters, collect some consoles and that...

Actually, I will start with the Mario Saga(Again) from SNES to now(2010 I think is the last Mario release...)
I love american english SAAAN hehe. I think the British one is too perfect and less stetic. Just my opinion
Well, even when I think I'm a bad listener (it's very difficult to me to hear and understand some words), the British english it's, on my opinion, very clear and easy to understand.

(yeah, I'm trying to write without google's help xD)
Eh, Canadian English is the best :D
I don't know if someone has posted before, but here goes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dABo_DCIdpM

Choose the most you like it
Nah, Scottish english is the best. They look like they are singing when they speak, I like their accent.

It is difficult though, even more than the british english.

Another accent I like quite, is the Australian English. Or perhaps it's because I love the way the TF2 sniper speaks XD .
Hi! I'm new here,and basicly,i want to learn more English. I hope i will help to other people too.
Duki escribió:Hi! I'm new here,and basicly,i want to learn more English. I hope i will help to other people too.

I ever remember your post in "pruebas" of your photo of your face XD
Need a topic here to talk about it!
Din-A4 escribió:
Duki escribió:Hi! I'm new here,and basicly,i want to learn more English. I hope i will help to other people too.

I ever remember your post in "pruebas" of your photo of your face XD

OMG! What a legendary post,right?!
Can anybody recommend me some new tv series? I'm watching now 'How I meet your mother' and 'The Big Bang Theory', but only 20 minutes each series per week is not enough for me.

Thx,
insert-brain escribió:Can anybody recommend me some new tv series? I'm watching now 'How I meet your mother' and 'The Big Bang Theory', but only 20 minutes each series per week is not enough for me.

Thx,

I recommend you Two and half men...it's funny, but the best of course is How I meet your mother...
irenestatus escribió:
insert-brain escribió:Can anybody recommend me some new tv series? I'm watching now 'How I meet your mother' and 'The Big Bang Theory', but only 20 minutes each series per week is not enough for me.

Thx,

I recommend you Two and half men...it's funny, but the best of course is How I meet your mother...

Dexter, or Californication are good too dexter is 45, 50 minutes lenght

Thx,

Can anybody? or somebody?
la hora de josé mota XD

Thx,

You should try Mad Men, I am watching the first season and it is quite interesting.
josele69 está baneado por "faltas de respeto, flames, troleos y clones"
Ohhh yes fuck me fuck me
davids21 está baneado del subforo por "flames y faltas de respeto"
Speak Inglish Pitinglis ? [buuuaaaa] [buuuaaaa]
Hello everybody , this is the side , when eolianos practice english, in the future I want to go to the UK , to look for a job and learn English..
You better boy. here in spain the future looks pretty bleak...

Anyways. you want good sitcoms to watch? no problem.

Check out :
Subpurgatory.
Whitney.
Rules of engagement.
2 Broke girls.

Btw...
You can check out the new My little pony TV show. the episodes are freely avaiable on youtube. Its been developed for TV by Lauren Faust. which worked on the power puff girls and was the woman behind Forsters home for imaginary friends.
Join the herd
victor66 está baneado por "clon de usuario baneado"
Hello, i'd like that you tell in wich countries you've been and how is their english level in comparison to Spain. (I've been en X and the speak more o less like in Spain, in that country they speak ir better than us).
victor66 escribió:Hello, i'd like that you tell in wich countries you've been and how is their english level in comparison to Spain. (I've been en X and the speak more o less like in Spain, in that country they speak ir better than us).

English's level of Spain is the worst of Europe. [hallow]
victor66 está baneado por "clon de usuario baneado"
mjmbcn escribió:
victor66 escribió:Hello, i'd like that you tell in wich countries you've been and how is their english level in comparison to Spain. (I've been en X and the speak more o less like in Spain, in that country they speak ir better than us).

Disfruten the votated.
victor66 escribió:
mjmbcn escribió:

Disfruten the votated.

I like spanglish!
Hey man i´m waiter and yesterday one english costumer told me "Your english is very good!"
I speak all the days with our providers, and speak english, and when I speak with somebody, it's posible that I say incorrect sentences...

All the days I repeat it again... I should learn more english.... May be.....

Tomorrow, when the f1 race finishes, it will be 20 years Ayrton Senna won his last F1 world championship, 20 years ago, in a extraordinay race in José Carlos Pace's Circuit, with the gear box broken, and only with the 6 gear to drive the Car, Ayrton won his second race in his country.
Esta bien dicho esto?
Whose envelope is this?
Refierindote a?
Si quieres decir que tipo de envoltura es esta? No esta bien dicho
Delnegado escribió:Esta bien dicho esto?
Whose envelope is this?

Está bien dicho si lo que quieres decir es: ¿De quién es éste sobre? o ¿A quién pertenece éste sobre?
Are you fucking kidding me? jejejeje
Fucking B1 level.
Now, I must learn very well grammar to do writings U.U. In addition, I can't forget the speaking...
I don´t renember which is my english´s level. I think is B3 but I´m not sure.
Gentlemen

Ok so this thread looks interesting but most of you just write swearwords. I'm fine with that though, I love swearing sometimes and enjoy watching the Angry Nintendo Nerd from time to time. I have been watching many episodes these last weeks and have had a blast. The most enjoyable for me is the one about the 32x, at the end of the episode he takes a dump (simulated with chocolate ice cream of course) on the 32x. I recommend this guy's videos not only because it's fun to watch, but also because you will learn a lot of English, it is easy to understand what he is saying most of the time.

I'm considering the idea of taking the EOI English exam next year. Like most of us Spaniards, my weak point is the practical side, talking... Guess I'll have to fix that.

Best regards!
Sure I'm like you, read or watch TV series in English is nice, have no problem but when im working as waiter and must take command is very difficult they talk very fast and I came nervous
molecula escribió:Are you fucking kidding me? jejejeje

Please...Like a sir...This is EOL, not CC.
Hey guys! Any IB students here? (either in public or private schools)
I have a doubt about a grammar exercise and I need your help.

Where ....... when the suspect run past you?

a) you were standing
b) were you standing
c) did you stand

Thank you so much.
Millencolin escribió:I have a doubt about a grammar exercise and I need your help.

Where ....... when the suspect run past you?

a) you were standing
b) were you standing
c) did you stand

Thank you so much.

b)

:Ð
don pelayo escribió:b)

Could you tell me why?

PD: Someone else, please?
Millencolin escribió:

Could you tell me why?

I think it's B also, because the verb goes first when you ask a question.
Shantotto está baneado por "utilizar clon para saltarse baneo temporal"
Millencolin escribió:

Could you tell me why?

Because don pelayo says so.

Sorry, I couldn't avoid doing it [hallow]
Millencolin escribió:

Could you tell me why?

You are facing an interrogative clause, and so the subject-auxiliary inversion rule applies here. That rules out a). Now, the question of past simple/past continuous arises. As you already know, you usually use the past simple for habits or states in the past, as well as finished actions which took place at a specific point in time, among other temporal contexts. The past continuous, however, is used for actions which were in progress in the past, usually in contrast with past finished actions. This case may seem not that straightforward because of the verb "stand", which is used in non-progressive forms in Spanish. The thing is verbs such as "sit", "wear" or "stand" are usually used in their progressive forms in English, thus b) is the choice to make.

Shantotto escribió:
Millencolin escribió:

Could you tell me why?

Because don pelayo says so.

Sorry, I couldn't avoid doing it [hallow]

I see what you did there. XD
don pelayo escribió:
Millencolin escribió:

Could you tell me why?

You are facing an interrogative clause, and so the subject-auxiliary inversion rule applies here. That rules out a). Now, the question of past simple/past continuous arises. As you already know, you usually use the past simple for habits or states in the past, as well as finished actions which took place at a specific point in time, among other temporal contexts. The past continuous, however, is used for actions which were in progress in the past, usually in contrast with past finished actions. This case may seem not that straightforward because of the verb "stand", which is used in non-progressive forms in Spanish. The thing is verbs such as "sit", "wear" or "standing" are usually used in their progressive forms in English, thus b) is the choice to make.

Now I understand it. Thank you so much :)

Crucex escribió:
Millencolin escribió:

Could you tell me why?

I think it's B also, because the verb goes first when you ask a question.

Thank you :)
949 respuestas