[Hilo Oficial] Hunted: The Demon's Forge

1, 2, 3, 4, 57
Gracias por el hilo, no tiene mala pinta la verdad, habrá que seguirlo un poco de cerca. xD
Litos, tu duermes? o es que vives en el EOL las 24h? xDDD

Referente al juego, pinta bien, pero lo que más me llama es el cooperativo, veremos en que queda la cosa. Tocara alquilarlo y opinar sobre el, ya que no me llama como para comprarlo.
Preview en VG247:

We begin at the beginning. After a sweeping cinematic that depicts a land in turmoil and leaves no doubt that armies of misshapen beasties to be slain, I’m thrust into the cramped solitude of a dark underground chamber, armed only with a torch. Hunted’s opening, played out in thumping Dolby 5.1, has got me stirred up and ready to run riot, but first I must traverse a series of dark, cobwebbed corridors, following the voice of an unseen woman.

The corridors open out into a chamber and I’m confronted by a huge, horned demon erupting from the ground. It’s apparent from its size that it won’t be taken down using just a torch and harsh language, and just as I’m readying myself to find out how fast I can run in the opposite direction, my character wakes up.

Caddoc, the burly, melee-centric human warrior, and E’lara, an Elven archer with a penchant for skimpy clothing and witty retorts, are camping in a forest. Some banter between the two quickly establishes the tone of the game to be “humourous,” and then our extensive hands-on session begins proper, a single-player jaunt through the prologue which serves as a tutorial for inXile’s co-op focused action title that company president Matt Finley has jokingly referred to as ‘Gears of Warcraft’.

“This is absolutely a co-op game and has been the whole way along.”

After the brief time spent running through dark corridors, the jungle setting of the prologue is rendered all the more attractive. I begin to suspect that inXile was deliberately playing on my expectations, which themselves were based on Hunted’s dungeon-crawler roots, in that I would be spending a lot of time underground. There’s no question that the Unreal Engine 3 has been put to stunning use here, and a waterfall vista halfway through the level is pretty enough to stand and admire.

You’ve got a friend in me

You have the choice to play as either Caddoc or E’lara from the start, and it’s apparent that both players are given equal billing; there’s no Resident Evil 5-style Sheva patsy, as Maxx Kaufman, Hunted’s game director, is keen to establish.

“This is absolutely a co-op game and has been the whole way along,” he insists.

“You can play through the campaign in single-player, and I think our AI partner is excellent, but our focus has been on the co-op elements the whole way through. This is reflected in the fact that even if you’re playing the single-player game, you’re levelling up the two characters throughout.”

Whichever character you initially choose, there are opportunities during levels to swap between the two so you can experience Caddoc’s up close and personal melee combat or E’lara’s more considered ranged abilities. Each also has a secondary weapon, which is weaker than the primary, but allows E’lara to quick-switch to a sword when the enemies close in and Caddoc to bring out a crossbow when time and distance allows.

Unsurprisingly, it’s teaming up with a buddy that shows the game’s strengths. Before we start our co-op experience, we’re introduced to the equipment upgrade options. A number of upgrade crystals are allocated for us to invest in our equipment and spells. Playing as E’lara, I imbue her bow with armour break and freeze abilities, as well as a fire-bomb spell that behaves like a grenade. My team mate, playing Caddoc, arms himself with a sword upgrade, a chain lightening spell and a levitation ability that lifts hapless enemies into the air to make easy fodder for my sharpshooting.

Director Maxx Kaufman showing how Hunted’s
co-op works at E3 2010.

We play through level 1-4, in which we’re tasked with escaping a dungeon. Some light puzzle elements and an optional sub-objective of collecting runes to open an ominous looking crypt illustrate that you won’t always just be hitting things over the head. Breaking through to the outside world we must then reach a ballista to take out a huge tower that is raining fiery death upon us. It’s bloody, frantic and exhilarating.

On more than one occasion one of us is downed and we get to see the revival system in action: establishing a line of sight within the twenty or so seconds before bleed-out occurs allows a health vial to be lobbed to the prone player to revive themselves. It’s a smart mechanic in a game where, given the character’s relative strengths and weaknesses, you’re unlikely to be standing side-by-side for much of the time. It avoids tediously traipsing back and forth to revive your teammate.

Strategise this

Many of the abilities and spells are used to complement those held by your teammate, and as the game opens up, so too do further co-op strategies. The ability to ‘battle charge,’ by charging certain spells for a few seconds before unleashing them on the other player rather than an enemy, effectively buffs your accomplice and enables them to deal and sustain more damage. Later in the game this ability can be upgraded further enabling ‘spell link’, essentially a battle charging of each other.

“It’s a screaming skull that tethers one player to the other; enemies that get caught up in the link between the two take massive damage,” Kaufman explains.

“But to do that you’re going to have to collect Dragon Tears to upgrade your battle charging ability.”

It’s at this point that Kaufman explains how the upgrade system will work when playing on and offline.

“Let’s say you’re on chapter one and your buddy is on chapter two. You can set up a multiplayer session where you’re playing using his character set – your own character set or one character from each – in either of your games.

“The key thing here is, regardless of which set you use, you can choose to carry the upgrade crystals collected in that online game back to your own game, even if you’re on an earlier chapter.”

Kaufman goes on to explain how this affects the balance of the game.

The Crucible is described as a map generator.

“Now here’s the caveat to that: when you get deeper into the game and catch up to the chapter that you’ve done with your buddy, all of those crystals that you collected and chose to take back to your own game are no longer going to be available to collect again.

“Each upgrade crystal has its own unique ID, so once you’ve collected it, even in someone else’s game, it’s gone. So, although you might be levelling up your character earlier on, it actually has no significant longer term effect on the game.”

As you like it

Online multiplayer won’t be your only way of teaming up with a friend, as the team is pleased to announce that local split-screen co-op is also being included. Kaufman explains that it was something inXile considered early on, but didn’t want to promise in case performance or frame-rate issues caused a problem.

It seems inXile is not quite prepared to give up all of Hunted’s secrets just yet, though. The Crucible is described as a map generator, but nobody present will divulge further information other than to say that the gold you collect throughout the main game will be of use in this mode.

Whether that’s for wagering in some form of customised battle arena or used to purchase terrain and enemy types for custom built levels, we can only guess at this point.

More details are expected in a month or so and inXile’s president Matt Finley states that he’s expecting another round of hands-on time for this new mode, ahead of the game’s release on PC, 360 and PS3 on June 1 in the US and June 3 in Europe.

Fuente: Scrawlfx
Roberdivx escribió:Litos, tu duermes? o es que vives en el EOL las 24h? xDDD

Referente al juego, pinta bien, pero lo que más me llama es el cooperativo, veremos en que queda la cosa. Tocara alquilarlo y opinar sobre el, ya que no me llama como para comprarlo.

jajajaja, no te había leido!! la verdad que eol es mi verdadera casa!!! vivo pululando por el foro. xD

Yo esperaré como siempre a leer opiniones de los demás y ver reviews. Y si veo que merece la pena a tirar de importación cuando este baratico. xD
Ya se que esto es España y que aquí la play es la play y el pro es el pro, pero alguna vez, de vez en cuando, podríais poner alguna carátula del juego por defecto en otra versión que no fuera la de PS3 [+risas]

El juego no pinta nada mal, al menos las tias están de muy buen ver XD
me recuerda a Kinhgt Contracts este juego no se porque, le dan mucha publicidad y luego sale una castaña , espero que no le pase lo mismo a este,
retuiteo está baneado por "spamer"
Nuevo tráiler en español:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwKxWioKudE

No tiene mala pinta :)
Tiene una pinta más que decente, a ver que tal cuando lo lancen...
Ya sabíamos que Hunted: The Demon's Forge incluiría un editor de calabozos llamado Crucible para extender la vida del juego, ahora desde el evento pre-E3 de Bethesda nos llega un video del editor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEk84zOJoz4
Que pintaza tiene ese video, habrá por lo que se ve cooperativo a pantalla partida.
Joder macho me ha encantado lo de poder crearte tus propios mapas en serio. SOLD! como una casa xDDD
Dave Clayman: Las comparaciones con Gears of War nos parecen bien. No hay planeados DLC's para Hunted: The Demon's Forge y Crucible (El editor de mapas) es una oportunidad inmensa para crear contenidos

Comparisons between inXile dungeon crawler Hunted: The Demon’s Forge and Gears of War are “fine,” Bethesda’s Dave Clayman has told VG247.

Speaking to us in the Park City mountains of Utah during Bethesda’s pre-E3 BFG event, Clayman – who’s the associate brand manager for the game – told us that cover-based action games like Hunted and Gears have been “proven” to be a fun game type.

“I think it’s a fine comparison,” he said when asked about the comparisons. “People love Gears and the action is there. The third-person action is apparent, and there are similarities when you are using a bow and arrow and when you’re taking cover. You can see how that plays out in the gameplay. I think cover-based action games are really a proven fun type of gameplay style.

“What we would like to stress is that Hunted also has a lot of other systems on top of that: the magic system, skills, spells, the way you upgrade those and the storyline.”

Clayman added that to truly experience the game for what it is, you need to play main characters E’lara and Caddoc at their strengths.

“The way the characters are really different. Caddoc and E’lara are not the same type of playstyle at all, they’re very different. And you have to play at each other’s strengths to really experience the game for what it is.”

No DLC plans, Crucible is “huge opportunity” to create UGC for Hunted

Clayman insisted that, right now, there was no plans for DLC in terms of story or in Crucible form from inXile, going as far as insisting that UGC (user-created content) was its DLC.

“Right now, we don’t have any DLC plans, but all along, the idea has been that the Crucible is the content after you play,” Clayman said.

“So what we’re hoping is that people get into crucible and user-generated content becomes what you start using after you’ve completed the main experience. So sharing with your friends, there’s a really huge opportunity to generate a ton of original content through the community.”

Hunted: The Demon’s Forge releases in the US on May 31 and on June 3 in the UK for PS3, 360 and PC. Watch a video on the Crucible mode here.

Fuente: VG247
Poca expectación tiene este titulo, ya veremos como acaba......
Yo le sigo la pista, pero tiene muy poca expectacion no? creeis que saldra bien este proyecto?

Es un juego que me interesa pero con lo poco que se habla de el, me da miedo que sea una patraña de juego...
este juego para mi lo que le mata es el multijugador, estos juegos no son para el multi, tendrian que ser mas orientados a los offline, yo no se pero con el online y el LIVE han desgraciado a muchos juegos esta generacion sobretodo en los argumentos, vosotros fijaros cuales son los mejores argumentalmente , Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, etc...., es decir los que no tienen online

como echo de menos la anterior gen que no habia online
pasnake escribió:este juego para mi lo que le mata es el multijugador, estos juegos no son para el multi, tendrian que ser mas orientados a los offline, yo no se pero con el online y el LIVE han desgraciado a muchos juegos esta generacion sobretodo en los argumentos, vosotros fijaros cuales son los mejores argumentalmente , Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, etc...., es decir los que no tienen online

como echo de menos la anterior gen que no habia online

Los juegos que has puesto,tienen como pilar principal su argumento, si no son buenos apaga y vámonos.

Ahora va a resultar que deben dejar de sacar juegos en Coop, pues según tu criterio, los que no lo son, son mejores argumentalmente.

Puede que que se den casos que algunos juegos coop no tengan hilos argumentales profundos, pero no te has parado a pensar que quizás lo que a la desarrolladora del juego le interesaba más incidir en la diversión que ofrece jugar con un amigo? Pero tu crees que por dejar de serlo ( coop ) los harían mejores?

Ahora va a resultar que todos los juegos de la generación pasada son mejores y la culpa de ello es que en esta gen salgan juegos coop aparte de los "normales"... juas juas. Yo al menos he tenido todas las consolas y siento decirte que andas muy equivocado.

EDIT: Y si solo ves importante los hilos argumentales en los juegos, tal vez debas cambiar tus juegos por libros.

Un saludo.
Estoy de acuerdo. Este juego, no destaca especialmente (al menos por lo que he ido pudiendo ver en entrevistas y videos) por su historia, sino por su factor online, que es el que mas vale la pena con diferencia [360º]

De hecho, la mayoria de elementos que tiene (habilidades cooperativas, creador de mapas, colaboracion en equipo, etc...) son tooooodos online. Puedes jugar offline? Si, pero le estas quitando toda la gracia a un juego que va enfocado a otro lado [Ooooo]

Vamos, que yo tengo claro que me lo pillare para jugar online. Si no ni me molestaria. Muy del estilo de Brink, Lost Planet 2 o L4D por ejemplo. Que si no juegas online o no tienes online no disfrutas ni el 50% de lo que te puede dar el juego o directamente te mueres del asco... [carcajad]

Saludos!
si alguno de vosotros tiene previsto comprarlo en alguna tienda Game, avisadme, ya que tengo un vale de 10€ de descuento para este juego que me dieron al comprar el Brink y yo no voy a usarlo. Las condiciones de uso del vale son estas:

-No acumulable a otras ofertas o descuentos
-Promocion limitada a 5.000 unidades
-Promocion valida hasta el 17/6/2011

mandadme un mp si os interesa.

Saludos
Pues lo mejor va a ser el precio. En MM (barakaldo) por 32,90€ entregando un juego antiguo de la misma plataforma del que cojas. Buen precio, ¿no?
Lo tengo reservado en Game y espero que no me decepcione porque es lo unico que veo interesante para aguantar este verano de sequia de juegos.
Dark escribió:Lo tengo reservado en Game y espero que no me decepcione porque es lo unico que veo interesante para aguantar este verano de sequia de juegos.

Sequia???

-Red Faction Armaggeddon
-Duke Nukem Forever
-Shadow of the damned
-Dungeon Siege III
-Alice Madness Returns
-FEAR 3
-Torchligt 2
-Warhammer 40000: Space Marine
-Deus ex: Human revolution

y seguro que me dejo alguno que otro...
danko06 escribió:
Dark escribió:Lo tengo reservado en Game y espero que no me decepcione porque es lo unico que veo interesante para aguantar este verano de sequia de juegos.

Sequia???

-Red Faction Armaggeddon
-Duke Nukem Forever
-Shadow of the damned
-Dungeon Siege III
-Alice Madness Returns
-FEAR 3
-Torchligt 2
-Warhammer 40000: Space Marine
-Deus ex: Human revolution

y seguro que me dejo alguno que otro...

Hay juegos interesantes, pero en en todas las plataformas hay una medio sequía veraniega si nos ponemos exigentes. Lo gordo viene como siempre a final de año (Skyrim, Gears of War 3, Xenoblade, Battlefield 3, Zelda SS, Batman Arkham City, Unchanted 3, Forza 4...), los juegos de veranito caerán pero cuando bajen un poquito de precio XD
Kevin Riepl, compositor de Gears of War pondrá la música a "Hunted: The Demon's Forge", lo que es curioso teniendo en cuenta las similitudes entre uno y otro título

Bethesda announced today that Kevin Riepl, the composer of both Gears Of War and Huxley, will compose the soundtrack of Hunted: The Demon’s Forge. Kevin’s background is quite impressive, as he worked in the aforementioned games and in some indie horror films like “Clemency,” “New Hope Manor” and “Broken Moment”. As previously stated, Hunted: The Demon’s Forge is a third person co-op fantasy action game that is developed by inXile Entertainment and will be released on May 31st for PC, PS3 and X360.

Chris Keenan, Design Director, inXile Entertainment said:

“Kevin Riepl was a blast to work with during the production of Hunted. He is totally committed to delivering music that fits the scenes perfectly. His early compositions even helped to inspire our internal team with some of the level design. The dark and haunting style of Kevin’s music made our world that much more intense.”

Kevin Riepl added:

“Collaborating with inXile has been an immensely creative and rewarding experience. Their creativity, passion and attentive involvement throughout the process made my ‘job’ a real pleasure. From the very early stages of development, when I received the first concept art, it was clear that Hunted required a sonic signature. The detail in the illustrations played a major role in inspiring the creation of customized sounds and instruments to enhance the dark unrelenting environments and eerie atmosphere of the game.”

Fuente: Dasreviews
Yo estoy pensando en pillar el juego con un colega, para pasarlo en coop. El portal 2 nos encantó en coop, y aunque éste no es comparable, al ser coop, pues la diversión debería estar asegurada.

Los gráficos y las animacione sme echan para atrás de todos modos... no sé que pensar. Alguien tiene alguna preview buena?
Para pasárselo en cooperativo con la parienta puede ser una buenísima opción, en cuanto salga habrá que probarlo.
ya surca ya!alguien sabe si contiene la temida actualizacion?

saludos
me sumo a la pregunta del compañero
y traducido al español canelita
El cooperativo que es parecido como al Resident evil 5 no?
Pablopictures escribió:Pedazo de trailer :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bsiaHggwD0

buffff mucho video pero poco gameplay, los graficos los veo malillos y lo del cooperativo a mi no me llama naa la atencion , prefiero jugar solo a estos jeugos

Imagen
Ahora os subo un video de los primeros minutos del juego, para ver los gráficos (al menos el 70 por ciento os haceis una idea), oir el doblaje y el tutorial del juego... Algunas imagenes de dicho video que estoy subiendo.

Imagen

Las de 720p os la pongo en spolier:

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Ya está surcando los mares. Lo que no se si trae sorpresa....
Acabo de probarlo y trae sorpresa. Pide actualización y no pienso darle a sí para ver qué pasa.
tonyjfc escribió:Acabo de probarlo y trae sorpresa. Pide actualización y no pienso darle a sí para ver qué pasa.

segun comentan en varios foros no se trata de la actualizacion de dash,sino la tipica q traen muchos juegos.
Muy buenas, a ver si los que lo han probado pueden dar algunas impresiones del juego, doblaje, graficos, jugabilidad etc... se agradeceria muchisimo, un saludo.
tiene buena pinta en las imagenes esas, pero si pones los videos no los voy a ver xDD, quiero ver todo de sorpresa :D
q este juego tiene buena pinta :D, ya qeda poco..
Yo he empezado a probarlo y no está mal, lo que no termino de ver es donde se puede activar el coop a pantalla partida que se supone que tiene el juego.
Dakumaru escribió:Yo he empezado a probarlo y no está mal, lo que no termino de ver es donde se puede activar el coop a pantalla partida que se supone que tiene el juego.

Está el juego en español?, aunque sean subtitulos me conformo. Gracias
Voces y texto en español.
A ver esas opiniones....
Bue, mi opinión va tras haberme pasado el prólogo del juego:
En el prólogo se te enseña lo básico del juego, además de que los dos personajes tienen caracterísiticas própias: La chica se centra en las cosas que requieran golpes sutiles o precisión (romper una cuerda o encender una antorcha a lo lejos con una flecha), mientras que por otro lado, el hombre es justamente lo contrario, fuerza bruta (mover cosas pesadas básicamente).
Ambos pueden llevar una arma de cuerpo a cuerpo y otra de distancia aunque obviamente lo mejor es mantenerse con las armas que mejor se adaptan al personaje. Al parecer existen algunos cristales en el modo de 1 jugador donde cambias el personaje manejable (pasas del hombre a la mujer y al reves), así que no se puede cambiar libremente cuando quieras, posee una forma de covertura similar al Gear of War, te acercas a un muro y con un botón, te pegas a él. Si tu compañero cae, tienes la posibilidad de recuperarle con una poción de vida la cual le tiras directamente. Al final del prólogo te dan la posibilidad de mejorar a los personajes con una habilidad gracias a unos cristales que vas encontrando, el problema es que el nº de cristales es compartido. Es decir, si tienes 3 cristales, son 3 cristales para ambos (no 3 para uno y 3 para otro).
Esta tarde veré si puedo probar con un colega el coop a pantalla partida y puede que pueda dar alguna impresión más, por ahora, no está mal.
Yo he leido que no trae nada en especial de actualizaciones... En teoria si tienes la penultima actualizacion, no tendria que darte problemas... ein?
¿Se pueden poner las voces originales en inglés? no digo que el doblaje al castellano esté mal, pero la voz de Xena no me la pierdo XD
Los que lo vayais probando ir posteando impresiones, gráficos, jugabilidad, etc... Estoy muy interesado y si hay buena opiniones el viernes lo compro.
Saludosss
343 respuestas
1, 2, 3, 4, 57