Resistance y Untold Legends: Noticias.

Copiada de un hilo de beyond3d:

Sobre Resistance: Fall of Man

In the new PSM they have some new details about the progress of the game.

basically...
-the game was 30fps for SP, 60fps for MP, now the game is ALL 30FPS
-the game is getting some graphical upgrades, more environment distruction and other special effects
-multiplayer has gone from 32 players to 40 players
-multiplayer includes: deathmatch, co-op, meltdown mode (think of ut2k4 nodes)
-levels will be scaled accordingly and have balanced weapon placement
-will support full voice chat
-weapon-spawn pods are circled by a series of lights that count down to the time a weapon will reappear.
-The radar in the upper-right corner of the screen shows all nearby enemies and allies unless they are slowly crouch-walking or standing still without firing.
-there is jumping in the game, but on a smaller, more realistic scale
-many different configurations to play fair ranked matches.
-some maps will have fans placed in the ground where it makes you hover in the air
-You can Play as either a human or a Chimeran Hybrid (pretty sure talking about mp)

on the meltdown mode

Meltdown is an extension of another mode called "Node," in which two teams race to take over as many nodes as possible. Nodes are large chambers that contain several cylinders, you can re-configure the nodes for your team. Once you control a node, you can choose to re-spawn there after you die, adding strategy to the order in which your team goes after them. Meltdowns adds the twist that these nodes are actually coolants for each team's base, so by taking them over, you're overheating the enemy's headquaters. At certain heat levels a base's defenses will temporarily go down, allowing the opposing team to get inside and deal major damage.

I would assume they might include vehicles.

on the ranked matches

There will also be the option to play unranked matches where the player will be able to configure the game however he wants by tweaking areas such as hit points, weapon sets, and much more. Popular player-created configurations may even be made into official new modes by Insomniac and offered as downloads. Conversely, ranked matches will have very limited configurations to keep the playing field level and fair for everone.

they did stress that a big focus is being put on smart matchmaking, so that a new player who buys Resistance a year after launch will be able to play without having to get torn apart by the guys who bought the game on day one.

on the fans in the ground

Flat, circular fans are embedded in the ground in various places, and walking over one will launch you up to a higher area, one fun strategy we found was to balance ourselves at the top of the column of air, hovering there while firing down at enemies below; the up-and-down bobbing motion can make you a hard target.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sobre Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Texto sacado del blog de los desarrolladores del juego:

http://darkkingdom.station.sony.com/

Right now the final push for the look and feel of Untold Legends Dark Kingdom is upon us. Earlier this spring, we began with some prototype art to lay the ground work for the environments, as well as the three main characters. We have honed in on a style now based on feedback from internal sources, as well as from the public.

Most of the people on the Dark Kingdom art team are gamers who share the same desire to make the game look great. The trick so far has been reacting to the technology as it has become available. The power of the PS3 is starting to become apparent to us as artists. The raw graphics power of the machine is pretty amazing, but the one thing, or I should say things, that has quite a few of us excited is the exploitation of the SPU’s. It is pretty amazing what can be off loaded to the SPU’s. For example, we have the reactive water running off one of them right now and it looks great (and it isn’t even totally complete yet w00t!) In addition, we are planning on using the SPU’s for radial flora, particle FX, and real time physics simulation. There are more details about the system I would love to talk about, but I might be violating my NDA.

Ok, now to talk about what we are actually doing art wise. It has been challenging to move forward and evolve to the new system, but our experience using pixel shaders and per pixel lighting on EverQuest II has helped us to understand the demanding nature of the next generation game art. The first hurdle we had to overcome was the art style of the game. It doesn’t sound like it should be a hurdle but it is. Our overall approach initially was to avoid realism and try something stylistic. We eventually evolved into a style that leans towards realism, but I would not call it realistic. We chose this direction because of two primary reasons: It is easier to create environments using photo sampled textures, and focus testing character concepts in a nation wide survey. The environments are turning out to look pretty impressive, but I know they will look better as we progress. It’s easy to say this in a blog, but I guess you will have to take my word on it. The characters are at the beginning of something really good. We are using a high-res to low-res method to create the characters, which leads to the results being incredible. It really maximizes benefit of normal mapping.

With the increased memory of the new PS3 hardware, we are enabled to have a much higher texel density which in turn makes running in the hi-definition modes look fantastic. It sort of makes me laugh that games like Dark Kingdom, will be a big reason that people will buy hi-definition TVs.

Well, more to come as I can write it,

Bill Yeatts
Art Director

Atención a la ultima frase en negrita...supongo que se refieren a la diferencia de memoria con PS2 o PSP...

Un saludo.
tzare está baneado por "utilizar clon para saltarse baneo"
now the game is ALL 30FPS

vaya mierda de next-gen por ahora cawento
-the game was 30fps for SP, 60fps for MP, now the game is ALL 30FPS

@_@
Y como podia ser el Multiplayer a 60 y el juego normal a 30? Tan grandes son los escenarios en SP?

El modo Meltdown me ha hecho gracia, aq no deja de ser una copia del Battlefield

Del Untold Legends como q paso de decir nada xD
Sip, lo de los 30fps clama al cielo.
2posibilidades:
a: en realidad querian decir qur ahora todo va a 60fps y se equivocaron
b: por poner mas jugadores y daños destructibles han tenio que bajar la tasa de fps

aun asi no pinta mal...lo del untold ni lo leo,ese no hay quien lo salve de la quema.
No comprendo tanta fijación por los 30 fps en un juego de esas características.... si fuera uno de carreras pues entendería la decepción, pero para el Resistance....

Salu2
...a 60 frames irá más fluido, lo que es de agradecer....viendo estas cosas aún no acabo de entender la frase aquella de la next gen empieza con nosotros ® sony 2006...[noop]
Digo yo que si en el single va a30 y en el multi va a 60 sera por la poca carga grafica que tendra en este modo, [tomaaa] [tomaaa] [tomaaa]
roberts_2 escribió:viendo estas cosas aún no acabo de entender la frase aquella de la next gen empieza con nosotros ® sony 2006...[noop]

Si la next-gent de los 30 Frames porque la de los 60 todavia nos queda todavia unos cuantos años.

salu2
El ojo humano es capaz de notar la diferencia entre los 30 y 60fps en un juego como Resistence?

Yo he jugado a muchos juegos de PS2 y Xbox donde la gente decia q con 30fps no iban bien y yo la verdad no notaba nada raro, jugaba como siempre. Lo q si notaba es la bajada de frames en algunos juegos de PS2 como Onimusha.
La diferencia entre 30 y 60 frames se nota en cualquier juego, a menos que estemos hablando de un simulador de ajedrez o el solitario.

Y en un caso como éste, que se trata de un juego de acción, se nota bastante.
Lo mas importante para mi ya no son los frames,sino el angulo de vision del punto de mira,ya que a mis casi 30 años he descubierto que hay juegos que en vez de a 90º lo tienen a 70º(half-life2-call of duty 1 y 2) y no puedo jugar mas de 15 minutos sin que me entren nauseas-dolor de cabeza,esto es lo que voy a tener que tener en cuenta en mis futuros fps,menuda cagada!!!!
Si el juego no es rapido por ejemplo un splinter cell que vas poco a poco ok no se nota casi.

Pero un juego de mucha accion con explosiones multiples objetos en movimiento y un buen puñado de pequeña pegandose tiros se nota un huevo las pedazo bajadas de frames.

Yo como usuarios tambien de pc si baja de 45 frames lo noto un monton.

salu2
13 respuestas