OJO con los drivers 2.41 2.42 de nvidia para la Abit nforce2!!!!!

Bueno os cuento mi odisea con estos drivers, despues de enterarme que exitia una actualización de estos driver para las placas con chipset nforce2 y que a la gente no le daba problemas decidí instalarlos.
Hasta aquí todo bien el sisteme funcionaba correctamente (winxp pro), pero da la casualidad que tenía montado el ordenata sin la caja (sobre una tabla de madera), así que me llegó la caja que compré y me dispuse a montar el ordenador. Despues de unas horitas XD , tenía todo montado y dispuesto para testearlo. Bien todo funcionaba ok, sólo que con las prisas por probar el sistema se me olvidó el conectar la grabadora de cd. Me dispongo a conectarla reinicio y aquí empizan los problemas. El winxp me dice que hay un error y que no puede instalar la unidad de cd-r. Como siempre ante todo mucha calma, empiezo a comprobar todo : conexiones, cables, instalo y desintalo la grabadora, pruebo con otro unidad de cd y nada ...
Como siempre hago, tenía en otra partición del disco el Winme instalado por si las moscas, entro y todo funciona correctamente. Por lo que se que el problema está en el sistema operativo del Winxp (no despues de perder unas horitas haciendo estas operaciones) .
Entonces empecé a pensar que había instalado en winxp que pudiera estar dándome problemas, desinstalé el antivirus y me acordé de que habia actualizado la placa con los nuevos drivers 2.41. Vale dije, ya está los reinstalo y punto. Pues bien obiamente no funcionó (pues estos drivers son los que generaban los problemas, me daría cuenta más adelante). Al reinstalar la cosa empeoró incluso no llegando a arrancar el Winxp [+furioso] .
Pues nada a reparar el Winxp instalandolo encima, vale todo ok me dectecta el cd y muy tonto de mi me dirijo otra vez a instalar los drivers 2.41 y tachán me volvio a no encontrar la unidad de cd, bueno he perdido mucho tiempo pero al fin sabía donde está el problema, los p*tos drivers de nvidia [uzi] .
El sistema parece funcionar decentemente (excepto lo de la grabadora) por lo que me dirijo a la página de nvidia para bajarme los drivers que venian en el cd de la placa los 2.03 (obviamente tenía el cd de placa pero no me lo leia XD ), y me encuentro con esto:

Case 1
If you installed nForce 2.03 driver kits and then installed 2.41 & the NVIDIA SW IDE without uninstalling 2.03 and want to go back to 2.03 driver kit, please follow these steps

Option 1: Auto Roll Back Using Windows System Restore
Browse to the Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore (See option1.1.bmp)
Select “Restore my computer to an earlier time”._ Click Next (See option1.2.bmp)
Pick a highlighted date on the calendar that is some date before the 2.41 driver package was installed._
Click “Next”
When you are sure that you have the right selection, click “Next” again. (See otpion1.5.bmp)
Windows will roll back to an earlier date and then reboot.
When Windows returns your system should be running with the 2.03 drivers again.

Option 2: Manual Roll Back
Download the nForce 2.03 driver kit.
Browse to the Start Menu and select “Search”
Do a search on \windows for *.nvu (See option2.3.bmp)
Delete the “nvide.nvu” file (Option2.3.bmp)
Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs
Remove the option “NVIDIA nForce Drivers” (See option2.6.bmp)

NOTE: You must select the option with the exact text above

Reboot.
When the system restarts, hit “Cancel” when all devices are detected
Re-install the nForce 2.03 driver kit.
Click “Yes to all” when asked to overwriting old files
Reboot when install is complete
Upon system restart, right mouse click on My Computer and select Properties
Select the “Hardware” tab
Click on the “Device Manager” button
Expand the section labeled “IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers”_
Left mouse click on the option labeled “NVIDIA NForce(TM) MCP2 IDE Controller” or “NVIDIA® nForce(TM) IDE Controller” (your system will only have one of the above options) (See option2.16.bmp)
Right mouse click and select “Update Driver”_ (See option2.17.bmp)
Select “Install from a list of specific location (Advanced)”
Select “Don’t search, I will choose the driver to install”
Select the driver “Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller”
Reboot.
After reboot allow device detection._
Reboot again.
Everything should now be working correctly.

Case 2:
If you installed nForce 2.03 driver kits and then installed 2.42 & without uninstalling 2.03 and want to go back to 2.03 driver kit, please follow these steps

Manual Roll Back
Browse to the Start Menu and select “Control Panel”
Select “Add/Remove Programs”
Remove the option labeled “NVIDIA nForce Drivers”

NOTE: You must select the option with the exact text above.

Reboot.
Reboot.
After reboot allow any additional devices to be detected (if applicable)
Reboot.

Case 3
Your system is unbootable because you tried to use Add/Remove programs on the nForce 2.42 driver kit

Recovering Windows
Copy the “nvatabus.sys” file to a floppy disk. This file is included in the zip file that include these instructions.
Boot system to Windows XP installation CD.
At the Setup screen, press ”R”.
This will bring up the repair console.

Which Windows installation would you like to log onto
?

Hit “1” and or the number that represent your Windows XP installation.

Type the Administrator password:

Type password and hit

Insert the floppy disk with the "nvatabus.sys” file into the floppy drive. At the command prompt, type “copy a:\nvatabus.sys c:\windows\system32\drivers” and hit . Once file has been copied, type “EXIT” and hit . This will reboot your system. Remove floppy from system.

Click “Yes to all” when asked to overwriting old files
Reboot when install is complete
Upon system restart, right mouse click on My Computer and select Properties
Select the “Hardware” tab
Click on the “Device Manager” button
Expand the section labeled “IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers”_
Left mouse click on the option labeled “NVIDIA NForce(TM) MCP2 IDE Controller” or “NVIDIA® nForce(TM) IDE Controller” (your system will only have one of the above options) (See option2.16.bmp)
Right mouse click and select “Update Driver”_ (See option2.17.bmp)
Select “Install from a list of specific location (Advanced)”
Select “Don’t search, I will choose the driver to install”
Select the driver “Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller”
Reboot.
After reboot allow device detection._
Reboot again.

Vale desintalo manualmente los drivers como dicen en la página y todo volvió a la normalidad. Pufff vaya coñazo y horas delante del ordenata para resolver este entuerto. Me lo pensaré dos veces antes de volver a instalar unos driver de nvidia para nforce2.
Aunque mi caso es un poco expecial pues coincidió con el montaje del equipo por lo que los problemas que tenía podían haber venido de muchas cosas.

Espero que todo este rollo sirva a alguién para que se ahorre unas horitas en caso de que le suceda lo mismo que a mí.

Un Saludo.
Gracias gromario por molestarte, esto me podria haber pasado a mi tb.

PD: Ha salido la BIOS 1.4 de la NF7-S 2.0 de la fase beta.
1 respuesta