Bizarre Creation’s own Nick Davies was shipped out to Japan to give the press some info on PGR3. Nick outlined some further details on Project Gotham Racing 3 at Xbox Japan Summit 2005.
Some points that were covered at the summit:
* Design your own tracks with the new Route Creator and share them online over Xbox Live.
* Drive any car, at any time. Buy your favorite super car at the beginning of your career then use it right through to the completion of the game, if you wish.
* Drive the most desirable collection of super cars ever featured in a game, such as the Ferrari 430, Lamborghini Gallardo, and the McLaren F1 LM. Pick from 80 high-powered automobiles that are featured in PGR3.
* Fully motion captured 3D crowds react to your racing. They cheer the cars that race past and move away from the barriers if you crash.
* PGR3’s new sound engine uses 30 individual samples—three times more than in PGR2.
* Each car is rendered using 80,000 polygons; approximately 40,000 for the interior and 40,000 for the exterior. PGR2 used only 10,000 polygons per car.
* The Brooklyn Bridge structure uses the same number of polygons as an entire city in PGR1.
We look forward to giving out more information on PGR3 in the future. Keep checking back for more updates!