[The other side] English

funca está baneado por "No necesitamos usuarios con tu comportamiento en el foro, por favor búscate otro."
EmUIbA I think it's spelled proficiency. I'd say "I've been to" rather than "I was". After "which kind" i'd delete "of".
Gosh, I find it more viable to watch American stuff, there are lots more on the net. King Louis scrams. I don't wanna bother ya.

Imagen
funca escribió:EmUIbA I think it's spelled proficiency.

Ooops, just a typo [ayay]

funca escribió:I'd say "I've been to" rather than "I was".

I guess that's just a matter of style.

funca escribió:After "which kind" i'd delete "of".

No way :p :p !!

And thank you :)
funca está baneado por "No necesitamos usuarios con tu comportamiento en el foro, por favor búscate otro."
Bueno yo quitaba el "kind of" directamente, esa estructura no me gusta, yo pondría "somehow"
funca escribió:Bueno yo quitaba el "kind of" directamente, esa estructura no me gusta, yo pondría "somehow"

I don't think that's plausible, "kind of" approximately means: "como de..." "asi como...". Example: Kind of wood made = Asi como hecho de madera.

Somehow means just: "De alguna manera". Example: I'll get to the top, somehow = De alguna forma llegare a la cime.

Besides, Kind and Of are bounded together, you can't separate them, except for the usage of "kind" as "nice", that's to say: Amable, simpatico.
Knos escribió:
funca escribió:Bueno yo quitaba el "kind of" directamente, esa estructura no me gusta, yo pondría "somehow"

I don't think that's plausible, "kind of" approximately means: "como de..." "asi como...". Example: Kind of wood made = Asi como hecho de madera.

Somehow means just: "De alguna manera". Example: I'll get to the top, somehow = De alguna forma llegare a la cime.

Besides, Kind and Of are bounded together, you can't separate them, except for the usage of "kind" as "nice", that's to say: Amable, simpatico.

In the previous text "kind of" means "de alguna manera", it's the main reason i'd rather change that structure because it has several meanings, the one you're stating (kinda) and mine (somehow). There is also a third, included in the structure "what kind of...", in this you can replace "kind" with "type". And fourth, the adjective handsome.

Where is that fucking tape man! I feel so jealous of you fella, having an Irish mum [carcajad]
hey guys, how can i say "estuvieran esperando" in english? I've got a problem with this tense [+risas]

I think about would (future conditional) and have/had/be/..... + -ing but im not sure.

PD: Sorry, my english vocabulary is limited. I need to learn more and more...xD
cBS escribió:hey guys, how can i say "estuvieran esperando" in english? I've got a problem with this tense [+risas]

I think about would (future conditional) and have/had/be/..... + -ing but im not sure.

Can you use it in a sentence? Just to be sure.
cBS escribió:hey guys, how can i say "estuvieran esperando" in english? I've got a problem with this tense [+risas]

I also need the whole sentence, but it could be:

Si estuvieran esperando, bla bla bla - Should they be waiting, bla bla bla
This expression is included in this sentence: ........... my friends ........wait.......for me

example:

- porqué me esperarían---> Why my friends would wait for me?

- han estado esperando desde---> my friends have been waiting since...

- me habrían esperado---> would my friends have waited for me?
It's the same changing this examples by "estuvieran esperando".

PD: creo que los ejemplos que he puesto están bien, si no es así corregidme please, mi nivel no es muy bueno ya os lo he comentado.
I didn't know this thread did exist.

I need to practise a bit, specially for that future exam...
cBS escribió:This expression is included in this sentence: ........... my friends ........wait.......for me

example:

- porqué me esperarían---> Why would my friends wait for me?

- me habrían esperado? ---> would my friends have waited for me?

Correcciones en tu quote.

Qué quieres decir con la última frase?
chant escribió:
cBS escribió:This expression is included in this sentence: ........... my friends ........wait.......for me

example:

- porqué me esperarían---> Why would my friends wait for me?

- me habrían esperado? ---> would my friends have waited for me?

Correcciones en tu quote.

Qué quieres decir con la última frase?

que hay que encajar el "estuvieran esperando" en la frase que anteriormente dije, tal y como hice con los ejemplos. Gracias por la ayuda.
can i say a thing? this is sparta! sorry.
Hi there, this is a random message because I dont have any idea for talking with people on this treath :(
Hero Of Time escribió:Hi there, this is a random message because I dont have any idea for talking with people on this treath :(

thread

;)
Hi to everybody

I think this is a great idea, I was reading the thread but there was were many post so I've decided say "Hello" and start in here.

For the spelling, I use an add-on in Firefox which underscore the word when are bad wrote. British English Dictionary 1.19

Also I the google translator in order to translate some sentences

http://www.translate.google.es/translate_t#

An for sure, this web www.wordreference.com

I hope when can help each other to improve our fantastic English :)

See you
Necseron escribió:can i say a thing? this is sparta! sorry.

hahahaha, no man... This is SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA [carcajad] [carcajad] [carcajad]
nachocube escribió:Hi to everybody

I think this is a great idea, I was reading the thread but there was were many post so I've decided say "Hello" and start in here.

For the spelling, I use an add-on in Firefox which underscore the word when are bad wrote. British English Dictionary 1.19

Also I the google translator in order to translate some sentences

http://www.translate.google.es/translate_t#

An for sure, this web http://www.wordreference.com

I hope when can help each other to improve our fantastic English :)

See you

I think your system has some flaws [+risas]
First, it is: "There was so many posts", and "the words are badly written", but leaving that aside, is not bad.
Don't feel mad for my corrections, it's a professional habit, just trying to help :)
Jajajaja

Don't worry about the corrections, they are the only way to learn :)
En EOL había otro post de Inglés donde venía explicado diversas formas en las que uno podía aprenderlo. Había un apartado sobre la EOI que me gustaría volver a leer. ¿Alguien puede decirme el link de dicho post?

Gracias.
GZ_ escribió:En EOL había otro post de Inglés donde venía explicado diversas formas en las que uno podía aprenderlo. Había un apartado sobre la EOI que me gustaría volver a leer. ¿Alguien puede decirme el link de dicho post?

Gracias.

in english please [poraki]
reberes escribió:
GZ_ escribió:En EOL había otro post de Inglés donde venía explicado diversas formas en las que uno podía aprenderlo. Había un apartado sobre la EOI que me gustaría volver a leer. ¿Alguien puede decirme el link de dicho post?

Gracias.

Sorry.

There was in this forum a post about "Learn English". In that post there were some ways that we all can learn it. There was a part about EOI I want read it again. So, somebody can show me the link of that post?

Thanks.
GZ_ escribió:
reberes escribió:

Gracias.

Sorry.

There was in this forum a post about "Learn English". In that post there were some ways that we all can learn it. There was a part about EOI I want read it again. So, somebody can show me the link of that post?

Thanks.

Sorry, but I don't know about any thread like you described. Anyway, I write here to get this topic UP and so, someone could be reponse you.

And of course, sorry, but my English is so poor. If I had errors here tell me please.

See you.
"someone could be response to you" is not a proper sentence. Maybe "someone could reply to you" or "someone could answer you". Also it should be "like the one you described".

Anyway, a picture i got sent to my email (I think it's funny):
Imagen
nothing says honesty like wearing a hat made out of a paper sixpack holder,
then again, the grant administration in the US was one of the most corrupt ever, and he was a known alcoholic.

anyways, "someone could be response to you" might be acceptable if you live in vallecas or come from the old sovient union, but the proper way to say it is "someone could responde to your XXXX" the XXX depending on if it was a question, a statement, or an action,

now, because i am such a troll and like torturing other people, we shell analise your response,

you wrote :
"Sorry, but I don't know about any thread like you described. Anyway, I write here to get this topic UP and so, someone could be reponse you.

And of course, sorry, but my English is so poor. If I had errors here tell me please."

the correct way to express what you seem to have said (my english might be good, but im no psychic)
"i´m sorry, but i have no knowledge of the thread you have described, but i will push this thread upwards in the hope that some one could answer you,

And of course, i apologize for the poor quality of my english, if i have commited any mistake, please let me know, "

and now that i am done with being a pompus asshole and showing off, we can go back to the thread itself,
Hi all!

Hadn't seen this thread before.

I'm in my 4th year on the EOI, but, honestly, I need (and I woul'd like too) to improve my English, mostly, my redaction and my speeching, the last one is not to easy on the Internet, but I think it can be an interesting idea to post here.

Thank u all for reading, and please tell me about any mistake.
Aevum, apart from being a bit pedantic for my liking and having (i assume) mistyped 3 words (including pompous, perhaps a sign from above?) I'd say your post is quite correct XDDDDDDD
I`ve discovered this thread, Great!!!! I like speak and write english
Las week i meet a person from sweden, and i get drunk and go tho her house,we have sex,the first hour was really good but later she want to put a dildo and my pennis too in the same hole and she almost broke me...im so hunger whit her for that but i stille date her for dinner and more stupid things. But im so (agobiado) because she always text me for sex and more stupid stuff...and smokes 3 cigarretes in a minuto and smells bad.
What's Up niggas! :D Haha
I really like english 'cause in internet, everything is written in english!
So I want to go EOI, but I think that it'll be boring, 'cause they only take notes and grammar homeworks, and it's bored for me! I want more action! I think that english has to be learned speaking. What do you think about it? Thanks ! :D
fu... i dont know if to report you to the moderators or laugh my ass off,

thats what you get for picking up some seriously skanky bit... ladies, XD
Achiss escribió:Hi all!

Hadn't seen this thread before.

I'm in my 4th year on the EOI, but, honestly, I need (and I woul'd like too) to improve my English, mostly, my redaction and my speeching, the last one is not to easy on the Internet, but I think it can be an interesting idea to post here.

Thank u all for reading, and please tell me about any mistake.

OK.

Achiss escribió:Hi all!

I hadn't seen this thread before.

I'm on my 4th year at the EOI, but honestly, I need and would like to improve my English, mostly my writing and my speaking. The latter is not too easy on the Internet, but I think it can be an interesting idea to post here.

Thank you all for reading, and please let me know about any mistake.

Are you really on the 4th year? Out of five? [agggtt]
Hi guys!

It's the first time I write in English in EOL! It's funny ^^

I'm studying abroad (Denmark) this year and I need to improve my English a lot. I'm living with two german guys and another one from belgium so it's a good oportunity to improve my speaking but on the other hand I'm sure that I'm making a lot of mistakes due to the erasmus' English... It should be a good idea take some english lessons here but I cannot find any english school. Actually I found one but it was really expensive!!

Well, that's all for today. If you see any mistake on my writing please let me know!

See you!
YOO escribió:Hi guys!

I'm studying abroad (Denmark) this year and I need to improve my English a lot. I'm living with two german guys and another one from belgium so it's a good oportunity to improve my speaking but on the other hand I'm sure that I'm making a lot of mistakes due to the erasmus' English... It should be a good idea take some english lessons here but I cannot find any english school. Actually I found one but it was really expensive!!

Well, that's all for today. If you see any mistake on my writing please let me know!

See you!

There are two mistakes.
Erasmus doesn't need the saxon genitive, and it's a "good idea TO take". Nothing else.
Anyway, I envy you, I was in Erasmus last year in Poland and it was the best thing I've ever done in my life, is where I've learnt more, English, and about life [carcajad] . How long will you be there? And you'll see, you'll meet people from everywhere.
I advise everyone here to take the Erasmus grant if they can. No regrets!
YOO escribió:Hi guys!

See you!

I'm very close to you, with the same exchange program. I also was thinking improving English in this year, but I'm studying German and now I think that an single language learning is enough. And overall if that language is German, whose is so difficult. But, it's true that I usually speak English with international people, and maybe I'm learning a little bit because of that.

By the way, I plan to travel to Copenague the next year, maybe you can advise me some cool places of that city. And of course, I can do the same if you are going to come to Berlin! This city is so great...

PD: If you want to correct my grammar or whatever, you are welcome!
Elelegido escribió:I'm very close to you, in the same exchange program. I also was thinking of improving my English this year, but I'm studying German and now I think that learning one language is enough. And overall if that language is German, which is so difficult. But, it's true that I usually speak English with international people, and maybe I'm learning a little bit because of that.

By the way, I plan to travel to Copenague the next year, maybe you can advise me some cool places of that city. And of course, I can do the same if you are coming to Berlin! This city is so great...

PD: If you want to correct my grammar or whatever, you are welcome!

There you go. [ayay]
hellooooo
im noob, my english is very basic
It will try to write without he me translates it google (This if I have had to look for it)
Bye, help me to lear english very fast
@ knos:
Thanks Knos! :D

I'm going to be here till next June! It means two semesters (I don't know why they call it semester if it's 5 month each one.. hahaha) ^^ I agree with you, Erasmus is an awesome experience. I think that you can learn a lot about life as well as improve your english. I don't know why I've the impression that each day my english is worse, but I think that is not true (I hope so). The point is that after 3 months here I've realized that now I'm not afraid to meet someone and speak in english with him/her. I'm every day thinking in english and I think that I can speak it more fluently. Furthermore I'm learning everyday new words, for instance all the stuff of the house :) But, as I told you it would be better If I could go to english lessons at the same time.

@ Elelegido:
I'm sorry but I'm not in copenhague, I'm in Aalborg. But I'm pretty sure that I'll go there soon or later :P I love Berlin!!! I was there last February and I liked it so much!! One of my german flatmates comes from Berlin so I hope to go there again! ^^

See you guys!
Elelegido escribió:By the way, I plan to travel to Copenague the next year, maybe you can advise recommend me some cool places of that city.

Let me know when you're coming ;)
Rydimer escribió:Bye, help me to lear english very fast

I fear that they can't do that [ayay] , you may need some basics lessons and maybe then you could be here to exchange posts with others cute eolians.

I'm an absolute fool in languages but I can read in english due to my experience in Ebay International [hallow]. Because of my studies I will need learn it in the future, I think read this post will help me to improve a little.

See ya; feel free to correct my mistakes if you have guts XD
Wow, an english thread :)

I only have to say one thing: chant is the fucking boss here xD

See you!
chant escribió:Are you really on the 4th year? Out of five? [agggtt]

Yes, I am :p but now it takes six years... And really, I have learned nothing there :p and I have never been to an english country, so I dont have many opportunities to improve my English, that is why I am here [360º] . Anyways, I will try to write better than in my other message.
hiii good night. what do you think: American english or UK english?
adri-skater8 está baneado por "troleos reiterados"
adri-skater8 escribió:why dont we all talk in cool nglish? u really think nglish people write everythin perfect? nglish used in forums is quite worse dan d spanish we use.

Cause english people already knows english language; it supposed to be a post where we can improve our skills, not to be a contest where find the "coolest" eolian.
i dont believe in god, so i could give a rats ass...

some of the writting on this thread is really offencive to the sight,
SrLOBO escribió:I'm an english basic student, and I've been thinking is a good idea to open this link for people that also want to learn english.

If you want, we can write in english. No matter if we make mistakes, we are all learning...we can talk about what you want...any expirience, about your holidays, the country where you live, any technological issue...
See you.

Sorry, aevum, I thougt that it wasn' t necessary to be a native to write here... :o
[+risas]
Knos escribió:There you go. [ayay]

chant escribió:
Elelegido escribió:By the way, I plan to travel to Copenague the next year, maybe you can advise recommend me some cool places of that city.

Let me know when you're coming ;)

I've your word!
Elelegido escribió:I've your word!

That is not correct, you have to say "I have your word".
949 respuestas