[Hilo Oficial] F.3.A.R. -Trailer con John Carpenter-

1, 2, 3
Joe golden, no paras, excelente y (espero que) excelente juego.
Jeje, yo también lo espero. Los dos primeros me parecieron muy buenos. Técnicamente no muy punteros pero sí muy divertidos. Por no hablar de los sustos.
Vaya, hay bastantes fotos q no habia visto, me gusta, ando algo exceptico con el camino q tomará la saga sin Monolith, pero pinta realmente bien, se ha activado mi hype por él, recuerda un poco a Condemned, lo q es muy bueno.
A mí me tiene ganado el juego. El tema sobrenatural/horror que han sabido imprimirle me entusiasma.

Aunque debo decir que hasta ahora han mostrado poquito de Alma, eso habría que corregirlo.
Lucasi está baneado por "usar clon para saltarse baneo temporal"
Hola tengo el FEAR 1 y 2 y ahora me toca comprar el tercero.

Menudo pedazo de juego me toca jugar, claro cuando salga.
[jaja] [jaja]
hola muy buen hilo. yo tambien tengo el fear 1 y 2 y estan muy bien y ahora toca el 3 que tiene muy buena pinta

un saludo
Aquí otro fan de FEAR :D

A ver si sale en pronto, pero antes de jugarlo seguro que me vuelvo a pasar los dos primeros xD
El guion del juego que esta hecho por unos niños de primaria? Porque es jodidamente malo...

Espero que por lo menos recupere la esencia del uno, y me vuelva a acojonar con aquella inmersiva historia.
No es compra al 100% pero estoy segura que me lo alquilaré y me lo pasaré enterito, como hice con los dos anteriores. [sonrisa]
Compra compra compra compra

jejejeje

Puede que sea poco exigente...pero a mi el 1 y el 2 me prestaron por la vida [360º]
Otra compra asegurada, solo espero como dicen mas arriba que acojone como el 1º, el segundo tenia mas escenas pero acojonaban menos.
Entrevista con Frank Rook y Dan Hay, desarrolladores de F.3.A.R. para Nowgamer

We sit down with Day1's Frank Rook and Dan Hay to discuss their latest horror shooter.

You’ve just announced a new element to FEAR 3, the ‘Almaverse’. How will this new dimension enter into the plot of the game?
Frank Rook: In the first two games, you got to experience this place, this construct within Alma’s mind, and we’ve since named that the Almaverse. The Almaverse, at least for me, is about how the universe in her mind has spilled out into our physical world. This happens on many different levels you know, the creatures and the things she’s fabricated in her mind are coming out into our world and interacting with us. But we also talk about scale a lot, and here the scale is massive.

The sky is opening up, the fabric of reality is tearing on multiple levels so we wanted to make sure her imprint on the world and as she gets close to the delivery of her child, you’re going to feel her presence more and more. Instead of the Almaverse being more than just ‘whoops, we just got teleported to a weird are then back’, this is pushing it right up in front of you and forcing you to deal with it.

How dramatically has the presence of the Almaverse affected the game world and how to you explain this to those without extensive knowledge of the FEAR backstory?
FR: I think it’s going to be a journey for those with knowledge of the story, but everyone will appreciate the many layers of plot we’ve created and try to piece it together. We’ve talked about how Alma’s universe is bleeding into ours, and it’s shown visually in how the world around you changes. You know, we had the nuclear explosion at the end of the first FEAR, and you saw the impact of that in FEAR 2, but it also radiated an immense amount of psychic energy into the world. It’s also been altering the people who have been out there and you had a taste of that in FEAR 2 with the remnants.

Now you have a lot more layers of that between the survivors who have been mentally altered, you have the visible aspects of the world, the creatures and we worked hard to create these elements thematically so that the player can piece them all together.

Is this other dimension always triggered by the plot, or can the characters enter and leave this space at will?
Dan Hay: Well, we wanted to make sure that the Almaverse was something that was around you and, if you think about Fettel and his construct, he is ethereal, he is a ghost and there are elements of this psychic power that are permeating through Alma. Point Man and Fettel have elements of that and so, it’s not an in your face, ‘you need to use it to progress’, thing, it’s more something that is there, and that you’re aware of. You can also see Alma ‘breadcrumbing’ her way through the game and, we can’t go to far into this, but the breadcrumbs that she leaves for you will be important to the story.

Alma is widely regarded to be the key attraction of the series, and we can assume FEAR 3 will reveal more about her character. How do you strike a balance between fleshing a mysterious antagonist like Alma and demystifying her, essentially rendering her less fearsome?
FR: That is absolutely a challenge, and we are evolving her backstory in FEAR 3. I also think, not to be elusive, but what we are revealing about her I something that’s pretty important to the story and I’d hate to reveal it at this time. But rest assured, after three games of her being an iconic character, we’re definitely taking a nice narrative route and I believe we’re providing enough information about her that doesn’t take anything away from the mystique image. But this definitely rounds out your understanding of what she is and the tormenting things that went on behind the scenes to created her.

When developing the first game, did you know how far this story was going to progress?
FR: Well you know, there’s back story that gamers don’t know about that help us create the FEAR universe in the first place. We went into this project with a 100 per cent understanding of what we were doing, how we were treating Alma. But by staying true to the tenets of the franchise and being consistent with the back story, it just helped us find our way and remain consistent with the universe without destroying anything.

DH: I’d like to add that right at the beginning there was a considerable effort on our part to stick to simple themes. It’s simple themes such as the pairing of the brothers, their relationship and how they chase their mother’s affection.

FR: I think what I like about Alma is that she’s a puzzle and so far you’ve only had a few of the pieces. As more of those pieces come in you start to unlock a broader construct of how she relates to her sons, and I think the best thing about Alma for me is that there’s this incredible tension between the horrific abuse and terrible experiments she’s suffered and the horrifying forces she is able to unleash on the world. Playing on that and how it relates to the brothers has been a very enjoyable aspect of the story.

The first person shooter genre is competitive. What key qualities do you feel shooters must have to stand out and offer something unique?
DH: First person shooters have to be immersive right now. Now, there’s an awful lot of storytelling going on in the genre and you really want to give the player a sense that they’re in a real universe that is compelling and that the enemies you’re fighting have a real nemesis feel to them. I think that story and the situations you find yourself in are important in the shooter genre, and there has to be some depth to the game.

What sort of depth are you referring to?
DH: I think specifically it’s like in character development. We spent a lot of time focused on Alma and the Almaverse, along with the backstory. These are all simple themes, but the breadth of the relationship of the brothers Point Man and Paxton Fettel, and how different they are as people…you know, we wanted to make sure that when you picked up the controller, that you had two very unique experiences in each character.

But that it wasn’t just in the realm of how the characters acted in terms of their gameplay mechanics, but their personality and how they dealt with situations, as well as the people they find to be their nemeses, be it some of the new characters or some of the old favourites. They all speak to the breadth of the story.

You’ve also batted around the term ‘divergent co-op’ when describing the co-op mechanic. Could you give us an insight into what that term means to Day One and do you feel that some studios miss a trick by tacking on co-op modes just for the hell of it?
FR: Well right off the bat we started this game with co-op as our main new feature, so every aspect of FEAR 3 went through that co-op filter. I think that’s really important to the development of a co-op game, to start off with it firmly in mind and not have it as something that’s tacked on. So I guess that divergent to us means asymmetrical co-op, so each player has their own unique set of abilities that either work together to create something more than their individual parts.

Or when they are working individually, they’re working around a problem differently and so, when you play as either one of the characters, you are presented with a problem and you have to utilise unique tools to get by those problems.

I’m sure it’s probably easier for you to strike fear in the gamer when they’re playing a solo campaign. How do you achieve the same level of fear in a co-op game?
FR: Well, you’re absolutely right, it’s a huge challenge and to start off we made sure that our single-player experience absolutely retained that first-person, on your own, lone warrior experience that does get you more afraid. That fear element is a mandatory part of our game so we absolutely could not compromise that here.

The addition of co-op brought that new challenge of retaining that same experience. One of the new things we’ve added is our generative system, so that if you are playing with someone else, what happens and how it unfolds will always be a little bit different each time, so it’s going to keep you on your toes whether that other person is there or not.

Playing alongside Fettel must also make for a pretty unsettling experience as well.
FR: We have this whole uneasy alliance thing. Playing with Fettel doesn’t necessarily boost your sense of security and make you feel safer. His motivations are not clear and a little dubious. It’s not like you have a trusted buddy along with you, so you really have to keep an eye on him.

DH: The thing that I'd add to that is when you look at what was successful in the first FEAR, and you think back to the core horror elements. For me the scariest part was when Point Man is going down the ladder and he turns around and you see Alma behind you. I think everybody freaks out when they see her there, as it’s an introduction to her, and how spooky she is. We wanted to make sure we played credence to that in our new characters. You don't know how scary they can be, but we give the player a chance to find out and be scared of them in a fresh way.

FR: And this will also be unpredictable over multiple playthroughs.

Can we expect this relationship between the brothers Point Man and Fettel to evolve a lot after FEAR 3?
FR: That’s a good question. We’re setting up that that can definitely happen. But as of right now, we’ve only extended this beyond FEAR 3 just a little bit. Our goal was to finish FEAR 3 and give it a satisfying conclusion. But we also wanted to make sure that the FEAR universe still has a huge amount of potential to grow.

Fuente: Nowgamer

Lo más interesante: Se introduce el concepto de "almaverso" que ya se atisbó en la segunda parte. Alma altera la realidad y vamos a tener que vérnoslas con el entorno y los monstruos creados por su imaginación.

El Co-op será "divergente". Básicamente que para solucionar los problemas tendremos a Point Man con unas habilidades y Fettel con otras de modo que combinándolas obtendremos un resultado superior a la suma de sus partes.

F.3.A.R. supone una conclusión a la historia de Point Man y Fettel pero el universo F.E.A.R. "tiene potencial para seguir creciendo".

Trailer del Almaverso

Imagen

Tengo mis dudas de que sea oficial.
Info de los Mechas de F.3.A.R.:

Mecha Trailer

Warner has sent over some information, art, and screens for two of F.E.A.R. 3’s mechs which players will control or have to defend against.

One is the Enhanced Power Armor (EPA) mech and the other is the smaller, but “equally lethal”, Power Armor (PA) mech.

Both are equipped with weapons such as dual Trident chain guns, shoulder mounted ballistic missiles and dual Heavy Bore auto-cannons with automatic reloading systems.

Wanna know more about these mechs? Warner has you covered with the following description:
What are the PA and EPA

* The PA (Power Armor) and EPA (Enhanced Power Armor) are two mechanical weaponized vehicles developed by Armacham. Requiring only a single pilot, these machines are easily manned and pack enough power to turn the tide of the battlefield. Their design allows them to drop into combat from far distances, granting the PA and EPA quick access to any hotzone they are needed.

* The PA is smaller and maneuverable, allowing it to operate in tighter conflict areas. Armed with two auto-cannons loaded with explosive rounds, the PA can force its way into where it needs to go. Additionally, the PA has a shoulder mounted energy weapon that not only eliminates threats but has the power to ignite what it touches.

* The EPA is a much different mechanical beast. What it lacks in speed and maneuverability it more than makes up for in firepower. The EPA is a titan, capable of taking on an army with its vast armament. It is equipped with dual chain guns that can rip both man and machine apart along with a ballistic missile system capable of locking on to the most evasive of targets. The EPA is Armacham’s most deadly weapon and the damage it can create in the wrong hands is staggering.

A Brief History of the PA and EPA

* Mechanical combat has been a part of the F.E.A.R. series from the beginning. The PA and EPA are a theme that has carried through all three games.

* The PA was originally developed by Armacham as part of a private military contract to create experimental weapons. Reserved for only the greatest threats to Armacham, the PAs were sent in during F.E.A.R. in response to Fettel’s assault on the organization and Point Man’s infiltration of the facility. While never driven during the game, combat against the PAs were highlights of the single player campaign.

* The EPA was introduced in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin as part of Armacham’s response to cleaning up the aftermath of the origin facility explosion. The EPAs were able to clear out threats in the streets with ease as no conventional weapon can stand up against them. However, the protagonist of the game, Michael Becket, was able to get behind the wheel of the EPA and the results were less than pretty.

In the two previous entries in the series, the PA and EPA have played a role in the player experience and F.E.A.R. 3 “takes that to the next level”.

The PA and EPA in F.E.A.R. 3

Single Player and Divergent Co-op Campaigns

* Following the tradition of the F.E.A.R. series, the PA and EPA play an integral role in F.E.A.R. 3 as well. For this entry the stakes are raised, combat within the vehicles has changed, and Day 1 Studios brings their award-winning history in Mechanized Combat to the equation.

* In F.E.A.R. 3 both the PA and EPA will be available for players to use. All their weapons and abilities are in the game, giving the players a wide array of options to create havoc and destruction. Time spent inside the PA is fast paced and explosive while segments involving the EPA are nothing short of epic.

* These machines, while immensely powerful, are far from indestructible in F.E.A.R. 3. When inside one, strategy and skill are just as important as power. Day 1 Studios has made sure the tension of combat remains high when piloting a PA or EPA. Rest assured, when these vehicles are made available, there will be a veritable army waiting to face them with the skills and tools to destroy the EPA/PA as well as the player.

* The combat systems of the EPA have a great deal of depth. Not only is the EPA equipped offensively, but it also has a limited shield to defend itself. This defensive measure is not indefinite and while activated offensive maneuvers are halved. The decision when to attack, when to defend, and how to manage resources is more important than ever.

* It is also important to note Point Man can drive the PA and EPA at any time. They are also accessible to Fettel, but he must be in a possessed body to take the controls. This adds a layer of depth to Fettel’s strategy as he must allocate his resources accordingly if he wishes to operate a PA or EPA.

* Point Man and Fettel will encounter PAs and EPAs while on foot. These encounters are critical moments as taking on such powerful machines is a monumental task. These engagements are woven throughout the game to add tension to Point Man and Fettel’s journey to reach Alma.

The shooter has slipped into 2011, as you well know by now, but once released it will grace PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Fuente: VG247

Tienen pinta de ser unos bastardos muy duros.
Divertido video de Day 1 Studios: ¿Qué haríais con los poderes de Point Man y Fettel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaueJP0n5yE&feature=sub

Y una preview de Gamestyle. Nada demasiado nuevo:

“Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is evolving the F.E.A.R. brand with top horror, co-op and first person shooter combat in F.E.A.R. 3,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Monolith Productions has passed the torch to Day 1 Studios to create a quality, powerful game that stays true to the roots of the F.E.A.R. franchise but takes players to a heightened level of gameplay.”

We’ve enjoyed the series, whether it’s the original F.E.A.R., the F.E.A.R. Files or the disappointing F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin. Yes, that’s a whole lotta fear in one sentence and for some players the series needs to expand its horizons. F.E.A.R. 2 confirmed the lack of variety and struggled to sustain player interest. In this edition Alma Wade returns to wreck havoc on those responsible for her inner demons. Her two sons Point Man and Paxton Fettel are present in this release as the team seek to introduce a co-operative dynamic. Immediately this is a risky strategy as Resident Evil 5 displayed, one that often alienates solo players in favour of those with friends.

The two brothers have their own unique abilities, with Fettel relying on his devastating telekinetic powers to overcome opponents. Point Man in comparison is far more hands on, a genetically enhanced super soldier who appeared in the first F.E.A.R. game. The inclusion of co-operation and an enhanced cover system acknowledges current gaming trends, but F.E.A.R. has always been about scares, atmosphere and not knowing what is lying around the corner. Especially after witnessing the explosive ability of Alma and the devastation she can call upon. Gamestyle remains optimistic that in the chase for sales, the team haven’t lost sight of what makes the franchise unqiue.

“After working closely with Monolith, Day 1 is honoured to bring the next iteration of the F.E.A.R. franchise to gamers with key elements of the past games yet providing fresh combat and horror experiences in F.E.A.R. 3,” said Denny Thorley, Founder and President, Day 1 Studios. “Players can look forward to new features such as divergent co-op, an evolved cover system, and more scares in F.E.A.R. 3.”

Events begin when Point Man and his F.E.A.R. team are handed a mission to neutralise a serial killer with a taste for human flesh. The killer also possesses a decent level of telepathically ability and has also targeted Paxton Fettel as his next victim. The family as it were, cannot allow this to happen and close ranks with Alma, Point Man and Paxton working together. Expect plenty of twists and more answers to the origins of the series as we step into the inner circle of Alma. The basis for a co-operative mode seems understandable as both brothers offer unique skills and approach confrontations in decidedly different manners. While Point Man can use his slow-mo ability to gain the upper hand, Paxton cannot offer any physical resistance and must play mind games. The ability to possess a rival and turn him upon his colleagues is an efficient tactic. Plus we’ve seen in the overlooked Gamecube release Geist that such skills can open up a whole new spectrum of game play.

Visually more than ever before, F.E.A.R. 3 feels like its current. Previously it always felt that you were playing a port of an older PC release. In some ways this was very much the case, but the console first person market is relentless and unforgiving. Fans were attracted to the series because of its atmosphere and story, not cutting edge graphics. From what we’ve seen this release is current without challenging Gears or War 2 or Halo: Reach graphically. We’ll settle for that alongside more variety and hopefully a return to form for the series.

Fuente: Gamestyle
Lugal escribió:El guion del juego que esta hecho por unos niños de primaria? Porque es jodidamente malo...

Espero que por lo menos recupere la esencia del uno, y me vuelva a acojonar con aquella inmersiva historia.

Más bien todo lo contrario, eh. La historia de F3AR estará hecha por el director de cine John Carpenter y por el guionista Steve Niles.
Ya se ha confirmado la nueva fecha de lanzamiento de F.3.A.R. También algunos detalles de los bonus que obtendrán quien hagan preorder en alguna de estas tiendas: Amazon, Best Buy y Gamestop.

F.E.A.R. 3 has been given an updated release date, publisher Warner Bros. confirmed.

The third title in the first-person horror series will now ship worldwide on March 22, 2011 for PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3. The game was originally scheduled to ship this holiday, but was delayed into next year for unspecified reasons.

Warner Bros. also confirmed several retail-exclusive pre-order items.

Here are the details:

Amazon: A 12-page F.E.A.R. 3 comic book that acts a prequel to the game and takes place after the events of the original F.E.A.R. The story is written by Steve Niles, illustrated by Stefano Raffaele and published by D.C. Comics.

Best Buy: Exclusive access to The Shredder, a choice weapon for taking down rogue super soldiers. The gun fires heavy rounds with nitrates that acts "like a fire breathing dragon in your hand."

Gamestop: Players will receive The Hammer, Paxton Fettel's original sidearm. The gun packs .50 caliber rounds that do nearly twice the damage compared to a standard sidearm.

Fuente: IGN

Cuanto daño hacen los Call of Duty madre mía.
Nuevo video de parte de golden para vuestro deleite ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvjiyTiLZUU
Compra segura, el 2 tuve que dejarlo un par de veces del acojone... pero al final lo acabé. TREMENDO!
Avance de F.3.A.R. en 3Djuegos:

A pesar de que, como ya adelantamos en el Primer Contacto que establecimos con F.E.A.R. 3 hace unos meses, la tercera entrega de la terrorífica saga de acción no estará desarrollada por sus habituales responsables, Monolith, lo cierto es que los chicos de Day 1 Studios están haciendo un buen trabajo a la hora de atraer la atención sobre el nuevo capítulo de la saga.

A pesar de que estamos hablando de los responsables de títulos tan discretos como Fracture, F.E.A.R. Files o los discretos ports a consolas del primer F.E.A.R., lo cierto es que con un proyecto de tanta enjundia, el equipo de Chicago parece dispuesto a despegar en el panorama de los estudios especializados en shooters.

Condenados a Entenderse
El debut de F.E.A.R. 3 en el componente cooperativo de cara a la prensa ha venido de la mano de una demostración estrictamente cooperativa de un nivel de la campaña del programa. Como ya adelantamos en su momento los personajes protagonistas serán dos: un supersoldado, Point Man, y el anterior villano Paxton Fettel, que cuenta ahora con la capacidad de ocupar los cuerpos de los enemigos y que aporta el contrapunto estratégico al perfil más orientado a la acción del "Hombre Objetivo".

Nuestra némesis en el primer videojuego de las series se convierte ahora en un poderoso aliado que tiene la capacidad de levantar a nuestros enemigos en el aire, usar sus poderes telekinéticos para arrojarles objetos explosivos encima, o incluso congelar sus movimientos para que sean un blanco fácil para su compañero. Como decimos un contrapunto de corte más táctico que, combinado con el poderío en las armas del otro jugador, hará de ambos personajes un combo que aportará increíbles réditos ofensivos.

Con una ventaja tan asombrosa a nuestro favor, parece claro que la IA de los enemigos debe estar a idéntica altura. Las series F.E.A.R., de hecho, han sido tradicionalmente reverenciadas por contar con una inteligencia artificial tremendamente avanzada, y este tercer episodio de la franquicia no promete ser una excepción. Lo que se busca para esta ocasión es un procedimiento que arroje enemigos sobre nosotros de forma aleatoria, asegurándose el juego de este modo de sorprender constantemente al usuario con hordas de oponentes que surgen de los lugares más insospechados.

Zombies y demonios entre el bando más ficticio de nuestros enemigos, y supersoldados entre los más palpables serán los retos a los que deberemos plantar cara. Por supuesto no faltará la propia Alma y las terroríficas visiones que protagonizará en la mente de nuestros (anti)héroes casi constantemente. A parte de ello, y para dotar a la experiencia de variedad, también se han mostrado secuencias a bordo de mechs, algo que ha venido siendo tradicional en la saga desde hace unos años.

No obstante lo que también había sido constante en la franquicia eran los entornos urbanos y los mapeados, muy bien trazados en cuanto a mapeado y posibilidades, pero excesivamente reciclados y reiterativos. Los chicos de Day 1 Studios tratan de luchar contra ello ofertando una variedad enorme en este sentido, un fantástico punto a su favor. De hecho uno de los niveles que se ha mostrado ha sido el de un bosque envuelto por la oscuridad de la noche, muy diferente a las oficinas, almacenes y zonas industriales que caracterizaban a sus predecesores.

Las armas también parecen destinadas a aportar el plus de diversidad que le hace falta a la fórmula. Sus responsables se han centrado en una devastadora arma de energía llamada Laser Blaster, que de hecho es capaz de prender fuego a los árboles de la mencionada zona forestal y atrapar a nuestros demoníacos rivales entre sus llamas. Una interacción con el entorno que en el pasado no pasaba de lo puramente cosmético, y que en esta ocasión parece que tendrá también interesantes beneficios jugables.

F.E.A.R. 3 se pondrá a la venta en PC, Xbox 360 y PlayStation 3 el 22 de marzo del año 2011. Todavía queda tiempo para conocer más de su propuesta y profundizar más en este imposible equipo que forman Paxton Fettel y Point Man.

Fuente: 3Djuegos
Terminé el 2. Un juego de 7.5 digamos, pero el 3 pinta mejor. Esperemos que no decepcione.
F.3.A.R. felicita las fiestas desde su página de facebook:

Imagen
goldenaxeband escribió:F.3.A.R. felicita las fiestas desde su página de facebook:

Imagen

Jajaja que bueno. Pues eso, felices terrorificas fiestas XD
A mi el 2 me gustó mucho, lo vi original y diferente, el 3 fijo que cae también.
Marcotic-Track escribió:A mi el 2 me gustó mucho, lo vi original y diferente, el 3 fijo que cae también.

¿Original?, ,epa que no jugaste al 1...
Se retrasa por segunda vez. Ahora es hasta mayo para pulirlo.

As we just came to your ears, is F.3.AR, also known as FEAR 3 has been postponed again. After the title should appear as early as last October and was now scheduled for March, this is the second shift.

Reason for the shift is to be the necessary fine-tuning that the developers FEAR 3 apparently could not yet give sufficient. Here again the exact wording from the official forum:

Please be strong now: As we just learned from the United States to move FEAR 3 on May 2011. The developers need more time to fine tune the game.

Fuente: Playconsol
Edición coleccionista de F.3.A.R:

Warner Bros nos presenta en exclusiva la edición coleccionista de F.E.A.R.3, que hará las delicias de los
fans de la saga.
Incluye:

* Una copia de F.E.A.R.3
* Comic de F.E.A.R.3 producido por DC Comics
* Figura de coleccionista de "Alma". Brilla en la oscuridad.
* Arma exclusiva - The Hammer.
* Estuche metálico para acabar la colección.

Dicen que una imagen vale más que mil palabras, así que espero que disfrutéis de este exclusivo vídeo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCeBONSiEI

Fuente: Fear3.es
Preview en IGN.

Making a genuinely scary videogame is no easy task – the most skilled of developers rely on a delicate mixture of scripted moments, subtle audio and video cues, magician-style misdirection and cunning AI in order to keep player nerves on edge. Of course, such efforts must be doubled when you're building a campaign mode that aims to both scare and facilitate co-op play – after all, how can you maintain tension when you've got a buddy chattering away in your headset earpiece and tea-bagging every second enemy you kill?

Valve's Left 4 Dead series manages to keep panic levels high thanks to its dynamic artificial intelligence system, which effectively randomises the locations of enemies and items each time you play through one of its B-movie inspired scenarios. Day 1 Studios, the maker of F.E.A.R. 3, is aiming to achieve something similar with what it has dubbed its "generative scare system".

The generative scare system applies to both scripted horror moments and enemy AI in an effort to enforce an air of unpredictability to both the single-player and co-op experience of F.E.A.R. 3.

Check out the F.E.A.R. 3 Department Store level!

"With the generative scare system, the AI and scare moments are going to be reactive to how you play the game," explains senior producer Dan Hay. "So if you're playing F.E.A.R. 3 in single-player you're going to have one experience, but then if you play it in co-op you're going to have a subtly different experience."

The emphasis is on "subtly different" here; F.E.A.R. 3 is a far more story-driven game than Left 4 Dead and thus it can't afford to randomise its gameplay as severely. Instead it creates an uneasy tension each time you play through one of its levels by shifting things up just enough so that you're equally as suspicious of what is lurking in the dark as what isn't.

For example, during our hands-on with the department store level of the game, a Warner Games representative prepped us in advance to watch for ominous ramblings written in blood to flash up on a wall in one of the meat storage areas. It didn't happen, and instead we found ourselves staring in confusion at an otherwise pristine wall while a snarling enemy launched at us from the periphery of the screen and scared the crap out of the both of us, leaving us shivering in each other's arms like Shaggy and Scooby-Doo.

This corridor lit only by HDTV screens is one of the more eery sections of F.E.A.R. 3's department store level.

"[The second time you play through the game] you're feeling like an expert, you've played the game and you know exactly what's going to happen," continues Hay. "And then you get that false positive, and all of a sudden you're back on your heels a bit. So our goal was that each time you play the game you're going to have an overall similar experience, it's just that each individual encounter has the possibility of being subtly unique."

Multiple run-throughs of the store level revealed a number of surprises that weren't there the first time, from freakish corpses that hung from the ceiling like fleshy chandeliers to crazed enemies that scurried along window glass like spiders. None of these changes made a dramatic difference to the gameplay, but the impact on the tension level was certainly tangible.

Enemies won't just surprise you from within your line of sight either; they can emerge from any direction in F.E.A.R. 3 which is why Day 1 has implemented a 360 degree cover system this time around. At the press of a button, you can bind to a nearby piece of cover and mantle over it if need be in order to place that cover between you and your attacker. It's a system that worked smoothly against lone enemies during our hands on, although we'd be interested to see just how intelligent the cover system is when you're confronted with several foes from multiple directions at once.

The use of cover seemed to be slightly less important during our playthrough of the same department store level in co-op mode, naturally so as we had a second player watching our back. In co-op, one player controls series protagonist Point Man while the other plays as Paxton Fettel, Point Man's brother and the antagonist from the original game.

The game generates a lot of its scares with 'now you see it, now you don't' flashes of horror.

The gameplay experience differs quite substantially between the two characters; Point Man presents a familiar F.E.A.R. experience with an arsenal of high-powered weapons and the ability to go into slow-motion bullet time during a firefight, while Fettel (who is a ghost) relies on supernatural abilities such as telekinesis and the ability to possess his enemies.

You can think of it as like taking the protagonist from BioShock and splitting him in half; Point Man representing his gun-toting right hand, and Fettel his plasmid power-wielding left. Certainly during our time with the game we found the latter to be the more enjoyable character given that he essentially represents the best of both worlds – Fettel can either lift enemies up in the air and blast them with psychic energy, or possess them and shoot other enemies with whichever weapon they have equipped in a more conventional FPS manner. It remains to be seen if the team at Day 1 can balance the two characters so that they're equally as appealing to players – after all, nobody would want to be a gun-toting Stormtrooper when they could essentially be the all-powerful Darth Vader.

Point Man's slow-mo shooting comes in handy when tracking these high-jumping foes.

Still, the marked difference between Point Man and Fettel, both in terms of abilities and moral agendas only serves to add another layer of tension to the experience, according to the folks at Day 1.

"Fettel is your brother and your partner that you're playing co-op with, but at the same time these guys don't trust each other at all," says Hay. "Fettel has his own agenda. If you're playing as Fettel you might want to pander to his evil personality, stay silent, not share what you find, and be off doing your own thing."

Of course if you're not at all interested in playing through F.E.A.R. 3 with a buddy in co-op, you don't have to worry about being saddled with an idiotic AI partner who blocks doorways and steals ammo a la Sheva from Resident Evil 5, as you play the single-player entirely solo as Point Man.

"The story is the same in both single-player and co-op," says Hay. "In co-op, Fettel is beside you, in single-player he's in your head."

Reducing such a powerful and versatile character like Fettel down to being merely a co-op only secondary character may seem like a strange design choice, and it will be interesting to see how F.E.A.R. fans react. It certainly seems like Day 1 is shaping a co-op experience that will be scary for two players, but perhaps the real question is: will it be fun enough for one? We'll find out when F.E.A.R. 3 launches in May.

Fuente: IGN

Y video: http://au.ign.com/videos/2011/02/01/fea ... ctid=45906
Podremos jugar cada nivel con Paxton Fettel una vez superado cada nivel del modo campaña con Point Man.

FEAR 3's dark character Paxton Fettel Point Man has shed his brother and is now alone and ready to mingle in the single player mode of FEAR 3. Paxton Fettel Interactive Entertainment that is available as a playable character in the single player campaign and unlock at the end of each level you have completed first as Point Man.

Fuente: PS3clan

Y nuevo trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vUBcEJjj4A
¿Se sabe algo mas del juego?,ya que comento que se retrasaba a mayo,pero no he visto una fecha para señalar.

Saludosssss
kazama escribió:¿Se sabe algo mas del juego?,ya que comento que se retrasaba a mayo,pero no he visto una fecha para señalar.

Saludosssss

24 de mayo - USA
26 de mayo - Europa
goldenaxeband escribió:
kazama escribió:¿Se sabe algo mas del juego?,ya que comento que se retrasaba a mayo,pero no he visto una fecha para señalar.

Saludosssss

24 de mayo - USA
26 de mayo - Europa

Ok,muchas gracias por la info [oki]

Saludosssss
Revelado el modo 'Fucking Run' del multiplayer de F.3.A.R.:

F.E.A.R. 3 had a big presence at PAX East this year, and it didn’t take much to make the impact that it did. Day 1 Studios has given us a hands-on demo with the game on the show floor, allowing us to take on the “Fucking Run” multiplayer game mode.

You may be able to call “Fucking Run” F.E.A.R. 3‘s “Horde” or “Firefight” mode, similar to the competitive survival game modes featured in Gears of War 2, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach. But “Fucking Run” is an entire new ballgame. It’s similar in the way players will be forced to fight for their lives against waves of enemies and compete to see who gets the most kills and scores the most points, but there is one huge twist. There is a giant wall of death — and it is chasing you. It won’t stop, and you need to fucking run away from it (thus the name of the mode). It’s actually not a physical wall, but in the form of a a giant rolling fog, complete with creepy faces embedded in the fog; it’s lets you know Alma (F.E.A.R. antagonist) has presence even in the multiplayer. The developers thought long and hard for such a fitting entity for the multiplayer mode. When it came to “Fucking Run,” Day 1 Studios wasn’t playing around.

The map I played took place in the streets of the city — it was dark and gloomy, had narrow streets and tight alleyways, and even rooftops were plentiful. You scurry out of a gate, running and gunning, taking down enemies in front of you whose goal is to impede your progress, all while moving as fast as you can to ensure that the wall of death doesn’t catch up to you. Even though this multiplayer mode was the first mode to be demoed, it was also the first time we were able to see the game running in front of us, let alone play it.

The game plays great, and the focus at first was to get used to the actual game, but once you’re comfortable, it is one hell of a shooter. The game can be slow, but it feels extremely smooth, and the gun play is done rather well. It’s satisfying, gratifying, and downright fun, like it should be. “Fucking Run” is one of the most satisfying and gratifying game modes there ever was in a shooting game, in my opinion. The pressure of having to cover your teammates, pushing forward, and take out enemy troops — all while making sure you’re not wasting any time at all — provides for one of the most fun, challenging, and hectic game experiences I have had in a while. Every millisecond counts in this mode; if you take even a few seconds too much time to take out some enemies or to push forward, that wall of death will get you and end the game. And if the wall gets even one of you, it’s game over for everyone. It’s a game mode that demands skill, teamwork, patience, and quick judgement. If it wasn’t for the already great looking story mode, including the cooperative campaign mode, “Fucking Run” sold me the second time I played it.

Check out screenshots of F.E.A.R. 3‘s “Fucking Run” at the gallery.

If you are in the area, and you have tickets to PAX East, head over to the Warner Brothers booth and check out “Fucking Run”. If you are not in the area, be sure to stick around for more coverage of the show, as well as video footage of “Fucking Run” in action here at Scrawl

Fuente: Scrawlfx

Básicamente el modo "Fucking Run" consiste en derrotar a hordas y hordas de enemigos para ver quien consigue más muertes pero con un pequeño giro: hay una especie de barrera psíquica, irresistible e invencible que avanza inexorablemente hacia nosotros bajo la apariencia de una siniestra niebla. Si nos alcanza acabará con nuestra vida.

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen
Lol,pinta guapo ese modo de juego! la verdad es que espero mucho de esta entrega,pq el modo campaña del Fear 2 me parecio 50 veces mas entretenido y divertido que el de Killzone 2...lástima que su online fuera tan simple. Si meten en esta entrega un online algo más currado yo creo que triunfará bastante.
retuiteo está baneado por "spamer"
Nuevo e impresionante vídeo en castellano para mostrarnos la historia de FEAR 3. Tiene una pinta increíble por cierto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSmN9mxTLlI

saludos!
retuiteo escribió:Nuevo e impresionante vídeo en castellano para mostrarnos la historia de FEAR 3. Tiene una pinta increíble por cierto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSmN9mxTLlI

saludos!

Yeeeah, pinta awesome.
Algunos concepts con sus descripciones:

Imagen

Scavenger
Scavengers have an unmatched hunger and aggression. However, they are disciplined enough to work together as they hunt their prey.

As soon as one member of a pack senses a potential quarry, all members of the pack work to surround the target by creating a perimeter using the floor, walls and ceiling.
Once the Scavengers have gained position, they begin attacking one-by-one in a Hit-n-Run style attack. When an assault begins, attacks continue by alternating Scavengers in a coordinated rhythm.

Imagen

Creep
The Creep is a warped reflection of the human condition. Its malformed physique is torturously crafted by its own hatred and misanthropy. It has one goal and that is to kill Point Man and his brother, Paxton Fettel.

Where this creature came from and why it wants the two dead is unknown. The only clear fact is that is even frightens Alma, which is a testament to the Creep's power.

Imagen

Cultist
Cultists are crazed enemies that typically appear in groups and charge madly at the player. Distances the Cultists ambush from are close enough to be startling, but also allow the player sufficient time to take aim and fire before being overwhelmed.

Cultists melee attacks come in two types - Approach attacks and Close Quarter attacks. This difference is based on whether the AI is already near the player versus running towards the player.

Imagen

Cannibal
Cannibals hide in ambush till the player nears and then they quickly attack and dart away to another location to lie in wait to ambush again. Cannibals occasionally hide in a pile of "posed" dead bodies and pop up and surprise the player at the last moment. Additionally, certain cannibals have a ranged attack, throwing knives at the player.
Más enemigos:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment presenta, los enemigos de Armachan que nos harán la vida imposible en el esperado videojuego F.E.A.R. 3.

Phase Commander

Imagen

Los soldados de fase son humanos con la tecnología necesaria para convertirse momentáneamente en seres insustanciales. Esto les permite atravesar materiales sólidos como paredes y otras superficies. Cuando atacan, estos soldados se mueven a través de obstáculos sólidos para alcanzar posiciones tácticas es decir, posiciones para flanquear, atacar por la espalda o simplemente acortar distancias hasta sus enemigos. Como recurso defensivo, los soldados de fase atraviesan paredes y otros objetos para poner obstáculos entre ellos y sus enemigos. Se trata de enemigos poderosos, inteligentes y formidables, con fuerza, conocimientos tácticos y armamento para convertirse en un duro rival.

Sniper

Imagen

Los francotiradores suelen situarse a gran distancia del jugador. Se mantienen a cubierto y sólo se dejan ver cuando tienen el blanco a tiro. Antes de disparar, los francotiradores apuntan con la mirilla láser de su arma al objetivo. Este láser alerta al jugador de la presencia de un francotirador y permite conocer su ubicación temporalmente.

Heavy Rocket

Imagen

Al igual que los francotiradores, los enemigos armados con lanzacohetes aparecen con frecuencia a cierta distancia del jugador. Cuando apuntan, un láser verde marca su objetivo. Este láser alerta al jugador de la presencia de un enemigo con lanzacohetes y permite conocer su ubicación temporalmente.

Heavy Riot

Imagen

Seguros y disciplinados, los antidisturbios utilizan sus escudos protectores para avanzar de manera constante y destruir a sus objetivos. Estos enemigos son los más agresivos de todos los soldados Armacham y siempre intentan acercarse lo máximo posible a su objetivo. Sus escudos apenas dejan visibles los puntos vulnerables y ofrecen una gran protección contra las armas de fuego.

Grunts

Imagen

Agresivo y disciplinado, los Armacham "Grunts" tienden a buscar cobertura para intentar emboscar a sus objetivos. Los "Grunts" se coordinan con otros miembros del escuadrón para proporcionar fuego de cobertura, realizar maniobras de asistencia y búsqueda o simplemente patrullar.
Los “Grunts” tienen la capacidad de salvar obstáculos y barreras. Además, pueden trepar y arrastrarse por debajo de obstáculos.
retuiteo está baneado por "spamer"
Nuevo vídeo en castellano del esperado FEAR 3 y en el que se nos muestra el modo multijugador, así como sus distintos modos de juego online, incluyendo cooperativo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMs66h-5h1g

Saludos!
Gracias x las imágenes y el video,lástima que no veo demasiada mejora gráfica en estas últimas screens... las texturas de la mano del prota son horribles xD
Que pasada las imagenes, el F.E.A.R. es la ostia XD
Retrasado hasta junio:

F.E.A.R. 3 will not be coming out on May 27 as previously announced a month ago by Warner Bros. Interactive, according to a tweet from online retailer GameGears.

The tweet stated flatly: "News: FEAR 3 Slips to June release." Warner Bros. Interactive has yet to comment on the news.

Fuente: Strategy Informer
Pues sí, lo retrasan para el 24 de Junio (según warner)

Una pena :( pq lo esperaba con muchas ganas. Ya tenía reservada la edición coleccionista y todo...
111 respuestas
1, 2, 3