Scogger HD, port para PS3.

El juego homebrew de la famosa rana saltarina de Scognito a sido portado también a PS3:

Another console bought, another console hacked, another Scogger born
Imagen

First frog in High Definition

Long time has passed since first DS release, so this port was a chance to celebrate a new version with updated graphics

The game was ready since March, but I’m so lazy that only moon eclipse changed my mind

If not interested in nerd stuff jump over to screenshot section otherwise continue reading…

Some “tech” speak

Despite my usual coding practice (code on pc, compile, run on console) it was faster for me to port Scogger Wii version on PC, make all modifications (gfx mainly), and finally re-port on PS3.

This way helped me to make all changes (even small ones) without move the executable to USB stick, install on PS3, run, for each time I make a modification on the code.
Thanks to SDL library I ported the original game on PC in a breeze, then I started changing every single image, add some sort of animation and writing some sort of animation code, tweaking with frames, rewrite menu code, polishing the trash code… so I did 90% of the work PC side. Porting it over on PS3 was (almost) straightforward.
What I used on PS3 side was initially SDL for PS3 but it was software accelerated and (at time of writing) extremely slow to render images on a 1280×720 screen.
I decided then to change the graphic code to use HermesEOL’s tiny3d lib, just one day before he decided to leave the scene
SDL Mixer was used for sound, and it works great, except I had some issues with sound some effects that I solved with some dirty hack

About the release

Seems that almost everyone having a PS3 “hacked” was interested only in piracy, and just a little percentage of homebrew that isn’t the XXX loader, was an emulator (and I like them!).

I didn’t see many homebrew…and a site like wiibrew doesn’t exists, not counting I didn’t find any support on IRC channels (#ps3dev/#PSL1GHT are dead/don’t have support) or a useful forums like the wiibrew one.

Fortunately situation seems to be changing, thanks to people like @KaKaRoToKS and his humblehomebrew site (sign/donate!), but I think this is my only PS3 homebrew

Anyway here is the last incarnation of the frog, I hope you’ll enjoy the game!

Head over my drunkencoders page, but please report bugs here

Thanks

As usual, in random order:
■ooPo, Aaron, Seigher, and others for ps3toolchain, ps3chain and ps3libraries
■AerialX, phiren, MattP and others for PSL1GHT and suggestions
■zeldin and cebash for SDL_PSL1GHT and SDL_PSL1GHT_Libs
■HermesEOL for tiny3d

Descarga

XD XD XD XD XD
Otra cosita más para la colección de homebrew. Gracias por el aporte.

Un saludo!
estas cosas son un avance para la scene... aunque el juego no me llame mucho aplaudo su salida [oki]
Todo homebrew se agradece!!!
pero la scene no estaba muerta ? jejeje
gracias por la info aprendiz
saludos
Dios xD tiene la música del SuperFrog ^ ^ que recuerdos, esta bien no lo había probado nunca el juego este.
Lo malo que es bastante corto y fácil, solo diez pantallas me las he hecho en un par de minutos xD, debería de tener editor de niveles o algo, por lo demás esta wapo :P
EVILRAVER escribió:pero la scene no estaba muerta ?

Parece ser que eso dicen [qmparto] [qmparto] [qmparto] [qmparto]
Na, gracias por el aporte, el_aprendiz.
Me he hecho una carátula en plán rápido para decorar mis carpetas homebrew... pero imagino que habrá alguna manera de enlazarlo desde Multiman también.

Por si a alguien le interesa la comparto...

Imagen
EVILRAVER escribió:pero la scene no estaba muerta ? jejeje
saludos

Es que si no es para cargar backups o jugar online no es scene.</ironic>

La scene, ahora está más viva que nunca.

Un saludo
r04drunner escribió:
EVILRAVER escribió:pero la scene no estaba muerta ? jejeje
saludos

Es que si no es para cargar backups o jugar online no es scene.</ironic>

La scene, ahora está más viva que nunca.

Un saludo

y quien es el que a dicho que la scene esta muerta, si ahora no hacen mas que salir cosas(homebrew) por todos lados xD.
10 respuestas