'romc' VC Compressor

For encoding a rom for use in the latest versions of
the Nintendo 64 Virtual Console emulator. Currently
supported by games such as Cruis'n USA and Kirby 64.

Usage:
Encode a rom to romc format
'romc e input output'

Decode a romc file back to a rom
'romc d input output'

Note:
Although many roms will save space with compression,
Some roms will actually gain space instead of saving
space when compressed due to the algorithm (ex: RE2)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9MJO39BQ

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3scanb
And what's the point on that? Do you get to spend less space in your wii's NAND or it's just for PC's hdd sake?

If it's the first one, it's a great discovery. If it's the second one it helps too.
You can't use the latest versions of the n64 emulator without compressing the roms.
So it's all about rom-injecting, isn't it? Can't you just use it in order to enlighten the actual vc roms?
I have no idea what 'enlighten the actual roms' means
Great, i was going to ask about where did u find that, but you coded it yourself and you even published it here!

Do compressed roms work under emulators that use no compressed roms? I think they won't, just wondering. (this is what JavierEA is asking)

BTW, do you know aside from kirby which other games use romc?

--------------
JavierEA: los ultimos emuladores llevan la rom comprimida, los ultimos emuladores (juegos de la vc) en teoria deberian ser mejores, lo que supone menos espacio en la nand y mas compatibilidad con los juegos.

Voy a tner que probar el master quest esta noche....muahaha
Podrías traducir para la mayoria de personas de habla hispana por favor
titorino escribió:Podrías traducir para la mayoria de personas de habla hispana por favor

Es una utilidad que permite comprimir las roms de n64, igual que hace nintendo en los ultimos juegos de la consola virtual como el kirby.

La compresion si no recuerdo mal era Lz77.
Muchas gracias , ultimamente hay muchos avances en torno a la consola virtual ,espero que todo esto conlleve mas y mejores emuladores :)
Lástima, el ocarina MQ tan solo se comprime de 32 mB a 31 mB xD
la idea no es comprimir, sino, hacer funcionar las roms con los ultimos emuladores que suponen ser mejores.
Cierto, pero estaria bien que comprimiera más.
11 respuestas