Redada Anti-Pirateria UK

Next-Gen.Biz escribió:Police officers have swooped to make the largest ever console chipping seizure in UK history.

The discovery of chipped Wii and Xbox 360 consoles at a residential property was made after officers first raided a tradesman’s stall at a Halifax market. When his residence was later searched, West Yorkshire Police unearthed a staggering 246 Wii and 168 Xbox 360 consoles.

Also included in the haul were 19 PSPs, 12 DS Lites, 6 PlayStation 2s and 6 PlayStation 3s, along with other pirating material such as computers used for the duplication of copied discs, illegal chips, 300-400 copied games discs, and £5,000 in cash.

The original operation at the market also resulted in the seizure of over 5000 illegal discs with a retail value of over £50,000.

Ed Balls, Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families and one of Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s closest allies, remarked that the operation, codenamed Poseidon, highlighted an excellent use of government funding in the fight against video games copyright crime.

All seized consoles have now been sent to ELSPA’s (Entertainment & Leisure Software Publishers Association) Anti-Piracy Unit (APU) for forensic examination.

“I congratulate West Yorkshire Trading Standards and west Yorkshire Police for what stands as a landmark seizure of chipped consoles and illegally copied discs. The scale of the operation and the removal of counterfeit material from the market place will have an immediate impact on local businesses in the area,” said Michael Rawlinson, managing director of ELSPA.

“Copyright crime is driven by greed and causes a loss of millions of pounds to retailers of West Yorkshire and to members of the music and entertainment industry every year,” said Graham Hebblethwaite, chief officer of West Yorkshire Trading Standard.

“The haul of items from this operation should send out a clear warning to individuals involved in the illegal copyright industry that they will dealt with severely. This sort of crime carries a maximum sentence of 10 years imprisonment,” he added.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6712&Itemid=2

USA ya lo hizo, ahora le sigues los británicos.
en vez de dedicarse a cosas mas importantes... en fin, siempre la misma historia.
en vez de dedicarse a cosas mas importantes... en fin, siempre la misma historia.

Pos nada dejarlos que no hacen DAÑO A NADIE, verdad?? [lapota]
En estos temas es dificil fiarse de la prensa, pero si le pillaron en la parada del mercadillo más de 5000 copias no le está mal empleado...
Low Id escribió:

Pos nada dejarlos que no hacen DAÑO A NADIE, verdad?? [lapota]

Tampoco es eso....si vendia juegos piratas no voy a negar que obraba mal, pero tener 300-400 juegos copiados.... (que seguramente serian muchos menos, y le incluirian discos de musica y esas cosas que ni se molestan en mirar...) me juego el cuello a que la mayoria serian de el mismo, total.. tiene una tienda, los juegos le pueden salir baratos.

Lo de los 5000 discos dice la noticia que fue la redada original del mercado, no que ese tio los tuviese el solo, seguramente aprovecharian para hacer una redada general, y sacarian mas de otros lados.

En cuanto al tema de consolas chipeadas, me parece exagerado que tuviese tantas, para mi que usaba su casa como almacen o las chipeaba alli para venderlas despues a los clientes. Las leyes son las leyes no digo que no, pero me sigue pareciendo que hay cosas bastante mas importantes que detener a un tio de una tienda que chipeaba consolas y luego darse bombo y platillo por ello.
me gustaria , saber como le explicaran a los dueños de cada una de esas consolas, que han perdido su propiedad, y que no tienen derecho, a llevarla a un tecnico, para chipearlas
En un pais que se jacta de haber creado el libre comercio, y la libre disponibilidad de los bienes personales
5 respuestas