PS3 Doom

Xttl ha liberado el clasico Doom para PS3, el juego aun tiene que ser pulido ya que por el momento tiene varios pequeños "problemas", no cuenta con audio, solo funciona en 1080p o 1080i y los controles son bastate basicos (aun no se puede usar siquiera el analog sitck).
De cuqluier forma esta muy interesante probarlo ya que es un clasico y ademas cuenta con el codigo fuente liberado para los que deseen aportar algo al proyecto.

Informacion e instrucciones de instalacion.

Right now it only runs in 1920x1080 because the upscaler (the game still renders in 320x200) is hard-coded for this. I set the resolution info in PARAM.SFO correctly so that XMB will not even let you launch it unless you have 1080i or 1080p selected as a supported mode in display options. The controls are also hard-coded and it has no sound or music yet, but because this version is already quite playable (I just played through the whole shareware episode using it) I thought I'd upload it. "Release early, release often" you know. ;-) The 35Hz timer the game requires is implemented using a separate thread that just does usleep(1000000/35); ticker++; all the time because PSL1GHT seems not to have any support for the Cell OS Lv-2 timer syscalls yet (except for sleep & usleep). Timing seems to work OK like this though.

To use this, download the PKG (link later in this post) and install it using "Install package files". Then copy a supported DOOM IWAD to the game's directory (/dev_hdd0/game/DOOM00666/USRDIR/) OR put it on a USB drive (or on a CF/SD/MMC/MS memory card if you have an early PS3 that has the integrated card readers) under /ps3doom/. Then you just launch the game from the XMB icon and it should work.

Para usarlo, descargue el PKG (link mas abajo) e instale el mismo usando "install package files". Despues copie un archivo IWAD soportado al directorio del juego (/dev_hdd0/game/DOOM00666/USRDIR/) O ubiquelo en un pendrive o tarjeta de memoria en el directorio /ps3doom/. Despues solo debes ejecutar el juegos desde el icono en el XMB y este debe funcionar.

The hardcoded controls are:

* D-PAD: Navigate menus and move/turn your character.
* START: Bring up or exit the menu.
* SELECT: Bring up or exit the auto-map. (while in game)
* L1/R1: Strafe left/right.
* L2: Use button. (open doors, activate lifts, exit the intermission screen, etc.)
* R2: Attack button.
* CROSS: Select an option from the menus.
* CIRCLE: Go back to the previous menu.
* SQUARE: Use for YES in menus and cycle to previous weapon in game.
* TRIANGLE: Use for NO in menus and cycle to next weapon in game.

Supported IWADs:
IWADS soportados:

doom2.wad (DOOM 2: Hell on Earth)
doom.wad (The Ultimate DOOM or regular registered DOOM)
plutonia.wad (Final DOOM: Plutonia Experiment)
tnt.wad (Final DOOM: TNT - Evilution)
doom1.wad (shareware DOOM)

Use the latest versions (v1.9) of IWADs only or don't complain if something breaks. Especially the earliest versions of DOOM 1 are problematic.

Use solamente las ultimas versiones de los IWADS (V.19) o no reclame si algo falla. Especialmente las primeras versiones de DOOM 1 son problematicas.

edit: forgot one more thing: The filenames are case sensitive, so rename your IWAD to all lowercase if necessary ("doom2.wad", not "DOOM2.WAD").

Una cosa mas : Los nombres de los archivos se diferencian en mayusculas o minusculas, siendo asi, renombre su IWAD a minusculas si es necesario ("doom2.wad", no "DOOM2.WAD").

Link al PKG: http://taateli.fi/ps3doom/ps3doom_v001.pkg
Link al source: http://taateli.fi/ps3doom/ps3doom_v001_src.zip
Fuente: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/release-ps3-doom-71117/
Mañana lo pruebo sin falta

Un saludo
No podia faltar el gran Doom!!
Esperare a que lo pulan un poquillo mas para probarlo, pero cualquier cosa es bienvenida ;)

Saludos!!!
Bien biennnnnnn, era de eperar que apareciera el mitico port del Doom, esto quiere decir que hay interes por codear en PS3, cada vez veo más claro que PS3 puede ser la candidata perfecta para destronar a la xbox 1 y convertirse en la nueva reina de la Scene XD
Que passada,es una buena noticia aver si lo pulen,de passo acordaros de DUKE NUKEM 3D seria la bomba verlo por la ps3 jajajaja
Mola xD, y encima esta hecho con el PSL1GHT, por lo que se pueden poner los Pkg sin problemas, bajando :D. Aunque bueno, eso aquí en EOL no importa [+risas]
el_aprendiz escribió:Bien biennnnnnn, era de eperar que apareciera el mitico port del Doom, esto quiere decir que hay interes por codear en PS3, cada vez veo más claro que PS3 puede ser la candidata perfecta para destronar a la xbox 1 y convertirse en la nueva reina de la Scene XD

Pues si , va camino a destronar a la xbox 1 .... aunque hasta que no salga un xbmc na na [babas]
Update:

I just uploaded a new version (v0.02) at http://taateli.fi/ps3doom/

It's basically the same as the last one (still 1920x1080 only, the same controls, ...) but it has sound now.

The sound quality is still a bit shitty though (though the pitch should be ok if you compare it vs. the PC version). I'll put in better resampling using libsamplerate, speex-resampler or something later.

For the next release I will probably finally fix the scaler so that it's truly 4:3 and supports all resolutions selectable from XMB and add some kind of a launcher (which will allow you to load PWADs and change the controls)...

A hecho arreglos de sonido y para la prixima version añadira para poder caegar PWADs.

Otro Update:

v3 is now out. Sound effects should work pretty much perfectly now, there’s a simple launcher that will allow you to select an IWAD if you have multiple ones available (no PWADs yet, and the launcher menu only lists the first 10 IWADs it finds which can happen if you have duplicates of them on different storage devices) and in case an error happens after graphics have been initalized, you’ll see the error message on screen. (not just via ethernet debugging if enabled).

I also switched the license to GPLv2 now (the DOOM source is available both under GPL and under another license that basically disallows any commercial use of the work, but allows you to withhold your sources). I had no intention to not release sources anyway, and this allows me to use code from other GPL’d ports. The 720p scaler in use now is from Chocolate Doom (though adapted to work with true transparencies instead of faking them with palette lookup tables) and 1080i/p is done using a similar idea.

v3 supported screenmodes: 1920×1080 and 1280×720. 640×480 and 720×576 STILL DO NOT WORK. Sorry! If you want to force 720p mode when you have 1080i or 1080p available, hold TRIANGLE immediately after you select PS3DOOM’s icon from XMB and keep it held down until the launcher WAD menu appears. This is a workaround until I can figure out a way to query available video modes using PSL1GHT. I don’t just want to assume a particular mode is available, and PSL1GHT’s videoTest example just selects the same mode XMB is running in, which is always the highest resolution available.

You may want to force 720p because the scaler in 1080i/p is a bit slow. ;-)

I also changed the controls to analog now.

XD XD XD XD
Actualización 0.5:

Looks like I can't edit the first post anymore for some reason, heh.
Anyway, here's v0.05 and yeah sorry, I've been kinda lazy. :-D Nothing new really, except that I updated it to compile with latest PSL1GHT and ps3toolchain a couple of days ago AND it should handle quit from XMB properly now.

I have also added a "pseudoretail" package made with geohot's tools for 3.55 users but I can't test it myself yet(I'll update one of my PS3s to 3.55 in a couple of days though). The 3.41 package has a properly signed EBOOT.BIN too now, so after you have installed it you can run PS3DOOM even when you're not booting your 3.41 with a "jailbreak" device attached. :-)

Download from attachments on this post or from my site (linked to in the first post which, like I said, I can't update at the moment).

Para 3.41 users Aquí
Para 3.55 users Aquí

Source

Via: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/release- ... dex10.html

Como bien dice, el autor no puede probar en la versión 3.55 porque no tiene dicha versión, tendréis que probarlos vosotros mismos.

XD XD XD XD XD

PD: Siento el doble post, pero nadie contestaba...
el_aprendiz escribió:Actualización 0.5:

Looks like I can't edit the first post anymore for some reason, heh.
Anyway, here's v0.05 and yeah sorry, I've been kinda lazy. :-D Nothing new really, except that I updated it to compile with latest PSL1GHT and ps3toolchain a couple of days ago AND it should handle quit from XMB properly now.

I have also added a "pseudoretail" package made with geohot's tools for 3.55 users but I can't test it myself yet(I'll update one of my PS3s to 3.55 in a couple of days though). The 3.41 package has a properly signed EBOOT.BIN too now, so after you have installed it you can run PS3DOOM even when you're not booting your 3.41 with a "jailbreak" device attached. :-)

Download from attachments on this post or from my site (linked to in the first post which, like I said, I can't update at the moment).

Para 3.41 users Aquí
Para 3.55 users Aquí

Source

Via: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/release- ... dex10.html

Como bien dice, el autor no puede probar en la versión 3.55 porque no tiene dicha versión, tendréis que probarlos vosotros mismos.

XD XD XD XD XD

PD: Siento el doble post, pero nadie contestaba...

buenas, como lo coloco en la estructura del pendrive para instalarlo en la versión 3.41 oficial ?
Soy un fanatico de este juego, ahora mismo me lo estaba terminando en la Caanoo, porfavor el que lo pruebe a ver si puede poner alguna fotillo y que comente que tal va [360º]
11 respuestas