Video: Adding 'Install Package Files' on PS3 4.00 Dev_Flash Mod

Bueno, paso de poner un ladrillazo. El titulo lo dice todo xD

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2AreZcCe2c&feature

Info:
http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/video-adding-install-package-files-on-ps3-4-00-dev-flash-mod/
Josep1723 escribió:Bueno, paso de poner un ladrillazo. El titulo lo dice todo xD

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2AreZcCe2c&feature

Info:
http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/video-adding-install-package-files-on-ps3-4-00-dev-flash-mod/

Tiene buena pinta, por lo menos se ve que estando dentro del juego al pulsar el PS aparecen las carpetas... pero bueno como siempre, si es un video, hasta que no se libere...
Bueno lo que no dice el titulo es que no se pueden instalar .pkg no firmados por sony todavía, que hacen falta 2 discos duros y el E3 flasher y que todavía esto vale para poco. Pero en fín otro avance, a ver si se va animando la cosa.

the PlayStation 3 XMB.

Note: This modification does not allow the installation / usage of unsigned content / PS3 homebrew etc. This is purely a convenience hack and is aimed for use by those who have hardware flashers which allow dual boot.

After technodon's work creating a modified kiosk dev_flash which lets you install retail signed package files. The restrictions of having to use kiosk firmware inspired me to find a way to add "Install Package Files" for retail firmware.

This is hack does the following things:

adds "★ Install Package Files" and "★ /app_home/PS3_GAME/" to "GAME" on the XMB (allowing the user to install retail package files anytime they want)
adds other debug functions which are small but still there
does not give access to "★ Debug Setting" (reasons for this are explained below)

Installation instructions:

This installation procedure is the similar to technodon's original dev_flash hdd swap procedure

For this you will need two hard drives a e3 flasher or similar device to downgrade your PS3 (assuming that you're on firmware 4.00 and you have an e3 flasher)

downgrade to 3.55 using the downgrade tools from e3 (Of course when downgrading to 3.55 make sure you use a different hdd than the hdd which you were using 4.00)
once booted back into the xmb turn off the console
swap hard drives turn on the system, press the PS button and you will be asked to reinstall the firmware
place the pup file from the e3 downgrade tools in the normal PS3/UPDATE usb folder and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the firmware
then install dev_blind.pkg & Blackb0x FTP from install packages
run dev_blind then BlackB0x and FTP into the console
goto /dev_blind delete everything and replace them with the customised dev_flash
press the ps button and the console should reboot and and ask to reinstall the firmware again, switch off the console and swap the hard drive back
turn on the console press the ps button twice
the console should boot back into 3.55 Rogero
goto system update and install 4.00 OFW
once installed turn the console off again and swap hard drives back and you should boot into a modified 4.00 retail firmware.

Sorry about the camera quality, it's the best I can manage.

P.S. BTW the "nas_plugin.sprx" in this dev_flash has not been altered to achieve "Install Package Files". Also for those who will analyze my modded dev_flash, you will find that I have used debug .sprx files from the a debug 4.00 pup.

P.P.S. I originally intended to get "★ Debug Settings" to work with this. But usage of "debug settings" required the ps3 to use a debug vsh.self, and that crashes the ps3 when trying to load applications (I did some other things as well to prevent the PS3 from giving me a RSOD when I swapped the vsh.self files, I'm not detailing it in public because I don't want Sony to patch it).

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbr ... z1jz9i4xEU
no puede ser un spoof? solo pregunto eh eh no me comais
Poco a poco van saliendo cosas, pero como dicen por arriba solo es un video y como que tampoco se puede fiar uno demasiado...
drake19 está baneado por "clon de usuario baneado"
creo que no es un spoof porque me fije que lleva cosas de la cvita
Reportado, otro hilo de video que no aporta nada mas que rumores y debates si es o no cierto.

P.D.: Comerme si quereis.
Aporta archivos desde luego, aunque todavía parece poco funcional y bastante jaleoso. Yo personalmente ni siquiera puedo testearlo porque no tengo E3 flasher.
Noriko escribió:Reportado, otro hilo de video que no aporta nada mas que rumores y debates si es o no cierto.

no son rumores tengo E3 lo he probado y es cierto ahhh solo puedes instalar pkg oficiales retail

saludos
jose 21 escribió:
Noriko escribió:Reportado, otro hilo de video que no aporta nada mas que rumores y debates si es o no cierto.

no son rumores tengo E3 lo he probado y es cierto ahhh solo puedes instalar pkg oficiales retail

saludos

Hombre si es real me alegra de corazón lo que pasa es que lo de los videos...mas que un video podrían decir como se hace y/o aportar las herramientas, pero bue...

Gracias por probarlo e informar.
the PlayStation 3 XMB.

Note: This modification does not allow the installation / usage of unsigned content / PS3 homebrew etc. This is purely a convenience hack and is aimed for use by those who have hardware flashers which allow dual boot.

After technodon's work creating a modified kiosk dev_flash which lets you install retail signed package files. The restrictions of having to use kiosk firmware inspired me to find a way to add "Install Package Files" for retail firmware.

This is hack does the following things:

adds "★ Install Package Files" and "★ /app_home/PS3_GAME/" to "GAME" on the XMB (allowing the user to install retail package files anytime they want)
adds other debug functions which are small but still there
does not give access to "★ Debug Setting" (reasons for this are explained below)

Installation instructions:

This installation procedure is the similar to technodon's original dev_flash hdd swap procedure

For this you will need two hard drives a e3 flasher or similar device to downgrade your PS3 (assuming that you're on firmware 4.00 and you have an e3 flasher)

downgrade to 3.55 using the downgrade tools from e3 (Of course when downgrading to 3.55 make sure you use a different hdd than the hdd which you were using 4.00)
once booted back into the xmb turn off the console
swap hard drives turn on the system, press the PS button and you will be asked to reinstall the firmware
place the pup file from the e3 downgrade tools in the normal PS3/UPDATE usb folder and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the firmware
then install dev_blind.pkg & Blackb0x FTP from install packages
run dev_blind then BlackB0x and FTP into the console
goto /dev_blind delete everything and replace them with the customised dev_flash
press the ps button and the console should reboot and and ask to reinstall the firmware again, switch off the console and swap the hard drive back
turn on the console press the ps button twice
the console should boot back into 3.55 Rogero
goto system update and install 4.00 OFW
once installed turn the console off again and swap hard drives back and you should boot into a modified 4.00 retail firmware.

Sorry about the camera quality, it's the best I can manage.

P.S. BTW the "nas_plugin.sprx" in this dev_flash has not been altered to achieve "Install Package Files". Also for those who will analyze my modded dev_flash, you will find that I have used debug .sprx files from the a debug 4.00 pup.

P.P.S. I originally intended to get "★ Debug Settings" to work with this. But usage of "debug settings" required the ps3 to use a debug vsh.self, and that crashes the ps3 when trying to load applications (I did some other things as well to prevent the PS3 from giving me a RSOD when I swapped the vsh.self files, I'm not detailing it in public because I don't want Sony to patch it).

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbr ... z1jz9i4xEU

Ahí está como se hace y las herramientas, lo que espero es que esto lleve a algo.
Muchas gracias Silver VII, así debería empezar el post y no con un video, y si encima estuviese traducido entonces sería la pomada.

A ver que se puede hacer con esto, parece interesante, al menos es una base para empezar.
pero si admite pkg oficial NO admitiria ni multiman ni show time ni nada por el estilo no?ya que estan firmados con las keys de Geohot y estan en la lista negra...

digo esto sin saber,puede que sea una burrada!
hOOk3r escribió:pero si admite pkg oficial NO admitiria ni multiman ni show time ni nada por el estilo no?ya que estan firmados con las keys de Geohot y estan en la lista negra...

Estas en lo correcto. Solo admite pkgs firmados con la nueva firma 3.6 +
A ver si me da tiempo y lo traduzco, que voy a ver fallen con mi mujer ;). De todas formas por dar información, parece que este es el metodo que está usando KaKaRoToKS, no lo puedo confirmar 100% porque no estaba prestando mucha atención cuando lo leí, sorry, pero estoy casi seguro a ver si rescato esa info.

De momento es un poco inútil y jaleoso, cómo he dicho antes, pero a ver si se saca algo de esto.
Hola,
Acabo de llegar de currar...buffff 14 horas del tirón. Pido disculpas por lo escueto del 1º post pero es que no tengo tiempo. Sólo quería dejar la noticia sin meter el rollazo en inglés, solo como info.

Nada más un saludo a todos, compis :)
astrilo escribió:
hOOk3r escribió:pero si admite pkg oficial NO admitiria ni multiman ni show time ni nada por el estilo no?ya que estan firmados con las keys de Geohot y estan en la lista negra...

Estas en lo correcto. Solo admite pkgs firmados con la nueva firma 3.6 +

no son nuevas firmas digamos los que llevan la firma original de sony :)

saludos
Quereis que suba el pup para que lo probeis ????
Apuesto lo que sea que este es el metodo de kakarotok, el caso es que el pudo lograr intalar la dev_flash modificada con una forma mas sencilla que esta del video y de este tipo,. hablando de eso ya salio otro metodo con un pkg (es el xmbf, que modifica la dev_flash y pone install files pkg y mas opciones) -veanlo en ps3hax. Ahora el problema es donde esta estancado kakarotok (npdrm para poder ejecutar los pkg) y el metodo de instalacion que es mas sencillo y puede instalarse a un ofw4.00

info del pkg que instala el xmbf (solo desde ofw 3.55- la unica manera de instalarlo desde 4.00 la sabe kakarotok).
info:
've managed to put my efforts into a .pup file, which should make the installation of my mod much easier. Download here http://depositfiles.com/files/lgx485sqa

Also today while I on ps3hax.net where DeViL303 had released a beta of his XMB File Manager (substitute for Install Package Files, but a lot better) and DeViL303 theorized a FW 4.00 port was possible. So I took on the role on making the port for FW 4.00 and after posting it on that thread I integrated it into my firmware. So now I've upgraded my firmware mod and put into a .pup.

Here's some new installation instructions(much shorter, I know isn't great):

1/Be on a firmware 3.55 or less
2/Install the .pup through the XMB (Make sure you have a working hardware flasher as there is no other way to downgrade)

Remember this will NOT ALLOW you to run homebrew. And you can only downgrade from this if you have a Hardware flasher like the E3-Flasher.
haber esto que sea publicado de cambairlo de la dev flash y hacer un pup es facil yo lo podria hacer
ederedereder escribió:haber esto que sea publicado de cambairlo de la dev flash y hacer un pup es facil yo lo podria hacer

Hazlo,pruebalo y comenta. [oki]
estoy en ofw solo se puede instalar desde 355 asi que otra persona deberia probarlo
ederedereder escribió:estoy en ofw solo se puede instalar desde 355 asi que otra persona deberia probarlo

tu cuelgalo aqui y veras como lo prueban ;)
22 respuestas