El padrino IGN:8.0

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/773/773509p1.html

El juego es mas que un ubiport. Hay 30 misiones nuevas ademas de las 30 de la version original. Un monton de tacticas nuevas, movimientos, favores, y demas cosas.
Los controles son muy divertidos, hay muchos y funcionan muy bien. No puedes dejar de atacar a los paseantes porque te lo pasas bomba. Despues de jugar a este juego el de ign dice que no se imagina volver al control clasico.
Los graficos cumplen, aunque eso si, nivel XBOX.

En conclusion un juego muy divertido de jugar. Una buena opcion para el que quiere un juego largo con historia y tal.

US, March 16, 2007 - Ever since the Wii's launch got off to a thunderous start we've been seeing publishers scrambling to pull together new content for the system. While many of these games are Wii-makes - titles that are basically the same, adding in a couple motion controls or a new mission or two - every once in a while we'll get a title that's truly worth its new subtitle. So when EA announced that a specialized version of The Godfather would be heading to Wii, we were instantly curious to see what the new version entitled, and whether or not it was worth the cash for the Nintendo crowd.

Rather than pulling together a basic Wii port of the originally released Godfather game, EA worked to improve on what was there in the previous generation games, tweaking the game's content and structure for the Wii crowd. The company is releasing two games side-by-side (Don Edition on PS3, and Blackhand Edition on Wii) that both build off the core Godfather game, with system-specific tweaks added on. That being said, the game is a far better choice than many of the other Wii-makes out there (especially when comparing it to basic conversions such as Prince of Persia: Rival Swords), as it incorporates a ton of great actions with the Wii controller, is one of the better looking games on the system, and actually banks on the system's strong points.

Everything mentioned in the original review still stands (which we strongly encourage you to read, as it details the entire original release of The Godfather on last-gen systems), though there's simply more content added in. Blackhand Edition features over 25 unique motion controls, allowing you to pair up the nunchuk and Wii remote to deliver jabs, crosses, uppercuts, and power hits when fighting, IR aiming in both lock-on and free aim mode, and a ton of context sensitive grapple moves. It doesn't change the game by leaps and bounds, but after playing it on Wii I really can't see people wanting to go back to the traditional controls.

A shoulder shot gets the job done, but we recommend a well-placed blast to the groin or kneecap. Anyone can live with a shoulder cast…
Along with the control basics, Blackhand Edition adds a ton of extra depth to the game. This content is essentially just more of the same from previous versions, so players that are new to the franchise won't notice the differences, but there's still a ton of extra content nonetheless. Blackhand Edition features nearly 30 new missions (doubling the amount from the previous games), ten new hit missions, an all-new favors, merchant favors, and police chief blackmail missions not included at all in the original games, as well as more weapons, cars, and gang tactics to use. Granted these additions will also be included in the Don Edition for PS3, but it's still a step up from the Xbox version released last year.

Basically you're getting the same core game, a ton of new tactics and items, and more story; not a bad deal. You'll still play as a starting thug for the Corleone household, still try to raise the ranks and become the family Don, and still kick a ton of ass to get there. The game works in the same semi-linear fashion as the Grand Theft Auto series, though it definitely expects you to act in a more civil and strategic way. Anyone expecting to jump into the game and start beating up on the nearest civilian is going to go the route of countless wise-guys before them, as the game forces you to be strategic at every turn.

It's mentioned in the game, and it rings very true indeed; one man with a briefcase can rob as much as 100 men with guns. The Godfather is all about finding businesses, extorting the owners, and taking over the city not with guns, but with edgy diplomacy. Of course there's still plenty of time to go to war with the neighboring families, and we often found ourselves skipping out on the story for a few hours and hiring a few goons to go take down a mob headquarters with us, but the primary focus is on smart gameplay, and that's something that is a definite advantage over the GTA series.

All added features aside, the game still plays nearly identical to the original Godfather game, which is where the motion control comes into play. The Wii adds a new element of depth to the experience, as both the nunchuk and Wii remote become extensions of the player's hands. Grabbing and tossing around people with use of the Wii-mote/nunchuk combination feels great, and the actual act of holding a store-owner by the collar, pulling back a punch, and letting them have it is very rewarding.
US, March 16, 2007 - Ever since the Wii's launch got off to a thunderous start we've been seeing publishers scrambling to pull together new content for the system. While many of these games are Wii-makes - titles that are basically the same, adding in a couple motion controls or a new mission or two - every once in a while we'll get a title that's truly worth its new subtitle. So when EA announced that a specialized version of The Godfather would be heading to Wii, we were instantly curious to see what the new version entitled, and whether or not it was worth the cash for the Nintendo crowd.

Rather than pulling together a basic Wii port of the originally released Godfather game, EA worked to improve on what was there in the previous generation games, tweaking the game's content and structure for the Wii crowd. The company is releasing two games side-by-side (Don Edition on PS3, and Blackhand Edition on Wii) that both build off the core Godfather game, with system-specific tweaks added on. That being said, the game is a far better choice than many of the other Wii-makes out there (especially when comparing it to basic conversions such as Prince of Persia: Rival Swords), as it incorporates a ton of great actions with the Wii controller, is one of the better looking games on the system, and actually banks on the system's strong points.

Everything mentioned in the original review still stands (which we strongly encourage you to read, as it details the entire original release of The Godfather on last-gen systems), though there's simply more content added in. Blackhand Edition features over 25 unique motion controls, allowing you to pair up the nunchuk and Wii remote to deliver jabs, crosses, uppercuts, and power hits when fighting, IR aiming in both lock-on and free aim mode, and a ton of context sensitive grapple moves. It doesn't change the game by leaps and bounds, but after playing it on Wii I really can't see people wanting to go back to the traditional controls.

A shoulder shot gets the job done, but we recommend a well-placed blast to the groin or kneecap. Anyone can live with a shoulder cast…
Along with the control basics, Blackhand Edition adds a ton of extra depth to the game. This content is essentially just more of the same from previous versions, so players that are new to the franchise won't notice the differences, but there's still a ton of extra content nonetheless. Blackhand Edition features nearly 30 new missions (doubling the amount from the previous games), ten new hit missions, an all-new favors, merchant favors, and police chief blackmail missions not included at all in the original games, as well as more weapons, cars, and gang tactics to use. Granted these additions will also be included in the Don Edition for PS3, but it's still a step up from the Xbox version released last year.

Basically you're getting the same core game, a ton of new tactics and items, and more story; not a bad deal. You'll still play as a starting thug for the Corleone household, still try to raise the ranks and become the family Don, and still kick a ton of ass to get there. The game works in the same semi-linear fashion as the Grand Theft Auto series, though it definitely expects you to act in a more civil and strategic way. Anyone expecting to jump into the game and start beating up on the nearest civilian is going to go the route of countless wise-guys before them, as the game forces you to be strategic at every turn.

It's mentioned in the game, and it rings very true indeed; one man with a briefcase can rob as much as 100 men with guns. The Godfather is all about finding businesses, extorting the owners, and taking over the city not with guns, but with edgy diplomacy. Of course there's still plenty of time to go to war with the neighboring families, and we often found ourselves skipping out on the story for a few hours and hiring a few goons to go take down a mob headquarters with us, but the primary focus is on smart gameplay, and that's something that is a definite advantage over the GTA series.

All added features aside, the game still plays nearly identical to the original Godfather game, which is where the motion control comes into play. The Wii adds a new element of depth to the experience, as both the nunchuk and Wii remote become extensions of the player's hands. Grabbing and tossing around people with use of the Wii-mote/nunchuk combination feels great, and the actual act of holding a store-owner by the collar, pulling back a punch, and letting them have it is very rewarding.

◄ Previous 1 2

When using firearms, players can either lock on and use the Wii IR to aim for specific areas (something that works relatively well, aside from a few non-fluid moves here and there), or press the "+" button and go into a total free-aim mode. Free-aim can be tweaked for sensitivity, and while this works great for making distance shots or quickly spinning to hit larger targets, it's often easier just to lock on rather than lining up a precise shot. Still, the option is there, and it's definitely a step above the dual analog option in the other versions.

More importantly than the countless actions or IR control itself is the fact that the motion control just feels fun, and if you take nothing else from review, just take that one point - the motion control is truly fun to use. I found myself actually being a dick in the game simply because it was fun to grab hold of a smart-ass passerby, shout some amazingly generic Italian lingo at my TV screen, and throw him to the ground. I didn't have anything against him… I just wanted to throw a guy, so I did. As the game progressed, I found myself wanting to use less of the guns and more of the physical weapons as well. Sure it's fun to pop a guy in the knee, slowly walk up to him, and put a single revolver shot in his head, but it's oh so rewarding to walk into a heavily-guarded compound, look at a group of shotgun-toting-mobsters, and think "Ya know… I'm just going to beat the ever-loving hell out of these guys with a bat instead." In any other instance I'd lock on, pop the guys once each, and move on without taking a point of damage. With the Wii controllers, I had a chance to actually get my hands dirty instead, and it's a rewarding experience (though the hospital bill was much higher in retrospect).

When words just can’t express how you feel, look to the trusty Louisville Slugger. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
As far as the overall look and presentation, The Godfather: Blackhand Edition is somewhere between a low and high end Xbox game, as the animations and effects are decent, but still not mind-blowing. The game does manage to create a solid mood with use of tons of voice acting (Marlon Brando's last role as the Godfather, in fact), an amazingly deep story - something that Wii gamers aren't getting much of thus far - and a 16:9, 480p presentation. Add in the ability to tweak Wii pointer sensitivity and practice any of the game's motions in a tutorial menu (similar to SSX Blur) and you've got a game that is just as good, if not slightly better, than its predecessors.

All things considered though, the game could still be a substantially better. While the character models and in-game cinemas make for a visually impressive experience the game's overworld map leaves a ton to be desired, as the city itself is very plain. More variety in shops and compound layouts would have been greatly appreciated, and the Wii does suffer from some annoying pop-in issues when trying to draw the landscape on the fly. In addition some of the AI can be horribly moronic, having bystanders caught in animation loops or using the same piece of dialogue twice in a row for no reason. We actually witnessed a police officer running continuously into a street lamp (NYPD's finest indeed), which - needless to say - took us out of the experience quite a bit. Still, even with its shortcomings The Godfather: Blackhand Edition has a ton to offer Wii gamers, and many of the issues it suffers from can still be found in any and every GTA game out there. As long as you can take the good with the bad in some instances, you'll find The Godfather to be a very rewarding experience.

Closing Comments
The Godfather: Blackhand Edition isn’t a perfect game – not by a long shot. The title suffers from the same technical limitations as any other GTA clone out there (pop-in and sketchy AI certainly rings a bell), and the preconceived notion of "Yet another GTA game" may take away from the product's more impressive points for some gamers, and that’s a shame. When it all boils down, though, The Godfather is a great first step on Wii, as it uses more than 25 gestures, IR aiming, and has a ton of features above the original game in the form of new items, missions, gameplay modes (favors and blackmailing specifically), and RPG elements. More important than any list of numbers and features though, is the fact that The Godfather is just fun to play. It’s fun to beat the tar out of store owners with the Wii remote. It’s fun to throw guys through windows and off ledges with actual shoving motions. Hell it’s even kind of fun to honk a car’s horn by pushing forward on the nunchuk. The game has its flaws, it isn’t perfect, but it has more options, features, and depth that the previous versions, and it’s simply a fun game to play.

Joder, pues nivel xbox es mejor q nivel ps2 XD... no estaria mal como primer gta para mi wii, pero me gustaria algo mas novedoso y frikoso, un mario gta o algo asi XD
Yo estoy muy interesado en este juego,ya que el anterior me gusto bastante,y si las nuevas funciones en verdad son tan buenas como dicen consideraria comprarlo.
Bueno, al menos está al nivel de una xbox...parece que el juego es bueno, un 8 está bastante bien. El mejor port para nuestra consola hasta ahora (quitando al Zelda).
Gunpei escribió:ufff, teneis que ver los graficos de la version de PS3. [tomaaa]

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/874/874183/img_4392956.html

:O :O :O

bueno pues al final no esta tan mal...
Gunpei escribió:ufff, teneis que ver los graficos de la version de PS3. [tomaaa]

http://uk.media.ps3.ign.com/media/874/874183/img_4392956.html

WOWOWOW

se podría decir... primer port de wii a ps3??? [mad]
xDDD que grande! hasta la ps3 se come ports de la ps 2 xDDD es absurdio xDDD
Kogure-senpai escribió:xDDD que grande! hasta la ps3 se come ports de la ps 2 xDDD es absurdio xDDD

Y aún le quedarán unos cuantos xD

Respecto al Padrino, pinta muy bien, la verdad.
si IGN le da un 8, tiene que ser bueno, cuadno estos puntuan un juego con buena nota esque es bueno, me suelo fiar de las puntuaciones y la verdad no me decepcionan, y lo mejor de todo NIVEL XBOX, eso ya es bueno asi que... no se, merecera la pena tal vez
Yo creo que lo mejor de todo es que el control engancha. Hacer el bruto con el Wiimando y Nunchaco parece que es muy divertido.

No me quiero imaginar como va a ser el Manhunt de Wii [looco]
bueno, bueno, parece que ya se toman algo mas enserio a la Wii, ya al menos le añaden misiones (30, nada menos), un buen control, y graficos mejorados. a ver si el resto de compañias van tomando nota
yo de ubisoft no me fio mucho...
Kogure-senpai escribió:yo de ubisoft no me fio mucho...

Pues de ubi no te fies si no quieres, pero este juego es de EA y parece que por fin ha visto que consolas venden y estan mejorando poco a poco. Yo de momento me voy a comprar el Tiger Woods 07 y este es seguramente tambien lo compre cuando salga. A ver si sacan alguna review mas para poder comprarar.

Un saludo.
Pero bueno...

Aun queda la pregunta del millon .

Saldra doblado?

Apuesto a que no [noop] [maszz]
Bueno, veremos a ver el de Wii como sale, espero que mejore algo graficamente respecto a la version xbox, que decis que se parece graficamente, aunque sea un poquillo.

Con respecto a las imagenes de ps3, dios... es cutrisima la version para lo que supuestamente es esa maquina.
Mariguano escribió:Pero bueno...

Aun queda la pregunta del millon .

Saldra doblado?

Apuesto a que no [noop] [maszz]

Yo espero que no. Como mucho subtitulado. Creo que el de PC no estaba doblado, y es que para los que nos gusta la trilogía, poder escuchar a Marlon Brando no tiene precio.

El juego no será una obra maestra pero seguro que está bien. De momento, según IGN es la plataforma con mejor puntuación.
fueradejuego escribió:
Pues de ubi no te fies si no quieres, pero este juego es de EA y parece que por fin ha visto que consolas venden y estan mejorando poco a poco. Yo de momento me voy a comprar el Tiger Woods 07 y este es seguramente tambien lo compre cuando salga. A ver si sacan alguna review mas para poder comprarar.

Un saludo.

no me he explicado bien, se hablaba de que los ports empiezan a tener buen aspecto, pero yo me referia a que sigo sin fiarme de sus juegos... xd me desviaba un poco del tema, pero no por eso me ownees xD
Con respecto a las imagenes de ps3, dios... es cutrisima la version para lo que supuestamente es esa maquina.

Será lo que quieran pero si no se le saca partido... Hoy mismo he visto el f-1 en media markt y no es más que el de ps2 pasado de resolución. En fin, un poco de lo que le pasa a Wii aunque como es ps3 los juegos no lucen tan desangelados como los cutres de wii.
Tengo ganas de comprarlo y espero que no me defraude como el SSX Blur (que me ha decepcionado un poco) asi que a esperarse hasta que salga...
El de Xbox me vició de mala manera, jugué 100 horas como mínimo, sólo decir que si el de Wii tiene 30 misiones más... [beer] [inlove]
Yo como user de un pc prehistórico y que casi se perdió la gen anterior, estoy encantado de que salgan ports como este, en teoría mejorado y con el control bien adaptado.

No por ser port hay que rechazarlo de primeras, si está hecho decentemente es algo positivo para la consola.

Si algún día encuentro sitios donde alquilen juegos de wii, me gustaría probarlo a ver qué tal.
Kogure-senpai escribió:yo de ubisoft no me fio mucho...
que tiene que ver ubi, si este juego es de EA no? [+risas]

pues parece que tenemos un señor port, buena noticia, y pobrecitos los que compren el d ps3
Yo quiero compararlo con el port q haran de Scarface XD

un par de GTAs con mafiosos de verdad XD
Bueno otro juego pa la saca! xDDDD
Ricky Balance escribió:
Yo espero que no. Como mucho subtitulado. Creo que el de PC no estaba doblado, y es que para los que nos gusta la trilogía, poder escuchar a Marlon Brando no tiene precio.

El juego no será una obra maestra pero seguro que está bien. De momento, según IGN es la plataforma con mejor puntuación.

la versión de Pc y ps2(las demas versiones nose,pero me imagino que tambien) estaban dobladas al catellano
yo estoy convencido de que si estara doblado
salu2
El único motivo por el que IGN le ha dado un 8 ha sido por la adaptacion del control... fijo
nextpik escribió:El único motivo por el que IGN le ha dado un 8 ha sido por la adaptacion del control... fijo

fijo, no porque le hayan puesto otras 30 misiones. el doble del original [rtfm]
cesarelgorila escribió:la versión de Pc y ps2(las demas versiones nose,pero me imagino que tambien) estaban dobladas al catellano
yo estoy convencido de que si estara doblado
salu2

No hay que estar tan convencidos y seguros....

Nada mas tienes que ver la trayectoria de EA desde que salio la wii....

Hay algun juego en castellano?aunque sea solo los subtitulos??

Y otro motivo no se si es de peso no es de peso es que si les han metido 30 misiones nuevas dichas misiiones tendrian que ser dobladas por que no existian doblaje anterior...

Y la verdad dudo que reunan al reparto que tuviera el anterior juego para doblar este ZzzZZ

Cruzemos los dedos.... si sale doblado me pensare piyarlo pero si no....

[lapota] [lapota] [buaaj] [buaaj] EA
Tiene muy buena pinta y si tiene un 8 aun más... [sonrisa] [sonrisa]
Además a mi este tipo de juegos me gustan mucho [boing] [boing] [beer]

Salu2 XD
Ricky Balance escribió:y es que para los que nos gusta la trilogía, poder escuchar a Marlon Brando no tiene precio.

y qué, ha doblado el juego desde ultratumba o cómo?? XD
Hace poco la gente decia que era una porqueria pues solo veian graficos,ahora que se dijo que los graficos son a nivel xbox todo mundo dice que el juego parece bueno,asi estamos.
Ironbird escribió:Joder, pues nivel xbox es mejor q nivel ps2 XD... no estaria mal como primer gta para mi wii, pero me gustaria algo mas novedoso y frikoso, un mario gta o algo asi XD

lo malo que a veces a xbox le llegaban con graficos de ps2 esperemos que no sea el caso
cita de Ricky Balance:

y es que para los que nos gusta la trilogía, poder escuchar a Marlon Brando no tiene precio.

y qué, ha doblado el juego desde ultratumba o cómo??

grabó el sonido antes de morir.

estan todas las voces menos la de pacino (que no esta ni su cara)
Metal_Nazgul escribió:
y qué, ha doblado el juego desde ultratumba o cómo?? XD

¬¬ [rtfm] Como bien dicen arriba. Uno de los puntazos del juego, es que Marlon grabó los diálogos poco antes de morir. "Solo" falta Al Pacino que tenía contrato con el juego de Scarface.
[oki] [oki] [oki] [oki] Que lo saquen en la fecha prevista [oki] [oki] [oki] xDD
review de yahoo games

Por fin vemos un wiimake que aporta cosas.
Los controles son excelentes.
El juego ha sido expandido a lo bestia

Con el Z se fija un objetivo, con el gatillo (estando cerca) lo agarras. A partir de ahi puedes darle un punch haciendo el moviviento evidente con el control, o puedes mover ambos controles para llevar al tio a la pared o a un coche o bien si empujas hacia adelante con ambos mandos y sueltas el boton lo lanzaras.

El control de armas es similar, fija al objetivo con Z, asi apuntaras al pecho, si usas el Wiimote podras apuntar directamente a partes que duelen mas (como la cabeza). El control libre es mucho mejor que en otras versiones del juego.

Lo unico que no nos gusta del control es usar la cruceta para controlar la camara, por suerte tendremos que usar la camara muy poco.

No nos han entusiasmado ninguno de los remakes para Wii que hemos ido viendo, pero El padrino es claramente la excepcion.

Cuatro estrellas (de un maximo de cinco)
fueradejuego escribió:

Un saludo.

Un consejo, No te pilles el tiger woods , sigue jugando al golf del wii sports porque el tiger es una peste que pa que las prisas.
enanogitano escribió:Un consejo, No te pilles el tiger woods , sigue jugando al golf del wii sports porque el tiger es una peste que pa que las prisas.

Del tiger he leido opiniones muy positivas, aunque tambien hay gente que parece no pillarlo. En cualquier caso es offtopic.

En neogaf estan "hablando" algunos de los medios que tienen el juego. Uno dice que sencillamente es el mejor juego de third que hay ahora para Wii. Los graficos muy solidos, un framerate muy bueno, una distancia de dibujo bestial para ser wii. Y los controles muy buenos, como todo el mundo dice.
Aquí tenéis un muy buen video del juego, es una review, en inglés, claro:

http://ruliweb2.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=7912&table=game_nin02&main=nin

Haced doble click y lo veréis en grande y a buena resolución.
cdnt3 escribió:que venga doblado [toctoc] [toctoc] [toctoc]

Lo dudo... Tendrian que doblar todo lo añadido tambien.... mucho trabajo para EA viendo el trato que a tenido wii con sus juegos aqui.... ni uno solo en español aunque sea texto [noop]
bueno, yo me lo he comprao y me ha gustado mucho, ls graficos pues estan bien, son mejres q los del red steel esta planteado como un GTA, ytraducido totalmente al castelano, dialogos y todo incluido.
Es un juegazo, llevo toda la tarde enganchado. Es, con muchisima diferencia, el juego que mejor partido le saca al mando de la wii. Además la historia es buena, lso graficos un poco pobres, pero es muy muy muy buen juego

COMPRAOSLO YA, GAMBITEROSSSSS
Me preguntaba qué tal la libertad... es decir, ¿es estilo grand theft auto???
realmente está todo traducido y doblado al castellano?
Se han dado cuenta que los ports baratos no venden, ya era hora.
Lo jugaré sin duda, pinta muy bien, con nada menos que 30 misiones más...
Respecto al doblaje espero que sea V.O. con subtitulos.
don pelayo,el juego tiene tanta libertad como los gta,si quieres haces misiones o si no puedes ir por la calle disparando a la gente,atropellando a los peatones...

Alod79,si esta traducido y doblado al castellano

salu2
hoy lo tube en las manos y ponia TODO en español ( menus y voces )

Me ha parado los 60 eur...Toy pobre

a ver si lo pillo de segunda mano

salu2
No se si se me ha pasado y no lo he leido, pero en opciones de video...
60Hz?? Formato panorámico?? 480p??
51 respuestas
1, 2