· Mission Impossible
    · Mountain Sports
    · Mr. Bloopy
    · Mr. F-X-It
    · Mr. Tuff
    · Muhammad Ali Boxing
    · Mumu Boukenki Amusing Dream
    · Naughts & Crosses
    · NFL Football by Scuptured Software (Untitled)
    · Nightmare
    · Nightmare Busters
    · Operation Alien

Lobo
Information from John Lomax (Artist)

For lobo, it was very similar to Green Lantern. I worked on it for about a month before moving projects. It was originally going to be a Street Fighter-style beat 'em up, and I did work on background art for it, but the powers that be decided it would be better to give it to Ocean America to work on, so I don't know if it ever came out, even in Japan.

From unused64.net:

LOBO is a cancelled fighting game that was meant to be released for the Super Nintendo and the Sega Mega Drive / genesis, settled up in the DC Comics’ LOBO universe. Ocean was planning to release this in 1996, but it was cancelled for both platforms at the last minute. A prototype of the game was found by the SegaSaturno community and they released it with the help of Hidden Palace!.

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kla9IaAO ... r_embedded

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen

Les trois Mousquetaires
Les trois Mousquetaires (The Three Musketeers) is an action game that was in development by Loriciel for the Super Nintendo, but it seems that the project was later cancelled as we cant find any evidence of its release. Celine was able to find some screenshots from some old french magazines: Banzzai #24 and SuperPower #21. Les trois Mousquetaires’ gameplay should have been similar to the Pocky & Rocky / KiKi KaiKai series, with a top-down perspective in which the characters moving through a level while defeating approaching enemies and destroying obstacles that may block the player’s path. It’s currently unknown if the game had a multiplayer coop mode too.

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Lost Mission(s), The
The Lost Mission was a RPG developed by Vic Tokai's British development studio. It apparently had a time-travel theme. At the summer 1993 CES, it has the working title Lost Missions.

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch Update, Publication date: February 1993, Volume: 45, Pages: 112
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - Summer CES, Publication date: August 1993, Volume: 51, Pages: 113

Mario & Wario
Mario & Wario is a puzzle game that utilized the SNES mouse. Nintendo had plans to release in North America, but for whatever reason it was a Japan only-game. It was slated for a Fall 1993 release.

Imagen

Mario & Wario was shown in the September 1993 issue of Nintendo Power in their preview section. The game is one of the few games that requires the SNES mouse accessory. The basic gameplay involves guiding Mario to a level exit (as Wario has put a bucket on his head) while Wanda the Fairie fills in blocks with her wand. I have no idea why this never got a release in North America, considering how high profile Mario is. Perhaps they felt they could not market another mouse based game.

Imagen
Preview in the September 1993 issue of Nintendo Power (scan by Retromags)

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch, Publication date: September 1993, Volume: 52, Pages: 110,113
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch, Publication date: November 1993, Volume: 54, Pages: 113

Metamor Kid Goomin
Metamor Kid Goomin (Goromin) is a cancelled platform / action adventure game that was in development for the Super Famicom / Super Nintendo by BPS (Bullet Proof Software?). There are not many info on the project, but from the title and the few scans preserved in the gallery below, it seems that the main protagonist was able to morph into different forms (the italian magazine wrote about 8 different forms, as a dragon and a mole) to resolve puzzles and to reach new areas.

Celine was able to find some Metamor Kid Goomin screens in SuperPower issue #19, Console Mania #28 and EGM #59, while a couple of screens were posted by Moosmann in the Assembler Forum.

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen

Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators
Mick & Mack was a McDonald's liscensed game developed by David Perry at Virgin Games. It appeared on various Sega systems and the Amiga, though they cancelled the snes version. It is a simple platform shooter game. The game was shown at the Winter 1993 CES.

A prototype rom image of this game shows that it was at a beta state at the very least for the snes. When you first load the rom, there is a bunch of debug stuff, which allows you to choose various levels. The levels seem to be pretty much complete, but there isn't really much you can do. Most enemies are static and do not harm your character. You can also use the L button to float around the levels, which is very necessary since pits do not kill you. Pressing the R button skips you to the bonus stages for each level.

Screenshots:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch, Publication date: March 1993, Volume: 46, Pages: 113
· Wikipedia info on Global Gladiators (link)

Mickey's Playtown Adventure: A Day Of Discovery
This game was completed, and I had the chance to chat with Eric Browning about the it:

Mickey never saw the light of day. It was complete, I can't remember what happened. I tried animating Mickey- but Disney does not mess around with that guy and I simply am not trained as an animator. We sent it to Little Gangsters in L.A, an animation house Disney worked with. They did amazing animation- I was humbled by that.

I got a ROM of Mickey, wow, I've come a long way. Pretty neat to see it, I remember every little pixel. The animation isn't as good as I remember, partly due to my inexperience and in large part because I think the programmer was forced to remove frames.

Serial Code: SNS-AMPE-USA

Imagen

Screenshots:

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Might & Magic II: Gate To Another World
This game was released in Japan in Europe, but it doesn't seem that it was released in North America. The game was reviewed in EGM, and got mediocre reviews, so the game was likely canned for that reason.

Imagen

Mission Impossible
Robert Seddon has sent to us a nice collection of scans with lots of interesting unseen games, today we would like to start with some concept arts from an early “Mission Impossibile 64″ when it was still in development for the Super Nintendo!

Imagen Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Mountain Sports
Mountain Sports was an unreleased game in development by DTMC. (picture scan by Retromags).

Imagen Imagen

DTMC was a low key publishing company, responsible for such games as Firestriker and Lester the Unlikely. In the May 1993 issue of Nintendo Power, Mountain Sports was shown in the Pak Watch section, stating that mountain climing and kayaking would be amount the sports. It was also shown at the summer 1993 CES, stating it also included ATV racing. In the November 1993 issue of Nintendo Power, it was listed with the title "Rocky Mountain Sports", though it did not elaborate on the game beyond that.

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch, Publication date: May 1993, Volume: 48, Pages: 112-113
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - Summer CES, Publication date: August 1993, Volume: 51, Pages: 113
    · Nintendo Power, The Sports Scene (upcoming releases list), Publication date: November 1993, Volume: 54, Pages: 18

Mr. Bloopy
Mr Bloopy is an unreleased game by Rare. DreamTR managed go aquire a prototype of this game. It is a puzzle-oriented platform game. Before this find, this game was completely unknown. Here is what DreamTR had to say about the game:

It's a puzzle side scroller. You can change colors by pressing various buttons, you shoot droplets out, and you have to put picture puzzle pieces in proper places. A very peculiar game.

As I mentioned before, this game is a complete mystery. Perhaps someone who worked at Rare could clarify this?

Screenshots:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Mr. F-X-It
The March 1993 issue of Nintendo Power briefly mentioned Mr. F-X-It in a preview of Sunsoft games. Interesting to note, they mentioned that it was a "promising NES that never made it to market". No real info other than that, or if the game was released as a different title.

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch, Publication date: March 1993, Volume: 43, Pages: 110

Mr. Tuff
Thanks to Lost Levels, Snes Central is proud to present a prototype of Mr. Tuff
Thanks to Ballz, rbudrick, and Gideon Zhi for dumping these roms, and to Skrybe for sending them my way.

Imagen

Mr. Tuff is a 2D platform game in development by Sales Curve Interactive (SCI) and presumably set to be published by Ocean in 1994-1995. The game was done by the same people as Super SWIV, and as such, the graphics are incredibly polished. The game was apparently too ambitious, and was never fully complete (although the game engine and graphics certainly indicate that it is close).

The game follows a demolition robot known as Mr. Tuff. After the entire population of earth escapes to the planet Utopia, the army robots take over the world. It is up to Mr. Tuff to save the world for the peaceful domestic robots. The levels involve standard platform action, though there are a few shooter-esce hoverboard levels. Each world is set up into standard levels and a boss level.

There are two known prototype roms for this game. As far as I can tell, they are pretty similar in terms completion. The "Lost Levels" prototype, which I am releasing here, is less complete. The title screen has a date of July 12, 1994 and is stated to be version 0.90. The game is apparently optimized to be PAL, and is not explicitly programmed to be detected. So, if you play this game in an emulator without forcing PAL, it will appear to run too fast. Some of the sound effects aren't programmed in yet, and there are some areas where there are more enemies than in the later beta.

The source of the later beta is not precisely known at this time. It fixes the PAL issue and some of the sound glitches. If you want to play this game more, the later beta is the way to go. As you can see in the following, there was not much in terms of graphical changes:

Early ---> Late

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Bibliography:

· Webpage of Ned Langman, who was an artist who worked at SCI on this game. Includes the later beta rom and screenshots. (link)

Muhammad Ali Boxing
Muhammad Ali Boxing was an unreleased game by Virgin Games, developed by Park Place Productions.

Imagen

Muhammad Ali Boxing was intended for release on the SNES by Virgin Games. The first mention of Muhammad Ali Boxing was at the Summer CES in 1993. It is not clear why this game did not get released, but it perhaps was due to Virgin's focus on the Genesis version (which happened with Mick and Mac, also unreleased on the SNES).

A prototype ROM image exists for this game. It is unknown what the source of it is. The prototype is a relatively early version of the game. The graphics are largely the same between the boxers (the head sprite is different in the boxer selection screen, but nothing is different during actual gameplay). The game seemed to feature an interesting rotating boxing ring. There are no sounds in the game, aside from an announcer at the title screen. The gameplay is not very polished, and computer opponent usually beats you within seconds. There are no visual clues as to what causes the TKO, aside from the TKO meter that is not necessarily depleted when you lose.

Imagen Imagen

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - CES Report, Publication date: August 1993, Volume: 51, Pages: 111
    · Muhammad Ali Heavyweight Boxing for the Genesis on Wikipedia (link)

Mumu Boukenki Amusing Dream
Amusing Dream is a cancelled RPG that was in development by Takara Amusement for the Super Famicom / Super Nintendo. There are not much more info on the project and it’s unknown why it was never released. A single screenshot of Amusing Dream was found by Celine in SuperPower (a french gaming magazine) issue #10

Imagen Imagen

Naughts & Crosses
Not much is known about this game, but DreamTR has a prototype of it. Although it is just a simple tic-tac-toe style game, it is interesting for two points. One, it uses the SA-1 chip, which seems odd considering the nature of the game. Two, the copyright screen says 1998, suggesting this would have been one of the final games released for the snes. Chances are, this game was likely planned for a release in Japan, but it was scapped.

Screenshots:

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Prototype PCB:

Imagen

NFL Football by Scuptured Software (Untitled)
Thanks to Lost Levels, Snes Central is proud to present an unreleased NFL Football game developed by Sculptured Software. The main gameplay engine in this game is nearly complete, and it is actually a fairly decent Football game.
Thanks to Ballz, rbudrick, and Gideon Zhi for dumping these roms, and to Skrybe for sending them my way.

This football game is presumably developed by Sculptured Software using the same rotoscope Mode 7 engine that is used in games such as NHL Stanley Cup, NCAA Basketball, and Tony Meola's Sidekick Soccer. The presence of the Arizona Cardinals, L.A. Raiders and L.A. Rams indicates that this game was in development for the 1994 season. There in no apparent use of real player names, so perhaps there was no plans to have a NFLPA liscense (similar to NHL Stanley Cup).

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Aside from the game, which I would say it pretty much complete, there was a lot of issues with the menu system. You had to manually select that it was a single player match, and it seems that you cannot chose which of the two teams you pick to play as. Also, when you go to the play menu, it defaults to "pass game", so that it just simulates the outcome. Blah.

On the whole, I thought that this untitled NFL Football game would actually be a pretty decent sports game for the snes. There wasn't much of a frame rate issue, which plagued many EA games. It was also a hell of a lot more balanced than NHL Stanley Cup. One can only guess as to why this wasn't released, but I imagine intense competition at the time had something to do with it.

Prototype cartridge:

Imagen

Nightmare
Nightmare was listed in the December 1993 issue of Nintendo Power. It was apparently based on the board game of the same name, but no other information was given.

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch Update, Publication date: December 1993, Volume: 55, Pages: 112

Nightmare Busters
Nightmare Busters is a platformer that fell to the wastelands of unreleased snes games. Gameplay wise, it is similar in style to Super Mario Bros. Unlike many games that were abandoned, this game was eventually released in 2004 for cell phones as Flynn's Adventure. A prototype was found by DuoFan. The game was being created by Nichibutsu, who is more famous for their board and racing games for SFC than plaformers. The developer was apparently a company called Arcade Zone, who developed the game Legend. The game was shown at Shinshokai 1994, and made it into Nintendo Power's 1995 preview issue.

Picture of the PCB. Courtesy of DuoFan:

Imagen

Picture from Nintendo Power, vol 68:

Imagen

More images:

Imagen Imagen

Bibliography:

· Flynn's Adventure on Gamespot (link)
    · Nintendo Power, Shoshinkai: The Showcase, Publication date: January 1995, Volume: 68, Pages: 54

Operation Alien
Operation Alien was shown at the 1993 Summer CES by T*HQ. It was a video game based on a line of action figure toys by Kenner.

Bibliography:

Fuente: SNEScentral & Google

ImagenVolver a la página principal.
Gracias. Los cartuchos ya van todos a la primera. Lo que hice fue impregnar un trapito con algon y frotar los contactos de la snes a través de la ranura, sin abrir la consola

Ahora tengo otro problema, he porbado con dos mandos y van bien algunos botones pero el star no, con ninguno de los dos mandos

¿De que puede ser?

¿De la consola, de los mandos, de la zona que hace contacto con los mandos?
Gracias. Los cartuchos ya van todos a la primera. Lo que hice fue impregnar un trapito con algon y frotar los contactos de la snes a través de la ranura, sin abrir la consola

Ahora tengo otro problema, he porbado con dos mandos y van bien algunos botones pero el star no, con ninguno de los dos mandos

¿De que puede ser?

¿De la consola, de los mandos, de la zona que hace contacto con los mandos?

para descartar que son los mandoso la consola prueba abrir el mando y dar la vuelta a la goma del control del star y select si te funciona el star así es problema de la goma de lo contrario podría ser del integrado de los controles o del cableado.

salu2
He conectado los dos mandos, cada uno a una ranura y en ninguno de los dos funciona el start. Es muy raro, ¿no?

Por cierto, si le doy al select que tendria que pasar, es que le doy a los select y tampoco hacen nada los mandos
lo que tienes que hacer es abrir el control sacar la goma del star y select que es una sola le das la vuelta (calza igual) si es problema de la goma por desgate al ser cambiada de lado debería funcionar, tambien puede ser que les haya entrado mierdecillas a los mandos y debas limpiar el integrado, si no es nada de esto, mira el cable y si no tiene fallas ya podría ser la consola.

salu2
Es que me parece un poco raro que en ambos mandos comprados de forma independiente vayan solo los mismos botones, el direccional y el a y b. Estoy usando una fuente de aliemntacion que creo que no es la original de la snes sino la de una nes. ¿Puede ser eso? ¿Que no sea la fuente de alimentacion de una snes?
Es que me parece un poco raro que en ambos mandos comprados de forma independiente vayan solo los mismos botones, el direccional y el a y b. Estoy usando una fuente de aliemntacion que creo que no es la original de la snes sino la de una nes. ¿Puede ser eso? ¿Que no sea la fuente de alimentacion de una snes?

tambien podría ser eso, pero el consumo de energia de un control es muy pequeño, por lo general cuando hay problemas con la alimentación de la consola se manifiesta en que no puede leer ciertos juegos o cosas por el estilo.

Si tienes otra snes pruebalos ahí, yo te comentaré que un mando que compre iba muy bien pero no funcionaba el start, y lo quehice fue el cambio en la goma, pero lo normal antes de hacer nada intenta descartar todos los problemas que pueden existir.

salu2
Cuando abra el mano es como una de megadrive? me explico, que tiene una gomita encima de los botones que es la que hace contacto y lo que me dices es que coja esa gomita y le de la vuelta, ¿no?

En el caso de md eso no valdria porque las gomas son distintas por ambos lados pero nunca he abierto un juego de snes
Ojo, no darle la vuelta, si no girarlo. Prueba a limpiar la membrana a ver qeu pasa...

...de todos modos, yo si fuera tu, aprovecharía la ocasión para mirar pads de SNES mejores que los oficiales. Los hay muy majos con funciones, o incluso wireless. Esto me genera una duda, ¿los mandos sin cables son solo por infrarojos?, para que estos funcionen, no deben haber obstaculos en medio, ¿verdad?.
¿Y no tiene nada que ver que la fuente de alimentacion creo que es la de una nes? ¿como distingo la que es de snes?

Lista de Registros de Super Nintendo

Se trata de un extenso trabajo de documentación sobre los registros de la super Nes, creada por Yoshi, su autor. Como el mismo dice, esto no es un "how to code", así que mucha atención.
He eliminado algo del contenido original. Todo lo referente a sus datos personales, ya que no son de interés general.

SNES Documentation v2.30: Written by Yoshi
Well, seems like you're interested in the SNES programming world.

First off, learn 65c816 assembly. This document will probably be
WAY over your head if you don't even understand basic opcodes. I
don't plan on adding a "how.to.code.in.65c816" section to this
document, *EVER*. Learn it yourself. I can help you with it, but
you need to learn the basics yourself. It's worth it in the long-
run, trust me.

This document currently covers more than ANY other document i've
ever seen: No, i'm not bragging. I'm stating a fact. I'm proud to be
the one to release this information, too. I feel everyone has the
right to know about all of this, especially if they're interested in
getting a career in the SNES-world.

If you have any information to send me, such as typo comments, or
information which is "wrong" or *NEW* information, do so! I'm always
updating this thing: the more the better. It's looking great so
far, and I plan on keeping the rate-of-progress steady.

Imagen

All sections are formatted using whitespaces vs. actual tab characters. This
is due to the fact that some people have their tabs set to 4 or 5 spaces
rather than the vi-standard of 8.

'sound.doc', 'sprite.doc', and 'sid-spc.src' are not formatted this way.

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Archivo original:

_________________  _________________  _________________  _________________
|                 ||                 ||                 ||                 |
|                 ||                 ||                 ||                 |
|       __________||                 ||        _________||      ___________|
|                  |        |        ||             /    |
|                 ||        |        ||            /     |                 |
| __________      ||        |        ||        ___/_____  ___________      |
|                 ||        |        ||                 ||                 |
|                 ||        |        ||                 ||                 |
|_________________||________|________||_________________||_________________|
SNES Documentation v2.30: Written by Yoshi
        Well, seems like you're interested in the SNES programming world.

First off, learn 65c816 assembly. This document will probably be
        WAY over your head if you don't even understand basic opcodes. I
        don't plan on adding a "how.to.code.in.65c816" section to this
        document, *EVER*. Learn it yourself. I can help you with it, but
        you need to learn the basics yourself. It's worth it in the long-
        run, trust me.

This document currently covers more than ANY other document i've
        ever seen: No, i'm not bragging. I'm stating a fact. I'm proud to be
        the one to release this information, too. I feel everyone has the
        right to know about all of this, especially if they're interested in
        getting a career in the SNES-world.

If you have any information to send me, such as typo comments, or
        information which is "wrong" or *NEW* information, do so! I'm always
        updating this thing: the more the better. It's looking great so
        far, and I plan on keeping the rate-of-progress steady.

*       snes.0.............Introduction
*       snes.1.............SNES Register section
*       snes.2.............SNES Colour section
*       snes.3.............SNES Graphics section
*       snes.4.............SNES Screen-mode section
*       snes.5.............SNES OAM/Sprite section
*       snes.6.............Super Magicomm disk registers
-=NEW=- snes.7.............SNES Memory map
-=NEW=- snes.8.............Those boring credits/thank-yous/hellos! :-)
        sound.doc..........SPC-700 (sound) documentation by Antitrack
        sprite.doc.........OBJ/OAM documentation
-=NEW=- test.lzh...........Mini "demo" by yours-truly. Comes with source,
            music, graphics, and the SMC file.
-=NEW=- sid-spc.src........C64 sound emulator documentation/code by Antitrack
All sections are formatted using whitespaces vs. actual tab characters. This
is due to the fact that some people have their tabs set to 4 or 5 spaces
rather than the vi-standard of 8.

'sound.doc', 'sprite.doc', and 'sid-spc.src' are not formatted this way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|rwd2?|Address|Title & Explanation                                           |
||||||-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
||||||                                                                       |
||||||__  ?: Don't know what the statistics on this register are             |
|||||____ 2: 2 byte (1 word) length register                                 |
||||_____ d: Double-byte write required when writing to this register        |
|||______ w: Writable register                                               |
||_______ r: Readable register                                               |
|                                                                            |
|Words in brackets ( [] ) are the official "names" of the registers          |
|Words in braces ( {} ) are different from the "real" SNES manual            |
|Bits define 1 as "ON/ENABLE" and 0 as "OFF/DISABLE," unless otherwise stated|
|Registers without any bits/defined-data can be assumed to be 8 bits in size |
|and should only be read once.                                               |
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|NOTE! I have renamed all occurances of "Plane {x}" to "BG{x+1}." This means |
|stuff like "Plane 2" is now referred to as "BG3" - This is how it is done   |
|(so i'm told) in the official SNES documentation, so for compatibility and  |
|comprehension, i've renamed everything.                                     |
|I have also renamed "Sprites" to "OBJ", "objects," or "OAM" for the same    |
|reason that I renamed "Plane" to "BG."                                      |
|rwd2?|Address|Title & Explanation                                           |
| w   |$2100  |Screen display register [INIDISP]                             |
|     |       |x000bbbb              x: 0 = Screen on.                       |
|     |       |                         1 = Screen off.                      |
|     |       |                   bbbb: Brightness ($0-$F).                  |
|     |       |                                                              |
| w   |$2101  |OAM size register [OBSEL]                                     |
|     |       |sssnnbbb              s: 000 =  8x8  or 16x16.                |
|     |       |                         001 =  8x8  or 32x32.                |
|     |       |                         010 =  8x8  or 64x64.                |
|     |       |                         011 = 16x16 or 32x32.                |
|     |       |                         100 = 16x16 or 64x64.                |
|     |       |                         101 = 32x32 or 64x64.                |
|     |       |                      n: Name selection (upper 4k word addr). |
|     |       |                      b: Base selection (8k word seg. addr).  |
| w 2 |$2102  |OAM address register [OAMADDL/OAMADDH]                        |
|     |       |aaaaaaaa r000000m     a: OAM address.                         |
|     |       |                      r: OAM priority rotation.               |
|     |       |                      m: OAM address MSB.                     |
| wd  |$2104  |OAM data register [OAMDATA]                                   |
|     |       |???????? ????????                                             |
| w   |$2105  |Screen mode register [BGMODE]                                 |
|     |       |abcdefff              a: BG4 tile size (0=8x8, 1=16x16).      |
|     |       |                      b: BG3 tile size (0=8x8, 1=16x16).      |
|     |       |                      c: BG2 tile size (0=8x8, 1=16x16).      |
|     |       |                      d: BG1 tile size (0=8x8, 1=16x16).      |
|     |       |                      e: Highest priority for BG3 in MODE 1.  |
|     |       |                      f: MODE definition.                     |
| w   |$2106  |Screen pixelation register [MOSAIC]                           |
|     |       |xxxxabcd              x: Pixel size (0=Smallest, $F=Largest). |
|     |       |                      a: Affect BG4.                          |
|     |       |                      b: Affect BG3.                          |
|     |       |                      c: Affect BG2.                          |
|     |       |                      d: Affect BG1.                          |
| w   |$2107  |BG1 VRAM location register [BG1SC]                            |
|     |       |xxxxxxab              x: Base address                         |
|     |       |                     ab: SC size                              |
| w   |$2108  |BG2 VRAM location register [BG2SC] -|                         |
| w   |$2109  |BG3 VRAM location register [BG3SC]  |- Same as $2107.         |
| w   |$210A  |BG4 VRAM location register [BG4SC] -|                         |
| w   |$210B  |BG1 & BG2 VRAM location register [BG12NBA]                    |
|     |       |aaaabbbb              a: Base address for BG2.                |
|     |       |                      b: Base address for BG1.                |
| w   |$210C  |BG3 & BG4 VRAM location register [BG34NBA]                    |
|     |       |aaaabbbb              a: Base address for BG4.                |
|     |       |                      b: Base address for BG3.                |
| wd  |$210D  |BG1 horizontal scroll register [BG1HOFS]                      |
|     |       |mmmmmaaa aaaaaaaa              a: Horizontal offset.          |
|     |       |                               m: Only set with MODE 7.       |
|     |       |This is an intruiging register. Like the types define, it has |
|     |       |to be written to twice: The first byte holds the first 8 bits,|
|     |       |and the second byte holds the last 3 bits. This makes a total |
|     |       |of 11 bits for information. This only proves true for MODes   |
|     |       |0 to 6. MODE 7 uses 13 bits instead of 11. As long as you're  |
|     |       |not in MODE 7, you can store $00 in the 2nd byte for a smooth |
|     |       |scrolling background.                                         |
| wd  |$210E  |BG1 vertical scroll register   [BG1VOFS] -|                   |
| wd  |$210F  |BG2 horizontal scroll register [BG2HOFS]  |                   |
| wd  |$2110  |BG3 vertical scroll register   [BG2VOFS]  |                   |
| wd  |$2111  |BG3 horizontal scroll register [BG3HOFS]  |- Same as $210D.   |
| wd  |$2112  |BG3 vertical scroll register   [BG3VOFS]  |                   |
| wd  |$2113  |BG4 horizontal scroll register [BG4HOFS]  |                   |
| wd  |$2114  |BG4 vertical scroll register   [BG4VOFS] -|                   |
| w   |$2115  |Video port control [VMAIN]                                    |
|     |       |i000abcd              i: 0 = Addr-inc after writing to $2118  |
|     |       |                             or reading from $2139.           |
|     |       |                         1 = Addr-inc after writing to $2119  |
|     |       |                             or reading from $213A.           |
|     |       |                     ab: Full graphic (see table below).      |
|     |       |                     cd: SC increment (see table below).      |
|     |       |abcd|Result                                                   |
|     |       |----|---------------------------------------------------------|
|     |       |0100|Increment by 8 for 32 times (2-bit formation).           |
|     |       |1000|Increment by 8 for 64 times (4-bit formation).           |
|     |       |1100|Increment by 8 for 128 times (8-bit formation).          |
|     |       |0000|Address increments 1x1.                                  |
|     |       |0001|Address increments 32x32.                                |
|     |       |0010|Address increments 64x64.                                |
|     |       |0011|Address increments 128x128.                              |
|     |       |----|---------------------------------------------------------|
| w 2 |$2116  |Video port address [VMADDL/VMADDH]                            |
| w 2 |$2118  |Video port data [VMDATAL/VMDATAH]                             |
|     |       |According to bit 7 of $2115, the data can be stored as:       |
|     |       |Bit 7|Register                   |Result                      |
|     |       |-----|---------------------------|----------------------------|
|     |       |  0  |Write to $2118 only.       |Lower 8-bits written then   |
|     |       |     |                           |address is increased.       |
|     |       |  0  |Write to $2119 then $2118. |Address increased when both |
|     |       |     |                           |are written to (in order).  |
|     |       |  1  |Write to $2119 only.       |Upper 8-bits written, then  |
|     |       |     |                           |address is increased.       |
|     |       |  1  |Write to $2118 then $2119. |Address increased when both |
|     |       |     |                           |are written to (in order).  |
|     |       |-----|---------------------------|----------------------------|
| w   |$211A  |MODE7 settings register [M7SEL]                               |
|     |       |ab0000yx             ab: (see table below).                   |
|     |       |                      y: Vertical screen flip (1=flip).       |
|     |       |                      x: Horizontal screen flip (1=flip).     |
|     |       |ab|Result                                                     |
|     |       |--|-----------------------------------------------------------|
|     |       |00|Screen repetition if outside of screen area.               |
|     |       |10|Character 0x00 repetition if outside of screen area.       |
|     |       |11|Outside of screen area is back-drop screen in 1 colour.    |
| w   |$211B  |COS (COSINE) rotate angle / X Expansion [M7A]                 |
| w   |$211C  |SIN (SIN)    rotate angle / X Expansion [M7B]                 |
| w   |$211D  |SIN (SIN)    rotate angle / Y Expansion [M7C]                 |
| w   |$211E  |COS (COSINE) rotate angle / Y Expansion [M7D]                 |
| wd  |$211F  |Center position X (13-bit data only)    [M7X]                 |
| wd  |$2120  |Center position Y (13-bit data only)    [M7Y]                 |
|     |       |MODE 7 formulae for rotation/enlargement/reduction:           |
|     |       |X2 = AB * X1-X0 + X0                                          |
|     |       |Y2 = CD * Y1-Y0 + Y0                                          |
|     |       |A = COS(GAMMA)*(1/ALPHA)      B = SIN(GAMMA)*(1/ALPHA)        |
|     |       |C = SIN(GAMMA)*(1/BETA)       D = COS(GAMMA)*(1/BETA)         |
|     |       |  GAMMA: Rotation angle.                                      |
|     |       |  ALPHA: Reduction rates for X (horizontal).                  |
|     |       |   BETA: Reduction rates for Y (vertical).                    |
|     |       |X0 & Y0: Center coordinate.                                   |
|     |       |X1 & Y1: Display coordinate.                                  |
|     |       |X2 & Y2: Coordinate before calculation.                       |
| w   |$2121  |Colour # (or pallete) selection register [CGADD]              |
|     |       |xxxxxxxx              x: Address (color #).                   |
| wd  |$2122  |Colour data register [CGDATA]                                 |
|     |       |xxxxxxxx              x: Value of colour.                     |
|     |       |SNES colour is 15 bit; 5 bits for red, green, and blue. The   |
|     |       |order isn't RGB though: It's BGR (RGB reversed!).             |
| w   |$2123  |Window mask settings register [W12SEL]                        |
|     |       |abcdefgh              a: Disable/enable BG2 Window 2.         |
|     |       |                      b: BG2 Window 2 I/O (0=IN).             |
|     |       |                      c: Disable/enable BG2 Window 1.         |
|     |       |                      d: BG2 Window 1 I/O (0=IN).             |
|     |       |                      e: Disable/enable BG1 Window 2.         |
|     |       |                      f: BG1 Window 2 I/O (0=IN).             |
|     |       |                      g: Disable/enable BG1 Window 1.         |
|     |       |                      h: BG1 Window 1 I/O (0=IN).             |
| w   |$2124  |Window mask settings register [W34SEL]                        |
|     |       |abcdefgh              a: Disable/enable BG4 Window 2.         |
|     |       |                      b: BG4 Window 2 I/O (0=IN).             |
|     |       |                      c: Disable/enable BG4 Window 1.         |
|     |       |                      d: BG4 Window 1 I/O (0=IN).             |
|     |       |                      e: Disable/enable BG3 Window 2.         |
|     |       |                      f: BG3 Window 2 I/O (0=IN).             |
|     |       |                      g: Disable/enable BG3 Window 1.         |
|     |       |                      h: BG3 Window 1 I/O (0=IN).             |
| w   |$2125  |Window mask settings register [WOBJSEL]                       |
|     |       |abcdefgh              a: Disable/enable colour Window 2.      |
|     |       |                      b: Colour Window 2 I/O (0=IN).          |
|     |       |                      c: Disable/enable colour Window 1.      |
|     |       |                      d: Colour Window 1 I/O (0=IN).          |
|     |       |                      e: Disable/enable OBJ Window 2.         |
|     |       |                      f: OBJ Window 2 I/O (0=IN).             |
|     |       |                      g: Disable/enable OBJ Window 1.         |
|     |       |                      h: OBJ Window 1 I/O (0=IN).             |
| w   |$2126  |Window 1 left position register [WH0]                         |
|     |       |aaaaaaaa              a: Position.                            |
| w   |$2127  |Window 1 right position register [WH1] -|                     |
| w   |$2128  |Window 2 left position register [WH2]   |- Same as $2126.     |
| w   |$2129  |Window 2 right position register [WH3] -|                     |
|     |       |I may have the Window numbers reversed; as in, $2126 may be   |
|     |       |for Window 2, not Window 1; $2127 may be for Window 2, not    |
|     |       |Window 1... and so on...                                      |
| w   |$212A  |Mask logic settings for Window 1 & 2 per screen [WBGLOG]      |
|     |       |aabbccdd              a: BG4 parms -|                         |
|     |       |                      b: BG3 parms  |- See table in $212B.    |
|     |       |                      c: BG2 parms  |                         |
|     |       |                      d: BG1 parms -|                         |
| w   |$212B  |Mask logic settings for Colour Windows & OBJ Windows [WOBJLOG]|
|     |       |0000aabb              a: Colour Window parms (see table below)|
|     |       |                      b: OBJ Window parms (see table below).  |
|     |       |Hi-bit|Lo-bit|Logic                                           |
|     |       |------|------|------------------------------------------------|
|     |       |   0  |   0  |OR                                              |
|     |       |   0  |   1  |AND                                             |
|     |       |   1  |   0  |XOR                                             |
|     |       |   1  |   1  |XNOR                                            |
|     |       |------|------|------------------------------------------------|
| w   |$212C  |Main screen designation [TM]                                  |
|     |       |000abcde              a: OBJ/OAM disable/enable.              |
|     |       |                      b: Disable/enable BG4.                  |
|     |       |                      c: Disable/enable BG3.                  |
|     |       |                      d: Disable/enable BG2.                  |
|     |       |                      e: Disable/enable BG1.                  |
| w   |$212D  |Sub-screen designation [TD]                                   |
|     |       |*** Same as $212C, but for the sub-screens, not the main.     |
|     |       |Remember: When screen addition/subtraction is enabled, the    |
|     |       |sub screen is added/subtracted against the main screen.       |
| w   |$212E  |Window mask main screen designation register [TMW]            |
|     |       |*** Same as $212C, but for window-masks.                      |
| w   |$212F  |Window mask sub screen designation register [TSW]             |
|     |       |*** Same as $212E, but for the sub screen.                    |
| w   |$2130  |Fixed color addition or screen addition register [CGWSEL]     |
|     |       |abcd00ef             ab: Main (see table below).              |
|     |       |                     cd: Sub (see table below).               |
|     |       |                      e: 0 = Enable +/- for fixed colour.     |
|     |       |                         1 = Enable +/- for sub screen.       |
|     |       |                      f: Colour & char-data = direct color    |
|     |       |                         data (MODE 3, 4 & 7 only).           |
|     |       |ab|Result                                                     |
|     |       |00|All the time.                                              |
|     |       |01|Inside window only.                                        |
|     |       |10|Outside window only.                                       |
|     |       |11|All the time.                                              |
| w   |$2131  |Addition/subtraction for screens, BGs, & OBJs [CGADSUB]       |
|     |       |mrgsabcd              m: 0 = Enable + colour-data mode.       |
|     |       |                         1 = Enable - colour-data mode.       |
|     |       |                      r: See below for more info.             |
|     |       |                      g: Affect back-area.                    |
|     |       |                      s: Affect OBJs.                         |
|     |       |                      a: Affect BG4.                          |
|     |       |                      b: Affect BG3.                          |
|     |       |                      c: Affect BG2.                          |
|     |       |                      d: Affect BG1.                          |
|     |       |*** 'r' is some sort-of "1/2 of colour data" on/off bit. When |
|     |       |    the colour constant +/- or screen +/- is performed, desig-|
|     |       |    nate whether the RGB result in the +/- area should be 1/2 |
|     |       |    or not; the back-area is not affected.                    |
| w   |$2132  |Fixed colour data for fixed colour +/- [COLDATA]              |
|     |       |bgrdddddd             b: Set to change blue.                  |
|     |       |                      g: Set to change green.                 |
|     |       |                      r: Set to change red.                   |
|     |       |                      d: Set colour constant data for +/-.    |
| w   |$2133  |Screen mode/video select register [SETINI]                    |
|     |       |sn00pvshi                                                     |
|     |       |                      s: Super-impose SFX graphics over ex-   |
|     |       |                         ternal video (usually 0).            |
|     |       |                      n: External mode (screen expand). When  |
|     |       |                         sing MODE 7, enable.                 |
|     |       |                      p: 0 = 256 resolution.                  |
|     |       |                         1 = 512 sub screen resolution.       |
|     |       |                      v: 0 = 224 vertical resolution.         |
|     |       |                         1 = 239 vertical resolution.         |
|     |       |                      s: See below for more info.             |
|     |       |                      i: 0 = No interlace.                    |
|     |       |                         1 = Interlaced display.              |
|     |       |*** When in interlace mode, select either the 1-dot per line  |
|     |       |    mode or the 1-dot repeated every 2-lines mode. If '1' is  |
|     |       |    set in this bit, the OBJ seems to be reduced vertically   |
|     |       |    by 1/2.                                                   |
|     |       |*** Interlaced mode is used in the SNES test cartridge. It    |
|     |       |    does flicker, but it gives a FULL 480 vertical resolution.|
|r    |$2134  |Multiplication result register (low) [MPYL]                   |
|r    |$2135  |Multiplication result register (middle) [MPYM]                |
|r    |$2136  |Multiplication result register (high) [MPYH]                  |
|     |       |*** Result is 8 bits long for $2134, $2135, and $2136.        |
|r    |$2137  |Software latch for horizontal/vertical counter [SLHV]         |
|     |       |aaaaaaaa                 a: Result.                           |
|     |       |The counter value at the point when $2137 is read can be      |
|     |       |latched. Data read is meaningless.                            |
|r    |$2138  |Read data from OAM {OAMDATAREAD}                              |
|r  2 |$2139  |Read data from VRAM {VMDATALREAD/VMDATAHREAD}                 |
|r    |$213B  |Read data from CG-RAM (colour) {CGDATAREAD}                   |
|r d  |$213C  |Horizontal scanline location [OPHCT]                          |
|r d  |$213D  |Vertical scanline location  [OPVCT]                           |
|     |       |*** Registers $213C and $213D are 9-bits in length.           |
|r    |$213E  |PPU status flag & version number [STAT77]                     |
|     |       |trm0vvvv              t: Time over (see below).               |
|     |       |                      r: Range over (see below).              |
|     |       |                      m: Master/slave mode select. Usually 0. |
|     |       |                      v: Version # ($5C77 (???)).             |
|     |       |*** Range: When the quantity of the OBJ (size is non-relevant)|
|     |       |           becomes 33 pieces or more, '1' is set.             |
|     |       |     Time: When the quantity of the OBJ which is converted to |
|     |       |           8x8 is 35 pieces or more, '1' will be set.         |
|r    |$213F  |PPU status flag & version number [STAT78]                     |
|     |       |fl0mvvvv              f: Field # scanned in int. mode (0=1st).|
|     |       |                      l: Set if external signal (light pen,   |
|     |       |                         etc.) is installed/applied.          |
|     |       |                      m: NTSC/PAL mode (0=NTSC, 1=PAL).       |
|     |       |                      v: Version # ($5C78 (???)).             |
|rw   |$2140  |[APUI00] -|                                                   |
|rw   |$2141  |[APUI01]  |- Audio registers. See sound.doc and sid-spc.src.  |
|rw   |$2142  |[APUI02]  |                                                   |
|rw   |$2143  |[APUI03] -|                                                   |
|rw   |$2180  |Read/write WRAM register [WMDATA]                             |
|rw   |$2181  |WRAM data register (low byte) [WMADDL]                        |
|rw   |$2182  |WRAM data register (middle byte) [WMADDM]                     |
|rw   |$2183  |WRAM data register (high byte) [WMADDH]                       |
| w   |$4200  |Counter enable [NMITIMEN]                                     |
|     |       |a0yx000b              a: NMI/VBlank interrupt.                |
|     |       |                      y: Vertical counter.                    |
|     |       |                      x: Horizontal counter.                  |
|     |       |                      b: Joypad read-enable.                  |
| w   |$4201  |Programmable I/O port (out-port) [WRIO]                       |
| w   |$4202  |Multiplicand 'A' [WRMPYA]                                     |
| w   |$4203  |Multiplier 'B' [WRMPYB]                                       |
|     |       |*** Absolute multiplication used when using the two above reg-|
|     |       |    isters. Formulae is: 'A (8-bit) * B (8-bit) = C (16-bit)'.|
|     |       |    Result can be read from $4216.                            |
| w 2 |$4204  |Dividend C [WRDIVL/WRDIVH]                                    |
| w   |$4205  |Divisor B [WRDIVB]                                            |
|     |       |*** Absolute division used when using the two above registers.|
|     |       |    Formulae is 'C (16-bit) / B (8-bit) = A (16-bit)'.        |
|     |       |    Result can be read from $4214, and the remainder read from|
|     |       |    $4216.                                                    |
|     |       |*** Operation will start when $4205 is set, and will be com-  |
|     |       |    pleted after 16 machine cycles.                           |
| w 2 |$4207  |Video horizontal IRQ beam position/pointer [HTIMEL/HTIMEH]    |
|     |       |0000000x xxxxxxxx     x: Beam position.                       |
|     |       |Valid values for x range from 0 to 339, due to overscan. The  |
|     |       |timer is reset every scanline, so unless it's disabled, you'll|
|     |       |receive an interrupt every time the beam hits the value given.|
| w 2 |$4209  |Video vertical IRQ beam position/pointer [VTIMEL/VTIMEH]      |
|     |       |0000000y yyyyyyyy     y: Beam position.                       |
|     |       |Same as $4207, but valid values for y are 0 to 261 (based from|
|     |       |overscan at the top of the screen).                           |
| w   |$420B  |DMA enable register [MDMAEN]                                  |
|     |       |abcdefgh              a: DMA channel #7.                      |
|     |       |                      b: DMA channel #6.                      |
|     |       |                      c: DMA channel #5.                      |
|     |       |                      d: DMA channel #4.                      |
|     |       |                      e: DMA channel #3.                      |
|     |       |                      f: DMA channel #2.                      |
|     |       |                      g: DMA channel #1.                      |
|     |       |                      h: DMA channel #0.                      |
| w   |$420C  |HDMA enable register.                                         |
|     |       |*** Same as $420B, virtually.                                 |
| w   |$420D  |Cycle speed register [MEMSEL]                                 |
|     |       |0000000x              x: 0 = Normal (2.68MHz).                |
|     |       |                         1 = Fast (3.58MHz).                  |
|     |       |Note that using the fast mode requires 120ns or faster EPROMs.|
|r    |$4210  |NMI register [RDNMI]                                          |
|     |       |x000vvvv              x: Disable/enable NMI.                  |
|     |       |                      v: Version # ($5A22 (???))              |
|     |       |Bit 7 can be reset to 0 by reading this register.             |
|rw   |$4211  |Video IRQ register [TIMEUP]                                   |
|     |       |i0000000              i: 0 = IRQ is not enabled.              |
|     |       |                         1 = IRQ is enabled.                  |
|     |       |This location MUST be read to clear a horizontal or vertical  |
|     |       |raster interrupt. It's all relative to $4200. If the horiz-   |
|     |       |ontal timer interrupt (bit 4, $4200) is set then the interrupt|
|     |       |will be generated according to the position in $4207. Same    |
|     |       |thing is for vertical timing (bit 5, $4200) but the position  |
|     |       |will be read from $4209, not $4207.                           |
|rw   |$4212  |Status register [HVBJOY]                                      |
|     |       |xy00000a              x: 0 = Not in VBlank state.             |
|     |       |                         1 = In VBlank state.                 |
|     |       |                      y: 0 = Not in HBlank state.             |
|     |       |                         1 = In HBlank state.                 |
|     |       |                      a: 0 = Joypad not ready.                |
|     |       |                         1 = Joypad ready.                    |
|r    |$4213  |Programmable I/O port (in-port) [RDIO]                        |
|r  2 |$4214  |Quotient of divide result [RDDIVL/RDDIVH]                     |
|r  2 |$4216  |Multiplication or divide result [RDMPYL/RDMPYH]               |
|r    |$4218  |Joypad #1 status register [JOY1L]                             |
|     |       |abcd0000              a: A button (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      b: X button (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      c: Top-Left (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      d: Top-Rght (1=pressed).                |
|r    |$4219  |Joypad #1 status register [JOY1H]                             |
|     |       |abcdefgh              a: B button (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      b: Y button (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      c: Select   (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      d: Start    (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      e: Up       (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      f: Down     (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      g: Left     (1=pressed).                |
|     |       |                      h: Right    (1=pressed).                |
|r    |$421A  |Joypad #2 status register [JOY2L] -|                          |
|r    |$421B  |Joypad #2 status register [JOY2H]  |                          |
|r    |$421C  |Joypad #3 status register [JOY3L]  |- Same as $4218 & $4219.  |
|r    |$421D  |Joypad #3 status register [JOY3H]  |                          |
|r    |$421E  |Joypad #4 status register [JOY4L]  |                          |
|r    |$421F  |Joypad #4 status register [JOY4H] -|                          |
|     |       |*** Joypad registers can be read w/ a 16-bit accum/X/Y and    |
|     |       |    both the high and low bytes will received valid data.     |
|The following data is for DMA-transfers. 'x' represents the DMA channel #,  |
|which ranges from 0 to 7. So, the following would represent each section:   |
|DMA #0: $4300-$4305.                                                        |
|DMA #1: $4310-$4315.                                                        |
|....................                                                        |
|DMA #7: $4370-$4375.                                                        |
| w   |$43x0  |DMA Control register [DMAPX]                                  |
|     |       |vh0cbaaa              v: 0 = CPU memory -> PPU.               |
|     |       |                         1 = PPU -> CPU memory.               |
|     |       |                      h: For HDMA only:                       |
|     |       |                         0 = Absolute addressing.             |
|     |       |                         1 = Indirect addressing.             |
|     |       |                      c: 0 = Auto address inc/decrement.      |
|     |       |                         1 = Fixed address (for VRAM, etc.).  |
|     |       |                      b: 0 = Automatic increment.             |
|     |       |                         1 = Automatic decrement.             |
|     |       |                      a: Transfer type:
|     |       |                         000 = 1 address write twice: LH.     |
|     |       |                         001 = 2 addresses: LH.               |
|     |       |                         010 = 1 address write once.          |
|     |       |                         011 = 2 addresses write twice: LLHH  |
|     |       |                         100 = 4 addresses: LHLH              |
| w   |$43x1  |DMA Destination register [BBADX]                              |
|     |       |xxxxxxxx              x: Low-byte address.                    |
|     |       |*** The upper-byte address is assumed to be $21, making your  |
|     |       |    access addresses $2100 to $21FF.                          |
| w 2 |$43x2  |Source address [A1TXL/A1TXH]                                  |
| w   |$43x4  |Source bank address [A1BX]                                    |
| w 2 |$43x5  |DMA transfer size & HDMA address register [DASXL/DASXH]       |
|     |       |*** When using DMA, $43x5 defines the # of bytes to be trans- |
|     |       |    ferred via DMA itself. When using HDMA, $43x5 defines the |
|     |       |    data address ($43x5 = low byte, $43x6 = hi byte).         |
| w   |$43xA  |Number of lines for HDMA transfer [NTRLX]                     |
|     |       |cxxxxxxx              c: Continue (0=yes, 1=no (???)).        |
|     |       |                      x: # of lines to transfer.              |
|Additional information follows.                                             |
|Most of the following information is for SMC files, and where the header    |
|info is kept in memory, etc. etc. etc...                                    |
|rw   |$FEED  |UNDOCUMENTED REGISTER: Felon's banana register [FBNANACNT]    |
|     |       |rcnnnnnn              r: Ripe bit (0=ripe, 1=rotten).         |
|     |       |                      c: Colour bit (0=yellow, 1=green).      |
|     |       |                      n: Number of bananas.                   |
|     |       |*** This register counts the number of bananas Felon currently|
|     |       |    has in his possession... (Who the hell is Felon?!).       |
|     |       |*** According to numerous sources, this register can be used  |
|     |       |    to calculate pi to the 5-billionth digit in 20 clock      |
|     |       |    cycles. The number of cycles corresponds to Felon's age,  |
|     |       |    increasing by 1 every 365 days (1 year). It is increased  |
|     |       |    by 2 every leap year.                                     |
|rw   |$FFC0  |Cartridge title.                                              |
|rw   |$FFD6  |ROM/RAM information on cart.                                  |
|rw   |$FFD7  |ROM size.                                                     |
|rw   |$FFD8  |RAM size.                                                     |
|rw   |$FFD9  |Developer ID code.                                            |
|rw   |$FFDB  |Version number.                                               |
|rw   |$FFDC  |Checksum complement.                                          |
|rw   |$FFDE  |Checksum.                                                     |
|rw   |$FFEA  |NMI vector/VBL interrupt.                                     |
|rw   |$FFEC  |Reset vector.                                                 |

|The SNES has some interesting colour characteristics. The colour, theoret-  |
|ically is 15 bit; each RGB value (Red, Green, and Blue) has 5 bits for each |
|colour.                                                                     |
|When it comes to putting the colour data into $2122, the format (in binary) |
|is the following:                                                           |
|  b: Blue                   ?bbbbbgg gggrrrrr                               |
|  g: Green                                                                  |
|  r: Red                                                                    |
|  ?: The infamous bit-of-confusion. :-)                                     |
|A quick colour chart could be the following:                                |
|  $7FFF [0111 1111 1111 1111]: White.                                       |
|  $001F [0000 0000 0001 1111]: Red.                                         |
|  $03E0 [0000 0011 1110 0000]: Green.                                       |
|  $7C00 [0111 1100 0000 0000]: Blue.                                        |
|  $7C1F [0111 1100 0001 1111]: Purple.                                      |
|  $7FE0 [0111 1111 1110 0000]: Aqua.                                        |
|  $03FF [0000 0011 1111 1111]: Yellow.                                      |

|For those of you who don't know how the SNES does do it's graphics, it      |
|uses tiles (surprise surprise!).                                            |
|There are different MODEs on the SNES; the most famous being MODE 7.        |
|Most people think that $2106 (Screen Pixelation: Look in SNES.1 for an ex-  |
|planation on this register) is MODE 7. *** THIS IS NOT MODE 7!!! ***.       |
|So, the next time the pixels get really "big" (almost making them look like |
|look like IBM-clone 320x200x256 MODE 13h graphics), and your friend says    |
|"WOW! MODE 7 is really awesome," punch him/her in the nose for me. Just     |
|joking. :-)                                                                 |
|I'll be explaining MODE 1. I know how MODE 7 works, but since i've never    |
|used it, don't plan on me explaining it in the near future. Sorry to those  |
|who were looking for a MODE 7 document. Look elsewhere...                   |
|MODE   # of BGs       MaxColour/Tile  Palettes      Colours                 |
|0      4              4               8             32                      |
|1      3              16/16/4         8             128                     |
|MODE 0 is good for geometric shapes (if you were going to rotate a wire-    |
|frame cube, or something like that), basic star scrolls, or a very 'bland'  |
|text scroller... it's pretty cool and doesn't take up much space.           |
|I'm going to explain MODE 1, since MODE 0 is the same thing but with less   |
|bitplanes. :-)                                                              |
|MODE 1 is really best for things; detailed star scrolls, text scrollers,    |
|geometric shapes, and filled objects. It's the most common used MODE in the |
|the professional SNES programming world.                                    |
|You need to "setup the plane" to tell it what tile goes where. If you want  |
|demo-code, check out 'test.asm' in 'test.lzh'.                              |
|So, lets assume we have a character (a 8x8 tile) which we want to work with |
|to figure out the SNES's colour scheme:                                     |
|TestCHR1       dcb $00,$00,$00,$00,$00,$00,$00,$00 ; '@'                    |
|TestCHR2       dcb $00,$3C,$4E,$5E,$5E,$40,$3C,$00 ; '@'                    |
|You're probably wondering how the two lines above turn into actual graphic  |
|data on your monitor or television set. Very simple. Consider each byte     |
|(each new $xx statement) a new pixel line. Tile size is 8x8.                |
|      %00000000          = $00                                              |
|      %00000000          = $00    This is TestCHR1                          |
|      %00111100          = $3C    This is TestCHR2                          |
|      %01001110          = $4E                                              |
|      %01011110          = $5E                                              |
|      %01011110          = $5E                                              |
|      %01000000          = $40                                              |
|      %00111100          = $3C                                              |
|The at-symbol ('@') is visible in TestCHR2. Now you're probably wondering   |
|"Well, that tells me how to define a pixel on and off; what about the colour|
|itself!" Once again, very simple, but a tad more complex:                   |
|If you have a 0 for bitplane 0, a 0 for bitplane 1, a 0 for bitplane 2,     |
|and a 0 for bitplane 3, you get color #0; eg.:                              |
|                       0000 = Color #0                                      |
|                       ||||___________Bitplane 0                            |
|                       |||__________Bitplane 1                              |
|                       ||_________Bitplane 2                                |
|                       |________Bitplane 3                                  |
|So, now, think about a 0 for bitplane 0, a 1 for bitplane 1 and 2, and a 0  |
|for bitplane 3:                                                             |
|                       0110 = Color #6                                      |
|                       ||||___________Bitplane 0                            |
|                       |||__________Bitplane 1                              |
|                       |_________Bitplane 2                                 |
|                       |________Bitplane 3                                  |
|Keep in mind, this is the best explanation i've ever seen done about SNES   |
|pixel color definition. Until I see better, I'd have to say this is the     |
|best it's gonna get.                                                        |
|The result above gives you the color # per pixel; it's interesting. It's an |
|"overlay" method, so-to-speak, not to confuse this w/ main and sub-screens. |

|MODE   # of BGs       MaxColour/Tile  Palettes      Colours                 |
|0      4              4               8             32                      |
|1      3              16/16/4         8             128                     |
|2      ?              ???             ?             ???                     |
|3      2              256 & 16        1 & 8         256 & 32                |
|4      2              256 & 4         1 & 8         256 & 32                |
|5      ?              ???             ?             ???                     |
|6      ?              16              8             128 (Interlaced mode)   |
|7      ?              256             1             256                     |
|Parms which have question marks ("?") mean that I don't know their stats.   |
|Any information would be greatly appreciated! I have personally tested some |
|of the MODEs (MODE 0, 1, and 3), but none of the rest.                      |
|MODE 1's "16/16/4" means you can have 16 colours per tile on BG1 and BG2,   |
|but on BG3 you can only have 4.                                             |
|MODE 3 can have 256 colours on the first plane, but only 16 on the second.  |
|MODE 4 isn't the exact same as MODE 3 (as v2.20 of my document stated), but |
|i'm waiting for someone to tell me the differences...                       |

|The OBJs use a lookup table that contains info on their X and Y position on |
|the screen, their size, if they're flipped vertically or horizontally, their|
|colour, and the actual data.                                                |
|The format you need to make the table is as follows:                        |
|Spr. #   Size   Offset        Explanation                                   |
|   0     Byte   0             xxxxxxxx           x: X-location.             |
|         Byte   1             yyyyyyyy           y: Y-location.             |
|         Byte   2             abcdeeeC           a: Vertical flip.          |
|                                                 b: Horizontal flip.        |
|                                                 c: Playfield priority.     |
|                                                 d: Playfield priority.     |
|                                                 e: Pallete #.              |
|         Byte   3             CCCCCCCC           C: Character data.         |
|   1     Byte   4             xxxxxxxx           x: X-location.             |
|         Byte   5             yyyyyyyy           y: Y-location.             |
|         Byte   6             abcdeeeC           a: Vertical flip.          |
|                                                 b: Horizontal flip.        |
|                                                 c: Playfield priority.     |
|                                                 d: Playfield priority.     |
|                                                 e: Pallete #.              |
|         Byte   7             CCCCCCCC           C: Character data.         |
|...and so on...                                                             |
|Continue this table all the way down to OBJ #127 (out of 128). Don't think  |
|you're finished quite yet: There is one more table of data required.        |
|2 bits are defined for each OBJ (eg. byte #0 holds the info for OBJ 0, 1, 2,|
|and 3; byte #1 holds the info for OBJ 4, 5, 6, and 7). Therefore, 128/4 is  |
|32 bytes of data for the following table:                                   |
|                                  ab                                        |
|                                  ||____Size toggle bit.                    |
|                                  |_____MSB of X-position bit.              |
|So, the 4 bytes/sprites + the block are put into the OAM table by consec-   |
|utive writes to the OAM data register. You first should set the OAM address |
|to $0000, then shove your data into it.                                     |
|If you don't set the block after the OAM as well, the results are bad. All  |
|the data for the MSB stuff wouldn't be defined correctly, which would result|
|in your entire OBJ table being wacko. Have atleast some 0's there or a table|
|which you really want to use in the long run.                               |

|I have never used an actual Super MagiComm before, and I would strongly re- |
|commend not using these unless you know what each one does for sure. If you |
|decide to write any sort-of operating system for the SNES, please do get in |
|touch with me.                                                              |
|The below registers i've never tested, or had tested. If you end up killing |
|your console unit because of this, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY.                |
|Location    Value returned when read         Value input when written       |
|$C000:      Input Register                                                  |
|$C002:                                       Digital Output Register        |
|$C004:      Main Status Register                                            |
|$C005:      Data Register                    Data Register                  |
|$C007:      Digital Input Register           Disk Control Register          |
|$C008:      Parallel Data                    Parallel Data                  |
|$C009:      Parallel Status                                                 |
|Here's a really basic memory map of the SNES's memory. Thanks to Geggin of  |
|Censor for supplying this. Reminder: this is a memory map in MODE 20.       |
|Bank   |Address       |Description                                          |
|-------|--------------|-----------------------------------------------------|
|$00-$3F|$0000-$1FFF   |Scratchpad RAM. Set D-reg here if you'd like (I do)  |
|       |$2000-$5FFF   |Reserved (PPU, DMA)                                  |
|       |$6000-$7FFF   |Expand (???)                                         |
|       |$8000-$FFFF   |ROM (for code, graphics, etc.)                       |
|$70    |$0000-$7FFF   |SRAM (BRAM) - Battery RAM                            |
|$7E    |$0000-$1FFF   |Scratchpad RAM (same as bank $00 to $3F)             |
|       |$2000-$FFFF   |RAM (for music, or whatever)                         |
|$7F    |$0000-$FFFF   |RAM (for whatever)                                   |

I'd like to thank the following people:

Jeremy Gordon: Thanks for supplying me your sprite documentation. I
                       don't think this doc. would be complete without it!
                       Also for 65816 v2.0! Excellent assembler.
            AntiTrack: Thanks for the source! Next time, i'll ask! (grin)
                Toshi: I know you can't say much due to your job, but I
                       really appreciate all the moral support you've given
                       me. I wish I could show you how much it means to me.
                minus: Work on TRASM some more! Fix' dem bugs! :-)
                 Jehu: Keep in touch. Get back to me about the job!
              Clay C.: Without you, who knows where i'd be.
                Troy_: I appreciate the logos!
     Geggin of Censor: Thanks for the memory map!
    D. Messiah of PiR: ...for all the EMail, long talks, 'n all that jazz.
                       You're like a brother to me.

Hellos and "HEY! You're important too!"s go out to:

III_Demon, JackRippr, Amos, Norm, Hardware, Skywalkr, KingPhish,
        felon, AntiTrack, IRSMan, sendog, SHORYUKEN, _grazzt, RuGalz, and
        all the rest of the #SNES and famidev-gang.

...de todos modos, yo si fuera tu, aprovecharía la ocasión para mirar pads de SNES mejores que los oficiales. Los hay muy majos con funciones, o incluso wireless. Esto me genera una duda, ¿los mandos sin cables son solo por infrarojos?, para que estos funcionen, no deben haber obstaculos en medio, ¿verdad?.

wireless??' donde no he visto eso, son buenos, que tal la calidad y respuesta huyyyyy quiero quiero quiero jejje donde venden
stroquer escribió:¿Y no tiene nada que ver que la fuente de alimentacion creo que es la de una nes? ¿como distingo la que es de snes?

Que me corrijan si me equivoco, pero usan exactamente la misma fuente.

ChepoXX escribió:wireless??' donde no he visto eso, son buenos, que tal la calidad y respuesta huyyyyy quiero quiero quiero jejje donde venden

No, wireless no. Me he cuidado mucho de usar esa palabra... la tecnología de entonces era por infrarojos. Otra cosa es que alguien haya fabricado algo mas moderno.
Nadie tiene pensado en hacer una Review?
Yo tengo una preparada, pero no quiero postearla en esta pagina.
Me he estado leyendo un poco el hilo y no veas cuanta informacion tiene este hilo, lo que mas me gusta es que va al grano y se ven datos tecnicos.

Felicidades Ralph, esta muy currado [oki]
Está al principio del post y no me había fijado en este dato:
Japón: 21 de Noviembre de 1990
EE.UU: 1 de Agosto de 1991
Europa: 11 de Abril de 1992
Australia: 3 de Julio de 1992

Creía que la diferencia en el lanzamiento con Japón era menor y no llega al año y medio por poco.
racort escribió:Está al principio del post y no me había fijado en este dato:

Creía que la diferencia en el lanzamiento con Japón era menor y no llega al año y medio por poco.

A mí me parece que año y medio es una locura!! Es muchísimo tiempo para esperar el lanzamiento de una consola y la cantidad de buenos juegos que pueden salir en ese periodo y que tienen muchas posibilidades de no ver jamás la luz es enorme.

Lo curioso es que cuando era pequeño y vi que la SNES solo la lanzaron con 4 juegos (Street Figher 2 y Super Mario Bros en el pack, y luego sueltos el Super Soccer, Super Tenis, F-Zero y creo que Castelvania), pensé que era porque todavía no les había dado tiempo a programarlos, porque estaba recién salida del horno... ¡¡qué iluso de mí!! [+risas]
Cuando me enteré que en Japón llevaba tanto tiempo partiendo la pana se me quedó cara de OWNED!! :D
magno escribió:

A mí me parece que año y medio es una locura!! Es muchísimo tiempo para esperar el lanzamiento de una consola y la cantidad de buenos juegos que pueden salir en ese periodo y que tienen muchas posibilidades de no ver jamás la luz es enorme.

Lo curioso es que cuando era pequeño y vi que la SNES solo la lanzaron con 4 juegos (Street Figher 2 y Super Mario Bros en el pack, y luego sueltos el Super Soccer, Super Tenis, F-Zero y creo que Castelvania), pensé que era porque todavía no les había dado tiempo a programarlos, porque estaba recién salida del horno... ¡¡qué iluso de mí!! [+risas]
Cuando me enteré que en Japón llevaba tanto tiempo partiendo la pana se me quedó cara de OWNED!! :D

Es cierto, pero incluso es menos diferencia que en el caso de MegaDrive (2 años enteros). Creo que SF2 no fue un título de lanzamiento (salió 6 meses más tarde) en Europa y de los que dices falta Pilotwings. Son los mismos títulos del lanzamiento japonés (hechos en 1990,vamos) así que lo primero que vimos los europeos de la consola fue lo mismo que los japoneses. Alguien podría confirmarlo, pero creo que casi todos los hits que se hicieron entre la dos fechas terminaron llegando a Europa.

(mensaje borrado)

Imagen

Año: 21 de Diciembre de 1990
Género: Simulador
Desarrollador: Nintendo
Jugadores: 1
Megas: 4

Describiendo sensaciones

Ya en 1992 (fecha de lanzamiento de la SNES en europa) hacía casi dos años que el mundo descubrió lo que significa disfrutar de juegos 3D con calidad profesional desde el salón de casa, cuando todos nos quedamos maravillados con la posibilidad de explorar la tercera dimensión con Pilotwings. Si bien no terminaba de convencer la excesiva pixelación en los mayores acercamientos a los planos que conformaban el suelo de los escenarios, saltar de una NES, o incluso de una megadrive, a esto, seguía suponiendo una vuelta de tuerca en diversión, pero sobre todo, en tecnología.
Super Nintendo significaba por aquel entonces potencia gráfica, y colorido. Entre este, el Super Mario world, y el inminente Street Fighter 2, acapararon todas las portadas y la atención de los jugadores... la 16 bits no solo estaba de moda, si no que además vencía y convencía. Dejó patente la importancia de contar con las bondades de un buen apoyo de video y de audio, a pesar de una CPU discreta, por lo que finalmente se reveló contra la mediocridad que se presuponía, iba a hacer gala, pero fué todavía mas impresionante de lo que esperaban las predicciones mas optimistas. En general, la sensación inicial fué que la SNES era inabarcable para la competencia.

El modo 7 fué coto privado de la maquina de Nintendo durante toda la época de las 16 bits, cosa que fué explotada, pero no sobreexplotada. Sin embargo, la tecnología nunca llegó a mejorarse demasiado; pasamos de una pista de baloncesto, pero sin gradas ni nada, en el "World league basketball", a un entorno mejorado, ya mostrando un escenario completo en "NBA Give'n go", port de recreativa del "Run and Gun" de konami, aunque no sin limitaciones. Aún así, era el principio de una tecnología que en tan solo una generación, la de las 32 bits, iba a dejar herida de muerte a la industria de las maquinas recreativas. No se puede tener todo, supongo...

Imagen Imagen

En materia

Pilotwings es un juego muy de la escuela del Combat school de konami, en el tenemos que sacarnos la licencia de piloto durante una serie de pruebas, para finalmente afrontar una misión con fuego real a manos de un helicoptero (misión que no he conseguido completar todavía). Tiene su origen en una demo técnica de 1988, en el que se mostraba un avión volando sobre un escenario generado en modo-7, mas tarde se convirtió en un proyecto para ser convertido en un juego, aunque cambiando su concepto. Hay información sobre esto en el artículo sobre juegos cancelados, en el índice del hilo.
Es un juego con un tiempo de partida mas o menos intermedia. Con la pericia de un buen jugador no debería durar mucho mas de 30 minutos, a groso modo. Es un leve fallo, pero si nos atenemos a su mas que suficiente variedad de situaciones con las que afrontar las pruebas, sea cual sea la duración de las partidas, podremos contar con no aburrirnos nunca.
Las pruebas se desarrollan en cuatro areas diferentes, y en cada una de ellas hay varias pruebas, involucrando a todas las modalidades (ala delta, avión biplano, cinturón cohete, y paracaidas), que pueden ser superadas en el orden que elija del jugador. Si se fracasa en el intento, podrá intentarse de nuevo, pero no podremos superar cada area si no alcanzamos la puntuación total requerida, y esta depende fundamentalmente del tiempo que tardemos en superar las pruebas, y de la precisión con que lo hagamos.

Las pruebas

-Las pruebas con el biplano están disponibles en todas las areas de entrenamiento, y consisten básicamente en alcanzar una serie de puntos que conforman una ruta prefijada. La prueba no termina hasta que no se consigue aterrizar el avión, y este, es otro obstaculo mas, ya que su manejo es bastante rígido, y muy dependiente de la inercia. En ocasiones, el despegue corre también a cuenta del jugador.
-Las pruebas con el cinturón cohete tienen un combustible limitado, y su control depende de la aceleración/velocidad que alcancemos. Esta modalidad nos concede dos camaras diferentes desde las que controlar la situación. Las pruebas consisten en pasar a través de unos anillos (o metas de similar caracteristica), a modo de slalom, como en las pruebas de esquí alpino. Superado este requisito, el jugador deberá aterrizar en un punto concreto, a modo de diana, y el cual determina parte de la puntuación total obtenida
-El ala delta no ofrece pruebas basadas en alcanzar puntos de control, su unica dificultad será alcanzar la meta, y para ello es vital jugar con las corrientes termicas, y evitar maniobras que te hagan entrar en pérdida, y caer en picado. Posiblemente sea esta la modalidad que requiera de mas habilidad de pilotaje.
-El paracaidas es la única modalidad no basada en el pilotaje, la única tarea es gestionar el control de la caida. Se puede desplegar manualmente, girar a izquierda y derecha, o rotar sobre si mismo. La finalidad es aterrizar en un punto concreto, al mismo estilo que con el cinturón cohete, es decir, en una diana, pero pasando por una serie de circulos que también otorgan puntos.

Misión final

El helicoptero puede moverse en cualquier dirección, además de controlar la altura. Posee además dos tipos de disparo, la típica ametralladora, y los misiles, a modo de arma secundaria.

El planteamiento de la misión es sencillo: un agente del gobierno se ha infiltrado en una base enemiga en Izanu Island y ha liberado a los instructores que ahora deben ser rescatados. La misión es rescatarlos a todos aterrizando en los helipuertos.
La dificultad de la misión radica en que un solo impacto hará que fracasemos en la misión, con lo que el agobio será prácticamente constante. Por fortuna, el juego ofrece un sistema de passwords (menos es nada), y no será necesario tener qeu completar el juego de principio a fin cada vez que queramos intentarlo de nuevo.

Fases de bonificación (fuente: wikipedia)

En las fases de Paracaídas, Ala delta y Cinturón cohete, si se aterriza sobre unas plataformas móviles, se tendrá acceso a fases en las que se podrá obtener una puntuación extra. Estas fases consisten en:

· Paracaídas: se tendrá que manejar un pingüino sumergido en una piscina y atravesar círculos de diferentes puntuaciones.
· Ala delta: intentar que un hombre con alas llegue lo más lejos posible.
· Cinturón cohete: manejar a un hombre con alas a través de diferentes trampolines hasta aterrizar en una determinada zona.

Imagen Imagen

Gráficos

No son lo importante, y no destacan, pero si hacemos uso de la imaginación, y nos trasladamos a 1993 (fecha de salida en europa), su perspectiva se lleva todos los meritos por recrear un efecto de profundidad nunca vistos. Ya por entonces era difícil olvidarse del hecho de que en primerísimos planos, todo era plano, sin volumen, y disgustaba un poco. De todos modos, si hoy en día todo lo visual de pilotwings se deja mirar, ya que la clave es el contenido, imaginaroslo en su época, con toda la novedad que representaba eso del modo-7. Además, la curvatura del planeta está bastante bien conseguida, lo cual le hace ganar mucho a esos gráficos... es un detalle que no pasa inadvertido, pero solo si lo ves en movimiento, en las fotos no se advierte gran cosa.

Los "vehiculos" del jugador no ofrecen animaciones dignas de mención, pero, ¿de que hubiera servido si el escenario es el que acapara toda la atención?. Por limitaciones de hardware, no obstante, todo el evento gráfico deja una enorme sensación de "vacío desertico", al ser representado con detalle unicamente la zona donde transcurre la prueba, siendo el resto una triste degradación de colores. En otros juegos se ha solucionado, pero claro está, disimulando la carencia de este estilo gráfico, y es que cuando la cámara te permite alejar tanto la vista, a ver quien es el guapo que se las ingenia. De todos modos, la SNES permite superficies mucho mas grandes que las que vemos en Pilotwings, pero estamos hablando de uno de los juegos pioneros, y es que las cosas suelen llegar poco a poco.

Imagen Imagen

Sonido

La parte mas flojita. Partituras sencillas, y no muchas. Acompaña el sonido del motor en la avioneta, el de las aspas del helicoptero en la misión real, el del viento (o algo parecido) cuando vamos en paracaidas, y el del motor a reacción en las pruebas del jet pack.
Estamos quizá demasiado acostumbrados hoy en día a las bondades del almacenamiento que nos brindan soportes como el blu-ray, o mismamente el DVD, donde se pueden despilfarrar recursos (según el caso), y es que todo este juego está metido en un cartucho de tan solo 4 megas, no se puede esperar gran cosa, esto es lo que hay, pero es aquí donde entra la crítica (que para eso estoy aquí). No puedo dejar de especular con la idea de que el sistema de sonido de la SNES da para mucho mas, y aunque haberle metido unos SFX enormes hubiera podido ser incluso razonable para lo que da de si esta maquina, creo que hubiera desentonado un poco con el aspecto que lucen los vehiculos (no aspecto gráfico general). Pienso en el sonido del viento al tirarte en paracaidas, que podría haber sido un poco mas real... o en el sonido de los motores, por ejemplo, y creo que el juego hubiera terminado de mostrar un acabado perfectamente redondo. No mucho mas que añadir, simplemente cumple, y la verdad es que tampoco necesita mas, porque no es lo que acapara el protagonismo aquí, al fin y al cabo. Yo hubiera apostado por ello, eso si.

Imagen Imagen

Jugabilidad

Sólida como un roca. La física tiene un comportamiento adecuado según el funcionamiento de cada "vehiculo". Sin ser, ni pretender entrar en una simulación agresiva. Simplemente ofrece un amplio abanico de posibilidades a la manera de jugar y comprender las pruebas. Está lo suficientemente bien conseguido como para echar de menos mas vehiculos y situaciones, pero esa es otra historia. En los juegos mas simplificados no lleva mucho tiempo describir lo que ofrecen, y salvo comentar las sensación a los mandos, poco mas es reseñable.
El control pocas veces se va a escapar a lo que tu realmente querías hacer, y es que luchas contra las fuerzas de la naturaleza. Hay que decir que si bien es complicado aterrizar, o dejar a un parachute justo donde quieres, el resultado de dichas maniobras, y el resto de las necesarias, nunca llegarán a frustrar al jugador, lo cual es un gran indicador del empeño que le han puesto en calibrar y nivelar todas las formas de control.
La fase de la misión de rescate ya es otra historia, de repente pasas de una manera de afrontar las dificultades, a directamente tener que esquivar y luchar. Pilla un poco desprevenido, y como no te adaptes rápido a la nueva situación, harán papilla de soldadito contigo. La dificultad aumenta en esta fase del juego, no vamos a pedir que esto sea un paseo, pero que el helicoptero resista un poco mas, sin que eso signifique poner las cosas mas fáciles, hubiera equilibrado las sensaciones entre ambos tipos de misiones en el juego.

Imagen
Versión americana de la carátula del juego

Conclusión

Este es uno de esos juegos que están para ocupar esos pequeños ratos, en los que casi siempre sobran 20 o 30 minutos para echarse unas partidas sin complicaciones a un juego de planteamiento "corto", pero de intenciones mas serias que la media. Al contrario de lo que suele suceder con los juegos para un "ratito", este engancha, divierte, y ofrece diversidad (la suficiente) y solidez con su planteamiento.
Como punto negativo, se le puede achacar no ofrecer un modo multijugador. La pantalla partida hubiera dado mucho de si, sobre todo en la fase de la misión de rescate, que hubiera podido incluso ser subceptible de verse ampliada con mas duración, o al menos un par de escalas, a modo de fases intermedias o algo. El juego permite continuar la partida gracias a un sistema de passwords, lo cual, pese a la duración total del cartucho, se agradece si tenemos en cuenta que fracasaremos bastantes veces en la misión final, y así nos podremos ahorrar la tarea de volver a empezar desde el principio cada vez que juguemos.

...pero esto es lo que hay, no vamos a ser injustos tampoco con un gran juego, que aunque no tiene todo lo que le podríamos pedir, si ofrece lo mas importante: buen contenido, buena capacidad para divertir, y un planteamiento que procede de los salones recreativos (ya he mencionado antes el Combat school). Este Pilotwings, por nostalgia o por merecimiento, merece estar en cualquier estantería, no es decir poco en su favor.

Imagen

Juegazo ese Pilotwings. Recuerdo la pila de horas que le metí. Las ultimas misiones, con el helicóptero eran verdaderamente chungas.
magno escribió:

a lo mejor me falla la memoria, pero el street fighter 2 no fue juego de lanzamiento de la SNES, salio algun tiempo despues de ser lanzada, me equivoco?
brasodrope escribió:
magno escribió:

a lo mejor me falla la memoria, pero el street fighter 2 no fue juego de lanzamiento de la SNES, salio algun tiempo despues de ser lanzada, me equivoco?

Pues es probable, porque ciertamente yo me compré la SNES en navidades con el super pack Mario+SFII, y la consola ya se había puesto a la venta sobre verano, así que quizá esos primeros meses me los perdí :)
Nunca entendí esa portada. Veías la portada de Fzero y sabías que se trataba de un juego de velocidad, veías el SMW y sabías que era un plataformas...yo veía la portada del Pilotwings y pensaba que se trataba del típico juego simplón (algo así como bubble booble, o como se escriba).

Voy a probarlo porque tiene una pinta cojonuda.
John Torrijas escribió:Voy a probarlo porque tiene una pinta cojonuda.

la tiene, la tiene, en la review ya digo que tiene el mismo desarrollo que el combat school. No puede defraudar nunca :)
Es un muy buen juego ,recuerdo que mucha gente aseguró que era mucho mejor esta versión que la version del n64.
brasodrope escribió:a lo mejor me falla la memoria, pero el Street Fighter 2 no fue juego de lanzamiento de la SNES, salio algún tiempo después de ser lanzada, me equivoco?

La consola se puso a la venta sobre mayo de 1992, sola o con el pack de Super Mario World.

Sobre noviembre de ese mismo año sacaron el Street Fighter 2, y en diciembre el pack SNES+SMW+SF2. ¡¡¡Una puta locura fue lo que ocurrió!!!

Como curiosidad, los juegos de lanzamiento fueron a parte de SMW, el Pilotwings, Super Castlevania IV, Super Probotector, The Family Addams, U.N. Squadron, Final Fight, Dragon´s Lair, Super Adventure Island, Super Ghouls´n Ghosts, Rival Turf, Robocop 3, Joe & Mac, Super R-Type, Smash TV, Super Soccer y Super Tennis.

Así que eso de solo 4, nada de nada.
oscx7 escribió:Me he estado leyendo un poco el hilo y no veas cuanta informacion tiene este hilo, lo que mas me gusta es que va al grano y se ven datos tecnicos.

Felicidades Ralph, esta muy currado [oki]

Gracias Oscx7, queda mucho todavía por delante :)

Diskover escribió:La consola se puso a la venta sobre mayo de 1992, sola o con el pack de Super Mario World.

Por lo visto fué el 11 de abril de 1992.

Diskover escribió:Sobre noviembre de ese mismo año sacaron el Street Fighter 2, y en diciembre el pack SNES+SMW+SF2. ¡¡¡Una puta locura fue lo que ocurrió!!!

Es una chorradita en realidad, pero es una de esas cosas que hay que vivir. Cosas de críos, si, pero que especiales fueron aquellos años: el primer juego procedente de los arcades portado con decencia... todo un precedente.

...Se lo podremos contar a nuestros hijos, pero nunca lo entenderán XD
Muy buen análisis. pilotwings fue ampliamente superado en las siguientes hornadas de juegos de la Super, pero cumplió su papel de mostrar las bondades del chip de video de la consolay el modo 7.
Por cierto, me ha parecido interesante la referencia que has hecho al principio acerca de las especulaciones qe se hicieron acerca de la capacidad técnica de Super Nintendo. Leí que los jefazos de la compañía impusieron una CPU modesta para abaratar costes (era su obsesión) y luego los ingenieros se la ingeniaron , valga la redundancia, para introducir mejoras con chips de apoyo (igual que se hizo con la Pc engine) . Pero sí, hubo gente que dijo que la Super no iba a poder mover cosas que luego demostro que sí, y holgadamente.
En realidad la intención fué la de incluir un motorola 68000 a 10 mhz, pero la consola ya llevaba demasiado retraso, y decidieron incluir el W65c816, versión de 16 bits del chip de la NES (aunque no se limitaba solo a incluir un bus superior, también estaba mas evolucionado). El caso es que no se quiso abaratar costes, eso es una falacia, lo que ocurrió es que no quedó mas remedio que tirar por el camino de en medio.

...de hecho, se quiso incluir el chip M.A.R.I.O (super FX) junto con el resto de chips de video. Está todo en la documentación del índice.
Ralph escribió:En realidad la intención fué la de incluir un motorola 68000 a 10 mhz, pero la consola ya llevaba demasiado retraso, y decidieron incluir el W65c816, versión de 16 bits del chip de la NES (aunque no se limitaba solo a incluir un bus superior, también estaba mas evolucionado). El caso es que no se quiso abaratar costes, eso es una falacia, lo que ocurrió es que no quedó mas remedio que tirar por el camino de en medio.

...de hecho, se quiso incluir el chip M.A.R.I.O (super FX) junto con el resto de chips de video. Está todo en la documentación del índice.

Guay, la leeré con interés, sé poco de la genesis de la super nes.

Referencias y definiciones del 65c816

Microcircuits

CMOS 8/16-Bit Microprocessor Family
65sc802 is both software and pin-to-pin compatible with 6502.
G65SC802 / G65SC816 Data Sheets

* Features
    * AC/DC Characteristics
    * Functional Description
    * Addressing Modes
    * Notes on Instructions
    * Interrupts
    * Table 4. List of Mnemonics
    * Table 5-7. Instructions
    * Table 8. Opcode Matrix
    * Table 9. Detailed Instruction Operation
    * Figure 1. Block Diagram

GTE G 65 SC 802 / G 65 SC 816 Microcircuits

CMOS 8/16-Bit Microprocessor Family

Features
Advanced CMOS design for low power consumption and increased
noise immunity
Emulation mode for total software compatibility with 6502 designs
Full 16-bit ALU, Accumulator, Stack Pointer, and Index Registers
Direct Register for ''zero page'' addressing
24 addressing modes (including 13 original 6502 modes)
Wait for Interrupt (WAI) and Stop the Clock (STP) instructions
for reduced power consumption and decreased interrupt latency
91 instructions with 255 opcodes
Co-Processor (COP) instruction and associated vector
Powerful Block Move instructions

Features (G65SC802 Only)
8-Bit Mode with both software and hardware (pin-to-pin) compatibility
with 6502 designs (64 KByte memory space)
Program selectable 16-bit operation
Choice of external or on-board clock generation

Features (G65SC816 Only)
Full 16-bit operation with 24 address lines for 16 MByte memory
Program selectable 8-Bit Mode for 6502 coding compatibility.
Valid Program Address (VPA) and Valid Data Address (VDA) outputs
for dual cache and DMA cycle steal implementation
Vector Pull (VP) output indicates when interrupt vectors are being
fetched. May be used for vectoring/prioritizing interrupts.
Abort interrupt and associated vector for interrupting any instruction
without modifying internal registers
Memory Lock (ML) for multiprocessor system implementation

General Description

The G65SC802 and G65SC816 are ADV-CMOS (ADVanced CMOS) 16-bit microprocessors
featuring total software compatibility with 8-bit NMOS and CMOS 6500 series
microprocessors. The G65SC802 is pin-to-pin compatible with 8-bit 6502 devices
currently available, while also providing full 16-bit internal operation. The
G65SC816 provides 24 address lines for 16 MByte addressing, while providing
both 8-bit and 16-bit operation.

Each microprocessor contains an Emulation (E) mode for emulating 8-bit NMOS
and CMOS 6500-Series microprocessors. A software switch determines whether the
processor is in the 8-bit ernulation mode or in the Native 16-bit mode.
This allows existing 8-bit system designs to use the many powerful features of
the G65SC802 and G65SC816.

The G65SC802 and G65SC816 provide the system engineer with many powerful
features and options. A 16-bit Direct Page Register is provided to augment the
Direct Page addressing mode, and there are separate Prograrn Bank Registers
for 24-bit memory addressing.
Other valuable features Include:
    * An Abort input which can interrupt the current instruction without
    modifying internal registers
    * Valid Data Address (VDA) and Valid Prograrn Address (VPA) output swhich
    facilitate dual cache memory by indicating whether a data or program
    segment is being accessed.
    * Vector modification by simply monitoring the Vector Pull (VP) output.
    * Block Move Instructions

G65SC802 and G65SC816 microprocessors offer the design engineer a new freedom
of design and application, and the many advantages of state-of-the-art
ADV-CMOS technology.

This is advanced information and specifications are subject to change without notice.

Imagen

This device contains input protection against damage due to high static
voltages or electric fields; however, precautions should be taken to avoid
application of voltages higher than the maximum rating.

Notes:
1. Exceeding these ratings may cause permanent damage. Functional
operation under these conditions is not implied.

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Functional Description

The G65SC802 offers the design engineer the opportunity to utilize both
existing software programs and hardware configurations, while also
achieving the added advantages of increased register lengths and faster
execution times. The G65SC802's "ease of use" design and implementation
features provide the designer with increased flexibility and reduced
implementation costs In the Emulation mode, the G65SC802 not only offers
software compatibility, but is also hardware (pin-to-pin) compatible with
6502 designs plus it provides the advantages of 16-bit internal operation
in 6502-compatible applications. The G65SC802 is an excellent direct
replacement microprocessor for 6502 designs.

The G65SC816 provides the design engineer with upward mobility and software
compatibility in applications where a 16-bit system configuration is desired.
The G65SC816's 16-bit hardware configuration, coupled with current software
allows a wide selection of system applications. In the Emulation mode, the
G65SC816 ofters many advantages, including full software compatibility with
6502 coding. In addition, the G65SC816's powerful instruction set and
addressing modes make it an excellent choice for new 16-bit designs.

Internal organization of the G65SC802 and G65SC816 can be divided into two
parts: 1) The Register Section, and 2) The Control Section Instructions
(or opcodes) obtained from program memory are executed by implementing a
series of data transfers within the Register Section.
Signals that cause data transfers to be executed are generated within the
Control Section. Both the G65SC802 and the G65SC816 have a 16-bit internal
architecture with an 8-bit external data bus.

Instructlon Register and Decode

An opcode enters the processor on the Data Bus, and is latched into the
Instruction Register during the instruction fetch cycle. This instruction is
then decoded, along with timing and interrupt signals, to generate the
various Instruction Register control signals.

Timing Control Unit (TCU)

The Timing Control Unit keeps track of each instruction cycle as it is
executed. The TCU is set to zero each time an instruction fetch is executed,
and is advanced at the beginning of each cycle for as many cycles as is
required to complete the instruction Each data transfer between registers
depends upon decoding the contents of both the Instruction Register and
the Timing Control Unit.

Arithmetic and Logic Unit (ALU)

All arithmetic and logic operations take place within the 16-bit ALU. In
addition to data operations, the ALU also calculates the effective address
for relative and indexed addressing modes. The result of a data operation
is stored in either memory or an internal register. Carry, Negative, Over-
flow and Zero flags may be updated following the ALU data operation.

Internal Registers (Refer to Figure 2, Programming Model)

Accumulator (A)
The Accumulator is a general purpose register which stores one of the
operands, or the result of most arithmetic and logical operations. In the
Native mode (E=0), when the Accumulator Select Bit (M) equals zero, the
Accumulator is established as 16 bits wide. When the Accumulator Select
Bit (M) equals one, the Accumulator is 8 bits wide. In this case, the upper
8 bits (AH) may be used for temporary storage in conjunction with the
Exchange AH and AL instruction.

Data Bank (DB)
During the Native mode (E=0), the 8-bit Data Bank Register holds the default
bank address for memory transfers. The 24-bit address is composed of the
16-bit instruction effective address and the 8-bit Data Bank address. The
register value is multiplexed with the data value and is present on the
Data/Address lines during the first half of a data transfer memory cycle for
the G65SC816. The Data Bank Register is initialized to zero during Reset.

Direct (D)
The 16-bit Direct Register provides an address offset for all instructions
using direct addressing. The effective bank zero address is formed by adding
the 8-bit instruction operand address to the Direct Register. The Direct
Register is initialized to zero during Reset.

Index (X and Y)
There are two Index Registers (X and Y) which may be used as general purpose
registers or to provide an index value for calculation of the effective
address. When executing an instruction with indexed addressing, the
microprocessor fetches the opcode and the base address, and then modifies the
address by adding the Index Register contents to the address prior to
performing the desired operation.
Pre-indexing or postindexing of Indirect addresses may be selected. In the
Native mode (E=0), both Index Registers are 16 bits wide (providing the Index
Select Bit (X) equals zero). If the Index Select Bit (X) equals one, both
registers will be 8 bits wide.

Processor Status (P)
The 8-bit Processor Status Register contains status flags and mode select bits.
The Carry (C), Negative (N). Overflow (V), and Zero (Z) status flags serve to
report the status ot most ALU operations. These status flags are tested by use
of Conditional Branch instructions. The Decimal (D), IRQ Disable (I), Memory,
Accumuiator (M), and Index (X) bits are used as mode select flags. These flags
are set by the program to change microprocessor operations.

The Emulation (E) select and the Break (B) flags are accessible only through
the Processor Status Register. The Emulation mode select flag is selected by
the Exchange Carry and Emulation Bits (XCE) instruction.
Table 2, G65SC802 and G65SC816 Mode Comparison, illustrates the features of
the Native (E=0) and Emulation (E=1) modes. The M and X flags are always equal
to one in the Emulation mode. When an interrupt occurs during the Emulation
mode, the Break flag is written to stack memory as bit 4 of the Processor
Status Register.

Program Bank (PB)
The 8-bit Program Bank Register holds the bank address for all instruction
fetches. The 24-bit address consists of the 16-bit instruction effective
address and the 8-bit Program Bank address. The register value is multiplexed
with the data value and presented on the Data/Address lines during the first
half of a program memory read cycle. The Program Bank Register is initialized
to zero during Reset.

Program Counter (PC)
The 16-bit Program Counter Register provides the addresses which are used to
step the microprocessor through sequential program instructions. The register
is incremented each time an instruction or operand is fetched from program
memory.

Stack Pointer (S)
The Stack Pointer is a 16-bit register which is used to indicate the next
available location in the stack memory area. It serves as the effective address
in stack addressing modes as well as subroutine and interrupt processing. The
Stack Pointer allows simple implementation of nested subroutines and multiple-
level interrupts. During the Emulation mode, the Stack Pointer high-order byte
(SH) is always equal to 01. The Bank Address is 00 for all Stack operations.

Signal Description

The following Signal Description applies to both the G65SC802 and the
SSC816 except as otherwise noted.

Abort (/ABORT) -- G65SC816
The Abort input prevents modification of any internal registers during
execution of the current instruction. Upon completion of this instruction,
an interrupt sequence is initiated. The location of the aborted opcode is
stored as the return address in Stack memory. The Abort vector address is
00FFF8, 9 (Emulation mode) or 00FFE8, 9 (Native mode). Abort is asserted
whenever there is a low level on the Abort input. and the Phi2 clock is high.
The Abort internal latch is cleared during the second cycle of the interrupt
sequence. This signal may be used to handle out-of-bounds memory references
in virtual memory systems.

Address Bus (A0-A15)
These sixteen output lines form the Address Bus for memory and I/O exchange on
the Data Bus. When using the G65SC816, the address lines may be set to the
high impedance state by the Bus Enable (BE) signal.

Bus Enable (BE)
The Bus Enable input signal allows external control of the Address and Data
Buffers, as well as the R/W signal With Bus Enable high, the R/W and Address
Buffers are active. The Data/Address Buffers are active during the first half
of every cycle and the second half of a write cycle. When BE is low, these
buffers are disabled. Bus Enable is an asynchronous signal.

Data Bus (D0-D7) -- G65SC802
The eight Data Bus lines provide an 8-bit bidirectional Data Bus for use
during data exchanges between the microprocessor and external memory or
peripherals. Two memory cycles are required for the transfer of 16-bit values.

Data/Address Bus (D0/BA0-D7/BA7) -- G65SC816
These eight lines multiplex bits BAO-BA7 with the data value. The Bank Address
is present during the first half of a memory cycle, and the data value is read
or written during the second half of the memory cycle.
The Bank address external transparent latch should be latched when the Phi2
clock is high or RDY is low. Two memory cycles are required to transfer 16-bit
values. These lines may be set to the high impedance state by the Bus Enable
(BE) signal.

Emulation Status (E) -- G65SC816 (Also Applies to G65SC802, 44-Pin Version)
The Emulation Status output reflects the state of the Emulation (E) mode flag
in the Processor Status (P) Register. This signal may be thought of an opcode
extension and used for memory and system management.

Interrupt Request (/IRQ)
The Interrupt Request input signal is used to request that an interrupt
sequence be initiated. When the IRQ Disable (I) flag is cleared, a low input
logic level initiates an interrupt sequence after the current instruction is
completed. The Wait for Interrupt (WAI) instruction may be executed to ensure
the interrupt will be recognized immediately. The Interrupt Request vector
address is 00FFFE,F (Emulation mode) or 00FFEE,F (Native mode). Since IRQ is a
level-sensitive input, an interrupt will occur if the interrupt source was not
cleared since the last interrupt.
Also, no interrupt will occur if the interrupt source is cleared prior to
interrupt recognition.

Memory Lock (/ML) -- G65SC816 (Also Applies to G65SC802, 44-Pin Version)
The Memory Lock output may be used to ensure the integrity of Read-Modify-Write
instructions in a multiprocessor system. Memory Lock indicates the need to
defer arbitration of the next bus cycle. Memory Lock is low during the last
three or five cycles of ASL, DEC, INC, LSR, ROL, ROR, TRB, and TSB memory
referencing instructions, depending the state of the M flag.

Memory/Index Select Status (M/X) -- G65SC816
This multiplexed output reflects the state ot the Accumulator (M) and index (X)
select flags (bits 5 and 4 of the Processor Status (P) Register).
Flag M is valid during the Phi2 clock positive transition. Instructions PLP,
REP, RTI and SEP may change the state of these bits. Note that the M/X output
may be invalid in the cycle following a change in the M or X bits. These bits
may be thought of as opcode extensions and may be used for memory and system
management.

Non-Maskable Interrupt (/NMI)
A high-to-low transition initiates an intenupt sequence after the current
instruction is completed. The Wait for Interrupt (WAI) instruction may be
executed to ensure that the interrupt will be recognized immediately. The
Non-Maskable Interrupt vector address is 00FFFA,B (Emulation mode) or 00FFEA,B
(Native mode). Since NMI is an edge-sensitive Input, an interrupt will occur
if there is a negative transition while servicing a previous interrupt. Also,
no interrupt will occur if NMI remains low.

Phase 1 Out (Phi1 (OUT)) -- G65SC802
This inverted clock output signal provides timing for external read and write
operations. Executing the Stop (STP) instruction holds this clock in the low
state.

Phase 2 In (Phi2 (IN))
This is the system clock input to the microprocessor internal clock generator
(equivalent to Phi0 (IN) on the 6502). During the low power Standby Mode, Phi2
(IN) should be held in the high state to preserve the contents of internal
registers.

Phase 2 Out (Phi2 (OUT)) -- G65SC802
This clock output signal provides timing for external read and write
operations. Addresses are valid (after the Address Setup Time (TADS))
following the negative transition of Phase 2 Out. Executing the Stop (STP)
instruction holds Phase 2 Out in the High state.

Read/Write (R/W)
When the R/W output signal is in the high state, the microprocessor is reading
data from memory or I/O. When in the low state, the Data Bus contains valid
data from the microprocessor which is to be stored at the addressed memory
location. When using the G65SC816, the R/W signal may be set to the high
impedance state by Bus Enable (BE).

Ready (RDY)
This bidirectional signal indicates that a Wait for Interrupt (WAI) instruction
has been executed allowing the user to halt operation of the microprocessor.
A low input logic level will halt the microprocessor in its current state (note
that when in the Emulation mode, the G65SC802 stops only during a read cycle).
Returning RDY to the active high state allows the microprocessor to continue
following the next Phase 2 In Clock negative transition. The RDY signal is
internally pulled low following the execution of a Wait for Interrupt (WAI)
instruction, and then returned to the high state when a /RES, /ABORT, /NMI, or
/IRQ external interrupt is provided. This feature may be used to eliminate
interrupt latency by placing the WAI instruction at the beginning of the IRQ
servicing routine. If the IRQ Disable flag has been set, the next instruction
will be executed when the IRQ occurs. The processor will not stop after a WAI
instruction if RDY has been forced to a high state. The Stop (STP) instruction
has no effect on RDY.

Reset (/RES)
The Reset input is used to initialize the microprocessor and start program
execution. The Reset input buffer has hysteresis such that a simple R-C timing
circuit may be used with the internal pullup device. The /RES signal must be
held low for at least two clock cycles after VDD reaches operating voltage.
Ready (RDY) has no effect while RES is being held low. During this Reset
conditioning period, the following processor initialization takes place:

Imagen

When Reset is brought high, an interrupt sequence is initiated:

* R/W remains in the high stale during the stack address cycles.
    * The Reset vector address is 00FFFC,D.

Set Overtlow (/SO) -- G65SC802
A negative transition on this input sets the Overflow (V) flag, bit 6 of the
Processor Status (P) Register.

Synchronlze (SYNC) -- G65SC802
The SYNC output is provided to identify those cycles during which the
microprocessor is fetching an opcode. The SYNC signal is high during an opcode
fetch cycle, and when combined with Ready (RDY), can be used for single
instruction execution.

Valid Data Address (VDA) and Valid Program Address (VPA) -- G65SC816
These two output signals indicate the type of memory being accessed by
the address bus. The following coding applies:

Imagen

VDD and Vss
VDD Vss the positive supply voltage and Vss is system ground. When
using only one ground on the G65SC802 DIP package, pin 21 preferred.

Vector Pull (VP) -- G65SC816 (Also Applies to G65SC802 44-Pin Version)
The Vector Pull output indicates that a vector location is being addressed
during an interrupt sequence. /VP is low during the last two interrupt sequence
cycles, during which time the processor reads the interrupt vector. The /VP
signal may be used to select and prioritize interrupts from several sources by
modifying the vector addresses.

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

G65SC802 and G65SC816 Microprocessor Addressing modes

The G65SC816 is capable of directly addressing 16 MBytes of memory.
This address space has special significance within certain addressing
modes, as follows:

Reset and Interrupt Vectors
The Reset and Interrupt vectors use the majority of the fixed addresses
between 00FFE0 and 00FFFF.

Stack
The Native mode Stack address will always be within the range 000000 to
00FFFF. In the Emulation mode, the Stack address range is 000100 to 0001FF.
The following opcodes and addressing modes can increment or decrement beyond
this range when accessing two or three bytes:
JSL; JSR (a,x); PEA; PEI; PER; PHD; PLD; RTL; d,s; (d,s),y.

Direct
The Direct addressing modes are often used to access memory registers and
pointers. The contents of the Direct Register (D) is added to the offset
contained in the instruction operand to produce an address in the range 000000
to 00FFFF. Note that in the Emulation mode, [Direct] and [Direct],y addressing
modes and the PEI instruction will increment from 0000FE or 0000FF into the
Stack area, even if D=0.

Program Address Space
The Program Bank register is not affected by the Relative, Relative Long,
Absolute, Absolute Indirect, and Absolute Indexed Indirect addressing modes
or by incrementing the Program Counter from FFFF. The only instructions that
affect the Program Bank register are: RTI, RTL, JML, JSL, and JMP Absolute
Long. Program code may exceed 64K bytes altough code segments may not span
bank boundaries.

Data Address Space
The data address space is contiguous throughout the 16 MByte address space.
Words, arrays, records, or any data structures may span 64K byte bank
boundaries with no compromise in code efficiency. As a result, indexing from
page FF in the G65SC802 may result in data accessed in page zero. The
following addressing modes generate 24-bit effective addresses.

* Direct Indexed Indirect (d,x)
    * Direct Indirect Indexed (d),y
    * Direct Indirect (d)
    * Direct Indirect Long [d]
    * Direct Indirect Indexed Long [d],y
    * Absolute
    * Absolute,x
    * Absolute,y
    * Absolute long
    * Absolute long indexed
    * Stack Relative Indirect Indexed (d,s),y

The following addressing mode descriptions provide additional detail as
to how effective addresses are calculated.

Twenty-four addressing modes are available for use with the G65SC802
and G65SC816 microprocessors. The "long" addressing modes may be
used with the G65SC802; however, the high byte of the address is not
available to the hardware. Detailed descriptions of the 24 addressing
modes are as follows:

1. Immediate Addressing -- #

The operand is the second byte (second and third bytes when in the 16-bit
mode) of the instruction.

2. Absolute -- a

With Absolute addressing the second and third bytes of the instruction form
the low-order 16 bits of the effective address. The Data Bank Register
contains the high-order 8 bits of the operand address.

Imagen

3. Absolute Long -- al

The second, third, and fourth byte of the instruction form the 24-bit
effective address.

Imagen

4. Direct -- d

The second byte of the instruction is added to the Direct Register
(D) to form the effective address. An additional cycle is required
when the Direct Register is not page aligned (DL not equal 0). The
Bank register is always 0.

Imagen

5. Accumulator -- A
This form of addressing always uses a single byte instruction. The
operand is the Accumulator.

6. Implied -- i

Implied addressing uses a single byte instruction. The operand is implicitly
defined by the instruction.

7. Direct Indirect Indexed -- (d),y

This address mode is often referred to as Indirect,Y. The second byte of the
instruction is added to the Direct Register (D). The 16-bit contents of this
memory location is then combined with the Data Bank register to form a 24-bit
base address. The Y Index Register is added to the base address to form the
effective address.

Imagen

8. Direct Indirect Indexed Long -- [d],y

With this addressing mode the 24-bit base address is pointed to by
the sum of the second byte of the instruction and the Direct
Register The effective address is this 24-bit base address plus the Y
Index Register

Imagen

9. Direct Indexed Indirect -- (d,x)

This address mode is often referred to as Indirect X The second
byte of the Instruction is added to the sum of the Direct Register
and the X Index Register. The result points to the low-order 16 bits
of the effective address. The Data Bank Register contains the high-
order 8 bits of the effective address.

Imagen

10. Direct Indexed With X -- d,x

The second byte of the instruction is added to the sum of the Direct Register
and the X Index Register to form the 16-bit effective address. The operand is
always in Bank 0.

Imagen

11. Direct Indexed With Y -- d,y

The second byte of the instruction is added to the sum of the Direct Register
and the Y Index Register to form the 16-bit effective address. The operand is
always in Bank 0.

Imagen

12. Absolute Indexed With X -- a,x

The second and third bytes of the instruction are added to the
X Index Register to form the low-order 16 bits of the ef~ective ad-
dress The Data Bank Register contains the high-order 8 bits of the
effective address

Imagen

13. Absolute Indexed With Y -- a,y

The second and third bytes of the instruction are added to the
Y Index Register to form the low-order 16 bits of the eftective ad-
dress The Data Bank Register contains the high-order 8 bits of tne
effective address.

Imagen

14. Absolute Long Indexed With X -- al,x

The second third and fourth bytes ot the instruction form a 24-bit base
address. The effective address is the sum of this 24-bit address and the
X Index Register.

Imagen

15. Program Counter Relative -- r

This address mode referred to as Relative Addressing is used only with the
Branch instructions. If the conditlon being tested is met, the second byte
of the instruction is added to the Program Counter, which has been updated
to point to the opcode of the next instruction. The offset is a signed 8-bit
quantity in the range from -128 to 127 The Program Bank Register is not
affected.

16. Program Counter Relative Long -- rl

This address mode referred to as Relative Long Addressing is used only with
the Unconditional Branch Long instruction (BRL) and the Push Effective
Relative instruction (PER). The second and third 2 bytes of the instruction
are added to the Program Counter which has been updated to point to the opcode
of the next instruction. With the branch instruction the Program Counter is
loaded with the result With the Push Effective Relative instruction the result
is stored on the stack. The offset and result are both an unsigned 16-bit
quantity in the range 0 to 65535.

17. Absolute Indirect -- (a)

The second and third bytes of the instruction form an address to a pointer
in Bank 0. The Program Counter is loaded with the first and second bytes at
this pointer With the Jump Long (JML) instruction the Program Bank Register
is loaded with the third byte of the pointer

Imagen

18. Direct Indirect -- (d)

The second byte of the instruction is added to the Direct Register to form
a pointer to the low-order 16 bits of the effective address. The Data Bank
Register contains the high-order 8 bits of the effective address.

Imagen

19. Direct Indirect Long -- [d]

The second byte of the instruction is added to the Direct Register to form
a pointer to the 24-bit effective address.

Imagen

20. Absolute Indexed Indirect -- (a,x)

The second and third bytes of the instruction are added to the X Index
Register to form a 16-bit pointer in Bank 0. The contents of this pointer
are loaded in the Program Counter. The Program Bank Register is not changed.

Imagen

21. Stack -- s

Stack addressing refers to all instructions that push or pull data from the
stack such as Push, Pull, Jump to Subroutine, Return from Subroutine,
Interrupts, and Return from Interrupt. The bank address is always 0.
Interrupt Vectors are always fetched from Bank 0.

22. Stack Relative -- d,s

The low-order 16 bits of the effective address is formed from the sum of the
second byte of the instruction and the Stack Pointer. The high-order 8 bits
of the effective address is always zero. The relative offset is an unsigned
8-bit quantity in the range of 0 to 255.

Imagen

23. Stack Relative Indirect Indexed -- (d,s),y

The second byte of the instruction is added to the Stack Pointer to form
a pointer to the low-order 16-bit base address in Bank 0. The Data Bank
Register contains the high-order 8 bits of the base address. The effective
address is the sum of the 24-bit base address and the Y Index Register.

Imagen

24. Block Source Bank, Destination Bank -- xyc

This addressing mode is used by the Block Move instructions.
The second byte of the instruction contains the high-order 8 bits of the
destination address.
The Y Index Register contains the low-order 16 bits of the destination
address. The third byte of the instruction contains the high-order 8 bits
of the source address.
The X Index Register contains the low-order 16 bits of the source address.
The Accumulator contains one less than the number of bytes to move.
The second byte of the block move instructions is also loaded into the Data
Bank Register.

Imagen

Notes on G65SC802/816 Instructions

All Opcodes Function in All Modes of Operation

It should be noted that all opcodes function in all modes of operation.
However, some instructions and addressing modes are intended for G65SC816
24-bit addressing and are therefore less useful for the G65SC802. The
following is a list of Instructions and addressing modes which are primarily
intended for G65SC816 use:

JSL; RTL; [d]; [d],y; JMP al; JML; al; al,x

The following instructions may be used with the G65SC802 even though a
Bank Address is not multiplexed on the Data Bus:

PHK; PHB; PLB

The following instructions have "limited" use in the Emulation mode.

* The REP and SEP instructions cannot modify the M and X bits when in the
    Emulation mode. In this mode the M and X bits will always be high (logic 1).
    * When in the Emulation mode, the MVP and MVN instructions only move date
    in page zero since X and Y Index Register high byte is zero.

Indirect Jumps

The JMP (a) and JML (a) instructions use the direct Bank for indirect
addressing, while JMP (a,x) and JSR (a,x) use the Program Bank for indirect
address tables.

Switching Modes

When switching from the Native mode to the Emulation mode, the X and M bits
of the Status Register are set high (logic 1), the high byte of the Stack is
set to 01, and the high bytes of the X and Y Index Registers are set to 00.
To save previous values, these bytes must always be stored before changing
modes. Note that the low byte of the S, X and Y Registers and the low and high
byte of the Accumulator AL and AH are not affected by a mode change.

WAI Instruction

The WAI instruction pulls RDY low and places the processor in the WAI
"low power" mode. /NMI, /IRQ or /RESET will terminate the WAI condition and
transfer control to the interrupt handler routine. Note that an /ABORT input
will abort the WAI instruction, but will not restart the processor. When the
Status Register I flag is set (IRQ disabled), the IRQ interrupt will cause the
next instruction (following the WAI instruction) to be executed without going
to the IRQ interrupt handler. This method results in the highest speed response
to an IRQ input. When an interrupt is received after an ABORT which occurs
during the WAI instruction, the processor will return to the WAI instruction.
Other than RES (highest priority), ABORT is the next highest priority, followed
by NMI or IRQ interrupts.

STP Instruction

The STP instruction disables the Phi2 clock to all circuitry. When disabled,
the Phi2 clock is held in the high state. In this case, the Data Bus will
remain in the data transfer state and the Bank address will not be multiplexed
onto the Data Bus. Upon executing the STP instruction, the /RES signal is the
only input which can restart the processor. The processor is restarted by
enabling the Phi2 clock, which occurs on the falling edge of the /RES input.
Note that the external oscillator must be stable and operating properly before
RES goes high.

Tranters trom 8-Bit to 16-Bit, or 16-Bit to 8-Bit Registers

All transfefs from one register to another will result in a full 16-bit output
from the source register. The destination register size will determine the
number of bits actually stored in the destination register and the values
stored in the processor Status Register. The following are always 16-bit
transfers, regardless of the accumulator size:

TCS; TSC; TCD; TDC

Stack Transfers

When in the Emulation mode, a 01 is forced into SH. In this case, the B
Accumulator will not be loaded into SH during a TCS instruction. When in the
Native mode, the B Accumulator is transferred to SH. Note that in both the
Emulation and Native modes, the full 16 bits of the Stack Register are
transferred to the Accumulator, regardless of the state of the M bit in the
Status Register.

Interrupt Processing Sequence

The interrupt processing sequence is initiated as the direct result of hard-
vare Abort, Interrupt Request, Non-Maskable Interrupt, or Reset inputs.
The interrupt sequence can also be initiated as a result of the Break or
Co-Processor instructions within the software. The following listings
describe the function of each cycle in the interrupt processing sequence:

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen
Imagen

Imagen

Notes:

BIT instruction does not affect N and V flags when using immediate
addressing mode. When using other addressing modes, the N and V flags
are respectively set to bits 7 and 6 or 15 and 14 of the addressed memory
depending on mode (byte or word).

For all Read/Modify/Write instruction addressing modes except accumulator
Add 2 cycles for E=1 or E=0 and Pm=1 (8-bit mode)
Add 3 cycles for E=0 and Pm=0 (16-bit mode).

Add one cycle when indexing across page boundary and E=1 except for STA and
STZ instructions.

If E=1 then 1 -> SH and XL -> SL If E=0 then X -> S regardless of Pm or Px.

Exchanges the carry (Pc) and E bits. Whenever the E bit is set the following
registers and status bits are locked into the indicated state:
XH=0, YH=0, SH=1, Pm=1, Px=1.

Add 1 cycle if branch is taken. In Emulation (E= 1 ) mode only --add 1 cycle
if the branch is taken and crosses a page boundary.

Add 1 cycle in Emulation mode (E=1) for (dir),y; abs,x; and abs,y addressing
modes.

With TSB and TRB instruction, the Z flag is set or cleared by the result
of AAB or AAW.
For all Read/Modify/Write instruction addressing modes except accumulator --

Imagen

Notes:

STZ instructions.

modes.

of AAB or AAW.

Imagen

Notes:

STZ instructions.

modes.

of AAB or AAW.

Imagen
Imagen

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Notes
(1) Add 1 byte (for immediate only) for M=O or X=O (i.e. 16 bit data),
add 1 cycle for M=O or X=0.
(2) Add 1 cycle for direct register low (DL) not equal 0.
(3) Special case for aborting instruction. This is the last cycle which
may be aborted or the Status, PBR or DBR registers will be updated.
(4) Add 1 cycle for indexing across page boundaries, or write, or X=0.
When X=1 or in the emulation mode, this cycle contains invalid
addresses.
(5) Add 1 cycle if branch is taken.
(6) Add 1 cycle if branch is taken across page boundaries in 6502 emutation
mode (E=1).
(7) Subtract 1 cycle for 6502 emulation mode (E=1).
(8) Add 1 cycle lor REP, SEP.
(9) Wait at cycle 2 for 2 cycles after /NMI or /IRQ active input.
(10) R/W remains high during Reset.
(11) BRK bit 4 equals "0" in Emulation mode.

Abbreviations
AAB Absolute Address Bank
AAH Absolute Address High
AAL Absolute Address Low
AAVH Absolute Address Vector High
AAVL Absolute Address Vector Low
C Accumulator
D Direct Register
DBA Destination Bank Address
DBR Data Bank Register
DO Direct Offset
IDH Immediate Data High
IDL Immediate Data Low
IO Internal Operation
P Status Register
PBR Program Bank Register
PC Program Counter
R-M-W Read-Modify-Write
S Stack Address
SBA Source Bank Address
SO Stack Offset
VA Vector Address
x, y Index Registers
* New G65SC816/802 Addressing Modes
** New G65SC02 Addressing Modes
Blank NMOS 6502 Addressing Modes

Este juego es uno de mis preferidos me encanta la estética que tiene.
Estoy pensando en capturar las paginas del hilo en html o algo, a modo de "enciclopedia", para conservarlas tal y como están, ya que con el tiempo siempre hay imagenes que tienden a desaparecer, por tema de links rotos y tal. A ver si alguien sabe algo y da ideas, mas que nada por no andar usando un editor html, y volver a readaptar otra vez todo solo para esta tarea.

...vamos, que conservo todo el material, y a las malas solo hay que volver a reponer lo que deja de "funcionar", pero siempre viene bien ofrecer mas alternativas.
Este juego sólo me lo habré pasado unas 25 o 30 veces,creo que me lo pasaré otra vez, a ver si consigo pasarmelo sin que ma maten ni una vida xd
Ralph escribió:Estoy pensando en capturar las paginas del hilo en html o algo, a modo de "enciclopedia", para conservarlas tal y como están, ya que con el tiempo siempre hay imagenes que tienden a desaparecer, por tema de links rotos y tal. A ver si alguien sabe algo y da ideas, mas que nada por no andar usando un editor html, y volver a readaptar otra vez todo solo para esta tarea.

...vamos, que conservo todo el material, y a las malas solo hay que volver a reponer lo que deja de "funcionar", pero siempre viene bien ofrecer mas alternativas.

Archivo - Guardar como - .mht
FFantasy6 escribió:Archivo - Guardar como - .mht

Uf, que va, al menos con firefox no aparece esa opción, probaré en otros navegadores. Por cierto, ¿se guarda el formate del foro, o me aparecerán cosas raras?.

EDIT:

Vale, con el explorer... pero tengo un pequeño problema, ¿como enlazo los vinculos "HTTP" a los archivos "MHT" que me bajo?.
Ralph escribió:En realidad la intención fué la de incluir un motorola 68000 a 10 mhz, pero la consola ya llevaba demasiado retraso, y decidieron incluir el W65c816, versión de 16 bits del chip de la NES (aunque no se limitaba solo a incluir un bus superior, también estaba mas evolucionado). El caso es que no se quiso abaratar costes, eso es una falacia, lo que ocurrió es que no quedó mas remedio que tirar por el camino de en medio.

...de hecho, se quiso incluir el chip M.A.R.I.O (super FX) junto con el resto de chips de vídeo. Está todo en la documentación del índice.

Puf, si hubiesen metido el Motorola 68000 y el Chip MARIO en la consola como se ideo entonces se hubiese convertido ya en la ostia.

¿Se hubiesen atrevido, a lo largo de la vida de esta en hacer algo tipo Mario 64? Por que recordad que Shigueru, cuando le enseñaron el potencial del Chip Mario ya se le empezó ha ocurrir este juego, pero por limitaciones de la propia SNES ni se planteo sacarlo en esta, si no mas adelante. Con el Motorola 68000 y el Chip Mario, tal vez hubiésemos visto algo así.

Por cierto, Ralph: En SNES sacaron juegos oficiales hasta el año 2000, en Japón. Creo que deberias revisar la fecha inicial de vida de la SNES, que pones 1990-1996.
[quote="Diskover
Puf, si hubiesen metido el Motorola 68000 y el Chip MARIO en la consola como se ideo entonces se hubiese convertido ya en la ostia.

¿Se hubiesen atrevido, a lo largo de la vida de esta en hacer algo tipo Mario 64? Por que recordad que Shigueru, cuando le enseñaron el potencial del Chip Mario ya se le empezó ha ocurrir este juego, pero por limitaciones de la propia SNES ni se planteo sacarlo en esta, si no mas adelante. Con el Motorola 68000 y el Chip Mario, tal vez hubiésemos visto algo así.
.[/quote]
De hecho, yo he leído que Super Mario 64 era (junto con Lylat Wars) un proyecto para SN con el chip Mario; obviamente con limitaciones. Pero se cancelaron cuando el Project Reality fue tomando forma. Pero creo que algo se podría haber visto.
Y por cierto, ¿alguien sabe por qué a Nintendo le salía más barato el chip Mario que a Sega su SVP? Porque Sega terminó cancelando proyectos ya que disparaba el precio de los cartuchos (de 10000 a 15000 pts) mientras que  recuerdo que los juegos FX de SN fueran mucho más caros de lo normal.
Una pregunta: He comprado una super famicom. Funciona bien, pero me acabo de dar cuenta que el alrededor plateado del receptor de cartuchos empieza a tener esos tipicos signos de oxídación (es decir, no se vé oxido pero creo que es el principio). Es normal esto en las super famicom?
68000 escribió:Una pregunta: He comprado una super famicom. Funciona bien, pero me acabo de dar cuenta que el alrededor plateado del receptor de cartuchos empieza a tener esos tipicos signos de oxídación (es decir, no se vé oxido pero creo que es el principio). Es normal esto en las super famicom?

Sí, muy normal, no te preocupes que no afecta en nada al funcionamiento de los cartuchos.

serratix escribió:Y por cierto, ¿alguien sabe por qué a Nintendo le salía más barato el chip Mario que a Sega su SVP? Porque Sega terminó cancelando proyectos ya que disparaba el precio de los cartuchos (de 10000 a 15000 pts) mientras que recuerdo que los juegos FX de SN fueran mucho más caros de lo normal.

Muy buena pregunta, yo me he preguntado siempre lo mismo... Yo creo que sí era más barato porque su capacidad de procesado era relativamente más limitada. Además, imagino que con las millonadas de cartuchos que Nintendo vendía para la SNES, el proceso de fabricación era más barato.
Tengo entendido que el Super FX fue un diseño externo que se vendió a Nintendo, así que quizá la patente se vendió por una millonada pero sin royaltie por unidad vendida, lo cual abarata de sobremanera el precio del chip: vendes un bombazo como el StarFox y ya has amortizado el chip; luego ya puedes hacer otros juegos con él obteniendo el 100% de beneficios...
Diskover escribió:Puf, si hubiesen metido el Motorola 68000 y el Chip MARIO en la consola como se ideo entonces se hubiese convertido ya en la ostia.

Algo bastante cercano a neo geo, seguro (en cuanto a 2D). No solo su motorola estaría solo 2mhz por debajo del de neo geo, si no que el chip mario es un chip de propósito general, aunque por desgracia, el bus de la SNES limitaría resultados que si obtiene neo geo, pero no por ello dejarían de salir cosas muy bestias de ese hardware.

Diskover escribió:¿Se hubiesen atrevido, a lo largo de la vida de esta en hacer algo tipo Mario 64? Por que recordad que Shigueru, cuando le enseñaron el potencial del Chip Mario ya se le empezó ha ocurrir este juego, pero por limitaciones de la propia SNES ni se planteo sacarlo en esta, si no mas adelante. Con el Motorola 68000 y el Chip Mario, tal vez hubiésemos visto algo así.

Se atrevieron, de hecho, y además durante bastante tiempo, pero no les moló el resultado y lo trasladaron a N64. Hay mas detalles sobre esto en la documentación del chip FX, en el índice.

Diskover escribió:Por cierto, Ralph: En SNES sacaron juegos oficiales hasta el año 2000, en Japón. Creo que deberias revisar la fecha inicial de vida de la SNES, que pones 1990-1996.

Ok, le echaré un vistazo en cuanto pueda, pero a mi modo de ver, un par de licencias al año hasta el año 2000 no justifica ampliar esa fecha. La maquina ya llevaba varios años parada.

...saturn, por ejemplo, recibió un final fight 1 vs 1 tiempo despues de que muriera. Ni eso la resucita, ni debería cambiar la fecha en la que oficialmente dejó de recibir apoyo de las desarrolladoras.

Creo que 1996 es la fecha en que SNES recibió el último juego de nintendo, al fin y al cabo, la vida util de una consola se basa en el apoyo de la compañía que la crea.

serratix escribió:De hecho, yo he leído que Super Mario 64 era (junto con Lylat Wars) un proyecto para SN con el chip Mario; obviamente con limitaciones. Pero se cancelaron cuando el Project Reality fue tomando forma. Pero creo que algo se podría haber visto.

El star fox de N64 no es otro qeu el star fox 2 de SNES, aunque adaptado y mejorado. Se canceló en SNEs y se trasladó a N64... por azares del destino todos hemos conocido la beta del juego, que actualmente está finalizada al 100%, pero no del super mario FX. Como ya he dicho antes, está todo en la documentación del chip FX, y en un futuro, en la recopilación de juegos cancelados (falta un poco para llegar a la "S" todavía).

serratix escribió:Y por cierto, ¿alguien sabe por qué a Nintendo le salía más barato el chip Mario que a Sega su SVP? Porque Sega terminó cancelando proyectos ya que disparaba el precio de los cartuchos (de 10000 a 15000 pts) mientras que  recuerdo que los juegos FX de SN fueran mucho más caros de lo normal.

Nintendo llevaba investigando desde 1988, y para cuando se dió luz verde a su comercialización con los juegos, ya era una tecnología conocida, mas que producida, y por lo tanto barata de fabricar. El SVP fué un empeño de sega, que salió a base de inyectar dinero, y producirlo resultaba mas costoso (por el numero de unidades, y por el hecho de que no dió tiempo a mejorar la fabricación de esa tecnología). Maticemos, que no se trataba de un hardware especialmente potente (ya estaban los 486 DX), pero si único, y esta es exactamente la cuestión.
magno escribió:Sí, muy normal, no te preocupes que no afecta en nada al funcionamiento de los cartuchos.

No me he explicado bien, lo siento. Las manchas son como grisaceas claras, como yendose a oxidar. Es decir, que es normal que todas las super nintendo se oxiden por esa zona, al igual que el slot de la NES, por ejemplo?
68000 escribió:
magno escribió:Sí, muy normal, no te preocupes que no afecta en nada al funcionamiento de los cartuchos.

No me he explicado bien, lo siento. Las manchas son como grisaceas claras, como yendose a oxidar. Es decir, que es normal que todas las super nintendo se oxiden por esa zona, al igual que el slot de la NES, por ejemplo?

Creo que se lo que dices, si no me equivoco eso es simplemente esmalte, que se está despegando.
Ralph escribió:
68000 escribió:

Creo que se lo que dices, si no me equivoco eso es simplemente esmalte, que se está despegando.

Pues al parecer es eso, muchas gracias. Gracias a ti también Magno. Bueno, por fin he podido estar toda la tarde con ella. La sensación de tener una SNES por fin en mis manos es indescriptibles. Y más al poner uno de mis juegos preferidos en ella: Xandra no Daibōken. Lo primero que he pensado al encenderla y demás ha sido "SUBLIME" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. Esa música, esos pads tan raros... Ha sido muy extraño pero a la vez como si hubiera estrenado consola hoy mismo.

JUEGOS CANCELADOS P-R

Imagen

· Pele!
    · Pocahontas
    · Popeye
    · Power Drive
    · Powerslide FX
    · Prime
    · Radio Flyer
    · Railroad Tycoon
    · Rally: The Final Round of the World Rally Championship
    · Ranma 1/2 II: Anything Goes Martial Arts
    · Rap Basketball
    · RHI Roller Hockey '95
    · River Raid
    · Robosaurus
    · Rocket Knight
    · Romancing Saga

Pele!
Pele was an unreleased game slated to be released by Accolade. Soccer games were abundant on the snes, and perhaps this one didn't make the grade. The game was released on the Sega Genesis. It was shown at the summer 1993 CES. The 1993 issue of Nintendo Power stated that it had a 35 degree angled view of the field, league schedule play and that Pele had a hand in the design of the game.

Serial Code: SNS-58-USA

Imagen

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - Summer CES, Publication date: August 1993, Volume: 51, Pages: 112
    · Nintendo Power, The Sports Scene (upcoming releases list), Publication date: November 1993, Volume: 54, Pages: 18
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch Update, Publication date: November 1993, Volume: 54, Pages: 112

Pocahontas
Info by game programmer, Carl-Henrik Skårstedt

I was in charge of the programming for Pocahontas and the reason why the SNES was not released was that it got behind because all the programmers were forced to work on the Genesis version (except for Mario van Zeist) to complete an E3 version, and when we got that the SNES version was too far behind to be released in time. Disney tried to hijack Mario and convince him to finish the game himself without Funcom but he wasn't interested in doing that, probably because of all the work.

Jeroen Tel and some other very talented musicians (Laxity, Danko and Kim Jensen) did many pieces for the game but I think in the end a Disney Interactive musician (Patrick Collins I think) remade all the music and sound effects.

Generally we did not port any code between Genesis and SNES (Daze Before XMas had more of that than Pocahontas) because it was simpler to just program in the style of the machine instead of trying to be generic (8/16 bit 3 registers vs. 16/32 bit 16 registers makes for quite different programming), so apart from programming design we were pretty much duplicated work to do each version.

The SNES version had the first level working fine and was missing code for the rest, also we needed to redraw the sprites due to the aspect ratio difference (gen 320 wide vs snes 256 wide). I'd say the SNES was maybe 50% done. Mario van Zeist might have something but I don't know if anyone has anything from the game except Funcom or Disney or THQ (who pretty much took our stuff for the GB version). Disney approached us after seeing A Dinosaur's Tale which they thought was cool, and after some months of negotiations between Funcom Management and Disney Interactive we went ahead. I think we got the project because we underbid everyone else.

The reason Pocahontas is so short is that Disney decided that they wanted to match the movie acts with levels in the game, and the producer suggested that we'd build larger levels so that each level was one act (that's why they are called acts). To make that work we did a lot of technology to swap out background graphics as you traversed the level (usually you would keep all the background tiles in VRAM but we had to make a system to page the tiles from ROM) and the artists didn't want to work with our previous system which let them build little pieces of the levels in a separate screen that they would cut & paste into the real level for the actual background, which would have saved memory for doing the levels even bigger. Other technology to save memory included a background task decompressing animations of some animals you ran past or saved. At one point Disney wanted to include save-ram in the cartridge but they changed their minds when I told them I only needed 5 bytes of information to store everything so we went with the password system instead. Pocahontas was intended for both PAL and NTSC for both Genesis and SNES.

Popeye
Popeye was shown at the Summer 1993 CES by American Technos. It was likely going to be the same game as Popeye - Ijiwaru Majo Seahug No Maki, which was released in Japan by Technos. The game is a platformer and uses a board game style stage selection, not unlike The Flintstones: Treasure of Sierra Madrock.

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - Summer CES, Publication date: August 1993, Volume: 51, Pages: 112

Power Drive
Power Drive was released in Europe, but was likely canceled in North America from the lack of interest in rally racing.

Serial Code: SNS-APWE-USA

Imagen

Powerslide
Powerslide was an unreleased SNES game that utilized the Super FX chip. A demo of the game is known to exist.

Imagen

Powerslide is a Super FX supported game that was also in development for the Jaguar and 3DO. It was being developed by Elite, an English game company. This preview shot was taken from the German magazine, Nintendo Fun Vision (issue 5). According to Steve Wilcox of Elite, the game was cancelled because the cost of producing cartridges for the game was too high to make a return on the costs of software development.
MatthewCallis released a ROM image of a demo from the ECTS gaming show (essentially the European equivalent to E3 back in the 90s). As of writing, it is not yet supported in emulators, and only displays a static screen.

Imagen

Images

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

PCB:
A prototype board containing an 8 Mb EPROM, a Super FX GSU-1A chip, a HCU04 chip, and 64k and 512k RAM chips

Imagen

Prime
Prime was an unreleased game by Malibu Interactive based on the comic of the same name. A beta of this game is available.

Imagen

I'll be perfectly honest, I had never heard of Malibu Comics, let alone the comic Prime before KingMike sent me this scan showing previews of several Malibu Interactive games in the May 1994 issue of EGM. Malibu Interactive developed a couple of SNES games (the publishing company, Malibu Games was a division of TH*Q), including Time Trax and Sports Illustrated Football & Baseball. The video game division of Malibu Comics may have thought that their characters would prove to be good fodder for action games.

According to the Wikipedia page, Prime is a 13 year old boy who is transformed into a superhuman adult. Much of the comic was the kid dealing with adult situations, and him not being mature enough to handle it. The comic started publication in 1993.

A beta ROM image of Prime has been floating around on the Internet for some time, though I do not know the source. The game appears to be largely complete. The Nintendo licensing information is not present, indicating that this may not have been approved when this prototype was made. The gameplay is pretty much your standard Final Fight brawler. Sound is pretty much non-existent except for the sounds of your character beating on enemies. There are power-ups in the game, but there is no way of picking them up. Random graphical glitches occasionally pop up, but otherwise the graphics are pretty solid.

Imagen Imagen

The character, Prime, is pretty much a ripoff of Superman. He has a red cape and a yellow and red outfit. The moves are pretty much what you would expect of a Superman ripoff, with punches, suplexes, throws, kicks and a flying "Superman" dive. Manipulating throws is actually pretty easy, which is nice during level 3 where you can throw the enemies off the ledge on the top of the screen. Like most games in the genre, there are only a limited amount of enemies, with pallet swaps being common, and they take far too many hits to kill. Many objects can be picked up and used as weapons, and smashing things in the foreground and background usually produce power-ups. Pressing X activates Prime's special move, an explosion. It is unknown to me how you acquire this, other than you get one after beating a level. One novel thing about this game is that enemy attacks can also hurt your foe. I also liked that the amount of points for attacking your enemy popped up as you attacked.

The beta contains five levels. The first level is on a rainy back alley, and the enemies consist of random thugs and frog men. The second level takes place in a sewer, and adds in crocodile lizard men. The third level is at a pier, but largely has the same enemies as previous levels. At the end of the third level, there is the first (and only) boss I encountered. The fourth level takes place in a skyscraper and adds armoured men that can charge you and take off a lot of your health. I got to the fifth level with relative ease, which takes place in a lab. The fifth level adds enemies with bombs for heads and a tentacled creature. The fifth level seems unbeatable as it has a heat ray that follows you around and constantly hits you. I tried a strategy where I picked up an enemy and fried it with the ray, but this proved to be futile with several enemies attacking at once. The ray itself might be something intended to kill off the player, as I created an unlimited lives cheat and found once I beat all the enemies in the screen with the tentacled creature, I could not proceed any further.

Imagen Imagen

As for the cause of Prime's non-release, I can only speculate. The game is quite far along in development in the leaked beta. Malibu Games released many games between 1993 and 1995 before the publishing line ended. Marvel purchased Malibu Comics in 1994, which may have doomed this game. I would say the most likely reason for the cancellation is the lack of recognition of the title character.

Screenshots:

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Preview Scan:
(Click in the image to enlarge)
Imagen

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5xnRQoM ... r_embedded

Bibliography:

· Electronic Gaming Monthly, Previews - Special Feature (Malibu Comics games), Publication date: May 1994, Volume: 58, Pages: 136-137
    · Wikipedia article on Prime (link)

Radio Flyer
Radio Flyer was being developed in early 1992 by Ocean. It was based on the Elijah Wood movie. I have no idea how they would develop it as a game, as it was a drama about kids being abused, and that is likely why it was canned.

From unseen64.net

Radio Flyer is a cancelled flying game that was in development by Ocean in 1992 for the Super Nintendo. It seems that the project was based on the film with the same name from Columbia Pictures, in which 2 young brothers escape their chaotic family life with dreams of flying. Inspired by a local legend, they attempt to build a working airplane from their ordinary red wagon.

Celine was able to find a couple fo screenshot from the game in Console Mania #13 (an italian magazine), PlayerOne #23 and EGM #25. Looking at those we can speculate that Radio Flyer could have been somehow similar to Pilot Wings SNES. The project was canned for unknown reasons but as Evan G from SNES Central has wrote, it could be because the movie was a flop / sucked.

Images

Imagen Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - CES Special, Publication date: March 1992, Volume: 34, Pages: 112-113

Railroad Tycoon
Railroad Tycoon appears on a list of rumoured titles in the June 1991 issue of Nintendo Power. The March 1992 issue mentioned that the PC version of the game was shown at CES, but said that the snes version was not shown. According to the January 1993 issue of Nintendo Power, the game was nearly finished and was scheduled for a summer 1993 release. THe March 1993 issue of Nintendo Power had a more complete review, and even some screenshots. It was shown as a Fall 1993 release in the September and October 1993 issues of Nintendo Power.

Screenshots from the March 1993 issue of Nintendo Power

Imagen Imagen

Imagen

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch (mentioned that it was being developed for the Super Famicom, but no word on a US release), Publication date: April 1991, Volume: 23, Pages: 95
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - Gossip Galore - Super Rumors, Publication date: June 1991, Volume: 25, Pages: 97
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - CES Special, Publication date: March 1992, Volume: 34, Pages: 112-113
    · Nintendo Power, Summer CES Special, Publication date: August 1992, Volume: 39, Pages: 58-61
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch Update, Publication date: January 1993, Volume: 44, Pages: 112-113
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch, Publication date: March 1993, Volume: 46, Pages: 109
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch, Publication date: September 1993, Volume: 52, Pages: 113
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch Update, Publication date: October 1993, Volume: 53, Pages: 113

Rally: The Final Round of the World Rally Championship
I don't have much information on this, but it was likely not released because of the lack of interest in rally racing in North America. Interestingly, the game was rated by the ESRB, with a rating of E [link]

Serial Code: SNS-ARCE-USA

Imagen

Ranma 1/2 II: Anything Goes Martial Arts
Ranma 1/2 II was released in Japan as Ranma 1/2: Chogi Ranbu Hen, which is a fighting game similar to Street Fighter 2. The game likely wasn't released due to poor sales of the original game

Serial Code: SNS-5K-USA

Imagen

Rap Basketball
This game is a rather incomplete half-court basketball video game that was supposed to feature rappers Ice-T and LL Cool J. The development team was contracted to make the game by an outside company (presumably Eware), but since that company went under, so did Rap Basketball. This publisher supposedly had liscenses from the rappers, but the developers are kind of sceptical about it. This game is completely unrelated to Mandigo's Rap Jam Vol. 1, and was being developed earlier.

Thanks to the developers for providing the game.

Developer : Bonsai Entertainment Corporation (website)

Programmer: Joseph "Holy Joe Rock & Roll" Moses
Artist : Charles Moses & (Nameless Guy from Tahoe)

Here is an interview with Holy Joe:

Q. For 'Rap Basketball', what companies were you freelancing for?
    A. OK, RBB was a real cluster-fu*K.
    Our original contract was with a company in Tahoe, CA [E*WARE?] who claimed to have a deal with Motown-Games. Then he never paid us and vanished into out-of-business. I contacted Motown a few months later (finally) and they had signed another deal with someone for RAPJAM vol.1. They claimed to not know we were doing the actual development work.
    Then we had a second contract with a publicly traded company. These guys bounced our 1st check and refused to pay us. I sued them and forced then in to bankruptcy, then they vanished. Rough business, these guys really sucked!!
    Q. Did you have any contact with LL Cool J or Ice T's managers?
    A. These guys were totally cool. I talked to them about signing "HOLYJOE Rock and Roll" as a White Rapper and they were going to bankroll the whole thing.... it was awesome, I had a bunch of "bitches and hoes" all over me.... then....
    Naw, I'm just kidding. I never met these guys. LAUGHING OUT LOUD.
    Q. Was Rap Jam Vol. 1 planned before Rap Basketball or after?
    A. Developed after and by someone else.
    Q. What made you stop developing Rap Basketball at such an early state?
    A. We never got paid :-( IT really sucked.
    Q. Around what year were you developing Rap Basketball?
    A. It was in mid-late 1994 if I remember correctly.
    Q. Did you have the license arrangments made with Nintendo yet?
    A. We would have been all set. We were licensed developers and the publisher would have been ok.
    Q. Who was your artist at the time?
    A. There were a couple of artist. My brother Charles worked on most of it - but also a guy from Tahoe did some of the early stuff.
    Q. Who programmed the music? It sounds an awful like a Genesis chiptune that was recorded and tracked.
    A. I think we just dropped something in there as a place holder.
    Q. What was your impression about the game? Did you want to program it?
    A. At the time we were pretty excited. No one had done a Rapper based game like this YET. We wanted to finish it.
    Q. Finally... Why wasn't it finished?
    A. Well, since we never got paid, we had to do something else that would make us some $. We just could not survive doing stuff for free.

As you can see, this game is an early alpha. The basic gameplay is half-court, 2-on-2 basketball. However, your opponents are frozen in place, your teammate just follows you around, and you can't score points. The basketball is controlled with the A button, which causes it to bounce around (you don't need to hold the ball to make it bounce). You make your character run with the X button. Since you can't shoot, playing this is rather pointless. Pressing start brings up the company logos. The background graphics are fairly nice, but the sprits are faceless and run around like limp wristed apes. On a nice note, the music track is very cool.

Imagen Imagen

Imagen Imagen

Imagen

Rayman
La imágen pertenece a un anuncio de 1992 tres años antes de la versión final para Jaguar y Playstation, vemos como gráficamente tiene sus diferencias con la versión final, en la imágen vemos que el juego es para 2 jugadores en modo cooperativo, vemos a Rayman y una versión femenina del mismo, ambos más "gorditos" que en la versión final del juego, también vemos cambiado el color del cuerpo de Rayman que es rojo distinto al morado de la versión final.

Una lastima que poco antes de concluir esta temprana versión para la SNES se desechará y se rehiciera de nuevo el juego por completo incluso contrataron a animadores de una compañia de dibujos animados para mejorar gráficamente el juego y todo porque los desarrolladores de Ubisoft decidieron cambiar el soporte a CD-Rom para las consolas PlayStation y Jaguar. Y yo me pregunto ¿Por qué? si siempre hemos disfrutado de juegos en diferentes máquinas ¿Habría otro tipo de razones?.

Imagenes:

Imagen

Imagen

RHI Roller Hockey '95
RHI Hockey '95 likely wasn't released because of the lack of popularity of the RHI, or so I would assume.

Serial Code: SNS-ARHE-USA

Imagen

DreamTR owns a prototype of this game, and has taken a couple of shots:

Imagen Imagen

PCB scan:

Imagen

River Raid
River Raid: The Mission of No Return (aka River Raid 3) is a cancelled shoot ‘em up for the Super Nintendo, based on the original River Raid released in 1982 by Activision for the Atari 2600. The game was going to be published by Activision but it was later cancelled and only few screens remain preserved in the gallery below. Celine was able to find some of these images in Banzzai magazine #14 and Super Power #13.

The source code of River Raid SNES was found in 2001 by an user of the Atari Age forum:

Imagen

I can tell you, that what I have of River Raid SNES, is mainly a source code dump from August of ‘93. You’d have to recompile it in order to view it. I had one of my programmers do so just we could figure out what exactly we have on the floppy.

Some other info were found by Zwackery from the Atari Age Forum, in VideoGames magazine (vol. V, no. 11, Nov 1993). As we can read from the VGM article, “River Raid: The Mission of No Return” was shown at the summer CES 1991 in Chicago, along with the cancelled Kaboom: The Mad Bomber Returns.

It seems that “both got killed because the developers couldn’t push the SNES boundaires with either one” as noted by Klove in the Atari Age Forum.

Images

Imagen Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Robosaurus
The May 1992 issue of Nintendo Power had Robosaurus listed as being in development by T*HQ. Not much more is known about this title.

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - Rumor Mill, Publication date: May 1992, Volume: 36, Pages: 113
    · Nintendo Power, Summer CES Special, Publication date: August 1992, Volume: 39, Pages: 58-61

Rocket Knight
This game was released on the Genesis, though the CES Special in the March issue of Nintendo Power states that Konami intended to release it for the Super NES.

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - CES Special, Publication date: March 1993, Volume: 46, Pages: 112

Romancing Saga
Imagen

There are no fan translation of this, so I cannot comment too much on this. It is a turn based RPG by Square, with graphics that are worse than Final Fantasy II (sad considering it was pretty much a launch title). The June 1992 issue of Nintendo Power mentions that there were plans for a US release, but obviously that didn't pan out.

Imagen

Bibliography:

· Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - Japan Watch, Publication date: May 1992, Volume: 36, Pages: 113
    · Nintendo Power, Pak Watch - Japan Watch (mentioned as a top selling game in Japan), Publication date: June 1992, Volume: 37, Pages: 113
    · DarknessSavior's blog - he is working on a translation of Romancing Saga (link)

Fuente: SNEScentral & Google

Vaya putada que cancelaron el juego de Prime,porque tiene una pinta increible.
Che_Guevara escribió:Vaya putada que cancelaron el juego de Prime,porque tiene una pinta increible.

Existe una rom, aunque no tiene el juego completo, solo es una beta. No he podido incluirlo por temas de moderación con las normas del foro, pero usando google deberías dar facilmente con ella.
Ralph escribió:Creo que 1996 es la fecha en que SNES recibió el último juego de Nintendo, al fin y al cabo, la vida útil de una consola se basa en el apoyo de la compañía que la crea.

No, ya te digo que recibió apoyo de Nintendo hasta el año 2000 sacando juegos. THQ, Hudson Soft, Nintendo, Infogrames, Interplay, etc... seguían sacando juegos para SNES en 1997 con "Madden NFL ´98", "NBA Live ´98", "NHL ´98", "Super Bomberman 4", "Arkanoid", "Space Invaders", "Kirby Dream´s Land 3", "Lost Viking 2" y "Lucky Luke" respectivamente; luego Nintendo, ASCII y Capcom sacaron "Dr. Mario", "Derby Stallion '98" y un "Megaman Bass & Forte" para SNES en 1998; y finalmente Nintendo saco el "Fire Emblem: Thracia 776" en el 2000. Me dejo algún juego, pero se deberían tener en cuenta. Y esto sin contar con el apoyo del Stelliteview hasta el año 1998 que todavía obtuvo muchos mas juegos.

La fecha debería ser hasta que recibió el ultimo juego oficial. La NES duro hasta 1994, donde solo obtuvo 4 juegos nuevos y nadie considera que su año de defunción fuese 1992, cuando las grandes compañías todavía la apoyaban.
2191 respuestas