PS3 Lua Player released (Actualizado, Beta 2.0)

Lua player en PS3:

This is a little project i started for people who want to make homebrew, but do not want to get the whole toolchain and sdk set up, and for people who do not know c/c++, this allows you to create homebrew for the ps3 in a language called Lua, there is a lot of documentation out there on the language, there isnt a ton of functionality in this release but there will be many more releases to come here is the contents of the readme, a list of custom functions and there documentation can be found in the file called "commands" inside of the zip, if you have any questions, comments, or requests you can post them wherever you downloaded this from, or you can also find me on irc in #luaplayerps3 on irc.freenode.net

LuaPlayerPS3 beta 1.0 Written by jonlimle
XMB icons created by yamagushi

Current Features
-Texture loading (currently only supports BMP)
-Onscreen text rendering
-Controls (including sixaxis and joysticks)
-Screenshots
-All standard Lua functionality (with the exception of the OS functions)
-PC emulator that can be used to test scripts before you run on the ps3 (Linux, Mac and Windows binaries included,
if you are using the windows binary and get some missing dll messages, those dll's are in the "compat DLL's.zip" file in the emulator folder)

Future Features
-Support for more image formats
-Support for TTF fonts and font customization
-Audio support
-More advanced rendering functionality
-Networking capabilities

How to use
-copy everything that is in the "Copy to USB root" to the root of your USB drive
-install the pkg as you would any other pkg
-all files that you attempt to open from lua must be on your USB drive
-any scripts that you make, must be on the root of the card, and named app.lua

-when testing the scripts in the emulator, it will load app.lua in the same folder as the binary, all files that you attempt
to load should also be in that same folder

this release comes with an example app.lua which shows a few of the features of which you are currently able to do

when using the emulator, the keys are mapped in the folowing way

up = up arrow
down = down arrow
left = left arrow
right = right arrow

triangle = w
square = a
cross = s
circle = d

start = enter/return
select = quote key (")

R1 = Right shift
R2 = Right control
R3 = question mark

L1 = Left shift
L2 = Left control
L3 = z

There is currently no emulation of the joysticks or sixaxis in the emulator

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNj_QZPd ... r_embedded

Version 2.0 Beta:

jonlimle, author of the PS3 LuaPlayer, has informed us, that his project has been updated with a new release. For those of you that don't know, LuaPlayer allows you to write homebrew in a simple language for the PS3, that doesn't need to be compiled. The new release features a GUI system, TTF fonts, and new texture support. This version brings support for TGA, GIF, and PCX textures. Currently there is no support for PNG and JPG, but it will work in the next release.

If anyone is looking to help out, jonlimle, informed us that he could use someone to assist him, in writing docs for his projects. You can contact jonlimle, via email at jonlimle123@yahoo.com, or IRC on irc.freenode.net, channel #luaplayerps3

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNM3E1_ ... r_embedded

Canal en el IRC para questiones del programa: #luaplayerps3

Funte: PSgroove
Muerta, si, si esta muerta la scene de ps3, cada dia sale algun homebrew nuevo.
Joer aprendiz, pareces periodista. Siempre estás al filo de la noticia XD y lo cojonudo es que todas son buenas.
Saludos.
raks one escribió:Muerta, si, si esta muerta la scene de ps3, cada dia sale algun homebrew nuevo.

jarl que pesaditos con la coña...

Que la scene de la ps3 está más que viva, ya lo sabemos todos.
lua en ps3... pslight... sceners calentitos... empieza el espectaculo ! ! ! [bye]
estamos viviendo el hype de la scene.... curioso jejejeje
no se necesita saber C ni C+ ni C++ [poraki]
otro mas conectado online ? [sonrisa] q cabritos jeje
Perfectoooo!!

Alguien lo esta probando? a mi no me funciona, instalo el pkg, despues lo ejecuto con el ejemplo que te viene (app.lua) en la raiz del usb y nada...
Bien!! , abra que probar que tal funciona :)
y para qué es esto?? :)

Por cierto... el tío en el video está conectado online?? jailbreak... online??? me lo expliquen?!?!
si parece que esta conectado a PSN..
Esto avanza bastante bien :)

junno escribió:si parece que esta conectado a PSN..

Que mania con no diferenciar cuando esta conectado a psn a cuando tiene el cable de red. ¿Será el tiempo sin haberse conectado a la psn desde que empezó esto? xDD
A ver, si estuviera en psn le saldria su avatar y el numero de contactos online (aunque fuesen 0, le saldria 0) pero ahí solo le sale la hora, fecha, los mensajes que ya tiene en el HDD y lo de abajo sale con solo tener el cable de red conectado, no necesitas estar logueado.
sera todo el tiempo sin conectarse jajaja, vemos online por todos los lados jeje
no nos deviemos del tema... a alguien le funciona el lua player? a mi no me arranca ni la aplicacion de prueba que te viene con el player... [snif]
esto avanza y ya es imparable,voy a probarlo a ver si se puede hacer algo,aunque sea un estúpido "hola mundo" según el readme pone que hay documentación en la red,pero es de psp ¿me vale tambien para la ps3?,pregunto porque es la primera vez que voy a hacer este tipo de cosas.
Saludos
una cosa,
para que sirve esto esque e visto el video i nose no me keda klaro para qu es xd jaja
raks one escribió:Muerta, si, si esta muerta la scene de ps3, cada dia sale algun homebrew nuevo.

Los que se suelen quejar de eso, son los que para ellos la scene es unicamente jugar al GT5 y online by the face.
fraskyto_17 escribió:una cosa,
para que sirve esto esque e visto el video i nose no me keda klaro para qu es xd jaja

Es para ejecutar codigo en formato lua dentro de la PS3, la ventaja es que el codigo Lua es un lenguaje de programacion ligero y orientado a los scripts pero que tambien tiene un amplio potencial. Esto facilita la tarea de programar legalmente y que absolutamente todos participemos en la creacion de Homebrew para nuestras PS3. De hecho se han hecho cosas interesantes con el de PSP.
Señores,lo he probado y no se ve el hello world que muestra el video,obtengo una bonita pantalla en negro,¿alguien le ha funcionado?
Otra duda,¿alguien ha probado a hacer un helloworld más básico y que le cargue desde el pen?,con básico me refiero a algo mas simple comparado con el del ejemplo que tiene un cacho de código que comparao con el mio queda a la altura del betún.
Saludos
dark_on_5 está baneado por "saltarse baneo temporal con clon"
WOW

No me esperaba tan rápido un Interprete Lua xD

Esto está en marcha... [risita] (Juegos, instaladores...)
Versión 2.0 Beta lanzada:

jonlimle, author of the PS3 LuaPlayer, has informed us, that his project has been updated with a new release. For those of you that don't know, LuaPlayer allows you to write homebrew in a simple language for the PS3, that doesn't need to be compiled. The new release features a GUI system, TTF fonts, and new texture support. This version brings support for TGA, GIF, and PCX textures. Currently there is no support for PNG and JPG, but it will work in the next release.

If anyone is looking to help out, jonlimle, informed us that he could use someone to assist him, in writing docs for his projects. You can contact jonlimle, via email at jonlimle123@yahoo.com, or IRC on irc.freenode.net, channel #luaplayerps3

Video a pleno rendimiento: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNM3E1_ ... r_embedded

Source: Psgroove.
23 respuestas