snes a resolución nativa en Xbox

1, 2, 3, 4
Tomax_Payne
MegaAdicto!!!
4.969 mensajes
desde jul 2004
en Albacete capi
@SPPV
Sorry, is very dificult, show in a video.

Can you acces a old crt tv?

If you can, and have wii, can check a big changes in the image.
In lcd screen, not have this diferences, because the lcd panel change resolution to his native.

Thanks four your job.

Now, for downscale mi xbox, i use a uvc ultracade. This use a 480p vga resolution and insert a black scanline into image in par lines. But only work at 320x240 (640x480/2).

You can see this in this link, make by fudoh, american guru of this transcodes and downcalers

http://scanlines.hazard-city.de/

You can see diferences in this cuality pictures.
SPPV
Novato
10 mensajes
desde jul 2017
Editado 1 vez. Última: 22/07/2017 - 18:21:11 por SPPV.
Essentially on a CRT its staying interlaced as opposed to progressive scan. I know because of the back buffer it will not register as the proper resolution at least on my TV anyways. Are you using an HD AV pack or SD AV pack? I piggybacked the pin out so if using an SD pack the XBOX wont enable progressive scan even with NKPatcher Force Progressive installed. I can see a difference when I switch between SD and HD on my XBOX. Not much difference. I know the resolution is right because my Dazzle is in between the XBOX and TV and it records it as 256x224 and the same is true of the ZSNEX screenshot.
And sadly I dont own a Wii. Ive been wanting one but since Nintendo stopped making them people have jacked the prices sky high and Im not paying 2 or 3 times the MSRP for a used one

For my testing I used a 1.6b XBOX, Madcatz SD/HD Multi-Console AV pack, Madcatz Coaxial Multi Console AV Pack. Dazzle SD Game Capture, SNES 240P Suite and a Toshiba 32" LCD 1080P TV

Heres a link for Penny OPS FTW this has 2 other emulators (SMSPlusX and KIxxx) that I did the resolution on differently and may give you better results if you want to check it out. This also has the new KIxxx which has improved memory management and boots way faster than 1.2. Just make sure you backup the TDATA 64646464 folder before installing or you will lose your old KIxxx settings and have to redo them
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6zzps3sf5 ... nny_ops.7z
Tomax_Payne
MegaAdicto!!!
4.969 mensajes
desde jul 2004
en Albacete capi
Editado 1 vez. Última: 23/07/2017 - 19:37:49 por Tomax_Payne.
@SPPV

I use a rgb cable for xbox.

In crt tv, from 0 to 288 (in ntsc 240) lines, change image in 1 pass (usually 60 times in second). Snes or md genesis, have a low res, 256x224 (224 is inside 288 lines) for snes and 320x240 for md genesis. When xbox, show a md/snes game "upscale" the image to minimal xbox native resolution (640x480).
All image in crt above 288 lines of vertical, turn to interlaced. And refresh image first par lines and then impar lines, making a flickering image, because use 2 pass to refresh screen (usually 30 times for par and 30 times for impar in 1 second).

this is the problem, the upscale of xbox, we want to turn xbox to low res, for make pixel perfect (or near) resolution for clasic games.

If you want a wii, in Japan are very cheap, and here (in Spain) too. If you need one for see low res in crt, say me and look for sent one for you (free).
SPPV
Novato
10 mensajes
desde jul 2017
Tomax_Payne escribió:@SPPV

I use a rgb cable for xbox.

In crt tv, from 0 to 288 (in ntsc 240) lines, change image in 1 pass (usually 60 times in second). Snes or md genesis, have a low res, 256x224 (224 is inside 288 lines) for snes and 320x240 for md genesis. When xbox, show a md/snes game "upscale" the image to minimal xbox native resolution (640x480).
All image in crt above 288 lines of vertical, turn to interlaced. And refresh image first par lines and then impar lines, making a flickering image, because use 2 pass to refresh screen (usually 30 times for par and 30 times for impar in 1 second).

this is the problem, the upscale of xbox, we want to turn xbox to low res, for make pixel perfect (or near) resolution for clasic games.

If you want a wii, in Japan are very cheap, and here (in Spain) too. If you need one for see low res in crt, say me and look for sent one for you (free).

I appreciate the offer, but I dont accept charity, I just accept the good will. Its not a I cant afford it thing. Its more I will not not be hosed by some douche and I expect proper pricing. Wii brand new in Canada $159 so used 75 bucks MAX. I wont pay somebody $300 for a Wii his kid has crapped all over, rammed a sandwich in the DVD drive etc lol
Highwind
Let's rock!
986 mensajes
desde ene 2005
en ↓ ↘ → + P = Hadouken!
WTF Oooh
AlexSan
Novato
9 mensajes
desde sep 2017
Hola, unas dudas a ver si alguien que controle me las puede resolver que estoy volviendo a la Xbox después de hace más de 10 años...

1- Esta versión especial del emu es solo para usarlo en teles CRT,no? En una HDTV no tiene sentido ni se podría o vería bien, no?

2- Al tener salida en 240p con 256x224 qué significa aparte de ser la resolución original de la Snes? Qué se verá mejor en una tele crt al ser los pixesles escala 1;1?

3- Como en una tele crt no hay nada mejor, no? O en una tele HDTV con algún filtro nuevo se parece o se ve bien?
1, 2, 3, 4