[Hilo Oficial] Twisted Metal

1, 2, 3, 4
buff twisted metal mítico!!! tiene buena pinta no?

estreno el hilo XD por cierto muy currao [360º]
Tú lo has dicho: mítico. David Jaffe, el diseñador jefe del juego ya ha anticipado que no va a ser un AAA, o sea que no nos esperemos gráficos a lo God of War o Call of Duty.

Eso sí, en diversión será un AAAAA y super viciante.
he estao mirando el video del modo nuke y los graficos no son para tirar cohetes la verda,pero ami eso me importa muy poco , si me entretiene jugando ya lo considero un buen juego,prefiero jugar a alex kid que a alguno de los juegos next gen con supergraficos que hay por ahi xD
me encanta este tipo de juegos [boing]
En el cuarto de los videos (en el que sale la furgoneta de la muerte y el payaso en el plató de Tv) esta muy guapo, graficamente seguramente no sera su fuerte pero creo que puede ser un juego muy adictivo y entretenido, yo al menos lo tendre en cuenta
En unos recientes playtest de Twisted Metal, el juego ha sacado buenas notas dentro del apartado "diversión".

A tweet from David Jaffe revealed the upcoming Twisted Metal's fun factor ratings from a recent playtest in Santa Monica. The ratings were 9,8,9,7 and 8, which would put the average at a respectable 8.2 . Jaffe has previously made it known that he doesn't expect Twisted Metal to be on par with flagship PlayStation exclusives like Uncharted and God of War, but with a decent fun factor score like that and plenty of time for improvement (there is no concrete release date yet), it could be a great addition to an already impressive list of PlayStation 3 exclusives releasing this year.

Fuente: Psbeyond
¡Buen video! Gracias Dek2, lo añado al wiki. Vaya panza se gasta David Jaffe.
Declaración de principios de David Jaffe sobre Twisted Metal. "No me importa si Twisted Metal fracasa", y lo argumenta señalando que la pasión que está poniendo el equipo en el juego supera con mucho el eventual éxito o fracaso comercial. Un tipo que no tiene pelos en la lengua David Jaffe:

"@WetSlimeyFish I usually would not give your semi mean spirited tweet- proclaiming that Twisted Metal will flop- any attention. But because it allows me the opportunity to bitch about a pet peeve of mine, I'll shine the spotlight- which you so clearly, desperately crave- upon your obnoxious, flatulent infested ass.

Here's the deal- and I am sure this will be taken out of context by those who prize clicks over quality reporting- but them's- it seems- are the breaks: I don't CARE if Twisted Metal flops.

And before I tell you why, let me make a few things clear:

I feel that Twisted Metal PS3 is the best TM game we've ever made in EVERY respect. Multiplayer, campaign, co-op, split screen, graphics, effects, online, modes, vehicles, strategy, depth, and a whole host of other things we've yet to announce...it's simply the best one we've ever made and a game that- for players who dig action based shooters- will be one of the best games of this year.

I am continually surprised by and always impressed by the team at Eat Sleep Play. They are some of the best in the business and when this game hits, I think you will see why.

I think Twisted Metal is going to do very, very well when it ships this year. Do I think all hard core gamers and hard core gaming journalists will embrace it in the same way they've embraced God of War, Gears of War, Call of Duty:MW2, HALO, Mass Effect 2, and the like? No. Not at all. But then again, Twisted Metal has never gotten a heaping helping of hard core gamer love and while I do expect this title will turn some of the hard core gamer elites into converts, I don't expect it make players trade in their copies of HALO: REACH or HEAVY RAIN or JOURNEY (if you could trade in a digital game...and let's be honest, I'm sure that's on the way...fuckers).

So ok- with all of that out of the way, allow me to say it again: I don't care if TWISTED METAL flops.

Now why would I say that?

BECAUSE we're making the game we want to make. We're making the game that we feel both Twisted Metal fans and action shooter fans in general are going to love.

Sony has graciously - as always- allowed its developers to follow their passions.

Sometimes this works out great for the developers and for Sony (and thus, for the gamers) and sometimes we all fall on our faces.

Making games is as much an art as it is a business and a science and we're willing to stumble from time to time in the pursuit of a vision that we (both Sony, Sony Santa Monica, and Eat Sleep Play) believe in.

Will Twisted Metal stumble or soar? Who knows? Who cares?

Don't get me wrong: do I want hit? Oh hells yes! Very much so. I work super hard every day so that my actions will allow/force/persuade that dream to come true. All of the other members of the Twisted Metal team do the same.

A hit is great for everyone. For Sony. For Sony Santa Monica. And for us: as a developer, as a team, and as individuals. Fewer things are greater than getting a big ass bonus check and knowing you've gotten it 'SIMPLY' BECAUSE the game you've contributed to has made MANY, MANY people happy! I imagine- and I've yet to have this experience but I hope I get to soon- that one of the things that trumps getting a big ass check is being able to hand out big ass checks to all of the people who worked with you in making the game a hit.

But while a hit it desired and coveted and dreamt about and planned for and relentlessly pursued, it should not be the core goal. I think that is a sure fire path to professional failure and personal depression.

I worry that our culture has become so hit driven and so obsessed with sales that we've lost site of one of my favorite parts of capitalism: creating great products that- BECAUSE they are great- naturally, organically BECOME hits and BECOME successes.

If we focus on the product first, there will be times the hits come. Not always. Sometimes you can focus on the product at the expense of the market. It is a balance. But I genuinely feel that the passion and the product needs to drive the work. Not the desire for a hit.

David "

Fuente: Psbeyond
Buahh que recuerdos!!! se sabe fecha de salida o algo???
Nuevo trailer y fecha anunciada

Imagen

Fecha:

Llegara el 4 de Octubre

The newest installment of the Twisted Metal series, heading for the PS3 finally has a release date. Get ready! Sweet Tooth and the gang makes their return this October. On October 4, 2011, you can unleash your fury with all of the vehicle carnage you can imagine. (We will post the announcement trailer shortly.)

Fuente: http://gamerxchange.net/2011/04/08/twis ... announced/

Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... tal/712641

Por youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEJredakXjM
Redios que puta pandilocura
Gracias por la info! la añado al wiki ;)
Joder, ha pegado un subidón gráfico de aupa
Entrevista con David Jaffe en el Playstation Blog:

After Twisted Metal made its bombastic debut nearly a year ago at the E3 PlayStation press conference, developer Eat Sleep Play promptly descended into a self-imposed near-silence. Now that Twisted Metal has finally emerged from its shadowy confines — headlights gleaming like accusing eyes, an angry puff of steam boiling from its cracked radiator grille — it’s clear that David Jaffe, Scott Campbell and the boys have been busy. Really busy. Even in its early pre-release state, the PS3 rebirth of PlayStation’s longest-running series plays true to form — it’s fast, ferocious, and fun. Underneath the glistening new HD graphics, blistering frame rate and overhauled combat system lies the vehicular equivalent of Mortal Kombat…that is, if Mortal Kombat included 16-player online battles waged with helicopters and nukes and psychotic clowns driving semi trucks and God knows what else.

Twisted Metal Studios Tour 2Twisted Metal Studios Tour 6

Twisted Metal Creative Director David Jaffe is fond of comparing the game’s combat feel to that of fighter jets. The comparison is apt because the vehicle handling and physics are so deliciously exaggerated. This ain’t no GT5; in Twisted Metal, cars turn on a dime and blast from zero to 100 in the blink of an eye. They swoop in for the kill, jousting their quarry with rockets and napalm blasts before the element of surprise is lost and the hunter becomes the hunted. In the midst of a lively multiplayer match, Twisted Metal feels like barely controlled chaos, a symphony of destruction swirling with danger and buzzing with death.

Twisted Metal: Axel (exclusive pre-order item)Twisted Metal for PS3

As you might expect, the arsenal has received a hefty upgrade for the game’s PS3 debut. The devastating new Swarmer Missile and Shotgun join returning weapons such as the Homing Missile, Napalm, and Ice Blast. Each vehicle’s special attack also comes with an alternate fire mode that can inflict even more damage if timed correctly, lending the combat an additional layer of depth. For example, Axel can either emit a wide-range shockwave or transform into a grinding, spiked gear to roll over the opposition — what Jaffe described as a “violent Oreo cookie.” Another nod to modernity: You can now freely aim your projectiles with the right analog stick to hit enemies above and below you. Jaffe even dished on a new Sixaxis-centric combat mechanic he’s currently calling the Turbo Ram. “If you have enough turbo, you can shake the controller forward and drill the crap out of an enemy in front of you,” he told me. “It feels almost like an uppercut in a fighting game.” Though the version I played stuck with a classic-style driving control scheme, with gas on the Square button and brake on the X button, Jaffe promised that the final version of the game would include a more modern scheme with gas and brake assigned to the L2 and R2 triggers.

Team coordination is also shaping up to be a major focus for Twisted Metal’s frantic multiplayer gameplay. Talon Helicopters can use their winch to pick up teammates for a better firing angle; Junkyard Dog tow trucks can drop repair kits to heal their teammates; and the mighty Juggernaut semi truck can open its rear door to allow teammates to drive inside, where the drivers can man high-powered turrets and dominate the battlefield. But Jaffe promised that the new tag-team maneuvers are strictly optional, and that crafty players can exploit weaknesses in seemingly unstoppable vehicles. For example, the devastating Juggernaut semi truck can be outmaneuvered and flanked by nimble Reaper motorcycles, riddled with sticky bombs, and blown to pieces.

Twisted Metal for PS3

During our talk, Jaffe kept our conversation firmly squared on Twisted Metal’s online multiplayer offering. But he did provide a rare peak into the game’s secretive single-player campaign, which will grant you one life but enable you to store up to two or three cars in a garage on each level. If you face impending death during the single-player Twisted Metal tournament, you can venture back to your garage and pick a new vehicle…if you can survive the journey.

With its hyperkinetic visual style and blistering land-and-air multiplayer combat, Twisted Metal is shaping up to be a wet, sloppy kiss to fans of the classic games as well as a daring remix of online multiplayer conventions. And with a shiny new release date of October 4th, 2011, Jaffe’s twisted vision is one step closer to becoming reality. Read on for highlights of my full conversation with Jaffe, and leave your burning gameplay questions in the comments.

On the Name

“Twisted Metal is the final name. The series has been out of the spotlight long enough that naming it ‘Twisted Metal 8’ or whatever would be problematic. You’d have people saying, ‘well, I didn’t play the first seven…’ Calling it Twisted Metal is like planting a flag in the ground and saying that our heartbeat is still strong. The essence of Twisted Metal is still here. To call it anything other than Twisted Metal would feel wrong.”
On Realistic Driving Physics and the Lack Thereof

“Every time we start a new Twisted Metal game, Scott [Campbell] and I talk about doing realistic cars, and it’s a disaster. We’ve never thought of this as a driving game. They happen to look like cars but they’re fighter jets.”
On Creating a Twisted Fantasy

“First and foremost, we imagine the fantasy. A great game designer will tell you that’s stupid, that you should start with your fundamental gameplay mechanics, and he’d be right. That’s just not how we do it. For us, the fantasy has always been to be in a car chase going down the freeway, with semi-trucks flipping and crashing, while I’m in a helicopter holding a sniper rifle shooting a bazooka down, and cars are racing through the explosion. That’s what we start with, and every generation of hardware gets us closer and closer to that vision.”
On Balancing Helicopters

“Helicopters were about delivering the fantasy first, and then figuring out how to tune it. The helicopter has a lot of access to a level, it’s fast, but it doesn’t have great armor. We balance it with risk and reward..other cars can use the right analog stick to look up and shoot whatever they want. If I’m on the ground and you fly over me, I can launch a Power Missile up at you and take you out in one or two hits because your armor is so weak.”
On the Companion Gunner

“The companion is fantasy. You are the car, just like in every Twisted Metal. You see your driver more, and you see your gunner a lot more. Some [of the gunners] actually tie into the single-player story. We still have weapons that come out of panels and things like that, but we thought it was fun and cinematic for a guy to lean out the window of a sportscar and fire a shotgun. It just feels more relevant and cool and movie-like. The gunner isn’t really a different mechanic, it’s presentation.”
On the Number One Goal for Twisted Metal

“I don’t have a number one goal. I have two goals. On the fiction side, I want people to fall in love with this dark, twisted, weird world as much as we do. On the gameplay side, Twisted Metal is a fighting game combined with a shooter. I want gamers to discover what hardcore Twisted Metal fans have known for a long time — that Twisted Metal is a great pick-up-and-play game, but it has a lot of layers and depth. To us, it’s in the same league as classic multiplayer games that build a community for years and years.”

Fuente: Blog.us.playstation
Tiene una pinta impresionante :)
El juego tiene buena pinta pero la temática que usa me echa para atrás. Que locura [carcajad]

Saludos
Demasiado awesome y bestia para describirlo con palabras:

E3 2011 Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSzd7gvuzo
David Jaffe: no le cortaremos los huevos a Twisted Metal para adecuarlo a los gustos europeos (¿?¿?¿?¿?)

Twisted Metal creator David Jaffe has said he’s not going to pander to European sensibilities, despite the franchise’s history of under-performance outside the US.

“What we’re not going to do is go ‘how do we cut the balls off this spirit, of this essence, just in order to say maybe we’ll get more fans,” Jaffe told Eurogamer
at E3.

“There are games that can survive that kind of neutering, but Twisted Metal isn’t one of them. If you don’t get it, you don’t get it.”

Jaffe blames censorship of the last major title in the series, Twisted Metal Black, for the game’s poor reception outside the US.

“Our last really big Twisted Metal went out everywhere except America with all the storytelling, cut scenes, characters and things that gave it a conceptual definition ripped out for censorship reasons.”

Expressing a hope that better marketing would help Europeans see the “fighting game and the sporting spirit” of Twisted Metal, Jaffe said he’s “not going to beg” Europeans to like it, comparing the game’s reception outside the US to Wipeout’s limited success inside it.

“My layman’s sociological view of Europe is that you guys tend to respond to things that are sleeker, cleaner, more refined, a bit more humorous,” he said.

“I think Twisted Metal is rough around the edges, it’s raw, it’s like a garage band. It’s dented, it’s busted up, it’s oil and diesel fuel. And to us in America, at least to Twisted Metal fans, it wears that as a badge of honour. We like that spirit.

“In the same way Wipeout was never a mega hit over here and has always been appreciated by a smaller group than in Europe. There’s a similar dynamic going on. Your Wipeout is our Twisted Metal.”

Twisted Metal is due exclusively on PlayStation 3 in October.

Fuente: VG247

Valiente chorrada.
Se echaba de menos un juego asi para PS3, esperemos saquen alguna demo para poder degustarlo
David Jaffe: "Me averguenza el modo en que comenzó Twisted Metal para PS3"

Nobody can claim David Jaffe doesn't where his heart on his sleeve. In an interview with us during E3, Jaffe was very open about his motivations for getting involved in his current Twisted Metal PS3 project, stating he was "ashamed" of the way it started. Twisted Metal was "a business decision" that came out of "a place of fear," but he went on to say that he soon realized his "genuine love" for the series and now considers it "a passion project."

On the subject of why he got into Twisted Metal PS3, Jaffe said: "Calling All Cars comes out, it didn't tank but it wasn't a hit. I had come off God of War - which was a hit both financially and creatively - and Scott had come off Twisted Metal: Head On - not a Game of the Year, but was successful financially. We thought, 'Hey, we both like having hits... Fuck! This sucks not having a hit'. So we decided to do a Twisted Metal, because fans had been asking for it for a long, long time.

"I regret... I'm ashamed of the way we greenlit Twisted Metal. I'm ashamed that I didn't stick to my guns more and say, 'Yeah, we got knocked down [with Calling All Cars] and it wasn't a hit, but we still want to do something original like that. Let's wipe your bloody noses and get back in the fight'. I am ashamed that I didn't have the balls to continue and instead said, 'Well, we know we can have a hit with Twisted Metal, so let's make a great game with that'.

"We started Twisted Metal as a PSN game and it wasn't love as first sight. But what ended up happening, as we started developing it we realized after about a week that we still genuinely loved it. We think there's a lot more here that we had just forgotten about, because we were away from it for so long. The gaming gods were smiling on us and said. 'We know you didn't get into this with the purest of artistic intentions, but we're going to remind of how much you still love this universe and have to offer it'.

"So it actually worked out really well. Now I look of Twisted Metal as a passion project, but it did not start out that way. It started as a business decision that looking back I regret. I don't regret making Twisted Metal, I regret that it started out of a place of fear and not pure creative respect for the game process. Sometimes things work out, but I still always have that feeling of 'Jaffe man, you should've...' Well, that's you how you learn. I heard a great quote from Jay-Z, who said 'I don't know how you can learn from success, you can only learn from failure'. So I'll never down it again."

For more from David Jaffe head over to our full interview, covering his career, future projects, Twisted Metal on PS3, thoughts on the creative process, predications on the fate of Nintendo's Wii U, and so much more.

Fuente: Gamingunion

Básicamente dice que no fue amor a primera vista y que lamenta no haberle echado más huevos pero que ahora ama en lo que se está convirtiendo Twisted Metal.
No requerirá instalación:

Drew Bradford producer for Twisted Metal told us flat out, “No install.” At this point was caught off guard and simply replied with a ‘huh?’. He went on to reiterate that Sony allowed them to pre-cache a lot of the data from the hard drive. We saw the game in action and the load times were fairly quick. So we are very impressed with what Twisted Metal is doing for the Playstation 3 and the franchise.

Fuente: Thegamershub
Como me lo pase yo con el de PSX el primero creo qeu era, madre mia, SOLD como una casa [sonrisa]
Se va a principios de 2012

Twisted Metal will miss its originally planned October 4 release date. The game will now ship in early 2012, director David Jaffe has revealed.

“We’re gamers too and we know how annoying it is,” wrote Jaffe on the PlayStation Blog. “It’s disappointing and frustrating and it really takes the wind out of your sails if you’re a fan that has been looking forward to playing a title for a long time. Thing is, you gotta trust me when I tell you that – with this extra time for tuning and polish – the game is going to be so much better than it already is.

“With Twisted Metal we plan to ship a multiplayer classic. We plan to ship the best Twisted Metal ever made. We plan to convert a lot of folks who think vehicle combat is a relic best left to 90′s nostalgia. And we plan to explode the belief that the only relevant kind of shooter is a first person one.”

Fuente: Gematsu
El día de los enamorados de 2012 llegará Twisted Metal a USA:

Eat, Sleep, Play has announced a new release date for Twisted Metal. The game will now arrive on PS3 February 14, or Valentine’s Day, whichever way you prefer to mark it on your calender. An exact European release date will be announced at a later date, but it will be released sometime in February over there as well. Earlier this month, the game was delayed because the team wanted to give it some extra TLC.
Gracias Namco ;)

El director del estudio Eat Sleep Play y creador de God of War, David Jaffe, se ha mostrado contrario a la inclusión del polémico Online Pass en el prometedor Twisted Metal para PlayStation 3, aunque ha recordado que esta se trata de una decisión que no depende de él.

Como ha reconocido en una entrevista con el medio británico Eurogamer, esta medida con la que se pretende frenar el mercado de segunda mano al obligar a los consumidores a pagar por uno de estos códigos si desea usar las opciones multijugador del juego, “probablemente es buena para los negocios, pero también podría ser contraproducente cuando se trata de ganar la confianza de los usuarios”.

“Estoy conforme con el hecho de que podríamos perder algunas ventas al principio si con esto logramos generar a un montón de seguidores que de otro modo no habrían jugado al juego”, ha asegurado en alusión al mercado de segunda mano, pero también recordando que esta es la oportunidad perfecta para que la serie vuelva al panorama de la actualidad.

Y es que para Jaffe restringir las “opciones multijugador” de este título, cuando son “el pan y la mantequilla del juego”, sería un error. Sin embargo, el creativo ha recordado que es una decisión de Sony y entendería que estos le dijeran “mira, es una regla que se aplica a todos nuestros títulos y no hacemos decisiones selectivas”.

Twisted Metal para PlayStation 3 se estrenará en el mercado a principios del año que viene.
goldenaxeband escribió:Mr.Grimm Trailer:

http://youtu.be/Jjp55M37ysc

¡¿POR QUÉ MOLA TANTO?! :O
Este juego no me atraía demasiado la verdad, pero esos videos molan mucho. Es una locura total!

De todos modos, no parece que esté suscitando mucho intenrés ha juzgar por el número de páginas del hilo... :-|

Salu2.Tr0Y
Soy Leyenda está baneado por "faltas de respeto constantes"
Soy yo o este juego tiene una pinta bastante buena??? joder, cuanto mas veo, mas me interesa. Y que solo tenga 4 paginas, cuando otros que no estan ni confirmados tienen mas...
Soy Leyenda escribió:Soy yo o este juego tiene una pinta bastante buena??? joder, cuanto mas veo, mas me interesa. Y que solo tenga 4 paginas, cuando otros que no estan ni confirmados tienen mas...

De un tiempo a esta parte eso se ha convertido en algo habitual en PS3, es una lástima pero es la realidad. Recuerdo que a un mes de su lanzamiento Skyrim apenas llegaba a las 100 páginas y es el GOTY.

FIFA y PRO nunca tendrán ese problema. Ojo, no es una crítica. Más bien un lamento.
Soy Leyenda está baneado por "faltas de respeto constantes"
goldenaxeband escribió:
Soy Leyenda escribió:Soy yo o este juego tiene una pinta bastante buena??? joder, cuanto mas veo, mas me interesa. Y que solo tenga 4 paginas, cuando otros que no estan ni confirmados tienen mas...

De un tiempo a esta parte eso se ha convertido en algo habitual en PS3, es una lástima pero es la realidad. Recuerdo que a un mes de su lanzamiento Skyrim apenas llegaba a las 100 páginas y es el GOTY.

FIFA y PRO nunca tendrán ese problema. Ojo, no es una crítica. Más bien un lamento.

Y el proximo TES, con la fama que se ha ganado, tampoco lo tendra.

A mi tambien me da mucha pena. Ver juegos tan buenos como infamous tan poco reconocidos, me da mucha pena. Espero que este juego sea otro de esos "tapados". La verdad es que nunca me llamo esta saga, pero desde que vi el video del e3 hace año y medio empece a interesarme. Ojala tenga buena acogida online y buen cuidado por parte de sony.

Si jugandolo es adictivo, puede ser tremendo. Cuando veo en los videos esa destruccion.. madre mia. Y encima me encantan los diseños de sus personajes y vehiculos.

Se sabe algo del precio? porque si sale a 60€ me parece a mi que se va a dar un señor porrazo en ventas.
Siendo exclusivo y otras consideraciones no veo por qué debería bajar su precio.

Importación mediante seguro que encontramos un buen precio ;)
¿se sabe cuando saldrá este juego?
Ufff.. visto el trailer.. TREMENDO juego... compra segura [tadoramo]
yoyo1one está baneado por "Faltas de respeto continuadas - The End"
Carátula USA

Imagen

Posibles partes traseras

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen

Imagen
Jeje, muy awesome la carátula, gracias yoyo1one ;)
goldenaxeband escribió:Jeje, muy awesome la carátula, gracias yoyo1one ;)

No sólo la portada.
David Jaffe, el creador de Twisted Metal, ha publicado un nuevo vídeo en el que anuncia que las primeras copias de Twisted Metal, incluirán un código descargable para descargar gratuitamente Twisted Metal Black.

Twisted Metal Black se trata de una entrega clásica de la saga aparecida en el 2001 para PlayStation 2, y que al igual que el resto de títulos de la serie, basaba su jugabilidad en acción sobre vehículos.

Fuente: Vandal
goldenaxeband escribió:Mr.Grimm Trailer:

http://youtu.be/Jjp55M37ysc

Jojojo, ya sé qué personaje es el más molón del juego.

Y sí, es una pena que juegos tan buenos pasen desapercibidos.
186 respuestas
1, 2, 3, 4